criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Yoda and obi-wan should of gone after palpatine together.

2Next

Replies

  • anidriX wrote: »
    Yes, they should have. Go together, kill Palpatine, stop the rise of the Empire before it even begins and then go and face Anakin, maybe even with Padmé to try and talk some sense into him or else. Roll Credits.
    Don't even start with the 3 ***** that went along with Windu who pretty much forgot how to block in the same fashion as when Maul just stared while Obi-Wan cut him in half. Yoda couldn't beat Palpatine and Palpatine couldn't beat Yoda so odds are he wouldn't have been able to hold both of them off.
    It also goes without saying that the smallest amount of common sense would have foiled all of Palpatine's plans and therefore Anakin's decent to the darkside.
    1. Investigate the creation of the Clone Army a little more than nothing at all.
    2. Obi-Wan literally has hologram evidence of Anakin killing Younglings and turning to the Darkside. Copy it to a flash drive, give it to Organa and broadcast it over the Senate meeting (yes I know, Palpatine WAS the senate).
    3. "I move for a vote of no confidence on Chanciller Valorum Palpatine".
    4. If Grievous was the supposedly the only commander of the Droid army after Dooku died then why not send both Obi-Wan AND Anakin to kill him. Killing Grievous would have ended the war. So why send only Obi-Wan? After all, they both went to "save" Palpatine. This alone would have changed everything. No opposition for the War=War won=No reason for Palpatine to stay in power=No Empire=Anakin doesn't turn=Roll credits.
    5. You learned Palpatine is a Sith, how about you arrest him in public instead of in his private offices. If he defends himself, he's exposed. If he doesn't, problem solved.
    6. Yoda failed, Obi-Wan didn't. Yoda: "Hey Obi, I wasn't able to get him on my own. Seeing as you mutilated Anakin, how about we DO go together now". Obi-Wan: "Nah, what's the point? I have to deliver that kid to the farm anyways and you're gonna be late for dinner on that swamp. Besides, how bad could the Empire really be?"

    This is why I just can't get behind the prequels. I just can't overlook the lack of common sense there is (and so many other unrelated things as well). I watched the Clone Wars (and I liked it, Anakin is even a good character there). Anakin is a war hero, he's won so much for the Republic. So the only reason I can't think of for the bad treatment and distrust he got from the Council is that RotS came before TCW, maybe Season 7 will retcon this.

    Yeah I agree with all of that except the grevious thing. I think the idea behind keeping Anakin close to palps at that point was for the exact thing that happened. Palps ended up exposing himself as being untrustworthy and a threat to the Jedi and that was the very reason Anakin was put in place next to palps during the moment grevious was killed. It was a wise move to have someone close to him at that time. However they should of sent more Jedi with obi-wan to get grevious. But I guess an entire fleet of star destroyers and clones was enough to pacify that system.

    All the other points are very good though. They definitely should of arrested him in public if he chose not to return power. And Yoda exiling himself seemed like such a strange thing to do. I never even understood why he left the fight when he did. Palps was just as burnt out during the fight as he was and it's not like a few clones being around would of made much of a difference to Yoda. This was the fight for the heart of the galaxy he was in. It should of been do or die. He was the one person at that point who stood in palpatine's way and he was the greatest Jedi ever, and he just gave up. I didn't like that at all. The only way I would agree with that is if he had a vision of the future and saw the only possible way to win was for Vader to eventually kill palps years later, so he then left. That's all that would make sense to me really.
  • Yeah I agree with all of that except the grevious thing. I think the idea behind keeping Anakin close to palps at that point was for the exact thing that happened. Palps ended up exposing himself as being untrustworthy and a threat to the Jedi and that was the very reason Anakin was put in place next to palps during the moment grevious was killed. It was a wise move to have someone close to him at that time. However they should of sent more Jedi with obi-wan to get grevious. But I guess an entire fleet of star destroyers and clones was enough to pacify that system.

    That is just another problem. Palpatine had been telegraphing he was evil from the very beginning of the movie but Anakin just could not take a hint.
    1. Recognizing Dooku as a Sith.
    2. Ordering Anakin to kill Dooku on-site without a trial.
    3. Suggesting Anakin to leave Obi-Wan (A Jedi and Anakin's master that they've both known for years) behind to die because more droids could show up. (Those same droids Jedi cut as if they were slicing cheese).
    4. Tale of Darth Plagueis, the wise.
    5. The whole Opera scene. "Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power". Anakin just sits there like a *****.

    When things couldn't be more blatant, Palpatine sees Anakin is so oblivious he has to flat out tell him he is evil.




  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.


