criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

When are Anakin tweaks(positive ones) incoming?

Prev1
While Anakin is still a strong hero in HvV & his steamroll card turns him into a top tier defensive hero it is just a band-aid to try & cover his flaws. Like Obi-Wan he has a useless right ability yet Obi-Wan is going to see a new & improved defensive rush. Anakin's Passionate strike is a joke of a move & is useless against saber heroes without using pull. So it is at its most useful when they're not blocking.

It is easily dodged & is the most telegraphed move in the game.

Suggested buff which isn't to much too ask is the entire 170 damage to be part of the downward swing. Currently if you miss the upward swing it's 130. Really 130 for a heavy "block breaking" strike? m713jdnwi0qx.png

170 damage for the downward slam & a increase in speed. To slow & avoidable.

Old Ben spin
This move

Looks like this

lkpfvpbqstpy.gif

Can it instead look like this

Tenacious

Just rework this card into a health regen card. The most useless health card in the game. He still dies in 7 swings & blasters like phasma kill him in the same amount of time

Took 3 seconds with & without the card. Vader & whoever deals 130 damage kill him in 7 swings with & without the card & iden kills him in 6 secondaries no matter what. Why equip this card? Supposed to be a bonus when in actuality does nothing.

Allow him to regen 350 health with said card. Current card is so useless it's sad.

Just wondering

Replies

• Raices
    1275 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Maybe they could make it a lunge attack. One with a decent range.

Like Luke's rush in BF15 or Dengar's lunge.
  • While Anakin is still a strong hero in HvV & his steamroll card turns him into a top tier defensive hero it is just a band-aid to try & cover his flaws. Like Obi-Wan he has a useless right ability yet Obi-Wan is going to see a new & improved defensive rush. Anakin's Passionate strike is a joke of a move & is useless against saber heroes without using pull. So it is at its most useful when they're not blocking.

Suggested buff which isn't to much too ask is the entire 170 damage to be part of the downward swing. Currently if you miss the upward swing it's 130. Really 130 for a heavy "block breaking" strike? m713jdnwi0qx.png

Old Ben spin
    This move

Looks like this

lkpfvpbqstpy.gif

Tenacious

Just rework this card into a health regen card. The most useless health card in the game. He still dies in 7 swings & blasters like phasma kill him in the same amount of time

Took 3 seconds with & without the card. Vader & whoever deals 130 damage kill him in 7 swings with & without the card & iden kills him in 6 secondaries no matter what. Why equip this card? Supposed to be a bonus when in actuality does nothing.

Allow him to regen 350 health with said card. Current card is so useless it's sad.

Just wondering

I’m not sure why Anakin has more stuff for defense now with Steamroll. I love it, but Anakin is supposed to play offensively, hence why he practices Djem-So. I’d trade it for a shorter cooldown Starcard.

Passionate Strike just straight up needs to be reworked. You can make it a Frenzy like Starcard.
    Refrence:0o7l5199d7e8.gif

Or that one move he does in AOTC when dashing towards Dooku.
    have no gif for this one, sorry.

Thats all of my 2 cents.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• Rinku wrote: »
    While Anakin is still a strong hero in HvV & his steamroll card turns him into a top tier defensive hero it is just a band-aid to try & cover his flaws. Like Obi-Wan he has a useless right ability yet Obi-Wan is going to see a new & improved defensive rush. Anakin's Passionate strike is a joke of a move & is useless against saber heroes without using pull. So it is at its most useful when they're not blocking.

Old Ben spin
    This move

Looks like this

lkpfvpbqstpy.gif

Tenacious

Just wondering

I’m not sure why Anakin has more stuff for defense now with Steamroll. I love it, but Anakin is supposed to play offensively, hence why he practices Djem-So. I’d trade it for a shorter cooldown Starcard.

