criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Battlefront Survey Results!!

Prev1
So, this morning I posted a thread with a survey with some general questions about what the community wants to see in the future of Battlefront 2 and I gotta say, I'm thrilled with the participation in the survey. There was great feedback and I feel like it was a really productive way for us to communicate player-to-player and get some data behind our own voices that we can share with each other and hopefully the devs as well. Now, onto the results! The first question I asked was what the community wanted to see when it came to future content and the result was resounding with new maps coming in at over 80% and weapons at 50%.

ee28k05rdb0y.png

Although I didn't include a picture with the next question, I asked which era was most desired for future content, and the results were as follows: Original Trilogy - 63.9%, Prequel Trilogy - 27.8%, Sequel Trilogy - 8.3%. The next series of questions regarded heroes that could potentially be added and I started with the PT. The top spot wasn't surprising at all, but the runners-up did catch me off-guard.

03tcij66yqto.png

I figured Ahsoka would take the top spot but I was surprised that Cad Bane got as much love as he did. But now that I think about it, with recent activity on the forums suggesting a trend towards wanting more blaster heroes, it makes sense. I included a question that followed this one on the survey for those who selected "Other" to mention a hero that wasn't listed and all of those that commented said they preferred Mace Windu, while others commented that they didn't want to see more heroes and preferred future content to be centered around troopers. The amount of comments in favor of Mace Windu would've put him just below Padme and Jango Fett.

The next question was centered around OT heroes and this was by far my favorite part of both surveys because of the results.

dux90yyaqa6y.png

I tried to think of OT era characters that were iconic both in Legends and canon, as well as characters that have been fan favorites in games as well as Star Wars tv shows. As you can see, Thrawn proved that he really is a fan favorite. Among the comments of which characters that went unlisted that players want to see, Jyn Erso was a common answer and her comments would've put her level with Greedo, with Krennic being level with Tarkin, and honorable mentions to Saw Gerrara, the Grand Inquisitor, IG-88, and K2SO.

The next question asked was about what game modes the player base wanted to see have maps added to them and, again, I wasn't surprised by the results when I thought about the kind of comments I've seen regarding maps on the forums.

3khmxlejbalr.png

I had a feeling Capital Supremacy would take the top spot, and I wasn't surprised that Galactic Assault came in the runner-up position. But there was a ton of support for both Starfighter Assault and Extraction, both of which could definitely use a little bit more variety and that have seen a lot of support from the community on the forums. No surprise that HvV and Blast fell further down the list as when maps get added to the larger game modes, they get compacted and used in the smaller modes. The next question asked if players would prefer new, original maps be added to the game versus ported maps from Battlefront 2015 and it was very close, with original maps earning 52.8% of the vote and ported maps seeing 47.2%.

The final questions on this portion of the survey centered around PT maps and the results were as follows:

dnghglog325t.png

As you can see, it wasn't even close. Even though we've been inundated with PT content, if Clone Wars content was going to continue to drop, the community wants to see Coruscant. And with the versatility of the planet and potential it has for every game mode, I'm not shocked in the slightest. The final question of the survey asked players to comment a planet that wasn't in the list and in the comments, both Umbara and Mandalore were even.

The final portion of survey results are coming in a separate comment on the thread so please bear with me!

Replies

• Interesting. Thank you for the effort you‘ve put into this.

Look at that, weapons, right up there...

• Thanks man, I dig it
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Interesting. Thank you for the effort you‘ve put into this.

Look at that, weapons, right up there...

Thank you! The more I observe on the forums, I may do more stuff like this in the future. I know the devs conduct their community surveys but I can't recall a time when they've actually shared the data with us so I wanted to actually put something tangible to our voices so we can confirm what we've been saying on here and do it in a public forum so the information is there for others to see.
  • Mace Windu wasn’t an option?

The results of that question are invalid without it.

I love Mace Windu, don't get me wrong, but I've seen a trend lately on the forums towards being more favorable to blaster heroes. Since the only main saber-wielding villain in the Clone Wars not already in the game is Ventress (could throw Savage in there but I couldn't imagine him making the cut), whose counter would be Ahsoka, I had to think of heroes that could be introduced with viable counters and I didn't want to add an extra saber hero to one side without being able to do the same for the other side. Trust me, I wanted to put Mace in there lol
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4161 posts Member
    edited September 6
    Mace Windu wasn’t an option?

