criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Is it true that we can progress our playable characters in Co-Op & Instant Action?

2Next

Replies

• KinAster wrote: »
    Aren’t all cards unlocked to full purple in offline arcade already?

I am not really for or against this, don’t really care if they can or can’t level up offline, just pointing out that cards are already maxed out offline regardless of your online progress.

You are correct, and I feel pretty much the same way.

The leveling offline idea is so people can unlock/upgrade the cards there, for online use. I tend to be against it, but it really doesn’t matter to me.

Offline play is not a good place to get experience for online competition. Personally, I think leveling up your characters/cards offline is more a disservice to yourself, than a benefit.

But whatever...
  • So, it seems, that you can level up your characters in Co-op (look at the Community Calendar). No word about Instant Action progress, but i would be fine with it.
  • So, it seems, that you can level up your characters in Co-op (look at the Community Calendar). No word about Instant Action progress, but i would be fine with it.
    So it appears that Coop won’t be a standard Offline setup, with all purple cards available. I have no problem with it either.
  • I hope so. Thatd be awesome

Just hope the AI are a worthy challenge.

They look like they play better than the player base

It'll be refreshing to have reliable teammates for a change.

I just hope they don't have the abysmal spawning system that's currently in arcade.
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I hope so. Thatd be awesome

They look like they play better than the player base

It'll be refreshing to have reliable teammates for a change.

I just hope they don't have the abysmal spawning system that's currently in arcade.

No, Instant Action uses the Squad Spawn system and the Contextual Spawning (spawning at Command Posts). Co-op has the Squad Spawn system but i don't know about Contextual Spawning.
  • I wonder if offline could allow fot less "bad" teammates?

If casual players are playing more private/offline matches?
  • Darkhand_9 wrote: »
    I wonder if offline could allow fot less "bad" teammates?

If casual players are playing more private/offline matches?

That seems to be 90% of what's left of the playerbase, so either its usually bad teammates or no teammates, take your pick.

Nice, and yeah same
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • CornellAKABCM
    351 posts Member
    edited September 13
    Given the Triple XP Event that happens after the update, it certainly sounds like you can level up in Co-Op. Instant Action is the offline mode, so I'm guessing you'll already have all your cards maxed out for that.
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • I hope so. Thatd be awesome

With the new AI code, they WILL BE!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • AI plays the objective more than 70% of players
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • I think I'm ok with online co-op progress.

I hope it is good because, even in Boots On The Ground right now, matchmaking still puts all of the sweaty reinforcement spammers on the enemy team...
  • Would be dumb. There should only be progression online.

Well, Co-Op is online, so it works.
  • Would be dumb. There should only be progression online.

Well, Co-Op is online, so it works.
    You know exactly what I meant.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif