criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

(Sarlacc is back) Lots of people leaving, why?-- and what is your opinion?

Prev1
I've been seeing many threads with paragraphs full of complaints. It seems many people are angered and are leaving,

What needs to be changed? Why? Reply below

Also, I'm glad to be back on this forum.

-Sarlacc
I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest

Replies

• willywonka7
    1620 posts Member
    edited September 6
    It's obviously the bugs, balancing, and matchmaking.............they are all causing a lot of problems.

They just need to put more effort into actually fixing those three things. THAT'S IT!
  • It's obviously the bugs, balancing, and matchmaking.............they are all causing a lot of problems.

Explain--what needs changing specifically, if you were in charge, what would you do?
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • Alex64
    7653 posts Member
    The neverending parade of mistakes they do while trying to fix this unfixable mess
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    The neverending parade of mistakes they do while trying to fix this unfixable mess

If another battlefront or star wars shooter game was made by EA, what do you think they should add/change/fix/redo?

• Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

If another battlefront or star wars shooter game was made by EA, what do you think they should add/change/fix/redo?

First they need to use Unreal engine and second i think it would need at least 4 years of development and released until the game would be ready to launch

Yeah, no more of the current engine.

• tankertoad
    6316 posts Member
    edited September 6
    Netcode/lag/hitboxes/balance (toons and weapons)

It's massively affecting both dice titles right now. Welcome back sarlacc

Edit: matchmaking
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Welcome back Sarlaac!

I personally don't play the online matchmaking, but what I've been reading on the forums shows alot of negatives. Apparently some heroes have bugs which allow them to easily destroy heroes. Something like being able to bypass blocks? cancel abilites? I don't know the specifics, but hero bugs. Also some other bugs have apparently risen from the grave to haunt the game. I don't know. Take everything I am saying with a lot of grains of salt. If I was in charge I'd focus on bug fixes and the upcoming updates.

Sorry I don't give any real solid info, I haven't posted in awhile and I just saw you came back so I figured I might as well too!
    "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"~ The Battlefront 2 Community
    Steam: |CG|Jdwill
    Origin: Jay_Dee_Wills
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Netcode/lag/hitboxes/balance (toons and weapons)

It's massively affecting both dice titles right now. Welcome back sarlacc

its nice to be back :)

• Welcome back to the forums Sarlacc!

“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
  • Returned from the unknown regions at last
  • They keep dropping content into a broken game.
    Their servers are horrible. Gameplay lag on PS4 is constantly bad, especially in cs.
    Way to much progression for new players.
    Bugs and glitches are at an all time high.
    Matchmaking is bad.
    Empty lobbies.
    Hero Starfighter needs to be reframed like deathmatch , hero ships only.
    Emotes broken
    Not enough things to purchase to generate money to give the game enough developers for upkeep.
    Spawn timers need to go
    Needs new maps and weapons
    Need to be able to pick gender on troops
    I could go on but really, what good is gonna do
  • vonVile wrote: »

Disney needs to cancel their contract with EA and give the game to somebody else, who actually cares about their product quality.

Unfortunately Disney doesnt care about their product either. Just $$$

• In the culinary world there is a saying "taste, taste, taste. If you never teste you never know" Dice never tastes their food and they throw their hands up in the air confused when it gets sent back for being not good.

I shouldn't have to tell the developers what's wrong with their game, they are professionals they should know it's what they get payed to do.
  • Lack of maps is what is causing me to lose interest. Just give us more Extraction and Strike maps already.
  • OP if you saw all of these threads about people leaving, did you not read them or something and just saw the titles? Every single one of the threads was about bugs and most of them were very specific as to what bugs.
  • Blast is ruined by re-enforcements, matchmaking is horrible, content is trickled out, AND the level 50 achievement... Is. Still. Bugged. (Literally hit 50 a moment ago on xbox, fyi...)

I can't handle this game much more. My patience is a drying well...