I love Mace Windu, don't get me wrong, but I've seen a trend lately on the forums towards being more favorable to blaster heroes. Since the only main saber-wielding villain in the Clone Wars not already in the game is Ventress (could throw Savage in there but I couldn't imagine him making the cut), whose counter would be Ahsoka, I had to think of heroes that could be introduced with viable counters and I didn't want to add an extra saber hero to one side without being able to do the same for the other side. Trust me, I wanted to put Mace in there lol

You have 3 DS options and 2 LS. At this point, I say they don’t have to be matched saber to saber, or blaster to blaster.

Mace is the most glaring movie icon absent from this game.

If you’re going to add Bane, then Rex should also be there.

Padme would only be just another pistol wielder for the LS.
  • No offense but you didn’t include galactic conquest in your results. I was the one who voted galactic conquest. Sorry if I offended you

You have 3 DS options and 2 LS. At this point, I say they don’t have to be matched saber to saber, or blaster to blaster.

Mace is the most glaring movie icon absent from this game.

If you’re going to add Bane, then Rex should also be there.

Padme would only be just another pistol wielder for the LS.

Like I've said before, I based a lot of this on what I've seen on the forums. There's a lot more demand for DS heroes and from what I've seen, there isn't a lot of demand for the Clone heroes like Rex, Cody, and Fives. I'd love to see them, but I tried to base the survey on what others wanted rather than my own personal wishes. And if you open the door for one Clone hero, there will be scores of people asking for the other notable Clone heroes, which is why I've personally suggested combo heroes like Mortal Kombat does with the Triborg that could be applied to multiple heroes, but it never gained much steam which was another reason I tried to leave personal sentiment out of it.
  • This is pretty awesome. If you don’t sharing, I’m curious how many total people took poll.

Im happy to see maul as number one for skins and Ahsoka as number one for their lists.
  • No offense but you didn’t include galactic conquest in your results. I was the one who voted galactic conquest. Sorry if I offended you

You didn't offend me. I did specify in a lot of the questions regarding future content that I was curious to hear what players would like to be added that hadn't been confirmed by the devs already. Since the devs confirmed a Conquest mode in single-player, I didn't include it in the post as it didn't fit the criteria for the question. However, since the Conquest mode was only confirmed for single-player and not multiplayer, by this comment I can assume you wanted Conquest to come to multiplayer as well, and I'm glad you voiced your opinion on it. No hard feelings, just a simple miscommunication.

You didn't offend me. I did specify in a lot of the questions regarding future content that I was curious to hear what players would like to be added that hadn't been confirmed by the devs already. Since the devs confirmed a Conquest mode in single-player, I didn't include it in the post as it didn't fit the criteria for the question. However, since the Conquest mode was only confirmed for single-player and not multiplayer, by this comment I can assume you wanted Conquest to come to multiplayer as well, and I'm glad you voiced your opinion on it. No hard feelings, just a simple miscommunication.

That’s ok 😀
  • Nice work! No real surprises.
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    How many people took part?
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    How many people took part?

Just over 70! If I do surveys in the future, I'm going to have to find a different free service because the one I used only allows you to collect 100 responses a month and with 70 in less than a day, that platform wouldn't quite work lol
  • DarthMaul131
    277 posts Member
    edited September 6
    Defbored wrote: »
    This is pretty awesome. If you don’t sharing, I’m curious how many total people took poll.

Im happy to see maul as number one for skins and Ahsoka as number one for their lists.

Sorry for the late reply but I didn't see this yesterday, but just over 70 people took part which I'm really pleased with. If I can find a free survey platform that doesn't limit the amount of responses you can field without paying, I'd like to do more because I think it's good for us to have our own tangible data we can share amongst each other.

As you can probably guess from my username, I was thrilled to see Maul on top for requested skins too. lol. With as much effort as the devs have put into cosmetics, I'm shocked we've gone this long into the game without Maul, one of the more iconic characters and one with maybe the most possibilities, and a character the game was originally marketed around, having at least one or two skins. But thus far, he's gone totally untouched and that blows my mind. Even with the devs doing a Solo season and with him being in the film, they ignored him. I'm hoping the devs take notice of this and at least take some of it into consideration when working on future content since it seems like the game will be supported for a while longer.
  • Nice. I voted for the grand inquisitor because I’d image he’d be a really fun hero to play as.
    You could have his spinning lightsaber that blocks all blaster fire. He could fly(this is stupid but would be the most fun thing in the game. And he has an awesome voice actor.
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    Greedo beaten by Sabine who also beat Bo Katan?!

giphy.gif

Burn this poll to it's core!

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • *Heroes got the lowest percentage*

“I’m so proud of this community”
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Nice. I voted for the grand inquisitor because I’d image he’d be a really fun hero to play as.
    You could have his spinning lightsaber that blocks all blaster fire. He could fly(this is stupid but would be the most fun thing in the game. And he has an awesome voice actor.

