criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What did you disliked the most about battlefront 2015

Prev1
I hated the token system, OP heroes and a crappy villain selection, and the custom loadouts.

Replies

• Personal Shield. So dumb.

EE-4 was also pretty stupid.
  • I didnt feel the jump pack was that big an issue, granted i liked playing on the dlc which offered lots of cqc environments where the pack wasnt useful, but even on WA etc its wasnt that big a deal compared to stuff like the empire having the at-st and the rebels not having a decent counter to it
  • the 50 Euro season Pass which contained content that was already in the Game but just locked away.
  • It being OT only, jetpack and bacta bomb, tokens.
  • Bacta bomb and Bodyguard. No matter how good you are, you can’t beat a lvl 3 bodyguard in a fair 1v1.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Raices
    1424 posts Member
    No Ben Kenobi
    Jet/Jump Packs
    Bacta Bomb
    Token System
    Hip fire was op
  • Batman20
    2102 posts Member
    edited September 8
    I'd go with the token system as well I was terrible at finding the hero tokens and everyone would beat me to them. Meaning I could go ages without playing as a hero
    Post edited by Batman20 on
  • The fact that Bossk was the only one who had health on kill regeneration in that game.

Some people went on insane killstreaks with him, one even as far as 256.

I also hated when he camped our spawns on the Death Star DLC.
  • SQJACKIE
    1012 posts Member
    edited September 8
    Shields, pulse cannon campers (campers at all) stupidly good weapons, bad and few servers in my region, having to buy a season pass for the DEATH STAR AND BESPIN IN A STAR WARS GAME, not being able to change my cards during a match, blaster heroes camping, hero power up camping, useless dodges and bad gameplay
    hnh3s2ls5rlb.gif

• DarthJ
    6757 posts Member
    Token system by far
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • There was some stupid things in that game. Tokens were dumb but at least they had a LOT more content associated with them. Turrets, Orbital Strikes, Rocket Launchers etc. I disliked the bubble everyone used but at least they patched it to not be able to shoot through it. Bacta was dumb but then everyone used it. Heroes had no HOK but were actually viable and weren't glass cannons like the current game. Those pick-ups were not fun for heroes, nor for things like the AT-AT and AT-ST, everyone rushed for those because they were actually worth it and powerful. The current game not so much. Ion this and that and your AT-ST is dead in seconds. The current AT-AT is a pea-shooter, has a broken orbital strike, has wonky aiming, useless secondary cannons that have seemingly no splash damage etc.

There's a lot of things BF2015 got wrong, like paid content splitting up the playerbase but imo that game was a lot better in more areas than the current game is better in others. I hated bacta-jetpack-rocket-bubble but you learned to counter it. Customization and gunplay was way better and even though it was OT only, the maps felt better, it seemed like the modes were more fun and it didn't get stale. I could play that game for hours straight and not get bored because there was modes that would refresh my desire to play if WA got old. I could go to HvV or ANOTHER hero mode. I could go back to a large scale mode without the AT-AT's. I could do to a mode that didn't have heroes. I could go and even play blast and have fun and I don't like that because there's not much strategy or team play to it. It also had CARGO and Drop Zone, more objective play modes that weren't large scale. That was BF2015. BFII has none of that. CS is a redo of GA with a secondary stage limited to one era. Imo, the current game isn't nearly as fun and I wish BF2015 was just as populated with some updates to it instead of this new game.
  • The jet packs provided more fun than I've ever had in this game. riding the Walker down Sollust Ave as war broke forth around me was glorious.

Also...Dennis said it was to help with long runs on large maps. FWIW.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Jetpacks everywhere!!
    Trooper roll glitch
    Shield
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Jetpacks

1bfioawlu399.png
  • What’s not to like, I personally loved the jet packs and speed of that game. The only things I didn’t like were rolling in place and not enough continued support. This current game feels like the amateur makeover version.
  • I definitely wasn't a fan of the last game.
    1. Everyone having Jetpacks
    2. Token system
    3. HvV. I hated that I logged into a Heroes vs Villains match and I still had to play as a trooper.
    4. Lack of trooper classes.
    5. Only OT
  • Jetpack and bacta spam. (Although I do miss zipping through the air without a care...)

OP heroes and villains.

The token system( I hated getting the chance at a hero or essentially a power up being stolen by other people...)

The bubble shields all over the place...

The DLC’s I had to shell out more money to play.

Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    The jet packs provided more fun than I've ever had in this game. riding the Walker down Sollust Ave as war broke forth around me was glorious.

Also...Dennis said it was to help with long runs on large maps. FWIW.

As much as jetpack spam was annoying, I do miss rocketing around the Battlefront...

Activate jumpack and... WEEEEEEEEE!!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • The stupid token system. Anyone could get the hero or reinforcement as long as they got to it first. People would learn where they are and camp for them. It was the same for SFA2015. Whoever got to the hero token first could get Lukes Xwing and go 70-0. BP system is much better.
  • Lando's power blast
  • Load times waited about 10 minutes to join a match from finding one.

This game downed that to 10-15 seconds.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    edited September 9
    No single-player story missions like Battlefront II's campaign

Too much relying on only movies for content

Bad starfighter mechanics

Not appealing to the overall Star Wars community but targeting more Battlefield, Call of Duty, similar competitive e-sports-like gamers

Heroes vs Villains seems more like slice and dice

Bad choice of heroes for DLC when there are better choices to choose from beyond the films in the OT era

Lacking Twilight Company tie-in content (Apparently, it was rumored over the course of the development of Battlefront 2015, DICE developed a story to tie-in with Twilight Company as a campaign and then when DICE abandoned the storyline, the developers gave the story to Del Rey Books, the publisher, who then passed it on to the author to make the novel longer. We do know DICE did abandon a campaign story but it's unconfirmed if it was the continuation of Twilight Company or not. )

Hard to make progress for Hutt Contracts when you could easily be eliminated by other players once you started a match even before moving.

Specialized troopers were skins, not their own categories like reinforcements. The closest to reinforcements was probably the Hero Bodyguards but when they're not assisting heroes, it's just skins with no special abilities.

The Battle of Jakku wasn't even having any single-player content, some story would've been great alongside multiplayer battle maps.

DLC-specific Skirmish content wasn't made for those who specifically had the Season Pass.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    People complain about token camping but um how is that different now?

Lol.

How is not different?
  • It’s actually worse now imo. Hero mains now camp the spawn screens and imo that’s a lot worse that a few scrubs camping a temporary token.
  • It’s actually worse now imo. Hero mains now camp the spawn screens and imo that’s a lot worse that a few scrubs camping a temporary token.

Oh yeah I guess that's what @tankertoad was talking about. Yeah spawn screen campers are annoying but at least they have to earn 4k BP before they can pick the hero. In 2015 you didnt need a single kill to get one. But yeah that said, heroes should cost 6k.
  • Fragmenting the already low user base by restricting dlc maps. Seems like matches were far and few between and always searching for enough players.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2762 posts Member
    edited September 9
    It’s actually worse now imo. Hero mains now camp the spawn screens and imo that’s a lot worse that a few scrubs camping a temporary token.

Oh yeah I guess that's what @tankertoad was talking about. Yeah spawn screen campers are annoying but at least they have to earn 4k BP before they can pick the hero. In 2015 you didnt need a single kill to get one. But yeah that said, heroes should cost 6k.

Yeah any campers are bad, and in both games lol. I also thought the last game should have made the dlc maps available for everyone, especially after they stopped working it. I know it’s on salle and maybe even free at times, but I think they’re still selling it today which is kinda crazy.

Yeah any campers are bad, and in both games lol. I also thought the last game should have made the dlc maps available for everyone, especially after they stopped working it. I know it’s on salle and maybe even free at times, but I think they’re still selling it today which is kinda crazy.

Yeah that's crazy. I'm glad the DLC is free in this one but if they could guarantee a steady stream of bug free DLC, I'd be happy to buy a season pass. Paying for DLC that works> free DLC littered with bugs. 2015 also had insanely long load times. That alone made me not want to play sometimes LOL.
  • funny, just played it again due to hero spam in EA SWBF2. already quit again. not fun either: jetpacks, bacta bomb, explosive shot, wallhack and shock grenade. players being able to exploit hero token spawns. dlc basically being separate games. i like the simpler gameplay. EA SWBF2 has become too complicated, if you will, for it's own good. hence all the technical issues DICE can't get under control and the horrible balancing issues. i also prefer EA SWBF maps having horizons. all in all i find EA SWBF to be more Star Wars...y, but the above mentioned cheesy star cards spoiled the fun very quickly for me. i get much better results playing a trooper with jetpack, DH-17 (?), explosive shot and bacta bomb than playing as more immersive trooper with movie equipment against that cheesy hand. also, laugh, 'nooo' and scream emotes at the start of a match make my ears bleed. alas, i think, apart from graphics and sound, both games suffer tremendously from very, very bad dev choices that shatter what could have been fun arcade shooters.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • I didnt feel the jump pack was that big an issue, granted i liked playing on the dlc which offered lots of cqc environments where the pack wasnt useful, but even on WA etc its wasnt that big a deal compared to stuff like the empire having the at-st and the rebels not having a decent counter to it

the at-st doesn't last very long really.
  • The stupid token system. Anyone could get the hero or reinforcement as long as they got to it first. People would learn where they are and camp for them. It was the same for SFA2015. Whoever got to the hero token first could get Lukes Xwing and go 70-0. BP system is much better.

BP system is a disaster. an absolute abomination, considering the initial purpose.
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    Secondary fire spammers.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• What I hated in Bf2015:

- the jump pack spam (this was probably the worst mechanic in the whole game. Glad we now have classes)
    - token system
    - SP "missions" was just 4 maps and never eypanded up on (talking about the small maps not skirmish here)
    - that you had to collect "coins" in the 4 SP "missions". Would have prefered a kill count system like Bf2 Arcade
    - that the DLC content was not available in skirmish (would have loved to play Scarif and Bespin or the Death Star trench run offline)
    - that you couldn't change your skin in skirmish (rebel skins were picked randomly, imperial skin was just regular Stormtrooper. Would have loved to use all unlocked MP skins, like officers, scouts, Navy Troopers, etc)
    - there were not enough starfighter maps in space available
    - when the game launched it was barebones (regarding maps). There should have been at least 2 more additional large and 2 or 3 more small maps at launch.
  • Franchaud wrote: »
    I didnt feel the jump pack was that big an issue, granted i liked playing on the dlc which offered lots of cqc environments where the pack wasnt useful, but even on WA etc its wasnt that big a deal compared to stuff like the empire having the at-st and the rebels not having a decent counter to it

the at-st doesn't last very long really.

No but it was an absolutely devastating machine given the maps it was in,
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited September 10
    OP said, "What did you dislike the most about battlefront 2015?"

My answer...They left it an incomplete game:
    (1.) No ability to play the DLC maps Offline in Skirmish "Walker Assault" (with the modem off) or in any other mode Offline for that matter.

Like:
    Sorosuub Pipeline Sullust (from Extraction and Heroes vs Villains mode)

Sorosuub Refinery Sullust (from Extraction mode)

Carbon Freezing Chamber Bespin (from Sabotage mode)

Bespin City (from Walker Assault and Sabotage mode)

Deathstar (from Battle Station mode)

Scarif [any of those maps, space or ground (from Infiltration mode)]

Those not being available Offline were my biggest pet pieves.

(2.) No ability to changes Multiplayer Hand Offline in Skirmish "Walker Assault" (with the modem off).
    (3.) Zero Starfighter Skirmish maps in space; all the DLC maps not included Offline (with the modem off).

P.S.- Runner ups for what did you dislike the most about battlefront 2015?"
    (4.) No ability to changes skins Offline in Skirmish "Walker Assault" (with the modem off).
    (5.) No neutral or complimentary interfering factions: Gamorian Guards, Jawas, Sand People, etc..
    (6.) No sarlac that would actually grab and swallow you in the desert sand. P.S.- I'm not sure if this was Disney's bad decision or not. But this bad decision was made yet again in the sequel with the dead Rancor instead of alive and able to grab and swallow you in the pit of Jabba's palace, it was just dead. Who cares about why is it still alive?
    (7.) No wampa hunt mode.
    (8.) No vehicles sitting on the ground to just leap into.
    (9.) No taun tauns you could ride.
    (10.) No Conquest mode.
    (11.) No Galactic Conquest mode.
    (12.) The Vehicle Turret half the dang time will NOT fire (it has to be in just the right spot at just the right distance and at just the right angle), sooooo dang annoying.
    (13.) The Pulse Sniper Rifle, soooo annoying, the fact that when it builds up the charge it fires the bolt whether your ready to take the shot or not.
    (14.) Orbital Strike 1/3 of the dang time when you want to lock on to the AT-AT it would be a red circle instead of blue. So you fight to get it blue and ether get shot trying too or you do not actually hit the AT-AT because it only would go blue slightly off the mark. It was waaaaay frustrating. Honestly why have a red circle at all? I mean if you miss you miss, it should always be blue ready to send down fire, it made no sense, just saying, I'm not trying to be mean or nothing. By the way DICE Orbital Strike in SWBF2 is waaaaaay better, good for you.