What more can be said?
  • Oh yeah, and the Fifa Ultimate Team guy is in charge of BF2 as well as other EA games.

So I am scared for the future on top of depressed about the current state...
  • Correction about the level 50 achievement. It just wanted to take its sweet time to update...
  • The bugs are what made me leave this game, in anger, halfway into my 2nd CS match after the patch. This appears to be a regular thing after patches lately. DICE adds some gamebreaking bug (or intentionally adds extremely overpowered heroes) and I feel forced to take an extended break. Which also usually means my friend takes an extended break from the game aswell.
    Absolutely no communication from community managers is what made me stay away.

Now fall is on the horizon, which means an insane amount of other games to play. SWTOR is getting an expansion and SW Jedi Fallen Order is coming so I will get my star wars fix there.
    Tons of new shooters are coming with Borderlands, Ghost Recon Breakpoint and surprisingly a Call of Duty that has me hyped for the first time since the first Black Ops.

I’m seeing very few reasons to return to this game again in a long time.

What needs to change? First of all bug fixes need to have a much, much, much higher priority. Communication also needs to be improved. It’s not good enough to tell us to assume the devs are aware of the issues. They need to come out, here on the forums and acknowledge when game breaking bugs like these have occured. And not over a week after the patch where they occured.

Another thing that needs to change is the content. Star Wars Battlefront is primarely a SHOOTER. It revolves around grunts on the ground although from BFII you would think it only revolves around heroes and villains. But no, the absolute majority plays regular grunts. And what do regular grunts need?

WEAPONS. STARCARDS. ABILITIES.

Adding more reinforcements does not cover this. A reinforcement is an overpowered, superbuffed soldier that a lot of people probably feel forced to play to not nerf themselves. But overall the vast majority of the players (except flyboys and hero mains) play regular troopers the most.
    And apart from skins (that modders created much better versions of in a few weeks after launch I might add), regular troopers have seen absolutely nothing new other than nerfs, balances and bugs.

I was hopeful before the august roadmap because F8rge said there would be something for everyone to be happy about. He lied.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    The bugs are what made me leave this game, in anger, halfway into my 2nd CS match after the patch. This appears to be a regular thing after patches lately. DICE adds some gamebreaking bug (or intentionally adds extremely overpowered heroes) and I feel forced to take an extended break. Which also usually means my friend takes an extended break from the game aswell.

Now fall is on the horizon, which means an insane amount of other games to play. SWTOR is getting an expansion and SW Jedi Fallen Order is coming so I will get my star wars fix there.
    Tons of new shooters are coming with Borderlands, Ghost Recon Breakpoint and surprisingly a Call of Duty that has me hyped for the first time since the first Black Ops.

What needs to change? First of all bug fixes need to have a much, much, much higher priority. Communication also needs to be improved. It’s not good enough to tell us to assume the devs are aware of the issues. They need to come out, here on the forums and acknowledge when game breaking bugs like these have occured. And not over a week after the patch where they occured.

Another thing that needs to change is the content. Star Wars Battlefront is primarely a SHOOTER. It revolves around grunts on the ground although from BFII you would think it only revolves around heroes and villains. But no, the absolute majority plays regular grunts. And what do regular grunts need?

Adding more reinforcements does not cover this. A reinforcement is an overpowered, superbuffed soldier that a lot of people probably feel forced to play to not nerf themselves. But overall the vast majority of the players (except flyboys and hero mains) play regular troopers the most.
    And apart from skins (that modders created much better versions of in a few weeks after launch I might add), regular troopers have seen absolutely nothing new other than nerfs, balances and bugs.

I was hopeful before the august roadmap because F8rge said there would be something for everyone to be happy about. He lied.

I think this sums it up...
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Frostbite needs to go. Gameplay on the Unreal engine is so much better.

Tiered combat needs to go, or they at least need a mode or 2 with only the base classes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

vonVile wrote: »

Disney needs to cancel their contract with EA and give the game to somebody else, who actually cares about their product quality.

Wouldn't a bad product equal a reduction in £££'s eventually?
  • MerovechI
    110 posts Member
    edited September 7
    People are leaving because every time, since release, that something new is added, something intended to improve gameplay in whatever area, many things that weren't previously broken, break. On top of that, the intended fixes rarely actually fix the problem they're designed to fix.
    However, I'm becoming more convinced that a large bulk of the problems in the game are related to the servers themselves and the Frostbite engine, meaning the game is fundamentally flawed and was so from the outset.
    Then there's the slow drip of new content. IIRC, there have been 2 maps added to GA since release, one of which was finished before release but was held back for TLJ's release (which is fine and completely understandable). It took nearly a year to give us Geonosis, and it's, IMO, the worst map in the game (even worse than the ST maps).

I could easily say more, but why bother?
    vonVile wrote: »

Wouldn't a bad product equal a reduction in £££'s eventually?

Doesn't really seem that way at the moment. Nostalgia has quite a grip on a lot of the general population when it comes to entertainment I think. They just can't let go of certain franchises and are just so thankful for more content that they will pay anything to see it or play it on video games. It's really pathetic. They all seem to even know that they are paying for poor quality movies and what not, but yet talk themselves into seeing the next one just in case it gets better.

I got a bad feeling that even if dice were to come out with a new BF3 game, that most of the population would just put aside what happened with this one and go on blind hope that it will all work out and still buy a BF3. I think Disney know what they've got and they are going to milk it dry and pump out as much content as possible for ages and ages. Maybe one day some new great directors will come along and save the movies at least, but at the moment we're stuck with these second rate wannabe legendary directors who aren't in the same league as the 80s and 90s guys. And I have no idea what to say about the future of the game. Disney make such bad choices that it's anyone's guess what will happen.
  • From what Ive read experienced friends family etc, pretty much everybody did not like the last jedi. However it is a top 10 greatest selling movie of all time... so if youre Disney do you look at people's wallets or do you look at their reviews?

People have been utterly endlessly cautioned about buying another Electronic Arts Star Wars title yet, I see more people talking about the title this fall than not. If it says Star Wars people will buy it. Can't even wait for reviews at least. And the game look kinda basic to me.

I wish I could find the EA quote making fun of older guys playing "children's games." They don't care about Star Wars...and they think it's easy milk. And they're right. If not for the loot Box scandal none of the issues of this game would be known to the general public. And EA would have never taken a financial hit. Even though all these bugs and problems would still exist.

• I left primarily because of the matchmaking, which is somehow getting much worse over time. Secondary considerations would be because of the hitbox issues and the constant unbalancing of the heroes. Losing, and winning, HvV matches by 25 or more. Diving behind cover and then getting hit, getting hit by a lightsaber from 15 feet away, and so on. Boba Fett going from an annoying glass cannon to being made virtually unkillable in the hands of a good player. I'm a software developer, so I understand the hazards of spending your time developing the game, not playing the game, so there's a disconnect there, but how Rey and Obi-Wan's instant stamina drain, for example, wasn't detected by their QA department utterly baffles me.

This game is no longer fun, at least for me, and I say this as someone who loves, or at least wants to love, this game, and put in 2000+ hours trying to love it.
  • The game needs an option to NOT play against pre made squads even if only in smaller scale modes like hvv. This would help game balance and retention of new players
  • Thanks for the replies, love to read them!

• It’s disappointing to see the current state of the game.

• I don't even know anymore. I guess we should just be happy with what we got. Hope for the best and shoot for the sky but if nothing else accept the reality of it all. This game is a great distraction from an ever apparent and failing US economy among other things.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    I don't even know anymore. I guess we should just be happy with what we got. Hope for the best and shoot for the sky but if nothing else accept the reality of it all. This game is a great distraction from an ever apparent and failing US economy among other things.