Passionate Strike just straight up needs to be reworked. You can make it a Frenzy like Starcard.
    Refrence:0o7l5199d7e8.gif

Or that one move he does in AOTC when dashing towards Dooku.
    have no gif for this one, sorry.

Thats all of my 2 cents.

Idk but I love it. Allows him to stay on the offensive more & balances out his stamina.

I like that. Forgot he did that move in the show.
  • I do see what u mean but I think the damage is fine and I agree with it needing to be faster. It's only viable use atm is using it on wake up after knocking down a hero. Or just a thought perhaps it could actually deal stamina damage, I think this would make it even more usefull for putting on the pressure.
  • Maybe they could make it a lunge attack. One with a decent range.

Like when he fought dooku in episode 2? That would be dope
  • DiamondxStyles
    405 posts Member
    edited September 10
    There will only be one animation I want to be Passionate Strike

the twirly swing at 2:30. He also does this same move on Obi Wan

And that isn't a bad idea to make Tenacious a regen card. He's the only one of the four added Jedi that didn't get one. But if Tenacious was returned to 150 like before, it would increase the health enough to have a use as well
  • Maybe they could make it a lunge attack. One with a decent range.

Like when he fought dooku in episode 2? That would be dope

Or maybe have it like Vader’s base lunge attack from sprinting. Passionate Strike could maybe have that distance, but also from standing still.

They are the same guy after all.
  • Another one of these threads?

Anakin is fixed. He doesn't need tweaks and certainly doesn't need buffs, nor are these gonna happen anyway as he's working as intended.

Gotta move on.
    Yup. There are far worse Heroes in this game that need buffs and far bigger issues than buffing Anakin.

• Dude. I swear you need your own forum. Go start a blog
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Anakin is fixed. He doesn't need tweaks and certainly doesn't need buffs, nor are these gonna happen anyway as he's working as intended.

Gotta move on.
    Yup. There are far worse Heroes in this game that need buffs and far bigger issues than buffing Anakin.

I agree with that, but PS does need a buff. It's a trash ability
  • JediJulius
    585 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Another one of these threads?

Gotta move on.

Anakin is mostly fixed, but come on Passionate Strike is pretty bad atm, especially outside of the pull combo.
  • I would gladly give up Retribution if they could get him to how he was at launch

Gotta move on.

PS deals damage through blocking characters. Already does what it's supposed to.

You can literally combo pull with heroic might then passionate strike. Every time. And if people want it to deal extra damage then they've got the star card for that.

Works as intended. Because Anakin is fixed.

It should be a viable ability outside the combo though. I'm not an Ani fanboy by any means, but it is the most easily dodged ability in the game and it should either be speed up or have a small damage buff. The combo is the only time you're really gonna land it(unless you're playing scrubs). Just sayin

Gotta move on.

Leia is confirmed to be have buffs incoming. Rey just needs dash strike to be useful & dooku needs a rework & phasma will always be trash. Nah he needs tweaking

Gotta move on.

PS deals damage through blocking characters. Already does what it's supposed to.

You can literally combo pull with heroic might then passionate strike. Every time. And if people want it to deal extra damage then they've got the star card for that.

Works as intended. Because Anakin is fixed.

It should be a viable ability outside the combo though. I'm not an Ani fanboy by any means, but it is the most easily dodged ability in the game and it should either be speed up or have a small damage buff. The combo is the only time you're really gonna land it(unless you're playing scrubs). Just sayin

This. Gotta be going up scrubs or use the combo to hit it

Gotta move on.

It works fine for me. I hit people all the time with it and I see other people use it effectively all the time too. It requires some thought. Don’t remove that aspect. Anakin already has many push-random-buttons-to-win combos, no need for more rewards for just pushing buttons.

Gotta move on.

It works fine for me. I hit people all the time with it and I see other people use it effectively all the time too. It requires some thought. Don’t remove that aspect. Anakin already has many push-random-buttons-to-win combos, no need for more rewards for just pushing buttons.

