criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Request for Hailfire Droidtank

Illyrian_King
30 posts Member
edited September 13
If I could chose 1 reinforcement to be added, it would be the Hailfire Droidtank.

This beauty is so iconic for the droids and my favourite vehicle of classic Battlefront (2004/2005).
After the addition of Clone Commandos the droids have 1 reinforcement less, and this missing reinforcment is a second tank type ...
I don't know if or how often this has been requested, but hopefully this gets some attention ;)

HP: 700
Primary Fire: 30 Rockets per magazine (hold button to keep firing) / Rockets hit the exact coordinate where the crosshair is on at the moment of triggering (not homing missles), but always fly in weird trajectories (sometimes more straight, sometimes loop high in the air and similar patterns)
Secondary Fire: Zoom

Right Ability: Replaces the Zoom (Secondary Fire) with the boarded laser blaster.

Middle Abilty: Imobilzes the Tank for reload. Once all 30 rockets are gone, a drone delivers new ones (this is lore friendly).

Left Ability: Large environment Scanner comparable to the Arc Trooper.

This way the Hailfire Droid Tank would be exactly what it is in the movie. A highly mobile, more fragile (700HP) hit and run vehicle. High firepower but highly vulnerable during reloads.

Please please please make it happen ^^
Post edited by Illyrian_King on

Replies

• Cyro
    323 posts Member
    where would you drive it? it would require large flat areas... i dont see any possibilities to use it on any existing map at this point. :/
  • Cyro wrote: »
    where would you drive it? it would require large flat areas... i dont see any possibilities to use it on any existing map at this point. :/

I think on Geonosis in GA it could work pretty well as a counter to the AT-TE to balance the second and third phase a bit more.
    Or perhaps they could be the objective on the third phase. Put 3 of them on the map and let them work like the AT-TE.
  • Illyrian_King
    30 posts Member
    edited September 7
    On Geonosis they would work pretty well, Kashyyyk also has quiet some large plane spots and broad paths. Naboo would be difficult, while Felucia in the Clone Series offers many wider spaces.

Kamino doesn't feature tanks at all ... and that's pretty much about it with the clone maps. For now at least ...
  • I think Geinosis and Kashyyyk
  • Most perhabs ... but Star Wars Battlefront in general lacks in armoured vehicles
  • I think if they make the spider droid playable in every map (except for kamino) it can be the counter for the at-rt, and they would work so perfect, also I think the droids need another vehicle in geonosis because the aat is so slow to face all at-te's, so they can also make playable for that planet the homing spider droid.
    snq8uag68ujo.jpeg
  • The problem with the mini spider tank is, that it is not fast. It has it's main turret and relatively on slow legs ...
    For bigger maps the Hailfire Tank could play a very interesting role.
    Btw I just saw a video, where the devs said that Felucia will "cater a lot to vehicle gameplay" (source: )

Perfect opportunity to introduce more vehicles.
  • Btw just added a detailed describtion how i imagine it.
  • Only if they will add large scales maps, maximum players of 64 or higher and ability to destroy structures
  • I would rather have the Octuptarra Tri droid. They may be kinda slow but they can turn their head at a 360 degree angle so they can look and fire in all directions, there is also a smaller version of the Tri droid and instead of the strong long blasters that the bigger Tri droid has the smaller ones have chain-fed ordnance launchers which are missiles they are kinda like the hail fire droids missiles, we see the smaller Tri droids use the ordnance launchers in the third movie and they take out a republic tank with them at the third battle of mygeeto, and i would think that the hail fire droids would be too big to fit and role around on any map for that matter. I would want the Tri droid anyway, cause the Tri droids are in so many great battles... the third battle of mygeeto, utapa, and the bigger older models of the Tri droids were at the another battle in the clone wars show, the hail fire droids were only in one battle, which was the battle of geonosis they were never seen in the clone wars show or in the third movie so.
  • Illyrian_King
    30 posts Member
    edited September 13
    I watched some videos about the tri droid ... that thing is pretty big and unflexible. More fitting for an artilery unit like the imperial walker. Even the smaller tri droids.

