criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What did you disliked the most about battlefront 2015

2Next

Replies

• bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    They moved this to the battlefront15 section. Now this thread will not be addressed and slowly fade away. They have to make the dlc easier to access. Reduce number of players required, make it free, add it offline. Something.
    Possibly, it may fade away. Regarding your request, it's a matter of convincing Disney and EA.
    They want us to forget this game, but it ain’t gonna happen
    I think they've just moved on. They seem real commited to the sequel though.

I just played like 10 matches of Online SWBF 2015 "Walker Assault", it was fun despite the issues it has. I can't help but think how much of a phenomenon this game would be if they addressed many of it's issues. I keep praying that some rich guy or gal will will set up a contract with EA, DICE and Disney, that if they will finish SWBF 2015 and give us the DLC maps Offline that he or she will hand them a check for 1 million dollars. Money talks...🙂

To those who posted against Jump Packs:
    (1.) First off some of those maps were huge. Jump Packs eased being able to get around.
    (2.) Plus Jump Packs were great for sneaking up on people from behind, especially if you had the scatter gun (laser shotgun).
    (3.) Jump Packs allowed snipers to get to high perches, you CAN'T do that in the sequel, which is truly a bummer.

To those who posted against Shields:
    I lost track of how many times the shield saved me from a sniper on Jukku or Tattooine. I just don't get the hate on that one at all. 🥺

For those against jump packs, it was so much fun shooting jump packers out of the sky, watching them whip around and crash. It was especially satisfying with the cycler rifle.

I loved blasting away people who would pop the shield and emote with the scatter gun.
    Always followed by a laugh emote for both
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    They moved this to the battlefront15 section. Now this thread will not be addressed and slowly fade away. They have to make the dlc easier to access. Reduce number of players required, make it free, add it offline. Something.
    Possibly, it may fade away. Regarding your request, it's a matter of convincing Disney and EA.
    They want us to forget this game, but it ain’t gonna happen
    I think they've just moved on. They seem real commited to the sequel though.

I just played like 10 matches of Online SWBF 2015 "Walker Assault", it was fun despite the issues it has. I can't help but think how much of a phenomenon this game would be if they addressed many of it's issues. I keep praying that some rich guy or gal will will set up a contract with EA, DICE and Disney, that if they will finish SWBF 2015 and give us the DLC maps Offline that he or she will hand them a check for 1 million dollars. Money talks...🙂

To those who posted against Jump Packs:
    (1.) First off some of those maps were huge. Jump Packs eased being able to get around.
    (2.) Plus Jump Packs were great for sneaking up on people from behind, especially if you had the scatter gun (laser shotgun).
    (3.) Jump Packs allowed snipers to get to high perches, you CAN'T do that in the sequel, which is truly a bummer.

To those who posted against Shields:
    I lost track of how many times the shield saved me from a sniper on Jukku or Tattooine. I just don't get the hate on that one at all. 🥺

For those against jump packs, it was so much fun shooting jump packers out of the sky, watching them whip around and crash. It was especially satisfying with the cycler rifle.

I loved blasting away people who would pop the shield and emote with the scatter gun.
    Always followed by a laugh emote for both

So that was you ? Errrrrrrrrrr hulk smash. :# I'm totally messin' with you.
    “There is always hope.”
  • -Bossk. Don't get me wrong I like the character and his abilities... but he was op for sure, also he can spam grenades from a normal rifle (?) wtf no logic.
    -Lando. One charged shot with him and say goodbye to half of the enemy hero's health, another op hero.
    -Luke. I like his design and abilities too but depending on the map/gamemode he can be overwhelming and annoying as enemy.
    -No server browser and awful matchmaking-lobby system between gamemodes and dlcs = dead game with empty cool gamemodes that everyone wants to play.
    -You need 10/16/20 players to start matches.
    -No chat to talk to other players while all of you are waiting in those lobbies for more people to join and start the match.
    -You need to add a lot of good friendly people on Origin and they must play the game at the same time to start those matches.
    -Roll mechanic is broken, awful and annoying. Only 2 sec cooldown = broken game mechanic. ultra OP.
    -Bacta bomb + Shield + Jetpack = broken, annoying, toxic and op loadout for brainless people.
    -EE4, TL-50 and Bo-rifle can be pretty toxic weapons too. OP in some cases.
    -Anticheat system is useless. A lot of cheaters using hacks.
    -EA game (with all that that implies)

