criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Call me a quitter but...

...with these so called balanced games (e.g. in blast) here is what I consequently do:

Them >90 vs us -10 = I quit
Them >50 vs us -15 = I quit
Them <50 vs us -20 = I quit

So am I quitting on my teammates? Well, I may do but am I really the one to blame? Am I a quitter because I want to spare my time on balanced games and consequently leave the ones falling under the categories above?

Mmmhh, spot on for the haters as I'm ready the take some critics... ;)

Replies

  • lol man, dats xtremely... Hahaha... ;)
  • OcDoc
    1984 posts Member
    DXlolman wrote: »
    MVP?
    tmxfbskfglbd.gif
    Rename yourself...

    Pressing the like button is just not good enough. I think I really needed the laugh... thanks for delivering. That was hilarious!

  • swellinfoil266
    75 posts Member
    edited September 7
    You’re a quitter but...
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    I'm losing so I quit...
  • There is no shame in pulling a "Not with you people", when the first objective hasn't been touched once, and your tickets are down 50.

    Or playing HvV with blueberries and then getting punished because bad picks.

    Or for realizing Matchmaking is nonexistent and a lie.

    Always play with a premade. Suffer less that way.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • I don't mind getting beaten in a game mode (say, losing HvV with the enemy still having a good 10-15+ tickets), as long as it's still enjoyable to play. In cases like you say, where the enemy is invincible, no-one on your team has managed to score any kills, and it's just plain not fun to play because you spend a while running across the map, try to fight someone, and regardless of your skill or tactics, immediately get gangsabered to death? I think quitting sounds reasonable.

    There's "omg this gaem is no fun wer losig i wanna win I QUIT" and there's "this is just not enjoyable in any way, I want to play this game and have a good time".
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Personally I'd much rather have a player on my team who isn't very good rather than some one who quits.

    But of course if you aren't having fun then no one is going to force you to keep playing... But then why does anyone really care about winning or losing? Yes it's nice to win but someone has to lose. If everyone quit when they were losing then imagine how annoying that would be..

    And does it really upset/frustrate anyone that much if at the end of the match you don't get some sort of verification that you and 19 random people are better than 20 other random people?

    Thing is win or lose you still get to run around the death star shooting rebels. That's were the real fun is in this game.

    That's the way I always think about it. I've had some REALLY fun HvV matches in the past where we've lost the match, even by a large majority, but it was still really fun to play. The only time I mind losing in GA is if it's a map I really like (IE, Kamino) and we lose in the first phase, meaning I don't get to enjoy the rest of the battle.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    I never understood how people can claim that having bad team mates is justification for quitting. Because quitters are the worst type of team mate possible. So you're no better than the people that you're complaining about.

    I'd suggest to read my initial post again since I am NOT blaming my teammates here... ;)

    Again, what is it worth for anybody in any lobby to stay in a game where you get steamrolled? I would suggest any player to leave a game because it's just a waste of time - and you know what? It is happening... I'm playing blast most of my time and on certain maps all of a sudden it's 8vs5 or 5vs8 because people just leave. Do I blame 'em? Absolutely not as the prime factor to play any game is having fun. And without a *certain* balance no game is fun, right?
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Or for realizing Matchmaking is nonexistent and a lie.

    I never thought this was allowed to say this loud and clear here... lol ;)
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I'm losing so I quit...

    Long and hard way to go on that steep learning curve young Padawan... ;)
  • Quitting with this matchmaking will likely cost you a lot of pay time. And you're likely to end up in the same lobby.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • MC_XIX
    2081 posts Member
    If a bad player is dragging my team down in HvV, I'd rather that player quit the match than continue to be a liability. Terrible players are worse to have on your team than quitters, because a bad player quitting often leads to a victory, whereas a bad player dragging the team down all match leads to a defeat.

    Just my experience.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Quitting with this matchmaking will likely cost you a lot of pay time. And you're likely to end up in the same lobby.

    You have a point here but switching servers (e.g. US, EU, etc.) does the job to prevent that.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    ...because a bad player quitting often leads to a victory, whereas a bad player dragging the team down all match leads to a defeat.

