criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Darth Vader & Swing Spammers Discussion

Before I say anything, this is not me complaining about the game and demanding changes just because I'm not a good player. I am a very good player, been playing since the beta and I've loved the game. Unfortunately, players like me are plagued by ridiculous things like swing spammers. This is where I want to talk about Darth Vader, and in general lightsaber heroes.

Now I don't know whether Darth Vader has 10 swings now or still has 8. But I have just played a game of HvV and holy jesus, I ran out of stamina within 10 seconds just from blocking a swing spammer, stamina recovery ain't worth a damn because I run out, and as I dodge my stamina is still empty so I'm practically defenceless. I personally believe Vader could do with a stamina buff, he is fairly weak in that aspect.

Now yes, I have read the table posted by @F8RGE when the Lightsaber Combat was changed earlier this March, and Vader does have good melee deflect stamina. But the problem isn't mainly the stamina, it's the swing spammers. I hope that DICE do something that could punish players for swing spamming, like say, if they use above 3 swings in a row and don't damage anything, then they drain 50% stamina, or something like that. I just really hope something is done, this is getting highly toxic now and makes HvV a pain. :(

Replies

• CC_1010
    1801 posts Member
    edited September 11
    Normally it’s Vader maul and Rey that actually swing spam.

But I know what you mean it’s annoying.
    Post edited by CC_1010 on
  • Right now Rey and Obi OHK'ing his stamina with one shot is the problem and not to mention that every other LS saber users have a spam card. He's still in the average mark even with 8 swings but for a boss character he's very mediocre. I just play him super defensively to get decent kills in HvV or else he's an easy kill if someone plays him as the lead attacker. Definitely needs some McLovin stamina buff or damage boost when in FR...
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    1406 posts Member
    edited September 10
    d5e5yaeqjure.gif
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I don't understand why they changed his stamina back to 8 strikes again.

It was originally 8 strikes after the stamina overhaul. It was then rightfully buffed to 10 strikes at the community's request.

And now they've nerfed it back to 8 strikes....because they can? What was the reason? The only thing I can think of is they thought it would be fair to nerf it and then invent his new stamina-on-kill card, but nerfing something to force players to equip a lackluster card is not smart.

Change it back to 10 strikes already.

• I wouldn’t mind swing spam if the game actually worked properly.

Watching someone mash their attack button as fast as possible; go through my blocks, lunge across the map, cancel my abilities, make me 180 each time they hit my block, track me through rolls, hit me through rolls, etc etc is incredibly aggravating.
  • Swing spammers need harsh punishment in-game.

This is why i preferred the good old block staggering - gave more substance that I was actually blocking with a lightsaber or hitting one. Plus it created a small window to retreat when you're low on everything. Anyway let's see what punishment this September patch brings...hope Vader is looked into or those stamina OHK moves are gone.
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    710 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Right now Rey and Obi OHK'ing his stamina with one shot is the problem and not to mention that every other LS saber users have a spam card. He's still in the average mark even with 8 swings but for a boss character he's very mediocre. I just play him super defensively to get decent kills in HvV or else he's an easy kill if someone plays him as the lead attacker. Definitely needs some McLovin stamina buff or damage boost when in FR...

The thing is, I play defensively with Vader and it's pointless blocking, because in the blink of an eye your stamina is gone and guess what, your dead for the 10th time in one match, it's f**king stupid. Swing spammers need harsh punishment in-game.

So you are one of those block spammers
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Swing spammers need harsh punishment in-game.

This is why i preferred the good old block staggering - gave more substance that I was actually blocking with a lightsaber or hitting one. Plus it created a small window to retreat when you're low on everything. Anyway let's see what punishment this September patch brings...hope Vader is looked into or those stamina OHK moves are gone.

It was annyoing.Most player only spammed block every time.
    Right now Rey and Obi OHK'ing his stamina with one shot is the problem and not to mention that every other LS saber users have a spam card. He's still in the average mark even with 8 swings but for a boss character he's very mediocre. I just play him super defensively to get decent kills in HvV or else he's an easy kill if someone plays him as the lead attacker. Definitely needs some McLovin stamina buff or damage boost when in FR...

