criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Boba's Rocket Damage?

Prev1
Thechosen1_anakin
8036 posts Member
edited September 6

It seems to do to much damage & if it's working as intended, who gave this the green light? Better yet who said let's nerf it but allow it to do damn near 700 damage still. Anti hero rockets let's boba do 696 damage. "Oh that's arcade you'll never do that multiplayer"

Without Anti hero rockets I still did over 600 damage more often than not. This move is so overpowered it blows my mind why it hasn't been looked into.

should do 30 damage per rocket so max with intense would be 270. Increase the splash radius so it's easier to do damage but this ability needs a nerf.
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Nerf it a little bit, remove air recovery, buff his gun.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Leave Boba alone. I murder Bobas so easily with a Saber or a Blaster.

A good Boba deserves their kills, they earned it.

A good Boba does, but they are rare.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I just ignore most Bobas. But hunt down lord Vadors
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    I just ignore most Bobas. But hunt down lord Vadors

They wont ignore you
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Instead of reducing the damage per rocket I would reduce the amount of rockets and rework intense barrage so it is not a crutch. Rockets are meant to be powerful.

How about 3 rockets regardless of star cards, each doing 100 damage fired at high speed. The damage can be increased slightly with starcards.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    I just ignore most Bobas. But hunt down lord Vadors

They wont ignore you

Then they can follow me around th map.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Leave Boba alone. I murder Bobas so easily with a Saber or a Blaster.

A good Boba deserves their kills, they earned it.

The problem comes with the toxics mfs that only use Rocket Barrage then hide. It's annoying and DICE should take care of that

Well I chase them and catch them so if you can outrun death from me when you're Boba then more power to you.
  • So, looked into this some more and the Star Cards, specifically Intense, seem to be broken.

Without any cards, Barrage hits for 75 damage a rocket. 375 damage total.

Add in Anti Hero, and each rocket does 87 damage (+12 each rocket). 435 damage.

Now, when Intense is added, things get interesting. With Intense, the total salvo is hitting for 600 damage. 66.67~ damage per rocket.

Add in Anti-Hero, and Barrage hits for 696 damage. 77.33 damage per rocket.

These numbers simply don’t make sense.

Interestingly, when using Intense, the damage equates to 8 rockets. So, Intense (without Anti-Hero) hits for 600. 8 rockets at 75 damage comes to 600.

It seems that Intense is only increasing the rocket count to 8, and not 9.

Going to test this some more tonight.
  • MC_XIX
    1914 posts Member
    Must...resist...urge...to comment...

• MC_XIX wrote: »

I only made 1 comment and left it at that LOL. I'm done now. I'll go to other threads 😁
  • So, looked into this some more and the Star Cards, specifically Intense, seem to be broken.

Without any cards, Barrage hits for 75 damage a rocket. 375 damage total.

Add in Anti Hero, and each rocket does 87 damage (+12 each rocket). 435 damage.

Now, when Intense is added, things get interesting. With Intense, the total salvo is hitting for 600 damage. 66.67~ damage per rocket.

Add in Anti-Hero, and Barrage hits for 696 damage. 77.33 damage per rocket.

These numbers simply don’t make sense.

Interestingly, when using Intense, the damage equates to 8 rockets. So, Intense (without Anti-Hero) hits for 600. 8 rockets at 75 damage comes to 600.

It seems that Intense is only increasing the rocket count to 8, and not 9.

Going to test this some more tonight.

It does the same damage as 8 but you get a ton of chances to land hits. That’s basically 600 damage for clicking a button, with very little aiming skill required.

For sure. That comment was more so focused on the numbers of the ability; not the balance of it or skill requirements.

Intense Barrage doesn’t seem to be working as it’s supposed. Another broken Star Card to add to my list, lol.
  • MC_XIX
    1914 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

I only made 1 comment and left it at that LOL. I'm done now. I'll go to other threads 😁

As Obi-Wan says: Don't mind me. Comment away, I'm happy to read everyone's thoughts.
  • This ability usually never hits anything with full force in multiplayer game where everybody are moving and you can dodge it so easily, I really don't find Boba being any problem in this game. Maybe air recovery should be removed, no other nerfs are needed.
  • Zman2202 wrote: »
    My boy....do you even Lando or Finn?

Lol plz they are easily killed in a good lobby
  • IronSoldier
    3718 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 6
    I'm sorry. I cannot help you. I have however changed the title :smiley:
  • I'm sorry. I cannot help you. I have however changed the title :smiley:

Lol but it was a good title 😢
  • Majike
    132 posts Member
    edited September 8
    I do find barrage to be a bit much, particularly in HvV and maps like the Separatist Dreadnought, where Boba can just stand on top of an MTT, fire off a barrage and snipe people off, then fly off to another MMT the second a Jedi manages to finally get to the top of the darn thing.

Sure, you COULD play as Lando and Finn to make it easier to take out Boba, but why should you have to play as a character you don't WANT to play as, just because someone on the other team is making a match unpleasant?
    Post edited by Majike on
  • It’s mind blowing that Boba still has an overpowered rocket barrage, a crutch star card and a concussion missile that does basically nothing.
  • I'm sorry. I cannot help you. I have however changed the title :smiley:

Lol but it was a good title 😢

He was a good title ok. But he's gone now. Why God?! why did he have to go!
  • I agree with you here, his rockets are his crutch and his in air recovery is a bit too forgiving and need nerfing. I'd be happy with a buff to his blaster giving more insentive to play him more agressivley instead of taking passes like an f16 fighter jet XD
  • adamjbamford
    1180 posts Member
    edited September 7
    Mcnally98 wrote: »
    I agree with you here, his rockets are his crutch and his in air recovery is a bit too forgiving and need nerfing. I'd be happy with a buff to his blaster giving more insentive to play him more agressivley instead of taking passes like an f16 fighter jet XD

Agreed. He’s supposed to be a master bounty hunter not a WW2 bomb jet.
    Post edited by adamjbamford on
  • I believe you'll live for now
  • A good Boba can really ruin your day. I for one, am terrible at landing his barrage.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • If you think that is bad I remembered it was much worse when they launched this game. He was OP for awhile.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    If you think that is bad I remembered it was much worse when they launched this game. He was OP for awhile.

Boba was awful in the beginning. He had undeniably the worst blaster in the game and his barrage did enough damage to kill a hero 3 times over. Barrage is still pretty cheap though.
  • His rockets definitely need a small nerf
  • tankertoad
    6316 posts Member
    edited September 8
    I've solod boba with leia. Pick a counter
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Axone
    408 posts Member
    edited September 8
    Boba Fett main concern is his air recovery and his air dodge. These utilities is what make Boba Overpower and it is unfair.
  • Axone wrote: »
    Boba Fett main concern is his air recovery and his air dodge. These utilities is what make Boba Overpower and it is unfair.

Barrage has long been a massive pain in the butt (what other ability manages to essentially one-shot heroes with a single use?), but Boba DOES seem like he's got a lot harder to take down thanks to his aerial recovery and air dodge.

At least with OldBoba, if he flew too close, you could push him to the ground, then wail on him a bit. Now all Jedi have if Boba wants to camp a high spot is the ability to mildly inconvenience him for a second or two.
  • The King of Nerfs strikes again. :D
  • Rinku wrote: »
    The only thing Boba is missing is the a fifth ability where he pulls out a Lightsaber for the rest of the match.

Dont give away my secret ability
  • boba is too weak in GA and infects in HvV, there is nothing easier than to chain the kill with boba with a minimum of competence. He has 4 star cards and can literally never die in good hands.

I wish I could separate from his star card "intense barrage" but the speed of rockets boba is too slow without it. Another card you are dependent on to make the hero playable ....
  • Anyone that gets hit by all of his rockets is clearly a loaded baked potato. Hes fine.

Exactly. Just like Speeders' barrage.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Anyone that gets hit by all of his rockets is clearly a loaded baked potato. Hes fine.

Exactly. Just like Speeders' barrage.

Well the difference with that is speeders barrage is MUCH harder to land than Bobas. The speeders barrage is fine because the wonky controls and targets moving make is a challenge. It takes significantly less skill to land all Bobas rockets. In HvV with both cards he deals 696 damage. That's OP

Not really I land them pretty often whenever I see a blaster hero

Not really I land them pretty often whenever I see a blaster hero

I said to get hit by them all requires bad players which in your case you hit bad players
  • CC_1010
    1801 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Anakin is not r2 spamming anyone as he just says: “give me a short break pls! My stamina is depleted!!! Cough”