criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

I understand everyone wants to play as heroes, but...

PrinceAladdin
2 posts Member
edited September 7
I am new to the forums, so apologies in advance if this is a repeated topic.

I believe that there should be a system in place to lock heroes to high-performing, objective-centered players. Too many times have I been in Capital Supremacy matches where we are getting obliterated because we are stuck with a player who camps away from the front-lines with their hero so they don't die, but then the rest of the team suffers because we have no heroes helping push the line. This is especially unacceptable in the ship-phase of Capital Supremacy because it is almost impossible to push through the hallways to the reactors if your hero allies are camping at the back of those hallways, waiting for rouge opponents to try to flank us and then killing those players.

For example, today we had Anikan and Obi sitting in the back of the hallway doing nothing but blocking while the rest of the team got obliterated trying to advance to the reactors. Every time we would manage to push to the reactor room, dooku and maul would be waiting for us. Without our own hero support, we would get wrecked. We started the phase needing to take out 20% of the reactor, and we ended the 5 minutes needing to take out 20% of the reactor. My team's hero's never died (because they camped the back), so no one else ever got a chance to play as a hero.

Coming from an objective-focused player, this issue makes the game frustrating and almost unplayable at times. I'd like to hear other player's thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Replies

• why should the devs make a system that would make it impossible for some weaker players to ever play a hero? i think this system is really fair as it is. no need to implemet unnessecarily complicated requirements for a hero.
  • PrinceAladdin
    2 posts Member
    edited September 8
    Cyro wrote: »
    why should the devs make a system that would make it impossible for some weaker players to ever play a hero?

When the success or failure of each team in this game mode is heavily dependent on the appropriate use of the hero classes, excessively weak players should not be able to sink the game for everyone else. Am I saying average or mediocre players should not be allowed to play heroes? No. But very poor players should not be allowed to, given the weight heroes hold.

At the very least, there should be a matchmaking system based on player ranks, K/D, Battle-points per game, time spent pursuing the objective, or something else. Weaker players or hero-hogs should not ruin the game for serious players.
    i think this system is really fair as it is. no need to implemet unnessecarily complicated requirements for a hero.

It is a bad system right now. When I am on a 12-player kill streak on my first life, pushing up the lines and capturing bases, racking up battle-points, I don't want to have to kill myself to select a hero. By the time I die and get to the class-selection screen, the heroes are often already taken by other players. Why should I should have to kill myself to get the first hero in this current system?

I could give you a list of at least 5 other MAJOR issues with the current system.
  • you dont have to kill yourself man, you ANTI-Teamplayer! -.- just keep fighting until youre dead and hope for an open hero slot. And if theres none...just respawn and hope for an open slot next time! you have zero patience, right?
  • Cyro wrote: »
    you dont have to kill yourself man, you ANTI-Teamplayer! -.- just keep fighting until youre dead and hope for an open hero slot. And if theres none...just respawn and hope for an open slot next time! you have zero patience, right?

It's not about patience, its about winning. I tend to perform better as a hero than the average person, so getting that first hero is a good way to help my team.

Sitting back and hoping for a hero to be there 5 minutes into a match is pretty much a guarantee the hero slots will be taken.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    you dont have to kill yourself man, you ANTI-Teamplayer! -.- just keep fighting until youre dead and hope for an open hero slot. And if theres none...just respawn and hope for an open slot next time! you have zero patience, right?

We all know a huge chunk of the playerbase doesn't do this. If you look at who is spawned in, there are times there are 5ish just sitting on the spawn screen spamming the button hoping a hero dies.

The final ga phase I wont even spawn in without one anymore, no need to just be there to be farmed.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I missed this discussion when I started a new topic along these lines. I'll repeat my suggestion:

How frustrating is it to accumulate enough battle points to jump into Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy with your favorite hero or villain, but never get the opportunity? More often than not, it's because some deadbeat hero hogs have been timidly lurking in the shadows, doing nothing to help their team for the last 5 minutes.

I've played too many games where I've acquired enough battle points to spawn in as a hero several times over and never find them available. Meanwhile, I observe our team's hero campers doing everything to avoid getting killed and nothing to advance the objective. This is easily correctable.

Put heroes in GA and CS on an arcade-style timer with scoring events adding to the remaining time. This way, effective hero players can hang on to them longer and ineffective ones will have to share after they time-out.

It's fair and simple, would give more players a shot at swinging that lightsaber and encourage better team play.

Give players an initial 1:00 on the clock and let them earn extra time with the hero by playing the objective or getting kills.