    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with all of that except the grevious thing. I think the idea behind keeping Anakin close to palps at that point was for the exact thing that happened. Palps ended up exposing himself as being untrustworthy and a threat to the Jedi and that was the very reason Anakin was put in place next to palps during the moment grevious was killed. It was a wise move to have someone close to him at that time. However they should of sent more Jedi with obi-wan to get grevious. But I guess an entire fleet of star destroyers and clones was enough to pacify that system.

    That is just another problem. Palpatine had been telegraphing he was evil from the very beginning of the movie but Anakin just could not take a hint.
    1. Recognizing Dooku as a Sith.
    2. Ordering Anakin to kill Dooku on-site without a trial.
    3. Suggesting Anakin to leave Obi-Wan (A Jedi and Anakin's master that they've both known for years) behind to die because more droids could show up. (Those same droids Jedi cut as if they were slicing cheese).
    4. Tale of Darth Plagueis, the wise.
    5. The whole Opera scene. "Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power". Anakin just sits there like a *****.

    When things couldn't be more blatant, Palpatine sees Anakin is so oblivious he has to flat out tell him he is evil.




    1) The Jedi had already identified him as a Sith, it is reasonable Palps would know.

    2) Anakin already knew politicians were sketchy.

    3) Palps was never anyone's choice to stand up and fight.

    4) This was sketchy.

    5) The way Palps described it made perfect sense, and was mostly true.

    Palps developed a friendship with Anakin and took him as a mentor. Anakin never got indoctrinated into the Jedi school of thinking, he actually had 'real world' experiences.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.


    Agree, I think he stomps. Remember how fast Dooku took him(O-W) our earlier to basically be a non factor. Unless he’s used as a sacrifice for Yoda to get some sort of killshot in, I still say Palpatine all the way though imo.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with all of that except the grevious thing. I think the idea behind keeping Anakin close to palps at that point was for the exact thing that happened. Palps ended up exposing himself as being untrustworthy and a threat to the Jedi and that was the very reason Anakin was put in place next to palps during the moment grevious was killed. It was a wise move to have someone close to him at that time. However they should of sent more Jedi with obi-wan to get grevious. But I guess an entire fleet of star destroyers and clones was enough to pacify that system.

    That is just another problem. Palpatine had been telegraphing he was evil from the very beginning of the movie but Anakin just could not take a hint.
    1. Recognizing Dooku as a Sith.
    2. Ordering Anakin to kill Dooku on-site without a trial.
    3. Suggesting Anakin to leave Obi-Wan (A Jedi and Anakin's master that they've both known for years) behind to die because more droids could show up. (Those same droids Jedi cut as if they were slicing cheese).
    4. Tale of Darth Plagueis, the wise.
    5. The whole Opera scene. "Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power". Anakin just sits there like a *****.

    When things couldn't be more blatant, Palpatine sees Anakin is so oblivious he has to flat out tell him he is evil.




    1) The Jedi had already identified him as a Sith, it is reasonable Palps would know.

    2) Anakin already knew politicians were sketchy.

    3) Palps was never anyone's choice to stand up and fight.

    4) This was sketchy.

    5) The way Palps described it made perfect sense, and was mostly true.

    Palps developed a friendship with Anakin and took him as a mentor. Anakin never got indoctrinated into the Jedi school of thinking, he actually had 'real world' experiences.

    Your argument is that politicians are "sketchy" and that's why the Jedi didn't see what was blatantly in there face.

    1. This makes no sense. In fact when Anakin warns Windu, he repies "A Sith Lord?!" to which Anakin replies: "Yes, the one we've been looking for". So no, they did not know. Besides even if they did, they would have not only identified him as a Sith lord but rather THE Sith lord Sidious. Why? When Maul "dies" in TPM, the Jedi know they are aware of the rule of two and in the first conversation between Dooku and Obi-Wan in Geonosis, Dooku says the senate is under the influence of Darth Sidious. Which means, Sith #1: Maul, Sith #2 Sidious. If they had known he was a Sith, by extension they would have also know he was THE Sith.
    2. On its own it probably doesn't amount much but when evidence starts to pile up, it does.
    3. Maybe, but that doesn't justify telling "your friend" as you described below to leave your master and also friend to die, especially if you are acquainted to that person. Besides, it's clearly stated that droids aren't really an issue.
    4. That doesn't mean he should have stay there listening like an autistic. I mean he was supposed to be spying and learning about him. I mean at least he should have said "Interesting story, where did you learn about it". ANY attempt to investigate would have been fine. He tells that story, and then goes: "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural". The only way to make it more blatant is if he had say "Anakin, Siths have the ability to save pregnant women during birth".
    5. Again, on its own it might not mean much but when you amount that with just my previous 4 points and NOTHING rings a bell, well, lets just say you aren't the brightest bulb on the porch.

