criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Can Leia get buffed now, please?

Replies

• @F8RGE i don’t think you realise how happy it’d make 90% of the community if you responded to a Leia buff. At this point it seems like you’re purposefully ignoring her.
  • @F8RGE i don’t think you realise how happy it’d make 90% of the community if you responded to a Leia buff. At this point it seems like you’re purposefully ignoring her.

They’re going to buff Vader again before you get a reply.

Rightfully so. Vader is terribly underwhelming in ALL modes. Not like he has the best move in the game or 1000 health or anything crazy like that.

Rightfully so. Vader is terribly underwhelming in ALL modes. Not like he has the best move in the game or 1000 health or anything crazy like that.

I should change the title to;

Can Vader get buffed now, please?

We all know he needs it.

We all know he needs it.

Can Vader get 100% Damage Reduction for the first 5 seconds of lightsaber throw? Not just during choke He's pretty vulnerable there too because his lightsaber LITERALLY exposes him by leaving his hand.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

We all know he needs it.

Can Vader get 100% Damage Reduction for the first 5 seconds of lightsaber throw? Not just during choke He's pretty vulnerable there too because his lightsaber LITERALLY exposes him by leaving his hand.

Great idea that would at least make him competitive.

We all know he needs it.

Beautiful.

With this, I could actually play 4v4’s with Vader again. I’m tired of getting farmed by those OP blaster heroes.
  • Genin
    119 posts Member
    To be honest, I don't think Leia is a bad character... In hvv with the the right starcards, I can melt most of the spamming r1 heroes I meet, with good dodge also. And still provide a good support to my team. Maybe could be buffed slightly like 50 more hp and a bit more effective flash granade, but I would not improve more than that. She's already annoyn in GA, camping with the shield and sniping from kilometers for the whole match, she just need a little "push" against villains. But very little.
  • Genin wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think Leia is a bad character... In hvv with the the right starcards, I can melt most of the spamming r1 heroes I meet, with good dodge also. And still provide a good support to my team. Maybe could be buffed slightly like 50 more hp and a bit more effective flash granade, but I would not improve more than that. She's already annoyn in GA, camping with the shield and sniping from kilometers for the whole match, she just need a little "push" against villains. But very little.

If you read the post, you would notice that I touched on her camping issue.

She needs a lot of help. With what you suggested, there’s still no reason to ever pick her over a hero like Han or Chewie.

I much prefer the ideas I proposed over your two ideas.
  • quark
    105 posts Member
    Give her more speed. And give her 50 health. Do not forget her slave-skin also. Dont be a prune DICE. Slave Leia is absolutely canon...
  • quark wrote: »
    Give her more speed. And give her 50 health. Do not forget her slave-skin also. Dont be a prune DICE. Slave Leia is absolutely canon...

That skin will never become a thing
  • Did some more thinking on Leia and here's what I'd change

1. Raise health to 700hp
    2. Give flash grenade (50) damage or replace it with thermal detonator/imploder
    3. Reduce spread on E-11
    4. Give her (and all other blaster heroes minus Boba) 3 rolls
    5. Allow shield to be picked up and block lightning (at least)/start or increase health regen speed (at most)
    6. Increase R-O-F on Alt-Fire
    7. Increase duration of E-11 w.o cards/speed up animation
  • Did some more thinking on Leia and here's what I'd change

1. Raise health to 700hp
    2. Give flash grenade (50) damage or replace it with thermal detonator/imploder
    3. Reduce spread on E-11
    4. Give her (and all other blaster heroes minus Boba) 3 rolls
    5. Allow shield to be picked up and block lightning (at least)/start or increase health regen speed (at most)
    6. Increase R-O-F on Alt-Fire
    7. Increase duration of E-11 w.o cards/speed up animation

Have flash do 100 and hide her health bar. Squad shield is just bad. Even if it blocked lightning, its useless against force abilities (Grievous rush, Kylo pull, etc.) She just needs a better ability than Squad shield. And I disagree with number 6. No way does she need increased alt. Fire rate. Her defender is already one of the best guns in the game. Yes to numbers 1,3, and maybe 4. Although I'd say 750 health. She is a force sensitive rebel princess after all and the daughter of Darth Vader.
  • Alt fire needs to be changed. It’s an awful design right now.

I like my idea for changing it. Could also be made into a Lucky Shot ability to replace shield - friend of mine was telling me about that idea a little while ago.
  • Leia is one of, or the worst heroes in this game. That said, it's because the game is always Saber dominant. in a pure Blaster to Blaster fight (which doesn't really happen ever, even in Showdown), Leia would dominate the top half of the roster of blasters.

If no saber heroes (or Palpatine) existed:

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Kind of funny, back on topic: BUFF LEIA

I missed something.... where's Lando?
  • Leia is one of, or the worst heroes in this game. That said, it's because the game is always Saber dominant. in a pure Blaster to Blaster fight (which doesn't really happen ever, even in Showdown), Leia would dominate the top half of the roster of blasters.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

He’s too garbage to be on any tier list

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • One cute suggestion someone else posted was to replace her shield with R2-D2 as a sidekick.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Gotta disagree. I absolutely own Bossks with Chewy.
  • One cute suggestion someone else posted was to replace her shield with R2-D2 as a sidekick.

I’ve seen this a couple times. Could be similar to what Krennic had - just without the Dioxis because R2 is better than that.

Only problem is that could take a while to actually implement, while the other ideas being thrown around would likely take less time/resources.

I’ve seen this a couple times. Could be similar to what Krennic had - just without the Dioxis because R2 is better than that.

Only problem is that could take a while to actually implement, while the other ideas being thrown around would likely take less time/resources.

You're a legend for this

+1 like for R2 not being a war criminal

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

You're a legend for this

r2 could make an oil slick on the floor that people slip-on and knock them down

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

You do? They have complete area denial from cheesy double mines, infinite regen to cushion mistakes (provided he isn't knocked below critical), or play attrition with any shooter he wants because they cannot push his double mines on top of his grenades

The only way a shooter can own bossks at all is if the bossk pushes out from his safe place and allows himself to get owned

You're a legend for this

+1 for catching them slippin in an oil fire

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

You do? They have complete area denial from cheesy double mines, infinite regen to cushion mistakes (provided he isn't knocked below critical), or play attrition with any shooter he wants because they cannot push his double mines on top of his grenades

The only way a shooter can own bossks at all is if the bossk pushes out from his safe place and allows himself to get owned

Very few bossks are good at sniping. Chewy doesn't have to go anywhere near his mines. You can say what you will about chewy at a distance but he is mr. Splash damage. Furious bowcaster splash damage alone is enough to kill bossk or at least send him running away with his tail between his legs. He basically has a few choices. He can try to snipe while I am pelting him with my bowcaster, he can try to lob micro grenades at me which I can wait out, or he can run away and try to reposition. You have to remember the player base were talking about here lol

You're a legend for this

+1 for catching them slippin in an oil fire

Maybe she could have a star card where he sets the oil on fire if two or more enemy slip in it. Or maybe she could use the e11 to ignite it. R2 could have a shock and an oil slick. 😎

You're a legend for this

Absolutely. Won’t let them bring R2 down to such a level. He’s above that.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Very few bossks are good at sniping. Chewy doesn't have to go anywhere near his mines. You can say what you will about chewy at a distance but he is mr. Splash damage. Furious bowcaster splash damage alone is enough to kill bossk or at least send him running away with his tail between his legs. He basically has a few choices. He can try to snipe while I am pelting him with my bowcaster, he can try to lob micro grenades at me which I can wait out, or he can run away and try to reposition. You have to remember the player base were talking about here lol

The Bossk VS blaster interaction is a slow, annoying fight.

Bossk can just play angles, sit on his mines, and poke HP with Dioxis and Mincro Grenades. Any damage you do to him doesn’t matter, since he will regen it all. You can’t easily push him if he’s playing angles like this, since mines exist, and he will have another set ready to go.

This only really matters in HS or 1v1 interactions. Regular 4v4 is different. He’s much less strong when LS has more than one hero on the map.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Bossk can just play angles, sit on his mines, and poke HP with Dioxis and Mincro Grenades. Any damage you do to him doesn’t matter, since he will regen it all. You can’t easily push him if he’s playing angles like this, since mines exist, and he will have another set ready to go.

This only really matters in HS or 1v1 interactions. Regular 4v4 is different. He’s much less strong when LS has more than one hero on the map.

Yeah I guess he can very slowly try to poke at chewy's health, all the while running away and regening. but as chewy I'm going to do the same thing every time he activates micro grenades, and every time I do 200 damage or more with bowcaster I get more damage reduction. By regening his health every time it would only increase my damage reduction. It would be a very long slow drawn-out fight between two good players. In the end bossk probably would win... An hour later. However most bossks I see are terrible LOL.
  • I don’t understand how the devs can objectively look at Leia & think...

...yeah, she fine as is.

2/3 of her abilities are virtually useless.

She’s virtually useless.

@F8RGE
    PSN: DarthLando-

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Same with Lando. Sharp Shot helps with the Bossk jumpers.

1 Bossk
    2 Han
    3, 4 Leia or Boba
    5, 6 Chewie or Iden
    7, 8 Finn or Phasma

Yeah I guess he can very slowly try to poke at chewy's health, all the while running away and regening. but as chewy I'm going to do the same thing every time he activates micro grenades, and every time I do 200 damage or more with bowcaster I get more damage reduction. By regening his health every time it would only increase my damage reduction. It would be a very long slow drawn-out fight between two good players. In the end bossk probably would win... An hour later. However most bossks I see are terrible LOL.

