criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Bossk Is God Tier Defending the Capital Ship

Just lay some grenades on the last phase in the middle door and watch them clones fly

Replies

• Both rooms need to be open again
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Can Yoda still block the mines?Haven't tried this in awhile
  • Can Yoda still block the mines?Haven't tried this in awhile

I dont think so, unleash doesnt block explosive dmg now.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• If a Jedi catches you, you are still dead. But if you have a team that can keep the jedi off your back, you can keep the enemy off the objective very well.
  • "Was", past tense. before the roger roger update. My opinion anywho...
  • Bossk is god-tier defending objectives on almost any map. Endor's final phase of GA has gotten me my best matches in this game. Lot of fun playing him on Starkiller Base's final phase too.
  • Yeah. I did this last night. All three of his abilities... They just aren’t getting through that door.
  • DXlolman wrote: »
    Or just run in as Anakin in to those mines and Hold a Heroic might as they go off, only a scratch and a fully charged Heroic might is the outcome. Easily kill Bossk in 4 hits. And the rest with all the back up behind you.

More like bossk jumps out of the way, immediately places down 5 extra mines, then wipes you out with his unblockable grenade launcher and poison. Don’t forget about all the troops and reinforcements shooting you as well.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • He’s pretty powerful

That is until a good clone aerial player flies over you and kills you in a few shots.
  • He used to be before his jump got nerfed. Heroes and jet packs can take care of him pretty easily.
  • I straight up saw Bossk just hold down the ship single handedly. With him and darth maul running around like crazy there was nothing we could do. I just sat back and watched.

Now truth be told that bossk and that Darth maul were really good players. Nevertheless it was pretty impressive
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Let's face it, Bossk is great for GA/CS but utter trash for HvV. Before his "nerf(s) Bossk was the MOST balanced Hero for both GA/CS and HvV. Bossk in HvV is a free kill, it's sad, I love playing Bossk in HvV especially, but I just can't get away from 10 foot Lightsaber swings while everyone else who's not "natural" at jumping 10+ feet in the air mow you down in seconds as you bump your head on a invisible ceiling as you jump in the air as Bossk then forcefully sent back to the ground. His jump animation and movement is utter trash. But it's ok if all the Sith's and Jedi's jump 10 feet the air still and never got a "nerf" to their height, it's just gotta be Bossk because he jumped too high so the little lightsaber wielding kiddies can hit him right? Give me a break...….DICE messing up a natural height jumping species character to be in tune with the other blaster Hero's, plain and simple. So now, you have the Bossk users who see that this is a issue and are more or less hoping DICE reverting Bossk's correct jump height prior to his "height" nerf. Will DICE budge on this notion? I'm going to guess it'll be reverted when Hell actually freezes over IRL.
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • He used to be before his jump got nerfed. Heroes and jet packs can take care of him pretty easily.

I HATED his old jump. Against infantry it was fine but if you're in GA or CS and a saber hero finds you, you're toast with the old jump. You hang in the air, and you have no defense against saber swings, and you're dying just hanging in the air if you're out of combat rolls. You were a sitting duck for saber heroes with the old jump so when it comes to hero play, I'll take the new one over the old one.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1566 posts Member
    edited September 11
    20 assault run through, what is 6 mines going to do. Bossk is nothing if the team is aggressive. Try coming in 2 at a time then one death trooper can hold.
  • BRISKET wrote: »
    Let's face it, Bossk is great for GA/CS but utter trash for HvV. Before his "nerf(s) Bossk was the MOST balanced Hero for both GA/CS and HvV. Bossk in HvV is a free kill, it's sad, I love playing Bossk in HvV especially, but I just can't get away from 10 foot Lightsaber swings while everyone else who's not "natural" at jumping 10+ feet in the air mow you down in seconds as you bump your head on a invisible ceiling as you jump in the air as Bossk then forcefully sent back to the ground. His jump animation and movement is utter trash. But it's ok if all the Sith's and Jedi's jump 10 feet the air still and never got a "nerf" to their height, it's just gotta be Bossk because he jumped too high so the little lightsaber wielding kiddies can hit him right? Give me a break...….DICE messing up a natural height jumping species character to be in tune with the other blaster Hero's, plain and simple. So now, you have the Bossk users who see that this is a issue and are more or less hoping DICE reverting Bossk's correct jump height prior to his "height" nerf. Will DICE budge on this notion? I'm going to guess it'll be reverted when Hell actually freezes over IRL.

Free kill? What? He’s still amazing and better than 90% of the saber characters in HvV. I am upset they nerfed his jump height, though it’s not too much of an issue.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Sorry Bossk is very team dependent in hvv. If you have a good team, he can shine. Pre made better yet.

If your team leaves you on your own, you are a free kill against even decent saber players.

Of course individual results may vary.
  • Both rooms need to be open again

Agree. DICE just loves them choke points. It's like if the naboo chokepoint in ga only had one door available to open.