Yeah I think that's it...

I disliked that they quit working on that game and went to this one.

Thank you, at least finish it. 👍🏼
    No offline support for battlefront 2015's dlcs ! Sooo sad...
    Actually, all that incredible content is lost. I can't find lobbies or maybe twice a year...
    The Best maps and game modes aren't playable anymore.

Miss you all... Carbonite Chamber, Death Star assault with final trench run etc...

I told ya DICE...ah but no one listens to me. 😐
    Bf2015 needs a last update to get some playable dlc. Walker Assault Bespin, Scariff, Starfighter Assault Deathstar, Bespin, Scariff for the Offline players so its not wasted. Getting the dlc offline for bf2015 was the only reason I joined the forum. Skin selection in skirmish would also be dynamite. But i want those maps more.
    lowell wrote: »
    DLC-specific Skirmish content wasn't made for those who specifically had the Season Pass.
    ross42899 wrote: »
    What I hated in Bf2015:

- SP "Missions" was just 4 maps and never expanded upon (I'm talking about the small maps not Skirmish here)
    - that the DLC content was not available in Skirmish (would have loved to play Scarif and Bespin or the Death Star trench run offline)
    - that you couldn't change your skin in Skirmish (rebel skins were picked randomly, imperial skin was just regular Stormtrooper. Would have loved to use all unlocked MP skins, like officers, scouts, Navy Troopers, etc)
    - there were not enough Starfighter maps in space available
    Clearly the people have spoken, the game was left unfinished. Please DICE give us the DLC maps for Skirmish we love them so much.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Getting the dlc offline for bf2015 was the only reason I joined the forum. Skin selection in skirmish would also be dynamite. But i want those maps more.
  • Thhe fact that they just randomly stopped updating the offline modes. Plenty of maps could've been used for Survival and Skirmish (Not just the DLC ones, some small vanilla maps too). All those incredible maps now unplayable and lost.

DLC for skirmish would've been amazing.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited September 9
    The fact that they just randomly stopped updating the offline modes. Plenty of maps could've been used for Survival and Skirmish (Not just the DLC ones, some small vanilla maps too). All those incredible maps now unplayable and lost.

DLC for skirmish would've been amazing.

So true, I miss the small vanilla map for Cargo (Capture the Flag) on Tatooine 9:32-25:36...

I also miss the Hero Hunt map Sulphur Fields on Sullust, another great small map.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • They moved this to the battlefront15 section. Now this thread will not be addressed and slowly fade away. They have to make the dlc easier to access. Reduce number of players required, make it free, add it offline. Something.
  • They moved this to the battlefront15 section. Now this thread will not be addressed and slowly fade away. They have to make the dlc easier to access. Reduce number of players required, make it free, add it offline. Something.

They want us to forget this game, but it ain’t gonna happen
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited September 10
    They moved this to the battlefront15 section. Now this thread will not be addressed and slowly fade away. They have to make the dlc easier to access. Reduce number of players required, make it free, add it offline. Something.
    Possibly, it may fade away. Regarding your request, it's a matter of convincing Disney and EA.
    They want us to forget this game, but it ain’t gonna happen
    I think they've just moved on. They seem real commited to the sequel though.

I just played like 10 matches of Online SWBF 2015 "Walker Assault", it was fun despite the issues it has. I can't help but think how much of a phenomenon this game would be if they addressed many of it's issues. I keep praying that some rich guy or gal will will set up a contract with EA, DICE and Disney, that if they will finish SWBF 2015 and give us the DLC maps Offline that he or she will hand them a check for 1 million dollars. Money talks...🙂

To those who posted against Jump Packs:
    (1.) First off some of those maps were huge. Jump Packs eased being able to get around.
    (2.) Plus Jump Packs were great for sneaking up on people from behind, especially if you had the scatter gun (laser shotgun).
    (3.) Jump Packs allowed snipers to get to high perches, you CAN'T do that in the sequel, which is truly a bummer.

To those who posted against Shields:
    I lost track of how many times the shield saved me from a sniper on Jukku or Tattooine. I just don't get the hate on that one at all. 🥺
    “There is always hope.”
  • Played a private match of starfighter assault last night on dlc maps. They had bots, so at the very least the starfighter assault maps could be released for offline.