    Exactly he had REAL WORLD experience, he wasn't bound to the Jedi way of thinking which is why he should have been able to formulate coherent thoughts. Yes, spying on your friend might make a bit reluctant. But if the Jedi tell you, "dude, that guy is fishy, watch out", there's no reason why you can't keep an out for anything suspicious, especially if you want to prove them wrong. You know, trust but verify.



  • DarthLando
    1263 posts Member
    edited September 11
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • and here I thought it was a game related thread.

    4ee.gif
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with all of that except the grevious thing. I think the idea behind keeping Anakin close to palps at that point was for the exact thing that happened. Palps ended up exposing himself as being untrustworthy and a threat to the Jedi and that was the very reason Anakin was put in place next to palps during the moment grevious was killed. It was a wise move to have someone close to him at that time. However they should of sent more Jedi with obi-wan to get grevious. But I guess an entire fleet of star destroyers and clones was enough to pacify that system.

    That is just another problem. Palpatine had been telegraphing he was evil from the very beginning of the movie but Anakin just could not take a hint.
    1. Recognizing Dooku as a Sith.
    2. Ordering Anakin to kill Dooku on-site without a trial.
    3. Suggesting Anakin to leave Obi-Wan (A Jedi and Anakin's master that they've both known for years) behind to die because more droids could show up. (Those same droids Jedi cut as if they were slicing cheese).
    4. Tale of Darth Plagueis, the wise.
    5. The whole Opera scene. "Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power". Anakin just sits there like a *****.

    When things couldn't be more blatant, Palpatine sees Anakin is so oblivious he has to flat out tell him he is evil.






    1) The Jedi had already identified him as a Sith, it is reasonable Palps would know.

    2) Anakin already knew politicians were sketchy.

    3) Palps was never anyone's choice to stand up and fight.

    4) This was sketchy.

    5) The way Palps described it made perfect sense, and was mostly true.

    Palps developed a friendship with Anakin and took him as a mentor. Anakin never got indoctrinated into the Jedi school of thinking, he actually had 'real world' experiences.

    Your argument is that politicians are "sketchy" and that's why the Jedi didn't see what was blatantly in there face.

    1. This makes no sense. In fact when Anakin warns Windu, he repies "A Sith Lord?!" to which Anakin replies: "Yes, the one we've been looking for". So no, they did not know. Besides even if they did, they would have not only identified him as a Sith lord but rather THE Sith lord Sidious. Why? When Maul "dies" in TPM, the Jedi know they are aware of the rule of two and in the first conversation between Dooku and Obi-Wan in Geonosis, Dooku says the senate is under the influence of Darth Sidious. Which means, Sith #1: Maul, Sith #2 Sidious. If they had known he was a Sith, by extension they would have also know he was THE Sith.
    2. On its own it probably doesn't amount much but when evidence starts to pile up, it does.
    3. Maybe, but that doesn't justify telling "your friend" as you described below to leave your master and also friend to die, especially if you are acquainted to that person. Besides, it's clearly stated that droids aren't really an issue.
    4. That doesn't mean he should have stay there listening like an autistic. I mean he was supposed to be spying and learning about him. I mean at least he should have said "Interesting story, where did you learn about it". ANY attempt to investigate would have been fine. He tells that story, and then goes: "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural". The only way to make it more blatant is if he had say "Anakin, Siths have the ability to save pregnant women during birth".
    5. Again, on its own it might not mean much but when you amount that with just my previous 4 points and NOTHING rings a bell, well, lets just say you aren't the brightest bulb on the porch.

    Exactly he had REAL WORLD experience, he wasn't bound to the Jedi way of thinking which is why he should have been able to formulate coherent thoughts. Yes, spying on your friend might make a bit reluctant. But if the Jedi tell you, "dude, that guy is fishy, watch out", there's no reason why you can't keep an out for anything suspicious, especially if you want to prove them wrong. You know, trust but verify.



    1 was talking about Dooku, not Palps.

    Based off the RotS novel:

    The Jedi suspected someone in Palps inner circle to be the Sith. Mace stated he didn't think it was Palps 'Because he already rules the galaxy.' That is about where they were with the trail of evidence. The novel also states that Yoda only went to Kashyyyk as they thought with him off of Coruscant, the Sith might show him/ her self.

    Palps knew Anakin was having a crisis of faith and exploited it to the tilt.

    I mostly agree with you that the Jedi should have suspected Palps. CW made the Jedi look so inept it was infuriating.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.
    Palpatine would easily separate the two and kill Obi-Wan.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.

    Nonsense.

    Dooku had to distract Yoda by putting an unconscious Kenobi in danger, so he could straight up run away. Otherwise Yoda 100% would have won & probably Killed Dooku.

