criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Can Leia get buffed now, please?

Prev1
I posted this on Reddit not too long ago, and thought it might not be a bad idea to post it here, as well. Let me know what you think.

Seriously, Leia has been dumpster tier for over a year now. The constant buffs to sabers, increase in rolls being inconsistent, and general tomfoolery that goes on in this game has only made this worse.

Why is DICE allergic to buffing her? I really want to know. Poor girl has not gotten any love and has been left behind. Leia being bad is something that pretty much everyone agrees on. Other heroes (Ani, Vader, Yoda, Kylo, etc) are always controversial as to whether they are OP, UP, balanced, whatever. But Leia, is pretty well regarded as bad by everyone, and for good reason - she's bad.

I wrote a comment earlier of some changes I would like to see to here and I wanted to put them into an actual post. As follows;

Blaster

Her blaster in a pretty healthy spot. Only change I would like to see it a decrease in bloom. Having a tighter spread would allow her to be more effective at medium ranges, rather than just when she is someone's face. Her DPS is very good, just tricky to land those shots with the bloom.

Remove alt fire from right click and give her a standard zoom. This would also help her with medium range.
Alt fire could either replace shield or be attached to another input (more on this later).

Rapid Fire

This ability just isn't very good. Her main blaster has a higher DPS and is better in just about every possible way. Only reason to use this ability is for the 25% mitigation from cards or to burn blocking stamina. I would like to see the following;

- increase damage to closer match main blaster DPS
- increase range
- decrease bloom/spread
- active time could also be increased, but is not needed

Flash Grenade

Honestly, just give her the pre-nerf Officer Flash Grenade; it was basically a hero ability. Replace Officer Flash Grenade with what Leia currently has.

Alternatively, I have seen others suggest giving her a Thermal Detonator. This could also work. Not sure what's the better option.

Flash Grenade Star Cards would need love, as they are pretty bad.

Shield

Eh, this ability is pretty dumb. I would prefer to see it replaced. If Leia got her zoom with right click, then alt fire could replace this ability. I would make these changes to alt fire;

- remove the tracking
- increase base damage to 150
- Laserbrain increases damage by 50
- increase blast radius to something like 3m. Could add damage radii to make aim more important. IE full damage at source, then damage falls off further away
- attach a 8-ish second cooldown to the ability

Essentially, turn alt fire into what Iden's is, but have it shoot in straight line and have a longer cooldown. Removing the tracking and having a cooldown would remove (or heavily limit) Leia's ability to sit at the back of the map and snipe troopers.

If it's not possible for Shield to be replaced, then it needs serious love;

- Leia needs to be able to deactivate the shield manually
- there needs to be incentive to actually using the shield and playing around it; perhaps enemies could take more damage while inside, enemies could take tick damage while inside, Leia can shoot alt fire out of the shield, etc. It just needs more purpose
- if the shield were to become a "hazard zone" to enemies, the size of the shield could be made larger. This would actually make pushing/defending with Leia have a purpose. Attach a lengthy cooldown for balance
Coming back to the Thermal Detonator; it could replace the shield. This would give Leia utility with Flash and damage with the detonator. Could be cool.

Other Changes

- increase standard HP by 50
- increase move speed (all blaster heroes should get this)
- bring back thicc Leia

That is all. Thank you for reading.

Replies

• Yes. It’s time some blaster heroes become relevant in this game.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I saw your post on Reddit! Glad to see you posted it here too. I agree. Leia, Lando, and Chewie need some love. I rarely see them picked anymore in HvV or GA.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I second this motion.

what's "thicc Leia" btw?
  • I second this motion.

what's "thicc Leia" btw?

Launch Leia was significantly... curvier than she currently is.
    cukf6i0vw1t7.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I second this motion.

what's "thicc Leia" btw?

Launch Leia was significantly... curvier than she currently is.
    cukf6i0vw1t7.png

ah ok. I'm ok either way, the actress (RIP Carrie, we miss you) was fairly slim and petite during the OT.
  • Bump. Buff Leia!
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Nah. Dont listen to this Dice.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Nah. Dont listen to this Dice.

You right. Let’s keep Leia dumpster tier.

My B.

• I agree, she is completely outclassed by pretty much every Dark Side hero.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Leia could use less spread on her rapid fire and great damage reduction with the card while using it.