The thing is, I play defensively with Vader and it's pointless blocking, because in the blink of an eye your stamina is gone and guess what, your dead for the 10th time in one match, it's f**king stupid. Swing spammers need harsh punishment in-game.

I'm fairly sure block spammers aren't as toxic as swing spammers, and no I don't block all of the time, because my stamina is often empty and dodging is/was pretty much useless because your enemy still manages to swiftly do a 180 and kills you.
  • DiamondxStyles
    405 posts Member
    edited September 11

I'm fairly sure block spammers aren't as toxic as swing spammers, and no I don't block all of the time, because my stamina is often empty and dodging is/was pretty much useless because your enemy still manages to swiftly do a 180 and kills you.

I don't want to be impolite, but that is all your fault. It's a skill problem if you allowed your opponent to get behind you and strike you, especially if it happens consistently. Consider upping your sensitivity drastically, or practice reflexively responding to attacks while you're blocking.

Btw, if they did dash behind you or do a 180 to attack your back, then they definitely weren't "spamming".

And block spammers were more toxic than "spammers" because it was unprecedented in a video game to go 5 minutes and tie without needing any sort of skill to stay alive. Never has a fighting game allowed you to be "safe" by simply hitting two buttons continuously.

I can easily handle a little spammer. Spammers are easy kills. Block spammers made the game boredom to play in HSD
  • OcDoc
    1828 posts Member
    I feel like the stamina system can be really good if they...

A. Make the block reliable and...
    B. Make it so the block is sustainable enough that if someone spam swings you while blocking you can turn things right around on them and get the kill.

Right now neither of those things are in play. Even IF (big IF) I block someone’s spam swing to the point they lose all stamina, I can’t turn around and have enough swings available to kill the opponent with my saber alone. Usually there is only enough stamina for maybe a swing or two and the rest must be force abilities and trying to recover stamina before they do.

If we can get that fixed, I would really feel a lot better about ditching the stagger system which had a really bad aesthetic. Right now the ability to counter a single opponents misuse of offense is not where it should be.

In the meantime... I don’t rely on blocking as a viable way to win engagements in HvV. I rely heavily on positioning, dodging, timing, use of map design and countering force abilities to win engagements and it overall works well but I really want blocking to do more than just block force abilities. I simply can’t trust blocking in this game against an opponent’s saber or even blasters at times.
  • I wouldn’t mind swing spam if the game actually worked properly.

Watching someone mash their attack button as fast as possible; go through my blocks, lunge across the map, cancel my abilities, make me 180 each time they hit my block, track me through rolls, hit me through rolls, etc etc is incredibly aggravating.

***** THIS!!!..i honestly wouldnt mind the spamming if the game wasn't so *****.Even dodging behind someone gets you got up cause of the tracking,im not pro but when it first came out i was clappin cheeks and taking souls but they started messing with the characters and their stamina and now i cant even hold my own as long as i use to all because im getting hit through block and glitched back to the same spot i dodged from and get stun locked because of it.I want to say it might be a connection issues but i see the same thing happen to other people ally or enemy,and on top of that the service i got is what they would use in office buildings for computers,smart tv's etcs sooooo i really dont know.It makes zero sense for someone to stagger after attacking a blocking opponent(at least in the star wars universe) but im wishing they would revert back to that,thats a good enough punishment for spammers

I don't want to be impolite, but that is all your fault. It's a skill problem if you allowed your opponent to get behind you and strike you, especially if it happens consistently. Consider upping your sensitivity drastically, or practice reflexively responding to attacks while you're blocking.

Btw, if they did dash behind you or do a 180 to attack your back, then they definitely weren't "spamming".

And block spammers were more toxic than "spammers" because it was unprecedented in a video game to go 5 minutes and tie without needing any sort of skill to stay alive. Never has a fighting game allowed you to be "safe" by simply hitting two buttons continuously.