Then you play alot of scrubs(which I believe cause there are so many). Any good player will dodge it every time unless it's done as part of Anis combo.

Gotta move on.

Then you play alot of scrubs(which I believe cause there are so many). Any good player will dodge it every time unless it's done as part of Anis combo.
    I politely disagree, there are many ways to bait dodges and blocks with this ability on hand which makes it very useful. All you have to do if follow their dodges and PS as they’ve raised their block and boom. It’s not as hard as some people think.

Gotta move on.

I politely disagree, there are many ways to bait dodges and blocks with this ability on hand which makes it very useful. All you have to do if follow their dodges and PS as they’ve raised their block and boom. It’s not as hard as some people think.

If you bait me to dodge and I run out of them I'm just going to jump. I get what you're saying and yes, you can do that against subpar or average players but above average players, nah. I just think the animation should be sped up. Other than that hes fine.
  • Fair enough. Although I think the damage should be upped a bit, from what I’ve heard the final hit only does like 130 damage which is pretty bad.
  • Fair enough. Although I think the damage should be upped a bit, from what I’ve heard the final hit only does like 130 damage which is pretty bad.

Yeah I'd also agree with that. It's still pretty easy to top the HvV scoreboard with him and hes a beast in large scale as well.

Gotta move on.

I agree but if your up against a player who knows how to time Thier doges and use them efficiently then I'd imagine it would be rather difficult to land, aswell as the fact it can be predicted easily and doged easily
  • DiamondxStyles
    405 posts Member
    edited September 11
    David1543 wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Anakin is meant to be trash to be honest, he got schooled and embarrassed throughout the entire prequel and original triology and only won like 1 legit duel lol. Heroes should all be weak because they're not that important, but to be honest of all the heroes Anakin is actually the best if you're at the very least a decent player. Stop asking for buffs man.

I bet you didn't see Star Wars movies or TCW.

They are awesome, you should watch them before play to a star wars game

It is true, according to the movies he only beat count dooku in the prequels (some theorize he was allowed to win) and as Vader he could barely beat his son in EP V who was not even a fully trained Jedi lol. If you're a true star wars fan you know what happened in every other duel.

Lmaooo, it doesn't matter what "some theorize". They get that from the book where Palpatine tells Dooku Anakin has become as powerful as Sidious himself, and that Dooku should try to turn Anakin. He tells him the plan is to surrender because the separatists were always meant to lose.

Throughout the course of the fight however, Dooku immediately changes the "plan" after he realizes Anakin is too powerful, and he is forced to do everything he can simply to stay alive. He would kill them if he could.
    "Dooku decided that the comedy had ended.
    Now it was time to kill."

"No sense taking chances; even his Master would agree with that. Lord Sidious could come up with a new plan more easily than a new apprentice."

This is after Anakin was abusing him and overpowering him

Btw, Dooku was second only to Yoda, and he was able to match Yoda. He wasn't able to match Anakin
    This is the death of Count Dooku: A starburst of clarity blossoms within Anakin Skywalker's mind, when he says to himself Oh. I get it, now and discovers that the fear within his heart can be a weapon, too. It is that simple, and that complex. And it is final. Dooku is dead already. The rest is mere detail. The play is still on; the comedy of lightsabers flashes and snaps and hisses. Dooku and Skywalker, a one-time-only command performance, for an audience of one. Jedi and Sith and Sith and Jedi, spinning, whirling, crashing together, slashing and chopping, parrying, binding, slipping and whipping and ripping the air around them with snarls of power. And all for nothing, because a nuclear flame has consumed Anakin Skywalker's Jedi restraint, and fear becomes fury without effort, and fury is a blade that makes his lightsaber into a toy. The play goes on, but the suspense is over. It has become mere pantomime, as intricate and as meaningless as the space-time curves that guide galactic clusters through a measureless cosmos. Dooku's decades of combat experience are irrelevant. His mastery of swordplay is useless. His vast wealth, his political influence, impeccable breeding, immaculate manners, exquisite taste—the pursuits and points of pride to which he has devoted so much of his time and attention over the long, long years of his life—are now chains hung upon his spirit, bending his neck before the ax.