Or just un-nerf the roll for blaster heroes and un-buff saber tracking and magnetic sabers.
  • Leia could use less spread on her rapid fire and great damage reduction with the card while using it.

Or just un-nerf the roll for blaster heroes and un-buff saber tracking and magnetic sabers.

The problem with this, is she would still be heavily outclassed by Han and Chewie.
  • 21dhdb2eijnh.jpeg

Gotta a reply from F8RGE over on Reddit about this.

Nothing significant.
  • 21dhdb2eijnh.jpeg

Nothing significant.

Thats good to hear. Hoping for tweaks to make her better in the near future.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Everything is on the cards for tweaks.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • 21dhdb2eijnh.jpeg

Nothing significant.

I wouldn’t expect anything in the near future, to be honest.

She’s been bad for a long time and she’ll likely be that way for a while longer. She seems to be low on their priority list.

I’m hoping to see some actual, significant buffs to her before the end of the year. We’ll see.

My B.

Some heroes are just better than others.
    moistboii wrote: »

My B.

For sure. This will always be true, regardless of what changes get made. Unless every hero was a carbon-copy of one another, then certain heroes will always be better than others. Similarly, certain heroes will always perform better in certain interactions than others. This is expected and is fine.

However, even knowing that it’s not possible to perfectly balance heroes, we should still encourage the devs to bring up the weaker heroes. I’m focusing on Leia, but there are multiple heroes that need help. Yes, she’s weaker, but that doesn’t mean she can’t be improved. To be honest, even with these changes, she would still be outclassed by the stronger heroes.

So, yes, certain heroes are better than others, but that can’t be the reason we don’t pursue buffs for Leia, who is one of the worst heroes in the game, if not the worst.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1764 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Leia is one of, or the worst heroes in this game. That said, it's because the game is always Saber dominant. in a pure Blaster to Blaster fight (which doesn't really happen ever, even in Showdown), Leia would dominate the top half of the roster of blasters.

If no saber heroes (or Palpatine) existed:

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Kind of funny, back on topic: BUFF LEIA

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Leia is one of, or the worst heroes in this game. That said, it's because the game is always Saber dominant. in a pure Blaster to Blaster fight (which doesn't really happen ever, even in Showdown), Leia would dominate the top half of the roster of blasters.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

Leia is very strong in blaster VS blasters interactions. Playing around her shield is incredibly strong, especially with her excellent burst damage via headshots. With the buffs I suggested, she would roll most DS blasters with relative ease. However, as you mentioned, these interactions rarely happen, even within HS.

You’re also right about sabers being dominant. I touched on this in the OP, but the consistent buffs to sabers, rolling becoming more and more inconsistent, general wackiness of the game (massive lunges, hit through dashes, etc), and how oppressive CC can be - blasters struggle, a lot.

Hopefully DICE gives her some love, but we’ll see.

• Can Leia and her team shoot from inside the shield? If not then that could be a nice buff to it and i'm sure it'll server a great purpose on a lot of objective phases like second objective of Hoth or final objective of Jakku.
  • Leia is one of, or the worst heroes in this game. That said, it's because the game is always Saber dominant. in a pure Blaster to Blaster fight (which doesn't really happen ever, even in Showdown), Leia would dominate the top half of the roster of blasters.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

Leia is very strong in blaster VS blasters interactions. Playing around her shield is incredibly strong, especially with her excellent burst damage via headshots. With the buffs I suggested, she would roll most DS blasters with relative ease. However, as you mentioned, these interactions rarely happen, even within HS.

You’re also right about sabers being dominant. I touched on this in the OP, but the consistent buffs to sabers, rolling becoming more and more inconsistent, general wackiness of the game (massive lunges, hit through dashes, etc), and how oppressive CC can be - blasters struggle, a lot.

I do like the ideas you listed, but I think she needs more knockbacks, staggers, and some damage through blocks more than anything else to actually be a dominant choice in HvV. Yours would certainly help, but she still needs some utility against sabers imo

Perhaps they could give the E-11 some small explosive rounds. A rework to her stun grenade to do some damage, let it damage through blocks, and create knockdowns would also be great. This would be my suggestion.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Dexyn wrote: »
    Can Leia and her team shoot from inside the shield? If not then that could be a nice buff to it and i'm sure it'll server a great purpose on a lot of objective phases like second objective of Hoth or final objective of Jakku.
    Dexyn wrote: »
    Can Leia and her team shoot from inside the shield? If not then that could be a nice buff to it and i'm sure it'll server a great purpose on a lot of objective phases like second objective of Hoth or final objective of Jakku.