I can easily handle a little spammer. Spammers are easy kills. Block spammers made the game boredom to play in HSD

I don't mean to sound like an *****, but is it my fault that I get into 1v1 fights with swing spammers that drain all of my stamina and leave me defenceless. And my sensitivity is 70% thank you very much, so don't just assume that I have the lowest sensitivity ever, causing me to lose these fights. Also, yes they do spam, because they swing their lightsaber draining all of their stamina and then dodge through me and have their stamina filled back up, so don't blame me for blocking as that is pretty much my only defense against these toxic *******kers.
    Very mediocre. An easy kill. Hmm.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • @DiamondxStyles DICE should just killswitch all of the saber heroes whilst they rehaul the lightsaber combat system because honestly it is a f**king joke. I used to play HvV all of the time and now I can't even be bothered to pick a saber hero, I'd just stay as a trooper. And don't dare blame me for having "lack of skill" because everyone knows how toxic hero combat is and it can't be denied. I am not going to be blamed for a fault in the game's system.

Huhhhhhhhh
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Very mediocre. An easy kill. Hmm.

Hmm indeed

I don't mean to sound like an *****, but is it my fault that I get into 1v1 fights with swing spammers that drain all of my stamina

That's fine. I was being blunt, so your attitude isn't unwarranted, but to answer your question, yes it pretty much is your fault.
    and leave me defenceless

How are you so defenceless if you have three abilities per character, two dashes, and your own lightsaber as well?
    And my sensitivity is 70% thank you very much, so don't just assume that I have the lowest sensitivity ever, causing me to lose these fights.

I made a reasonable assumption based on the fact that you failed to respond to a 180 from behind. If not for lack of sensitivity, then what seems to be the problem with dashing and turning around as well?

First of all, if it's a 1v1, abilities decide combat. If someone spams your block, one, or a couple lateral dashes any direction but backwards will create space. Then you likely have an Ability. Abilities are the deciding factor in fights. So use a Choke, HM, Pull+Frenzy, Defensive Rush, RMT, Dash strike, Repulse, annnnnnything. If they are "spamming" then it shouldn't be so hard to knock them
    Also, yes they do spam, because they swing their lightsaber draining all of their stamina and then dodge through me and have their stamina filled back up

And you sit there and let them spam away all of your stamina with front facing attacks, without using a couple lateral dashes or an ability, let them gain all of their own stamina back, and then get annoyed that they kill you?
    so don't blame me for blocking as that is pretty much my only defense against these toxic *******kers.

Definitely more defenses against that. I'm pretty sure they're complete noobs. I doubt they're intentionally toxic. Most swing spammers I see barely even know 'how or when' to block or dash.
  • @DiamondxStyles DICE should just killswitch all of the saber heroes whilst they rehaul the lightsaber combat system because honestly it is a f**king joke. I used to play HvV all of the time and now I can't even be bothered to pick a saber hero, I'd just stay as a trooper.

I definitely wouldn't mind a rework to lightsaber combat. It's entirely too basic.
    And don't dare blame me for having "lack of skill" because everyone knows how toxic hero combat is and it can't be denied. I am not going to be blamed for a fault in the game's system.

I'm blaming you for just sitting there with your block raised. Or at least, that's how you made it sound. I wouldn't know whether you had "a lack of skill" because it sounds like you didn't even show up to the fight in the first place. You just sat there pressing LT (L2) or holding the keyboard down.
  • @CT_ShadowTrooper Look dude. Do you have an Xbox, because I wouldn't mind helping you if I can
  • I just have to laugh a little....Isn't this whole HVV mode essentially swing spammers? I mean, that's basically every match I play.....Just run in a group of 4 and spam away with sabers.

• tts42572 wrote: »
    I just have to laugh a little....Isn't this whole HVV mode essentially swing spammers? I mean, that's basically every match I play.....Just run in a group of 4 and spam away with sabers.

Pretty much. 90% of players are just thumbless grubs waiting to be converted into health
    I just have to laugh a little....Isn't this whole HVV mode essentially swing spammers? I mean, that's basically every match I play.....Just run in a group of 4 and spam away with sabers.

Pretty much. 90% of players are just thumbless grubs waiting to be converted into health

Anybody need a band name? I think Thumbless Grubs is available. ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • You know what, I'm not even gonna bother complaining about it, swing spammers will always have the winning side until the lightsaber system is "revamped" which is pretty much never. I understand DICE are doing their best to fix it but we're never going to have a good lightsaber system because of toxic players. I'm done.
  • Maybe against you