This is Anakin Skywalker. The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close.
    He is the best there is at what he does.
    The best there has ever been.
    And he knows it

Just like the majority of people, you might not like Anakin, and you might not want to accept it, but he's still going to be the most powerful whether you 'like it' or want to LOL at it
  • Obi wan cut his legs off whilst he was doing a flip, a good trick in his books, unfortunately not this time. Not so unbeaten
  • Yes, most people think he's fine now. There is no Anakin hate conspiracy lol. He's among the most popular Star Wars characters.

He's not ruining lobbies anymore and he's more than viable in any game mode.

Move along...
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Anakin is meant to be trash to be honest, he got schooled and embarrassed throughout the entire prequel and original triology and only won like 1 legit duel lol. Heroes should all be weak because they're not that important, but to be honest of all the heroes Anakin is actually the best if you're at the very least a decent player. Stop asking for buffs man.

It is true, according to the movies he only beat count dooku in the prequels (some theorize he was allowed to win) and as Vader he could barely beat his son in EP V who was not even a fully trained Jedi lol. If you're a true star wars fan you know what happened in every other duel.

The prequels never managed to show Anakin’s full power. In TCW Anakin puts down two of the most powerful force users or perhaps even the literal incarnations of the dark and the light with ease.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• XAnakin93 wrote: »

He lost to Obi-Wan cause of his arrogance, not because he was weaker.

His arrogance was his weakness.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

His arrogance was his weakness.

Vader's weakness. Yes.
  • He is perfectly balanced as is. Can make insane killstreaks, is incredibly useful in hvv, and can also be countered. I'm tired of seeing these Ani fanboys upset that their ball of destruction and op abilities got nerfed as he should have been. Let's move on to more pressing matters like fixing the hitboxes PROPERLY before doing anymore balancing to heroes that have been balanced PROPERLY
  • MenToes wrote: »
    He is perfectly balanced as is. Can make insane killstreaks, is incredibly useful in hvv, and can also be countered. I'm tired of seeing these Ani fanboys upset that their ball of destruction and op abilities got nerfed as he should have been. Let's move on to more pressing matters like fixing the hitboxes PROPERLY before doing anymore balancing to heroes that have been balanced PROPERLY

Did you read this or you just decided to type away. My guess is the latter. I said he's strong & he's balanced in GA. I suggested tweaks & didn't really say buff this or that. Passionate strike is a joke & the 2 hit requirement is unnecessary, his health card doesn't do anything for him & is better off as a health regen card. Properly nerfed to much
  • Used Ani after a while on the roll backed patch and he's still pretty alright...

PS not a trash ability but fully usable in between a combo or on an enemy stunned/blocking + cornered. The animation speedup will make it far more useful on it's own in games like CS/GA...but in between a combo it's a still usable in those modes .

Instead I want his saber swing speed tweaked, at times he randomly slows down like Dooku and swings doesn't seem to flow well like others.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Used Ani after a while on the roll backed patch and he's still pretty alright...

PS not a trash ability but fully usable in between a combo or on an enemy stunned/blocking + cornered. The animation speedup will make it far more useful on it's own in games like CS/GA...but in between a combo it's a still usable in those modes .

Instead I want his saber swing speed tweaked, at times he randomly slows down like Dooku and swings doesn't seem to flow well like others.

It's trash for is designed purpose. Not hitting anyone with that using the move by itself. Worse block breaker I've seen in a video game.

Yeah his swings are getting slower each patch
    I love how people still can't understand prequels ROFL

"He is the most powerful jedi of his generation"

Ehm, no.
    Do you know how many Jedi Yoda trained? Please.

He lost to Dooku only in episode II, and he did better than Obi-Wan.