For another tank unit (which the droids have 1 less) the Hailfire tank is definitely most fitting. Remeber there are only 5 Clone Wars maps (with Felucia). Kamino doesn't feature tanks at all. But Geonosis and Kashyyyk are big enough for Hailfire and Felucia most likely even bigger, since the devs said it will "cater a lot towards vehicle play, with small side paths for troopers". With that in mind there are 3 out of 4 tank featuring maps, that are fitting very well for a faster more agile tank.
  • The hail fire droid is still too big, there is too many things in the maps that would get in its way with those big wheels. The smaller Tri droid is not that big, the hail fire droid is way bigger, if they don't add in either of those then how about the Crab droid, their pretty fast like.
  • I watched some videos about the tri droid ... that thing is pretty big and unflexible. More fitting for an artilery unit like the imperial walker. Even the smaller tri droids.

For another tank unit (which the droids have 1 less) the Hailfire tank is definitely most fitting. Remeber there are only 5 Clone Wars maps (with Felucia). Kamino doesn't feature tanks at all. But Geonosis and Kashyyyk are big enough for Hailfire and Felucia most likely even bigger, since the devs said it will "cater a lot towards vehicle play, with small side paths for troopers". With that in mind there are 3 out of 4 tank featuring maps, that are fitting very well for a faster more agile tank.

This sounds cool and all, but the problem is that it would be way too big, and we would all obviously know that i would be fast, too big and too fast don't mix on maps, in CS most especially, cause CS has way more bigger things in the way, like rocks and other things that would get in the way, and there is no other smaller version of the hail fire droid that we know of, cause the hail fire droid was never in the clone wars show or any other movie besides the second movie, so i would rather have other things, as reinforcements. There is a list of other CIS reinforcements to add, such as... Homing spider droid, dwarf spider droid, the smaller version of the Tri droid and the smaller version of the crab droid which those two are both in the third movie at the battle of utapau and the third battle of mygeeto. Don't get me wrong, it would be fun to be the hail fire droid, but it would just be way too big, that's all i'm saying.
  • Illyrian_King
    30 posts Member
    edited September 14
    I really get your point, but if you look at the lore material the Hailfire Droid's max speed is just 45km/h ... which is not such a great deal to be honest. Just regarding that the AAT has a max speed of 55km/h, eventhough ingame they are/feel much slower. Hailfire Droids are indeed higher, but made to be all-terrain viable. Means it can climb over rocks with one wheel higher if needed. I don't see the problem. Tri Droids in the other hand are bad at moving around. They are too slow. It's not fun. I could just imagine them as an artillery like the Imperial Walker.

As said Geonosis, Kashyyyk and Felucia are good to go for a vehicle like the Hailfire. Also further looking at the lore, they had many appearances such as the attack on Kashyyyk, which the Wookies later repaired and used for themselves against the Empire. They aren't just pure Geonosis.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    I watched some videos about the tri droid ... that thing is pretty big and unflexible. More fitting for an artilery unit like the imperial walker. Even the smaller tri droids.

This sounds cool and all, but the problem is that it would be way too big, and we would all obviously know that i would be fast, too big and too fast don't mix on maps, in CS most especially, cause CS has way more bigger things in the way, like rocks and other things that would get in the way, and there is no other smaller version of the hail fire droid that we know of, cause the hail fire droid was never in the clone wars show or any other movie besides the second movie, so i would rather have other things, as reinforcements. There is a list of other CIS reinforcements to add, such as... Homing spider droid, dwarf spider droid, the smaller version of the Tri droid and the smaller version of the crab droid which those two are both in the third movie at the battle of utapau and the third battle of mygeeto. Don't get me wrong, it would be fun to be the hail fire droid, but it would just be way too big, that's all i'm saying.