*The game could be awesome but with all these important issues the experience in general can be tedious and frustrating. Sometimes it will be fun, but only if you have a lot of friends on Origin playing the game at the same time (mainly to be able to start games and play with trusted people who are not toxic)
  • I hated that there were no real snipers
  • Way_Good_Bro
    38 posts Member
    edited October 21
    If only there was a Discord for the active Battlefront 2015 players hmmm..
    Post edited by Way_Good_Bro on
  • OP ee3 (and the superior net connections which elevated it into a Death Star level weapon for try-hard aka really good players)
    Having to shoot others twice as much to get a kill, sometimes their energy doesn't even go down
    OP ee3 and the dreaded rapid-fire "fft fft" sound which depletes your entire energy bar before you have the chance to move your finger to a button to respond
    Personal shield bubble
    OP ee3 but not when I use it because I can count the seconds between shots, no rapid fire fft fft for me
    Being able to throw down bacta in the middle of a gun fight
    Did I mention the OP ee3?
    OP green pulse cannon no accuracy needed just shoot in the general vicinity of me and it's a direct hit/kill
    People spamming Krannic/Bossk to ridiculous scores
    The mocking emote
    Turrets destroying AT-STs a bit too quickly and easily
    Flying craft being able to fly into an AT-ST, destroy it, and survive
    Absurd instant death spawn points at times
    My hero token energy depleting twice as fast as anyone else's/anyone else's taking twice as many shots or seemingly forever to deplete
    And the OP ee3.

Surprised at the level of hate for the jet packs, the bubble is worse and more absurd
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    Mekonin wrote: »
    OP ee3 (and the superior net connections which elevated it into a Death Star level weapon for try-hard aka really good players)
    Having to shoot others twice as much to get a kill, sometimes their energy doesn't even go down
    OP ee3 and the dreaded rapid-fire "fft fft" sound which depletes your entire energy bar before you have the chance to move your finger to a button to respond
    Personal shield bubble
    OP ee3 but not when I use it because I can count the seconds between shots, no rapid fire fft fft for me
    Being able to throw down bacta in the middle of a gun fight
    Did I mention the OP ee3?
    OP green pulse cannon no accuracy needed just shoot in the general vicinity of me and it's a direct hit/kill
    People spamming Krannic/Bossk to ridiculous scores
    The mocking emote
    Turrets destroying AT-STs a bit too quickly and easily
    Flying craft being able to fly into an AT-ST, destroy it, and survive
    Absurd instant death spawn points at times
    My hero token energy depleting twice as fast as anyone else's/anyone else's taking twice as many shots or seemingly forever to deplete
    And the OP ee3.

Surprised at the level of hate for the jet packs, the bubble is worse and more absurd

The jet packs weren't Star Wars, at least not how much it was over used. I loved when people popped a bubble, it was always a free scatter gun kill.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    I hated that there were no real snipers

I wonder if that added to the fun of the game, for me at least. It is one of the few shooters I can remember without a sniper rifle.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

I wonder if that added to the fun of the game, for me at least. It is one of the few shooters I can remember without a sniper rifle.

Lol you have a lot of sniper rifles in that game what are you talking about guys?
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    jmoyano92 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Lol you have a lot of sniper rifles in that game what are you talking about guys?

Not with anywhere near the fire rate of sniper rifles in other games.

h846398gb27k.png

• Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited September 18
    I hated that there were no real snipers.
    I wonder if that added to the fun of the game, for me at least? It is one of the few shooters I can remember without a sniper rifle.
    jmoyano92 wrote: »
    Not with anywhere near the fire rate of sniper rifles in other games.

@bfloo Well it was not that the sniper rifle wasn't effective per say it was this:

The Star Cards buffed the snot out of players and made them way over 100% health.

Personally I had issues with the Pulse Canon.

My main issue with the Pulse Canon sniper rifle from Star Wars Battlefront, is that the charge up fires automatically whether you want it to or not (once it builds up strength). This makes no sense to me at all. What sniper in his right mind would use such a weapon.
    (1.) You have to wait for it to rebuild up leaving you vulnerable after firing.
    (2.) Moving targets that evade you are hard enough to hit as it is, then winding up firing before you want too...🙃 Good grief.

But since you don't like snipers sniping at you I suppose these things made you happy bfloo, to each his own I guess. 😐
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • What did I hated? EE-4, Boba Fett, Nien Numb, Chewbacca, Luke runners, Noob pilots that orbiting you, snipers, Jumpack snipers, hackers, Vanguard, Adrenaline spammers, TL-50, Personal Shield, Sharpshooter trait or whatever it calls...
  • Oh forgot to add: I bought this game for 60 euros, then when DLC came out I bought Bespin and Death Star, And when I figured out DICE has been giving them for free when they realised that its too expensive (or for whatever reason)… I just uninstalled this game, I hope I shouldn't say why
  • I strictly play Blast. I'm pretty confident that everyone will agree, by far, the worse things about this game are (and in no particular order):