Real deep—I like it

• Another problem I've noticed are some players who want the game to be really competitive, even though it is Star Wars which includes some children.
  • Darkhand_9 wrote: »
    Another problem I've noticed are some players who want the game to be really competitive, even though it is Star Wars which includes some children.

yeah, ive seen that

Another problem I've noticed are some players who want the game to be really competitive, even though it is Star Wars which includes some children.

It would take another year of work to make this game remotely competitive. There are people that want it more competitiv, like myself, but I don't think anybody wants it hyper competitive, and they don't have the skill set and resources to do that anyway

Darkhand_9 wrote: »

It would take another year of work to make this game remotely competitive. There are people that want it more competitiv, like myself, but I don't think anybody wants it hyper competitive, and they don't have the skill set and resources to do that anyway

Interesting thinking-- i agree with you.

From what Ive read experienced friends family etc, pretty much everybody did not like the last jedi. However it is a top 10 greatest selling movie of all time... so if youre Disney do you look at people's wallets or do you look at their reviews?

People have been utterly endlessly cautioned about buying another Electronic Arts Star Wars title yet, I see more people talking about the title this fall than not. If it says Star Wars people will buy it. Can't even wait for reviews at least. And the game look kinda basic to me.

I wish I could find the EA quote making fun of older guys playing "children's games." They don't care about Star Wars...and they think it's easy milk. And they're right. If not for the loot Box scandal none of the issues of this game would be known to the general public. And EA would have never taken a financial hit. Even though all these bugs and problems would still exist.

Good thinking :)

• They keep dropping content into a broken game.
    Their servers are horrible. Gameplay lag on PS4 is constantly bad, especially in cs.
    Way to much progression for new players.
    Bugs and glitches are at an all time high.
    Matchmaking is bad.
    Empty lobbies.
    Hero Starfighter needs to be reframed like deathmatch , hero ships only.
    Emotes broken
    Not enough things to purchase to generate money to give the game enough developers for upkeep.
    Spawn timers need to go
    Needs new maps and weapons
    Need to be able to pick gender on troops
    I could go on but really, what good is gonna do

Great list mate, :)

• vVrathh wrote: »
    The bugs are what made me leave this game, in anger, halfway into my 2nd CS match after the patch. This appears to be a regular thing after patches lately. DICE adds some gamebreaking bug (or intentionally adds extremely overpowered heroes) and I feel forced to take an extended break. Which also usually means my friend takes an extended break from the game aswell.

Wow! You had a intro, body, and conclusion! Well done, I liked your key points

• Just gonna bump this

The fact games like SuperSmash bros, Overwatch, Splatoon, and Fortnite, all have competitive esports scenes and most kids love them, makes me think it’s the manchildren that’s afraid of a little competition more so than the kids.

I’m not saying make some tactical chess match type game but we should have modes like cargo/dropzone, more extraction maps, private matches, and imo stats. This game is more casual and less balanced that any of the above games imo.

The fact games like SuperSmash bros, Overwatch, Splatoon, and Fortnite, all have competitive esports scenes and most kids love them, makes me think it’s the manchildren that’s afraid of a little competition more so than the kids.

I’m not saying make some tactical chess match type game but we should have modes like cargo/dropzone, more extraction maps, private matches, and imo stats. This game is more casual and less balanced that any of the above games imo.
    I agree that it needs a lot of balancing, but this game should stay casual. It’s Star Wars. Most players are just fans of the shows and movies that want to relive it in a game.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    I don't even know anymore. I guess we should just be happy with what we got. Hope for the best and shoot for the sky but if nothing else accept the reality of it all. This game is a great distraction from an ever apparent and failing US economy among other things.

Real deep—I like it

Deep? How about inaccurate. The economy is really good. Unemployment is down, poverty is down and wages are going up. Don't listen to the talking heads on tv.

Sure I will never have as much money as the super wealthy but so what. They play the same BF2 as us.

If you spend your time complaining about what you don't have and not being thankful for what you do have, you will never have any joy.