How about a map specific tank? It could be the Homing Spider Droid for Geonosis (and perhaps Naboo) and the Snail Droid for Kashyyyk and Felucia.
    On the other hand the Octuptarra Droid or the Dwarf Spider Droid would be good counters for the AT-RT.
  • How about a map specific tank? It could be the Homing Spider Droid for Geonosis (and perhaps Naboo) and the Snail Droid for Kashyyyk and Felucia.
    On the other hand the Octuptarra Droid or the Dwarf Spider Droid would be good counters for the AT-RT.

Well who wouldn't like more tanks, but you know how long it takes to do just one new tank or reinforcment in general ^^

The devs would most probably never do this, so we can just argue which one would be the best to add next. Also again saying that, the Hailfire fought on many planets (just Kashyyyk as a famous example).
  • Its just that i would rather see the hail fire droids in a show or another movie before they're added, just to see and learn more about them and how they work, if only they were in the clone wars show, i never understood why they weren't in the clone wars show. They would be pretty fun though, they would be kinda like the droidekas, i did noticed that there are hail fire droids on the CS geonosis map, though they're destroyed you can't really look at them fully they do look pretty good even though they're destroyed, and they are in the blue grey/white CIS appearance, instead of the regular brown, on the geonosis CS map. Their CIS appearance could be a skin, and the regular brown version could be the default skin.
  • How about a map specific tank? It could be the Homing Spider Droid for Geonosis (and perhaps Naboo) and the Snail Droid for Kashyyyk and Felucia.

Well who wouldn't like more tanks, but you know how long it takes to do just one new tank or reinforcment in general ^^

The devs would most probably never do this, so we can just argue which one would be the best to add next. Also again saying that, the Hailfire fought on many planets (just Kashyyyk as a famous example).

I don't remember the hailfire droids being at the battle of Kashyyyk, were they? All i remember seeing is the droid gunship, those other tanks that look kinda like snails, that's all i remember seeing.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Its just that i would rather see the hail fire droids in a show or another movie before they're added, just to see and learn more about them and how they work, if only they were in the clone wars show, i never understood why they weren't in the clone wars show. They would be pretty fun though, they would be kinda like the droidekas, i did noticed that there are hail fire droids on the CS geonosis map, though they're destroyed you can't really look at them fully they do look pretty good even though they're destroyed, and they are in the blue grey/white CIS appearance, instead of the regular brown, on the geonosis CS map. Their CIS appearance could be a skin, and the regular brown version could be the default skin.

I know about which one you are talking ^^
    The one with the broken wheel ... great model just a bit dusty. But looking at the size it's nothing to worry about, if they keep the same dimensions. I am actually suprised, that they never made an appearance in the Clone Series, since their is A LOT of lore material about them.
    I just remember how much I liked them in the Classic Star Wars Battlefront (2004/2005). They were always my favourite vehicle, and I would really like to have them polished with good graphics in our current Battlefront ... gives my a lot of childhood flashbacks ;b

Grievous15 wrote: »
    I don't remember the hailfire droids being at the battle of Kashyyyk, were they? All i remember seeing is the droid gunship, those other tanks that look kinda like snails, that's all i remember seeing.

Well not in the movie, but according to the lore Hailfires appeared in huge numbers on Kashyyyk (there are also Youtube videos summing up the most important stuff), and the Wookies repaired and used them later against the Empire.
  • Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member

Hailfire Droids? Yes please....😁😎👍🏼

But we would need a Clone Counter, how about this:
    A modified version of the TX- 130 series Saber Tank that has a constant laser beam mounted on top like the L.A.A.T.

Ooooooooor here's a thought, tweak DICE's TX-130 to allow a second player to jump in too and mount the constant laser beam in the center, while the driver fires missiles and dual blaster fire. That will help fight off the very fast moving Hailfire tank.
    “There is always hope.”