Yeah the common Bossk does suck, well players in general 😂😂

But think more along the lines of your Bossk friend, or someone like Slid

• Another CT goes by and still no buff
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

You're a legend for this

Absolutely. Won’t let them bring R2 down to such a level. He’s above that.

R2 is proud to uphold the Geneva protocols that justly condemn the use of asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and of all
    analogous liquids, materials or devices in accordance with the general opinion of the civilized world

• As @Lawnmow3rMan pointed out, they buffed her flash grenade description... 😒
  • Leia could use less spread on her rapid fire and great damage reduction with the card while using it.

Or just un-nerf the roll for blaster heroes and un-buff saber tracking and magnetic sabers.

I think I heard that her Flash Grenade disables saber tracking for the duration.
  • Leia could use less spread on her rapid fire and great damage reduction with the card while using it.

Or just un-nerf the roll for blaster heroes and un-buff saber tracking and magnetic sabers.

I think I heard that her Flash Grenade disables saber tracking for the duration.

It helps a bit, but doesn’t do much once a saber gets in her face.

Leia also can’t do anything against a block, so the saber can just turtle and wait out the flash, if they wish.

Without any CC, Leia really struggles against sabers. Even with the changes I suggested, she wouldn’t be that great. Best way to help blasters is to fix rolls and nerf sabers.
  • Leia BF15>
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24

Leia also can’t do anything against a block, so the saber can just turtle and wait out the flash, if they wish.

Without any CC, Leia really struggles against sabers. Even with the changes I suggested, she wouldn’t be that great. Best way to help blasters is to fix rolls and nerf sabers.

I thought that her alt fire goes through block.

I thought that her alt fire goes through block.

Indeed, it does, as it’s splash, but it’s not very suitable for CQC, which is the interaction I was basing that comment around.

Now, if her alt fire was more like Iden’s (like I suggest), it would be much more viable in these interactions.
  • I think my suggestions are reasonable. If they keep her as strictly a blaster hero-

Increased health for staying power (700hp). 3 rolls (for every blaster hero) so she's not saber bait. Make alt fire faster charging but keep the same heat build up (don't touch the homing). Reduce the spread on the E-11 and let it last longer or reduce the recharge time. I'd even accept a reduced animation time while switching. Redo her flash grenade to another grenade or give it damage (50 at least). Let her be able to pick up her shield and redeploy it and let it block some abilities like lightning, maybe dioxis but leave it open to force attacks.
  • She's a jedi so how about she's the 1st & only blaster hero with jedi speed & dodges & force jump. Huge buff
  • I think my suggestions are reasonable. If they keep her as strictly a blaster hero-

Increased health for staying power (700hp). 3 rolls (for every blaster hero) so she's not saber bait. Make alt fire faster charging but keep the same heat build up (don't touch the homing). Reduce the spread on the E-11 and let it last longer or reduce the recharge time. I'd even accept a reduced animation time while switching. Redo her flash grenade to another grenade or give it damage (50 at least). Let her be able to pick up her shield and redeploy it and let it block some abilities like lightning, maybe dioxis but leave it open to force attacks.

Not nearly enough.

Just a worse Han with those changes.
    She's a jedi so how about she's the 1st & only blaster hero with jedi speed & dodges & force jump. Huge buff

I’ve seen this a couple times, and I think it would help a lot.

LS blasters are incredibly grounded and lack mobility. Giving Leia saber mobility would be a great first step in remedying that. Would be canon, as well, so everyone wins.
  • Drop her shield ability all together: useless in HvV, officers carry in GA/CS.

Replace with new ability: Royal Pain:
    Princess Leia uses her sarcastic tongue to beguile and taunt opponents, causing confusion and affecting enemy ability to aim or track her and close teammates.

Half-joking.

(^kind of like her shield 😀)
  • Please buff Leia! 🙏
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Everything is on the cards for tweaks.

• She's a jedi so how about she's the 1st & only blaster hero with jedi speed & dodges & force jump. Huge buff

I like it

Not nearly enough.

Just a worse Han with those changes.
    She's a jedi so how about she's the 1st & only blaster hero with jedi speed & dodges & force jump. Huge buff

I’ve seen this a couple times, and I think it would help a lot.

LS blasters are incredibly grounded and lack mobility. Giving Leia saber mobility would be a great first step in remedying that. Would be canon, as well, so everyone wins.

You go too far and she'll be better than everyone.

3 dodges is a no-brainer. 700 health is equal to Maul (who should have 750 imo) and standard chewbacca. If they keep her as strictly a blaster hero, the suggestions I made are adequate. I honestly don't know what else they could do with the shield other that what I said besides make it heal her and allies faster or something, but the light side already has buffs and damage reduction galore. She needs work individually, not for the entire team. So maybe her alt-fire or her E-11 could be used from inside it. I think that might get abused especially on Crait, Hoth, Geonosis etc. Honestly right now those are the only types of maps I use her for and spamming alt-fire can get you a 40, 50+ killstreak but it's not that fun picking off snipers lol