That sounds like it would be incredibly OP in GA. Like, too OP

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

I do like the ideas you listed, but I think she needs more knockbacks, staggers, and some damage through blocks more than anything else to actually be a dominant choice in HvV. Yours would certainly help, but she still needs some utility against sabers imo

Perhaps they could give the E-11 some small explosive rounds. A rework to her stun grenade to do some damage, let it damage through blocks, and create knockdowns would also be great. This would be my suggestion.

She would have some tools, but not the best tools, I will admit.

Do you remember pre-nerf Officer Flash? 4+ seconds of white screen, can’t jump, 100-ish unblockable damage, player move speed reduction, and mini wall-hack. It would be very strong, especially in team fights.

My idea was, she would use the Flash Grenade, burn blocking stamina with E-11, pop some headshots, then follow up with Alt Fire. It’s not as powerful as Chewies Slam (x2) > Shock > Furious, for example, but it would still be strong.

Her only means of damaging though blocks would be Flash and alt fire, which would basically be Iden’s. With how much hate that ability receives, I’m not sure needs more, haha. She wouldn’t have direct CC, but Flash would provide tons of utility.

She wouldn’t be dominant with these changes, she would barely be viable, tbh. But, it’s a start. I would be able to actually pick her in un-arranged games without feeling useless. Well, at least I think so.

E-11 burns stamina pretty quickly now, so I’m not convinced it would need to pierce blocks, but not certain.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

Do you remember pre-nerf Officer Flash? 4+ seconds of white screen, can’t jump, 100-ish unblockable damage, player move speed reduction, and mini wall-hack. It would be very strong, especially in team fights.

My idea was, she would use the Flash Grenade, burn blocking stamina with E-11, pop some headshots, then follow up with Alt Fire. It’s not as powerful as Chewies Slam (x2) > Shock > Furious, for example, but it would still be strong.

Her only means of damaging though blocks would be Flash and alt fire, which would basically be Iden’s. With how much hate that ability receives, I’m not sure needs more, haha. She wouldn’t have direct CC, but Flash would provide tons of utility.

She wouldn’t be dominant with these changes, she would barely be viable, tbh. But, it’s a start. I would be able to actually pick her in un-arranged games without feeling useless. Well, at least I think so.

E-11 burns stamina pretty quickly now, so I’m not convinced it would need to pierce blocks, but not certain.

Yeah lmao, that flashbang was grotesquely op. Always loved Leia; I have a fervent preference towards three round burst weapons in any game. I just want her to be one of the top choices. It would be a good start for Leia. Anything would help her at this point.

One more suggestion is to stop Palpatine's lightning from going through her shield lol

Just stick next to Lag while he bots and you won't ever have to feel useless 😁

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

Yeah lmao, that flashbang was grotesquely op. Always loved Leia; I have a fervent preference towards three round burst weapons in any game. I just want her to be one of the top choices. It would be a good start for Leia. Anything would help her at this point.

One more suggestion is to stop Palpatine's lightning from going through her shield lol

Yeah, I like Leia. Just wish she was better, which is why I originally wrote this.

Fun fact; Leia’s burst is two shots.

Whoops. I edited in that part about Palp on my Reddit post, but forgot to here. There was also talks of having her shield block force abilities. Still not sure how I feel about that.

Lmaoooooo. Poor Lag. I love that guy.

• The flash grenade should be replaced with a improved version of a thermal detonator, it would be a nice throwback to ROTJ when she disguised as Boushh
  • Maddening that they can’t tell us what they have got planned for her, even if it’s just initial ideas and small tweaks. @F8RGE a response would be great because she’s been crap for over a year now

My B.

And…You’re okay with that??

PSN: this_old_mouse

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

I agree.

Yeah, I like Leia. Just wish she was better, which is why I originally wrote this.

Fun fact; Leia’s burst is two shots.

Whoops. I edited in that part about Palp on my Reddit post, but forgot to here. There was also talks of having her shield block force abilities. Still not sure how I feel about that.

Lmaoooooo. Poor Lag. I love that guy.

I couldn't remember if it was two shot or four shot; knew it wasn't exactly three but I haven't used Leia since I got her to 100.