I loved that the Grand Inquisitor got mentioned. I wavered on whether I should include him in the question itself just because we have so many saber users already. I was also considering including generic Inquisitors as possible DS reinforcements because it would be pretty dope to see. If they had Enforcer class health with the ability to buff themselves and saber damage just below the heroes and speed and agility to make up for the dip in health, I think they could be fun to use if they ever got introduced.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Greedo beaten by Sabine who also beat Bo Katan?!

giphy.gif

Burn this poll to it's core!

Tbh, I was shocked nobody mentioned Bo Katan. But, let's be real, Sabine is awesome and Greedo is, well, Greedo. The people have spoken and their voices shall be heard!
  • Are there any other surveys you guys would want me to do and share data on here like I did with this one? If so, what kind of content would you want me to create polls about?
  • Survey was really good man! Could do with one more in-depth with weapons.

Noted! If I do another one, I'll have it centered purely on trooper and weapon-based content since a lot of people have been really vocal both here and in my surveys that they want more content for troopers.

Noted! If I do another one, I'll have it centered purely on trooper and weapon-based content since a lot of people have been really vocal both here and in my surveys that they want more content for troopers.

Cool. New weapons are what they need to do more than anything. Well, bug fixes are what they need to do more than anything but content wise, weapons for sure.
  • Dev polls should be more like this one. Clear cut questions and answers.

"Rate SFA" is not a clear question...am I rating its current quality, its potential, how much I enjoy it?

Least favourite mode according to them...

...but yet, third most popular map request for your poll.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    This is Clone Wars: the survey, sorry but this isn't valid.

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

Literally can't comment on a topic without moaning about CW.

So for you this survey isn't biased i guess.

Maybe post your own survey, then? :-)

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

How is it for you? If anything, the only Era not entirely fairly represented is ST.

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

I did two separate surveys because the free platform only allowed 10 questions per survey. In the first, there were two questions exclusively related to CW era content, and because of the spacing of the questions and questions allotted between surveys, an equal number was given between the PT and OT in the exact format. And I also noted that I surveyed the player base about which era was most desired among the community and said explicitly that the OT was most sought after. Remind me again what you're complaining about?

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

How is it for you? If anything, the only Era not entirely fairly represented is ST.

It just seems the only heroes mentioned are from CW and the percentages look weird IMO, that's why i've said isn't valid.

Take time to look at the entirety of the results. I did separate polls for CW heroes and OT heroes. And I made sure to ask for opinions on future content for both eras equally, and my thread with the links for the surveys is still available to view so you can both view the surveys and look at the pictures I posted with explanations of the results that'll clearly show both eras are represented equally. The only era that was underepresented was the ST because, as I mentioned in both surveys, I was looking for content not already confirmed by the developers and they've confirmed that more ST content will be arriving with TROS later this year.
  • Alex64
    7653 posts Member

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

I did two separate surveys because the free platform only allowed 10 questions per survey. In the first, there were two questions exclusively related to CW era content, and because of the spacing of the questions and questions allotted between surveys, an equal number was given between the PT and OT in the exact format. And I also noted that I surveyed the player base about which era was most desired among the community and said explicitly that the OT was most sought after. Remind me again what you're complaining about?

The percentages are weird, isn't supposed on each era that the sum of all must be 100%
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.

7hlt3wgkywdb.gif

The percentages are weird, isn't supposed on each era that the sum of all must be 100%

If there was only one selection, yes. But for questions that required multiple selections, the total percentage would go up. For two answers, the total would be 200% and for three, it would be 300%. Weird, yes. But that's just how it is lol
  • I have not read it all, but I am surprised all Rogue One-related content was sent into a mere "Other" category. Any reason ?
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I have not read it all, but I am surprised all Rogue One-related content was sent into a mere "Other" category. Any reason ?

I wanted there to be a healthy mix of ported content and original content. So in terms of heroes, I opted for characters like Sabine because she'd be an original addition with potential for unique abilities as well as Greedo and Dengar who, although they'd be ported additions, are recognizable and iconic in their own right within the Star Wars universe. It was a tough decision because I love Rogue One and really enjoyed the content in BF2015, but I ultimately decided to opt for more original characters rather than discussing the same recycled ones that generally get attention and expand on the character pool. It ended up being interesting because Sabine did end up garnering more support than Jyn or Krennic, showing that the player base has an interest in original content.
    I have not read it all, but I am surprised all Rogue One-related content was sent into a mere "Other" category. Any reason ?