1. Red Zones with Orbital Strike: There should be NO RED ZONES when using an Orbital Strike. We should be able to detonate it wherever we want. A perfect example of this is when using on the Jawa Refuge map. Especially when trying to use when enemies are on top of the sand crawler, there are a lot of red zones on the sand crawler, and sometimes it still doesn't detonate when in the BLUE ZONE. In the meantime, an enemy has shot and killed you because you're too busy trying to scan the sand crawler where it will accept a detonation target. This has got to be one of the dumbest things ever.
    2. Rolling in place: Ability to roll forward or sideways is fine and can be used as a good defensive move or to try and sneak up on somebody offensively, but rolling in place? Nobody ever rolls in place like they meant to. It would defeat the purpose of using it in the first place. It doesn't even make sense, so why is it in the game? Get rid of it.
    3. Blaster Cannon - What do you mean we can't place it here?: 9 out of 10 times, I just want to dump this thing, because I don't feel like camping in one spot waiting for enemies to come into target, or maybe I see another power-up, and just want to dump it, so I can run right through the power-up "cookie", instead of stopping and pressing "square" to switch it out. Often times, I'll try like three or four times to dump the thing, getting feedback each time, telling me I can't place it here. In the meantime, an enemy has shot and killed me, because I'm wasting my time trying to drop this thing. How dumb can that be? We should be able to dump it wherever we want.
    4. Aim is horrible: This is only an issue if you do not use a modified controller, or some type of dongle accessory to give you advantageous features. Regardless of what your sensitivity level is set at, the aim on this game is horrendous. Sometimes you can't even shoot them when they're right in front of you. Especially when using Aim Assist, it doesn't assist at all. In fact, quite the opposite if there are multiple enemies right next to each other, it will often automatically switch off target while you're in the middle of shooting the person you're trying to kill.

The game should be enjoyable and competitive, but these things listed above, just give you feelings of frustration and disbelief.
  • Never played it due to no Prequel Trilogy content.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • I hated the token system, OP heroes and a crappy villain selection, and the custom loadouts.

the bacta / bodyguard combinations

or OP blaster like ee3 / ee4 blaster

and explosive shot + dh17 that makes life easier for the exploiter and the noob without skill with easy kills
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    onagood1 wrote: »
    I strictly play Blast. I'm pretty confident that everyone will agree, by far, the worse things about this game are (and in no particular order):

1. Red Zones with Orbital Strike: There should be NO RED ZONES when using an Orbital Strike. We should be able to detonate it wherever we want. A perfect example of this is when using on the Jawa Refuge map. Especially when trying to use when enemies are on top of the sand crawler, there are a lot of red zones on the sand crawler, and sometimes it still doesn't detonate when in the BLUE ZONE. In the meantime, an enemy has shot and killed you because you're too busy trying to scan the sand crawler where it will accept a detonation target. This has got to be one of the dumbest things ever.
    2. Rolling in place: Ability to roll forward or sideways is fine and can be used as a good defensive move or to try and sneak up on somebody offensively, but rolling in place? Nobody ever rolls in place like they meant to. It would defeat the purpose of using it in the first place. It doesn't even make sense, so why is it in the game? Get rid of it.
    3. Blaster Cannon - What do you mean we can't place it here?: 9 out of 10 times, I just want to dump this thing, because I don't feel like camping in one spot waiting for enemies to come into target, or maybe I see another power-up, and just want to dump it, so I can run right through the power-up "cookie", instead of stopping and pressing "square" to switch it out. Often times, I'll try like three or four times to dump the thing, getting feedback each time, telling me I can't place it here. In the meantime, an enemy has shot and killed me, because I'm wasting my time trying to drop this thing. How dumb can that be? We should be able to dump it wherever we want.
    4. Aim is horrible: This is only an issue if you do not use a modified controller, or some type of dongle accessory to give you advantageous features. Regardless of what your sensitivity level is set at, the aim on this game is horrendous. Sometimes you can't even shoot them when they're right in front of you. Especially when using Aim Assist, it doesn't assist at all. In fact, quite the opposite if there are multiple enemies right next to each other, it will often automatically switch off target while you're in the middle of shooting the person you're trying to kill.

The game should be enjoyable and competitive, but these things listed above, just give you feelings of frustration and disbelief.

2 was one of the frostbite joys where a pebble a toddler would eat can become impossible to move over. I think this is part of the issue with 3 as well.

Aim had issues, there were times I could not move the inch I needed to hit someone. It always tended to be just off to the left when I ran into this issue.

h846398gb27k.png

• d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    I could list things I dont like about it but I still play it all the time and have loads of fun, I still like it better than the current battlefront game.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Hero tokens I was terrible at getting them glad they changed that in this game
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 28
    What do I dis-like the most about Star Wars Battlefront 2015? - After long thought I'd say, in "Skirmish" the unfixed bug that if you grab the hero icon and you do not let the clock go to 6 o'clock, you do not get the hero and stand back up. Majorly frustrating, they should at the very least go back and fix that.

“There is always hope.”