Idk about a Force shield. Does that even make sense? 🤔. I'd just prefer the "hazard zone" idea. Or a team health regen zone

Yeah lol, Lag and all them boys chill

• I love Carrie Fisher.
  • 700 health standard, less spread when using the E-11, let it last longer without using a card, increase her damage reduction card by 10% at purple, give EVERY blaster hero 3 rolls, un-nerf the secondary fire shot frequency and let her shield block at least Palpatine/Dooku's lightning.
  • #BBTL
    Bring Back Thic Leia
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • Those buffs went into oblivion.

My B.

And…You’re okay with that??

They should balance all heroes as equally as possible. Imagine if there was variety in heroes played. Instead of always the same lot.

• adamjbamford
    1449 posts Member
    edited December 2
    How has Leia not been buffed for a year? Also why can @F8RGE not reply to this request which is basically a top priority.

I’m actually more excited about the idea of a Leia buff than any Rise of Skywalker content :D
    Post edited by adamjbamford on
  • How has Leia not been bugged for a year? Also why can @F8RGE not reply to this request which is basically a top priority.

I’m actually more excited about the idea of a Leia buff than any Rise of Skywalker content :D

Haha, same.

Shame that she likely won’t be getting buffed at all.
  • Agree with reduced spread on her pistol, there's a big spot where her blaster is inefficient and her alt fire is useless. Speaking of the alternate fire have it work like Iden would be very nice instead of the weird load up time that makes it useless in hvv.
    Flash grenade needs to implode on impact and not have a second cast like the officer, switching it to a white blind instead of a blur, increase it's size and have small damage like 50 would be nice.
    Rapid Blaster should not be touched if her kit is buffed, this weapon is a broken thing in the waiting.
    Her shield should not be removed it is one of her uniqueness, it does need quality of life improvments, like picking it up, canceling it, faster deploy time.
    As for touching the cards this require too much time to do for the team.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Give her a jet pack. Problem solved.
  • No she will be getting a repulsor Cannon to replace her flash bang. And yes its the broken star card and no it doesn't work. She deserves a nerf because she's ugly and stupid. That will be all.
  • Bump.

Another patch without Leia getting buffed.
  • Vader has seen a buff before her, how do you take it ?
  • Vader has seen a buff before her, how do you take it ?

We all knew it was going to happen, but I’m still baffled. Buffing one of the best heroes and not touching the worst, because why not.

Why is DICE so against buffing her? I mean, they didn’t even try. At least do something.
  • Shoot, I'd be ecstatic if they even gave her a minor buff. Bare minimum, her two weak abilities need addressed. I like your idea of giving her the Officer's old flash grenade. Simple, yet effective. Additionally, having the ability to retract her shield would go a long way. If the enemy takes shelter in it, simply retract it and attack. Maybe speed up the shield deployment just a hair. Again, simple yet effective.

I really like the ideas! I'm always cautious when it comes to buffs, however, because I fear it going too far into the OP (we all know it's happened before....)

This thread is absolutely correct, though. With Leia, some buffing is long overdue.
  • They buffed her flash grenade description.
  • Shoot, I'd be ecstatic if they even gave her a minor buff. Bare minimum, her two weak abilities need addressed. I like your idea of giving her the Officer's old flash grenade. Simple, yet effective. Additionally, having the ability to retract her shield would go a long way. If the enemy takes shelter in it, simply retract it and attack. Maybe speed up the shield deployment just a hair. Again, simple yet effective.

I really like the ideas! I'm always cautious when it comes to buffs, however, because I fear it going too far into the OP (we all know it's happened before....)

This thread is absolutely correct, though. With Leia, some buffing is long overdue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Buffing can be dangerous, if gone too far, but I don’t believe any of these changes would be an issue.

She would still struggle in HvV, as she would have no CC against sabers, poor survival, and poor mobility. But, she would at least have some utility with these changes.

After today, I’m convinced she’ll never get any buffs, though.
  • 21dhdb2eijnh.jpeg

Nothing significant.

She’s been bad for a long time and she’ll likely be that way for a while longer. She seems to be low on their priority list.

I’m hoping to see some actual, significant buffs to her before the end of the year. We’ll see.

How naive I was. Lmao.
  • 21dhdb2eijnh.jpeg

Nothing significant.

How naive I was. Lmao.

There is another patch, so...

rq4k1n4qxhba.gif
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• They buffed her flash grenade description.

💀