    True!!

    I had games being behind by almost 20 (my threshold almost reached and I'm talking about blast) and all of a sudden the game turned around. I checked the scoreboard and it was just us top 3 or 4 players left and we were able for great comeback and turnaround.
  • I quit HvV prolly 1 out of 5 games. If I have a team playing correctly but losing I'll hang in there; however, if we're down 35-20 and my team continues to be individually spread out across the map, I'm going bye bye.
  • Matter of fact, I just quit on Jakku.
  • 7f2mzqdyeo4i.gif
    In all seriousness I’m just doing this for the irony of your name and the post.

    But back on topic I usually have bad games on a lot of games but I usually don’t care as we change server rooms every 2 matches.

    Even though I’m above average at this game but generally it’s much better and fun with friends.

    I might post one more before I use the change over to another.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • hatreds_wrath
    404 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Until this saber spam mess is fixed, I have no guilt quitting matches. I just hope they truly nerf the saber tracking and not just revert it to the old slightly less saber tracking.
  • I mean losing a team match with randoms in a video game doesn't bother me, even if I am outperforming my team mates significantly. It's up to you - perhaps you are more competitive than I am, but you may improve playing against the odds. I would rather have bad team mates than a team mate who will quit and leave us outnumbered, but either way I'm just here to blast the brains out of a few storm-troopers and have fun doing so... Wait that sounds crazy doesn't it hahaha
  • Winning or losing does not equal fun for me. I like winning, but I like feeling like I'm having fun more. If I feel like I can have some good battles, win or lose, get a few kills, I'm good.

    But if it's spawn, run to action, get killed in 2.2 seconds, rinse and repeat....no thanks. That's not fun. I don't care about ticket count....I care about feeling like I can move and actually DO something.

    The point above about a bad teammate sabotaging a match is exactly why a penalty for quitting would never work. People run out of bounds and jump off ledges on purpose now in HvV....if there was a penalty for quitting it would be 10 times worse.
  • It does not matter if you loose a long good match as it feels much worse if you win a short bad match.
    ~some important samurai~
  • jonci
    1228 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    There is no shame in pulling a "Not with you people", when the first objective hasn't been touched once, and your tickets are down 50.



    Or for realizing Matchmaking is nonexistent and a lie.

    Agree with this point, all MM does is bump players from around different regions in to game to mix up the servers ( my team all default Germany ping ended up in Virginia the other day, 2 red bars special that one was, confirmed as asked enemy team were from).
    I make a point of asking people as soon as i notice the garbage "your internet connection is likely to affect your game play" message, now.
    HVV, 3 south Africans on opposing side no wonder this game lags to **** And don't get me on the Asian region players connecting in, at that stage its turn off the game.
    It isn't Internet issues its bad MM, bad management and Bad server LAG on EA servers.
    Shoddy and manipulative way to allow them to close regional servers and claim games are quicker to join and fuller.
  • Mmhh, one observation regarding "matchmaking": I tend to call it a proof strong indicator about "matchmaking" but yesterday in blast playing 7vs7 I was the leading man in our team (6k and the next best had 4,5k in points). So we fell behind by 20 tickets and I quitted. Immediately did a search for a new blast game and... - you guessed it, right?

    Yeah, same lobby but got inserted in the opponent team (which led by +30 tickets at that time and played 7vs8 as my old slot was filled by some random other player).

    And now you do the maths... :s
  • Oh btw, that happened on the east coast server at around 7 pm ET - which I would consider prime time.
  • I try to finish the match and see how the next teams shake out. If it is basically a rematch, I exit before the match starts.

    If they could match pre-made vs pre-made, a lot of these blow outs would disappear.
  • Instead of quitting, you just respawn or go out of bounds to end it faster.
  • Instead of quitting, you just respawn or go out of bounds to end it faster.

    I'm talking about blast ;)
  • IamMVP3 wrote: »
    Instead of quitting, you just respawn or go out of bounds to end it faster.

    I'm talking about blast ;)

    Does that not work in blast?
Sign In or Register to comment.