criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

I don't see why people want jyn and krennic as heroes so much.

Prev13
They're not very great, why weren't heroes added from the han solo movie, we just got a new map and skins really, so how about they just do the same thing with rouge one content, maybe add in new reinforcements from rouge one, there's better heroes to add in my opinion.

Replies

  • holstar1993
    1265 posts Member
    edited September 10
    The director was cool in the previous game.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Why? Hes lame, why not just add in tarkin, general veers, thrawn why not them hmm. Krennic is not really a fighter but thrawn knows martial arts and hes much smarter and calmer than krennic, krennic is just a big cry baby over the death star.

    h55ubu7u8868.gif
    o4vaij6mmv77.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Saber heroes i still want: ezra, the grand inquisitor, ahsoka and ventress, and i would be satisfied, but they could add in krennic and jyn first before anyone else, maybe thrawn and sabine as other blaster heroes.

    gkqgaf7ul0hb.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Saber heroes i still want: ezra, the grand inquisitor, ahsoka and ventress, and i would be satisfied, but they could add in krennic and jyn first before anyone else, maybe thrawn and sabine as other blaster heroes.

    gkqgaf7ul0hb.gif



    What is this link thing that you just posted???
  • I think many would like Seventh Sister added. More when they realize she was voiced by Sara Michelle Geller. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer still has fans.

    She would be a good as her fighting style was all light saber and very little force powers. We don't need more cheap force moves.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Saber heroes i still want: ezra, the grand inquisitor, ahsoka and ventress, and i would be satisfied, but they could add in krennic and jyn first before anyone else, maybe thrawn and sabine as other blaster heroes.

    gkqgaf7ul0hb.gif



    What is this link thing that you just posted???

    What link? Uploading gifs?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Oh i see, it wasn't appearing at first i thought it was a link sorry.
  • Krennic was great in BF1 with his OHK blaster and his droid to hold down objective. Krennic would be a great balance to Leia's secondary fire. Also his Wrath Of The Empire ability would be the counter Yoda and Finn's health buffs.

    Jyn was just as fun to play. Her Truncheon Surge is how Phasma's staff attacks should have been.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Krennic was great in BF1 with his OHK blaster and his droid to hold down objective. Krennic would be a great balance to Leia's secondary fire. Also his Wrath Of The Empire ability would be the counter Yoda and Finn's health buffs.

    Jyn was just as fun to play. Her Truncheon Surge is how Phasma's staff attacks should have been.

    His gun took too long to reload though
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I think many would like Seventh Sister added. More when they realize she was voiced by Sara Michelle Geller. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer still has fans.

    She would be a good as her fighting style was all light saber and very little force powers. We don't need more cheap force moves.



    Na, as cool as she also is i would rather have the grand inquisitor cause hes the GRAND inquisitor, and the seventh sister did use cheap too so i don't know what you're talking about, she used her droids to hold ezra in place and then she pulled him to her with the force, thats kinda cheap, plus maul killed her so easily it didn't take maul much effort to kill her, it probably wouldn't have been so easy if maul was fighting against the grand inquisitor, why do you think he was called the GRAND inquisitor.
  • Every.thread.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • All the other inquisitors wanted to claim the rank of the grand inquisitor by hunting down and trying to kill his slayers, but they all failed, even though the grand inquisitor wasn't dead he was just in hiding after kanan thought he died.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every.thread.


    What do you mean (every tread)!!
  • No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    Would be even easier to add Krennic and Jyn as their weapons and character models were already fully created in the previous game, and are the ideal blaster hero pair.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    Would be even easier to add Krennic and Jyn as their weapons and character models were already fully created in the previous game, and are the ideal blaster hero pair.

    Didn't the devs say if anything was going to be brought over to the previous game, it would take the almost the same amount of time as new content being made? I wouldn't be surprised if Jyn and Krennic will be made from scratch entirely for this game with the Story Group adding suggestions to make them distinct from Battlefront 2015.

    I could see Rogue One content coming tying in with the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series.

    Regarding the amount of Solo content we got, I think more content from Solo could come with the release of a post-Solo Syndicate War sequel series.

    What we've been told from Ron Howard and Jon Kasdan is that what's sprouted from the end of Solo is a syndicate war between Crimson Dawn, the Pykes, and the Hutts with some likelihood of Black Sun and the Crymorah participating. Since a sequel film isn't likely, the only other big medium is a TV series like what they're doing with Obi-Wan (Film was apparently scrapped after Solo bombed so that's why they're making a series.) Lucasfilm is going to invest heavily in TV production in both live-action and animation in the next few years where we won't be getting new films.

    And gathering from Rebels, I'm guessing the Empire gets involved at some point, mostly since they basically took over the Pyke's operations on the Kessel spice mines by Season 1 and we could get a duel between Maul and Vader since Maul stated, " I cannot defeat Vader alone.", meaning they have confronted each other before. And because Maul then runs likely to Malachor where we see him in Rebels, this is when Vader sends the rest of the Inquisitors that Maul hasn't killed yet after him (since we knew he likely killed one Inquisitor to get that current lightsaber).

    And it would be cool to see Han, Chewie, & Lando being caught in the middle of this syndicate war and likely running in with Boba (perhaps their first time meeting each other) and other bounty hunters.

    https://www.slashfilm.com/future-solo-sequels-ron-howard/

  • No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    Would be even easier to add Krennic and Jyn as their weapons and character models were already fully created in the previous game, and are the ideal blaster hero pair.

    No it wouldn't lol they already said that's a lot harder lol which is why we haven't gotten old weapons or maps from the previous game smh
  • rollind24
    5787 posts Member
    edited September 10
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    As opposed to human models? Unless all Twileks look the same to you?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    As opposed to human models? Unless all Twileks look the same to you?

    Wouldn't take much to slightly adjust a twilek. Besides dice is lazy asf so her a would be more likely since they could kinda copy paste her
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    As opposed to human models? Unless all Twileks look the same to you?

    Wouldn't take much to slightly adjust a twilek. Besides dice is lazy asf so her a would be more likely since they could kinda copy paste her

    Again, as opposed to human models?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game

    As opposed to human models? Unless all Twileks look the same to you?

    Wouldn't take much to slightly adjust a twilek. Besides dice is lazy asf so her a would be more likely since they could kinda copy paste her

    Again, as opposed to human models?

    Yeah tbh. All they'd have to do is scan her face & recolor her & most of the work is already done.
  • Are you kidding me?

    We haven't had a proper OT content drop yet.

    Rogue One is the only movie underrepresented.

    We haven't had new blaster heroes since Finn and Phasma.

    Krennic and Jyn are the ideal next blaster hero pair / counters.

    Krennic would also be a great support villain for the dark side, which they need.

    Would also be an excellent opportunity to have those two arrive with Scarif.

    It couldn't be more ideal.
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    I think many would like Seventh Sister added. More when they realize she was voiced by Sara Michelle Geller. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer still has fans.

    She would be a good as her fighting style was all light saber and very little force powers. We don't need more cheap force moves.



    Na, as cool as she also is i would rather have the grand inquisitor cause hes the GRAND inquisitor, and the seventh sister did use cheap too so i don't know what you're talking about, she used her droids to hold ezra in place and then she pulled him to her with the force, thats kinda cheap, plus maul killed her so easily it didn't take maul much effort to kill her, it probably wouldn't have been so easy if maul was fighting against the grand inquisitor, why do you think he was called the GRAND inquisitor.
    A saber hero with idens stun!!!! Reeeeee
  • They don't want saber heroes
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • They don't want saber heroes

    I would really like 2 new blaster heroes as it has been a long time.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    They don't want saber heroes

    I would really like 2 new blaster heroes as it has been a long time.
    Yay, more stuns
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    They don't want saber heroes

    I would really like 2 new blaster heroes as it has been a long time.
    Yay, more stuns
    Maybe we can get them without stuns(god I hate Iden)
  • SnakeMajin
    407 posts Member
    edited September 10
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    See the hero roster as a Smash Bros roster. We get mostly main characters and vilains there. It's no different.
  • They don't want saber heroes

    That's because there's already enough.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited September 10
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

    Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably about or more than the number of people who went to the theaters.
  • lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

    Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

    I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

    It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

    Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited September 10
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

    Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

    I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

    It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

    Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.