I wanted there to be a healthy mix of ported content and original content. So in terms of heroes, I opted for characters like Sabine because she'd be an original addition with potential for unique abilities as well as Greedo and Dengar who, although they'd be ported additions, are recognizable and iconic in their own right within the Star Wars universe. It was a tough decision because I love Rogue One and really enjoyed the content in BF2015, but I ultimately decided to opt for more original characters rather than discussing the same recycled ones that generally get attention and expand on the character pool. It ended up being interesting because Sabine did end up garnering more support than Jyn or Krennic, showing that the player base has an interest in original content.

Sabine has indeed some support. Star Wars Legion chose her as an Operative, which makes her the only not-film character. She's more popular than we know.
    SnakeMajin wrote: »

Sabine has indeed some support. Star Wars Legion chose her as an Operative, which makes her the only not-film character. She's more popular than we know.

Precisely why I'd love to see her in the game! She'd be a great LS counter to Boba and with her ability to dual-wield and potentially have the Darksaber as an ability, she'd be the most unique character in the entire game.
  • If any devs or moderators would like to offer their thoughts and opinions on the data and information I've compiled, it would be much appreciated!

Agreed
  • So, this morning I posted a thread with a survey with some general questions about what the community wants to see in the future of Battlefront 2 and I gotta say, I'm thrilled with the participation in the survey. There was great feedback and I feel like it was a really productive way for us to communicate player-to-player and get some data behind our own voices that we can share with each other and hopefully the devs as well. Now, onto the results! The first question I asked was what the community wanted to see when it came to future content and the result was resounding with new maps coming in at over 80% and weapons at 50%.

ee28k05rdb0y.png

Although I didn't include a picture with the next question, I asked which era was most desired for future content, and the results were as follows: Original Trilogy - 63.9%, Prequel Trilogy - 27.8%, Sequel Trilogy - 8.3%. The next series of questions regarded heroes that could potentially be added and I started with the PT. The top spot wasn't surprising at all, but the runners-up did catch me off-guard.

03tcij66yqto.png

I figured Ahsoka would take the top spot but I was surprised that Cad Bane got as much love as he did. But now that I think about it, with recent activity on the forums suggesting a trend towards wanting more blaster heroes, it makes sense. I included a question that followed this one on the survey for those who selected "Other" to mention a hero that wasn't listed and all of those that commented said they preferred Mace Windu, while others commented that they didn't want to see more heroes and preferred future content to be centered around troopers. The amount of comments in favor of Mace Windu would've put him just below Padme and Jango Fett.

The next question was centered around OT heroes and this was by far my favorite part of both surveys because of the results.

dux90yyaqa6y.png

I tried to think of OT era characters that were iconic both in Legends and canon, as well as characters that have been fan favorites in games as well as Star Wars tv shows. As you can see, Thrawn proved that he really is a fan favorite. Among the comments of which characters that went unlisted that players want to see, Jyn Erso was a common answer and her comments would've put her level with Greedo, with Krennic being level with Tarkin, and honorable mentions to Saw Gerrara, the Grand Inquisitor, IG-88, and K2SO.

The next question asked was about what game modes the player base wanted to see have maps added to them and, again, I wasn't surprised by the results when I thought about the kind of comments I've seen regarding maps on the forums.

3khmxlejbalr.png

I had a feeling Capital Supremacy would take the top spot, and I wasn't surprised that Galactic Assault came in the runner-up position. But there was a ton of support for both Starfighter Assault and Extraction, both of which could definitely use a little bit more variety and that have seen a lot of support from the community on the forums. No surprise that HvV and Blast fell further down the list as when maps get added to the larger game modes, they get compacted and used in the smaller modes. The next question asked if players would prefer new, original maps be added to the game versus ported maps from Battlefront 2015 and it was very close, with original maps earning 52.8% of the vote and ported maps seeing 47.2%.

The final questions on this portion of the survey centered around PT maps and the results were as follows:

dnghglog325t.png

As you can see, it wasn't even close. Even though we've been inundated with PT content, if Clone Wars content was going to continue to drop, the community wants to see Coruscant. And with the versatility of the planet and potential it has for every game mode, I'm not shocked in the slightest. The final question of the survey asked players to comment a planet that wasn't in the list and in the comments, both Umbara and Mandalore were even.

The final portion of survey results are coming in a separate comment on the thread so please bear with me!

Was this a multiple choice survey? Cuz those percentages doesn’t add up.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    So, this morning I posted a thread with a survey with some general questions about what the community wants to see in the future of Battlefront 2 and I gotta say, I'm thrilled with the participation in the survey. There was great feedback and I feel like it was a really productive way for us to communicate player-to-player and get some data behind our own voices that we can share with each other and hopefully the devs as well. Now, onto the results! The first question I asked was what the community wanted to see when it came to future content and the result was resounding with new maps coming in at over 80% and weapons at 50%.

ee28k05rdb0y.png

03tcij66yqto.png

dux90yyaqa6y.png

3khmxlejbalr.png

dnghglog325t.png

Was this a multiple choice survey? Cuz those percentages doesn’t add up.

Yeah, it was multiple choice, so questions with only one possible response added up to 100% but questions with two responses would go to 200%, and three responses would go to 300%.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

I've seen the thread, don't worry.

How many people responded in the end, always good to have that number?

Can we see how the questions were worded?

For the most part it's inline with what I would imagine the forums to be asking for :)

Looks like only few people... we still want Jango, Mace and others REAL heroess from movies we dont even get.... after we get this we can continue with Ashoka and Cad Bane... and most of all WE ALL WANT PRIVATE MATCHES FOR DUELING OTHERS :D
  • Great survey.

Just bring Sullust, Scarif, Krennic, Jyn, freed default blasters, all eras for CS, and 2 more maps for Extraction and I'll be happy.

That's what's needed.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • F8RGE wrote: »

I've seen the thread, don't worry.

How many people responded in the end, always good to have that number?

Can we see how the questions were worded?

For the most part it's inline with what I would imagine the forums to be asking for :)

Okay so, the fact that you both saw and replied is bloody incredible. In the end, 80 people ended up responding. The questions were worded as follows:
    - When it comes to future content, what do you most want to see? Select up to two (2) options.
    - Which era do you most want to see content added to in Battlefront 2?
    - Which Prequel Trilogy Heroes would you want to see in Battlefront 2 the most? Select up to two (2) options.
    - If you chose "Other," please specify which Prequel Trilogy Hero not listed you'd like to see.
    - Which Original Trilogy Heroes would you want to see in Battlefront 2? Select up to two (2) options.
    - If you chose "Other," please specify which Original Trilogy Hero not listed you'd like to see.
    - If new maps were to be added to Battlefront 2, which game modes do you want to see them added to? Select up to two (2) options.
    - If maps were to be added to Battlefront 2, would you most like to see ported maps from Battlefront 2015 or original maps? This does not include maps already confirmed by the developers.
    - Which Prequel Trilogy map would you most like to see in Battlefront 2?
    - If you selected "Other," please specify what Prequel Trilogy map you'd like to see in Battlefront 2.

Those were the questions as they appeared on the first part of the survey. The second part of the survey's questions appeared as such:
    - Which Original Trilogy maps would you like to see in Battlefront 2? Select up to two (2) options.
    - If you selected "Other," please specify which Original Trilogy map not listed you'd like to see in Battlefront 2.
    - Which Light Side Heroes would you most like to see have new skins? Select up to three (3) options.
    - Which Dark Side Heroes would you most like to see have new skins? Select up to three (3) options.
    - Which Light Side Reinforcements would you most like to see in Battlefront 2?
    - Which Dark Side Reinforcements would you most like to see in Battlefront 2?
    - Which era would you most like to see in Capital Supremacy?
    - Not including content already confirmed by developers, what game mode would you most like to see added to Battlefront 2?
    - What weapons would you like to see introduced to Battlefront 2?
    - Thank you so much for participating! If you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to leave them below! May the Force be with you!

I'm genuinely thrilled that you saw the results and if you had any other questions or comments regarding results or discussions had on them, I'd love to hear any insight you had to offer. But this is more or less the ultimate goal I had initially, creating something to collect and share data so our voices could be reflected in tangible data, and to show the devs where the priorities of the player-base are so we could all engage in more productive discussion.
  • Jango being so low on the list made me quite mad, but seeing people want Thrawn over Space Aladdin makes up for it.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• I'm not sure, so the following may be untrue, but I think google docs allows you to make surveys without restrictions for free https://forms.google.com/
  • killerzf7
    285 posts Member
    edited September 11
    lz6gyifjbnbm.jpeg

At least what you can see from some of the results, Starfighter Assault and Extraction maps came right after Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy.

@F8RGE we’re begging you, please show the smaller modes some support in 2020 please. :(

#M.S.A.M.P. for 2020.

#M.E.M.P. for 2020.

I was going to say the same thing. With the conspicuous absence of Mace Windu, this looks like blatant Ashooka pandering.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.