    Plus don’t sleep on Dooku. He was basically part of the Big 3 in the Jedi order, along with Yoda & Windu, & while not deemed “the chosen one” he was basically one tier below that growing up because he was so special.

    I would call the fight between Yoda & Sidious a draw, considering neither managed to kill the other. Remember Sidious initially tried to flee, rather than face Yoda.

    “If so powerful you are, why leave ?”

    PSN: DarthLando-
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.

    Nonsense.

    Dooku had to distract Yoda by putting an unconscious Kenobi in danger, so he could straight up run away. Otherwise Yoda 100% would have won & probably Killed Dooku.

    Plus don’t sleep on Dooku. He was basically part of the Big 3 in the Jedi order, along with Yoda & Windu, & while not deemed “the chosen one” he was basically one tier below that growing up because he was so special.

    I would call the fight between Yoda & Sidious a draw, considering neither managed to kill the other. Remember Sidious initially tried to flee, rather than face Yoda.

    “If so powerful you are, why leave ?”

    Yoda fell off a ledge, automatic loss in Star Wars.
    I die falling off ledges in Star Wars games all the time, you almost never survive

    The Yoda Palps duel is not one of my favorites, it ended with a whimper.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.

    Nonsense.

    Dooku had to distract Yoda by putting an unconscious Kenobi in danger, so he could straight up run away. Otherwise Yoda 100% would have won & probably Killed Dooku.

    Plus don’t sleep on Dooku. He was basically part of the Big 3 in the Jedi order, along with Yoda & Windu, & while not deemed “the chosen one” he was basically one tier below that growing up because he was so special.

    I would call the fight between Yoda & Sidious a draw, considering neither managed to kill the other. Remember Sidious initially tried to flee, rather than face Yoda.

    “If so powerful you are, why leave ?”

    Yoda fell off a ledge, automatic loss in Star Wars.
    I die falling off ledges in Star Wars games all the time, you almost never survive

    The Yoda Palps duel is not one of my favorites, it ended with a whimper.
    More of a bad luck thing than a loss. He was winning right before he fell off the ledge.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.

    Nonsense.

    Dooku had to distract Yoda by putting an unconscious Kenobi in danger, so he could straight up run away. Otherwise Yoda 100% would have won & probably Killed Dooku.

    Plus don’t sleep on Dooku. He was basically part of the Big 3 in the Jedi order, along with Yoda & Windu, & while not deemed “the chosen one” he was basically one tier below that growing up because he was so special.

    I would call the fight between Yoda & Sidious a draw, considering neither managed to kill the other. Remember Sidious initially tried to flee, rather than face Yoda.

    “If so powerful you are, why leave ?”

    Yoda fell off a ledge, automatic loss in Star Wars.
    I die falling off ledges in Star Wars games all the time, you almost never survive

    The Yoda Palps duel is not one of my favorites, it ended with a whimper.

    Yeah I mean he did ultimately lose his saber & flee haha.

    Their fight + Sidious’ 1v3 could’ve been much more epic
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Palpatine would obliterate Obi-Wan in a heartbeat.

    That's nice. I said obi-wan and Yoda though.

    I still have to go with Palps.

    Maul was a top duelist, Savage wasn't bad either, he took down a few Jedi. Palps ripped them apart, laughing at them the entire time.

    @Starwarsor66 Some good points about selecting a leader.

    Nah.
    Yoda would’ve 1v2’d just as easily.

    Yoda is over rated. 2 on screen duels, he got a draw against Dooku and a loss to Palps.

    Nonsense.

    Dooku had to distract Yoda by putting an unconscious Kenobi in danger, so he could straight up run away. Otherwise Yoda 100% would have won & probably Killed Dooku.

    Plus don’t sleep on Dooku. He was basically part of the Big 3 in the Jedi order, along with Yoda & Windu, & while not deemed “the chosen one” he was basically one tier below that growing up because he was so special.

    I would call the fight between Yoda & Sidious a draw, considering neither managed to kill the other. Remember Sidious initially tried to flee, rather than face Yoda.

    “If so powerful you are, why leave ?”

    Yoda fell off a ledge, automatic loss in Star Wars.
    I die falling off ledges in Star Wars games all the time, you almost never survive

    The Yoda Palps duel is not one of my favorites, it ended with a whimper.
    More of a bad luck thing than a loss. He was winning right before he fell off the ledge.

    Palps had the high ground, Yoda had no shot.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Yoda alone was a bit above sidious. Obi Wan would have to be really cared to not immediately get sliced in half or ragdolled. If they manage to corner sidious Ovis Defensive wall may be able to open sidious up for a killing blow from Yoda.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!