    Well, either way, I would've welcomed Solo characters being in the game at some point. Was Alden not a good enough actor for Han like Ewan was for Obi-Wan? I felt he was good enough for to portray a younger version of Han but apparently people kept saying Harrison Ford can't be replaced. Another actor I would've taken from that Solo audition shortlist would've been Logan Lerman. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bearded Alden show up in the Mandalorian Season 2, eventually, if they still have things for him to do past the Last Shot novel.
  • It’s mainly because it’s mainly because Jyn is a BAMF. And Krennic introduces the Deathtroopers into the Canon as Elite Shock troopers. Plus he has a kicking sweet cape
  • They don't want saber heroes

    That's because there's already enough.
    There's never enough saber heroes.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

    Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

    I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

    It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

    Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.

    Well, either way, I would've welcomed Solo characters being in the game at some point. Was Alden not a good enough actor for Han like Ewan was for Obi-Wan? I felt he was good enough for to portray a younger version of Han but apparently people kept saying Harrison Ford can't be replaced. Another actor I would've taken from that Solo audition shortlist would've been Logan Lerman. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bearded Alden show up in the Mandalorian Season 2, eventually, if they still have things for him to do past the Last Shot novel.

    I was fine with his acting.
    He's not lucky because Solo is not an amazing character in the 1st place, with not the most amazing story to tell. Han Solo really only had the Ford aura. Remove it and the character simply doesn't have much to offer.
    My biggest problem with the actor change though is that the Solo film is set too close from ANH. If Solo happened a dozen years earlier it would have been different.

    Mcgregor as Obi-Wan doesn't suffer from all this. He works as a way younger Obi-Wan and is part of a story everyone wanted to see : the Jedi order before the Empire.
  • They don't want saber heroes

    That's because there's already enough.
    There's never enough saber heroes.

    Quite the opposite.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    It’s mainly because it’s mainly because Jyn is a BAMF. And Krennic introduces the Deathtroopers into the Canon as Elite Shock troopers. Plus he has a kicking sweet cape

    Well, Death Troopers actually follows all members of the Tarkin Initiative, other high-rank Imperials including Vader, Pryce, Tolvan, and Gideon, key Death Star shipments like the kyber crystals and secret projects like excavating the Lothal Jedi Temple.

    RCO003.jpg

    RCO004.jpg

    RCO005.jpg

    RCO006.jpg

    RCO011.jpg

    RCO021.jpg

    RCO022.jpg

    RCO023.jpg

    RCO024.jpg

    thawn-death-troopers-zero-hour_39faedac.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

    latest?cb=20180124034556

    wolves-and-a-door-05_27392b63.jpeg?type=w800

    RCO021.jpg

    RCO006.jpg

    maxresdefault.jpg





  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

    It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

    I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

    Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

    I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

    It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

    Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.

    Well, either way, I would've welcomed Solo characters being in the game at some point. Was Alden not a good enough actor for Han like Ewan was for Obi-Wan? I felt he was good enough for to portray a younger version of Han but apparently people kept saying Harrison Ford can't be replaced. Another actor I would've taken from that Solo audition shortlist would've been Logan Lerman. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bearded Alden show up in the Mandalorian Season 2, eventually, if they still have things for him to do past the Last Shot novel.

    I was fine with his acting.
    He's not lucky because Solo is not an amazing character in the 1st place, with not the most amazing story to tell. Han Solo really only had the Ford aura. Remove it and the character simply doesn't have much to offer.
    My biggest problem with the actor change though is that the Solo film is set too close from ANH. If Solo happened a dozen years earlier it would have been different.

    Mcgregor as Obi-Wan doesn't suffer from all this. He works as a way younger Obi-Wan and is part of a story everyone wanted to see : the Jedi order before the Empire.

    Did Donald Glover suffer the same fate when portraying a younger Lando? I'm just wondering about that after you mentioned this.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!