BF2 does have issues but overall I am glad to be able to play it
  • Welcome back.
    Angry? No. Disappointed? Yes.
    I’ve stopped playing due to lack of content for the SA and Extraction modes. Some other reasons I’ve stopped playing: Bugs. No new weapons for troopers. Was looking forward to CS only to find it was not worth the wait and is boring. Too much focus on heroes. Lack of balance.
    There are more reasons but essentially this game just isn’t much fun for me to play anymore so I’ve stopped playing it.
    #StarWars-y
  • Welcome back.
    Angry? No. Disappointed? Yes.
    I’ve stopped playing due to lack of content for the SA and Extraction modes. Some other reasons I’ve stopped playing: Bugs. No new weapons for troopers. Was looking forward to CS only to find it was not worth the wait and is boring. Too much focus on heroes. Lack of balance.
    There are more reasons but essentially this game just isn’t much fun for me to play anymore so I’ve stopped playing it.

Good to see you soldier!

• A few questions:

Why are there blaster Heores/Villains in HvV without even the slightest balancing? I mean come on, how can leia, lando etc. compete against a count doku? This is such a joke.

Then I play games with 100k+ battlepoints on the bank and all heroes/villains are either taken or I dont want to play them anyways because they dont have guns, they only have sabres, and I dislike sabres, and I dislike heroes/villains anyways because they are so OP.

Why do heroes/villains have 10+ times more HP than normal troopers.

Why is there no teamattack?

Why is the stinger with "additional damage on enemy heroes/villains" so useless?

Why do you spawn next to enemies?

Why are the clones using white armor? Even some 10-neurone animals use camos, but clones in the future do no understand why camo should be used?

Droids are so hard to see and have smaller hitboxes, there is a balance issue.

Why is the map so intelligent to show in which direction the nearest enemy is? Even if that enemy is below a 2 meters thick concrete floor?

Why do teamates block your bullets and why do I nearly suicide when shooting Ion ammunition, because a teamate rushes litterally through me?

Why is there a lense flair from snipers in a futuristic shooter?

Why can I see enemy class icon above enemy heads?

Why do we only have 4 basic weapons while nearly 2 of them always completely are useless compared to the other two.

Why is there no blaster only HvV? HvV is completely useless for me, because I dislike using sabers and I want to shoot, I bought this game to play a shooter, not a run around and press a button while looking in the generall area of an enemy.

Rey ability is a no-go for a multiplayer game (mind trick), keep that for sabre users only, if they have a sabre, then mind trick should work.

Thirs person makes playing special classes a bad experience, it messes with the aim, changes fov and changes mouse sensitivity.

Crosshairs are extremely bad, as the center dot is "covering" the actual target.

When using a scope, you cant see you HP bar. You can see where the nearest enemy is below a 2 meter concrete wall, but you cant keep track of you HP when using a scope. The guy who had that idea should be forced to play 1000 hours of normal troopers in this game and then be asked again if he might want to change something.

When I throw a grenade/explosive/throwable, and I die in the process of throwing, the throwable just wanishes while I would actually kill the enemy. I do not aggree with that "feature" as it messes with you intelligence. Usually you think: ok I will die, well ok I take him with me, but nope, the game says: you are dead, your ressources have been allocated elsewhere, your grenade is now void, cya in the respawn screen. This is a huge qol problem imo.

• Well—I’m now using an actual picture of myself for my profile :/

• I agree that it needs a lot of balancing, but this game should stay casual. It’s Star Wars. Most players are just fans of the shows and movies that want to relive it in a game.

This is what I'm leaning towards. A little competition, like objective based modes is nice, but e-sports?
    I agree that it needs a lot of balancing, but this game should stay casual. It’s Star Wars. Most players are just fans of the shows and movies that want to relive it in a game.

This is what I'm leaning towards. A little competition, like objective based modes is nice, but e-sports?

I’d love a competitive mode