In the TCW show he literally 1 v 1 Dooku everytime near to win.

He killed Cin Dralig, one of the most skilled jedi master with the lightsaber

Obi did a lot better. Ani got oneshotted would be dead if Obi wasn’t there to stall dooku.
    And in TCW Dooku always had an advantage.
    Only in ep.3 could Obi and Ani hope to defeat him.
    And Cin almost beat Anakin.(still a very impressive accomplishment for Vador)
  • David1543 wrote: »

Lmaooo, it doesn't matter what "some theorize". They get that from the book where Palpatine tells Dooku Anakin has become as powerful as Sidious himself, and that Dooku should try to turn Anakin. He tells him the plan is to surrender because the separatists were always meant to lose.

Throughout the course of the fight however, Dooku immediately changes the "plan" after he realizes Anakin is too powerful, and he is forced to do everything he can simply to stay alive. He would kill them if he could.
    "Dooku decided that the comedy had ended.
    Now it was time to kill."

"No sense taking chances; even his Master would agree with that. Lord Sidious could come up with a new plan more easily than a new apprentice."

This is after Anakin was abusing him and overpowering him

Btw, Dooku was second only to Yoda, and he was able to match Yoda. He wasn't able to match Anakin
    This is the death of Count Dooku: A starburst of clarity blossoms within Anakin Skywalker's mind, when he says to himself Oh. I get it, now and discovers that the fear within his heart can be a weapon, too. It is that simple, and that complex. And it is final. Dooku is dead already. The rest is mere detail. The play is still on; the comedy of lightsabers flashes and snaps and hisses. Dooku and Skywalker, a one-time-only command performance, for an audience of one. Jedi and Sith and Sith and Jedi, spinning, whirling, crashing together, slashing and chopping, parrying, binding, slipping and whipping and ripping the air around them with snarls of power. And all for nothing, because a nuclear flame has consumed Anakin Skywalker's Jedi restraint, and fear becomes fury without effort, and fury is a blade that makes his lightsaber into a toy. The play goes on, but the suspense is over. It has become mere pantomime, as intricate and as meaningless as the space-time curves that guide galactic clusters through a measureless cosmos. Dooku's decades of combat experience are irrelevant. His mastery of swordplay is useless. His vast wealth, his political influence, impeccable breeding, immaculate manners, exquisite taste—the pursuits and points of pride to which he has devoted so much of his time and attention over the long, long years of his life—are now chains hung upon his spirit, bending his neck before the ax.

This is Anakin Skywalker. The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close.
    He is the best there is at what he does.
    The best there has ever been.
    And he knows it

Just like the majority of people, you might not like Anakin, and you might not want to accept it, but he's still going to be the most powerful whether you 'like it' or want to LOL at it

Heheheh... This mumbo-jumbo again. Two words...

Obi-Wan Kenobi.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Ehm, no.

Obi did a lot better. Ani got oneshotted would be dead if Obi wasn’t there to stall dooku.

Ok bro XD

Obi-Wan did a better duel vs Dooku than Anakin.
    Ok bro.
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Ehm, no.

Ok bro XD

Obi-Wan did a better duel vs Dooku than Anakin.
    Ok bro.

Anakin got oneshotted. Don’t remember it?
  • While Anakin is still a strong hero in HvV & his steamroll card turns him into a top tier defensive hero it is just a band-aid to try & cover his flaws. Like Obi-Wan he has a useless right ability yet Obi-Wan is going to see a new & improved defensive rush. Anakin's Passionate strike is a joke of a move & is useless against saber heroes without using pull. So it is at its most useful when they're not blocking.

Old Ben spin
    This move

Looks like this

lkpfvpbqstpy.gif

Tenacious

Just wondering

If you think Anakin needs a both either a buff or nerf you truly are garbage at this game. I have killed countless Anakins and have killed many other players with Anakin. Get the **** over if you GD **** player. Play some LEGO Star Wars if this is too much for you.