criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Hero's are too overpowered

I would have to agree with some others in these forums that cross-era hero's have ruined this game/experience for me. In that seeing something like Vader and Kylo running through the battlefield side by side while fighting Ray and young Obi-Wan on the new-new-new Deathstar just threw the whole game off. I've always been big into the StarWars universe, and getting drawn into the games made on the side. They made a fairly compelling campaign after hearing everyone's desire for one, but the feeling of StarWars Battlefront has been ruined for me and others with the implementation of hero lust in this redo.

Personally, hero's should not carry an entire battle. Hero's should be the supporting characters, whereas troops/enforcers are the main focus in this game. Sure they're the main focus in the movies, but this is StarWars Battlefront, not StarWars Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens or any of the movie titles... It's BATTLEFRONT. The stuff that happened to the front lines with the soldiers. EA has taken this game with everything they worked on in the first redo and turned it into another online choose a character that's pre-made and fight other pre-made characters (Like CoD, Overwatch, Plants vs. Zombies, Apex Legends... And that's only to name a few). If this is any sign of where this game franchise is going, I'm glad I decided to return it. It would be terrible if instead of playing just any ol' trooper, you had to pick a character that was made for that class and those were the skills you got.

I will have to give them points for their card system with the skills for the characters. It got me tied into the game a lil' bit, but absolutely nowhere near enough to play more than what I have (I think I got to level 29 playing a bit of each class and flying).

This may seem like a long rant, but this game really was exciting to me, and I finally had some time off to get to it although I know it's quite a late start... However, my excitement for this game and future SWBF games has been sunk. Congrats EA, you sank my hop- battle ship... I mean to say, you sank my battle ship.

I would still rather play the original SWBFII over this, or even go back to the prior SWBF. The heroes are so focused in this game, and the first mode they have available in the menu is the hero clashing... Why would that be the first thing you'd play in StarWars Battlefront??? I get that hero's are super popular and everyone wants to be able to play them without dying immediately... But the heroes are too overpowered. I get that change is inevitable, we should accept changes, but this is too much. It's not Star Wars Battlefront. It should be called something else like "SuperStarWars Brothers: Clash of hero's and villains".

Every time I start a kill streak, a hero kills me. Literally- every single time. And it's not just that they can get a 1 hit kill, they have ridiculous amounts of health to boot. This only makes sense for some of them (like Wookie enforcers). Either they should adjust the health to be lower, or make it so that to gain health back you have to kill people. It would also be beneficial to have some kind of a time limit (or score limit or something) on people being the hero so that one person wasn't able to just get to be the one hero for the whole entire round. This is what made it seem fair to have someone play as a hero against a bunch of non-hero's.

It feels to me as though EA is trying to take some aspects of SWTOR and make it happen in here with the hero fighting. When I'm doing the hero clash it literally feels (a lot more fluid, but all in all...) so similar. And when there's 4 hero's running around on the field, it feels like it's a hero clash with a bunch of troopers around, not an assault with an appearance of a hero to help out.

There's no way to fend for yourself; if you're a trooper and a hero targets you, you're dead. It would make much more sense that if you took a sniper and shot the Hero in the head from behind where they couldn't block/see the shot, it would do proportional damage, taking 1-2 shots to eliminate the hero. As much of BAMF's as these hero's are, they should not be that hard to kill if they get hit correctly. It also doesn't make sense if you have a barricade of 3 heavies constantly firing at the same time, how the hero only gets close to dying before shredding everyone like minced meat. I mean, I know it's all science fiction and it's a game, but I don't think (without enhancements like Grievous) a single lightsaber and the ability to tap into the Force would be enough to block all of those blasters.

It usually doesn't take too long to become a hero either. After playing some of the heroes, it isn't exactly a challenge. It just turns into a free-for all murder as many people as you can with force powers and light-sabers kinda game... Unless you're a smuggler/scoundrel/bounty hunter, then it's super-trooper upgrades AND hero health.

In short, if EA could take these suggestions and keep them in mind if they were thinking about changing some things or making any more SWBF:
1. There shouldn't be any cross-era hero's except special/community events
2. Hero's should have to get kills to increase their health, with exceptions of an equipped card or something of that nature
3. Hero's should have a time limit per user during a fight
4. Hero's should take more damage from the back/head

I'm not sure who's idea it was to do cross era hero's, or if it was the opposite and nobody thought to have no cross era hero's in the assaults and planet/mission specific scenarios, but for good measure:

5. There shouldn't be any cross-era hero's except special/community events

This wasn't really for reading, I needed a place to put this and thought this would be the best place for my feedback. If it's too late for changing this, I hope it put's little thought bubbles in someone's head that's working on future games at least.

Replies

• Lol no.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1272 posts Member
    edited September 5
    The heroes are too OP. It's a reality.

20 players each team and 4 can be heroes. Only one heroe like Anakin can kill half eanemy team in a second easly.

In the last update devs added "helth on kill" free and without need a star card for all heroes (= 4 star cards at the same time)

Result:

1bfioawlu399.png
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1272 posts Member
    edited September 5
    Besides there are some hero fanatics that in the past they got that devs nerfed the officer and the wookie warrior with the objective that their heroes don't be kill never.

Now these crybabies want a nerf for Speeder and Aerial trooper.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I dont play this game anymore. I gimp below the top 50% of my team everytime because I just want to shoot and not use some flying around *****.
    Why should I bother shooting a hero if there is only a 0.0001% chance that he is so bad that I can kill him.
    And why does he have 1000 HP, does he have thicker skin? Last time I checked, anakin was a human.
  • I appreciate the responses, but is it really helpful for a member of the forums to respond with "Lol, no"? There is absolutely nothing helpful or unhelpful. Granted, there's nothing inherently "helpful" about my post, but it was feedback/thoughts, not something to be agreed with or not. I'm just not sure what that means and feel instigated by someone just saying "No" to another person putting their thoughts out there. That's fine if you like the heroes, and if you like flying around with a lightsaber or a jetpack and a gun that's OP in what used to be a 1st person shooter vs. shooter game.

Just saying, in a feedback community maybe there should be more than a few words in a disagreement. They give an agree button, but if you disagree why not post some context, or at least a fully structured sentence so that you might help with the perspective of why "Lol, no".

I agree with sightseer on this one, being gimped below the top 50% because you don't want to play a hero that has ridiculous health and able to get massive killstreaks and end other peoples kill streaks instantly.

To respond to
    The heroes are too OP. It's a reality.

20 players each team and 4 can be heroes. Only one heroe like Anakin can kill half eanemy team in a second easly.

I don't believe the 16-20 players on each team are always (or ever) grouped together until the very last objective in assault if the pushing team gets there, or the very beginning when you start out. There's always separate mission locations each step of the assault, so having 4-5, maybe (rarely) up to 10 players in a given area, can easily be wiped out by any one hero with a couple of troopers supporting them. Especially if they have 2 enforcers following that hero. Remember, it's not 16-20 vs. 2, it's still 20 vs. 20, and when you're focused on the long ranged 18 then a hero kills you in one hit, then you respawn and within 10 seconds that same hero finds you and kills you instantly. The hero's don't need to wipe out the entire team, or half of the team at once, they jump around from spot to spot and instantly kill off the players over and over again to prevent mission progress, kill streaks, and overall joy (exaggeration, have to be a little light hearted about this :p)

I get you're expected to work as a team as well, being a soldier in an army of dispensable troops you're also expected to die a lot. But in an online gamin community where people don't have headsets all the time, it makes it challenging to try to team up with people to take down such strong enemies.

I get that other people like the heroes and playing them, but that's not what this game was. I was saying it's ruined and won't be gathering my support any more, as other people have voiced out and commented similar opinions it feels as though they're trying to get new crowd sources rather than grab peoples attention who liked the original games.

I also understand there are other modes that you could set up that don't allow the heroes, but the funnest one is assault when nobody ends up being a hero. I had a few rounds where nobody was playing the hero and it was the bees knees.

Your feedback on my feedback is appreciated community!!! :D
  • I agree with the OP on this topic. With the new health on kill by default, Heroes are virtually unstoppable in GA and Supremacy. There should be no health on kill. Health should simply regenerate to full over a period of time.

Unlike SWBF 2015, this game seems to be more about Heroes. SWBF was more about troopers in ground combat which which was great because you could customize your troopers any way you like. Your weapons and star cards weren't limited to class restrictions, and Heroes were more manageable meaning they were easier to deal with.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    I agree with the OP on this topic. With the new health on kill by default, Heroes are virtually unstoppable in GA and Supremacy. There should be no health on kill. Health should simply regenerate to full over a period of time.

Unlike SWBF 2015, this game seems to be more about Heroes. SWBF was more about troopers in ground combat which which was great because you could customize your troopers any way you like. Your weapons and star cards weren't limited to class restrictions, and Heroes were more manageable meaning they were easier to deal with.

Exactly that. This balancing in the game is for console players who cant aim because they dont use a mouse. I have now a strategy how to kill the heroes. I use the infiltrator and just burst them or dodge/run away. Its really nice because they now avoid me while the infiltrator costs one eighth of the heroes xD
    But still, normal troopers are not fun anymore after the first enemy gets his first special trooper or H/V.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    Heroes were better at launch when there was a lot of turnover.

I'm not a big hero player and can still go on 30+ks's.

4000 bp shouldn't equal a God like killing machine, bp aren't that hard to accumulate.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png