criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Scum and Villainy Tier 3 anybody have any suggestions, can't beat it.

808Exile
13 posts Member
edited September 10
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for Scum and Villainy Tier 3 as I'm having a bear of a time beating it. I've played as both Bossk and Boba Fett and I just can''t seem to beat it. If I find myself a nice defensible position they don't spawn fast enough and the timer runs out, if I get into a place where they spawn fast enough that I can keep the timer going, (read more open with less cover) I will get like 10 rebel soldiers on me from two different directions and at least two of them have those chain guns and I just get slaughtered every time.

I've Googled and looked at a lot of YouTube videos and have tried the various tactics suggested and it doesn't seem to matter, either I run out of time or just get ganged up on and I can't fire fast enough to keep from getting killed. I like a challenge, but dang this one is hard. I've played it at least 100 times trying all kinds of different approaches. Also, many of the videos I found seems to be for older versions as you don't spawn in the same places etc, so maybe EA decided to amp up the difficulty level.

Also, one more thing I've encountered and I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but I can't seem to get it to switch to first person and a lot of times when I'm playing Boba Fett's helmet will block the view and my targeting sights like I was standing behind him and that just adds to an already difficult scenario, hard to target enemies when all you seen is the back of his head, lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon

Replies

• I don’t have any suggestions on how to beat it as I did it so long ago I’m sure it’s different now but I just wanted to let ya know you can’t do first person perspective with hero’s unfortunately. Lightsabers could be weird but I’d like to see a fpp added to the shooters at least some day
  • I don’t have any suggestions on how to beat it as I did it so long ago I’m sure it’s different now but I just wanted to let ya know you can’t do first person perspective with hero’s unfortunately. Lightsabers could be weird but I’d like to see a fpp added to the shooters at least some day

Thanks for the Info, I was wondering why I couldn't get that to work and come to think of it, I've seen that in other scenarios as well. Go figure. I just wish the 3rd person perspective worked better then, trying to shoot through the back of Boba Fett's helmet when I'm already getting slaughtered just adds an additional layer of teeth grinding frustration to an already difficult level. :s

Gordon
  • It might depend in your card setup. I'd personally go with Bossk, and have his regen in his dioxis cloud card, his extra mines card and takes less damage while in hunter card.

Then just explode your way to victory, the AI can't fire if it is near explosions as they flinch. Then you can place the mines in areas where there are a lot of enemies and let them blow themselves up.
  • I beat it by being Bossk and camping in the junkyard towards the back of map and just using his abilities nonstop. But being back there limits the directions they can come at you from.
  • Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give em a try.

Gordon
  • Hey Guys,

I finally did it, I adjusted my cards, went to the edge of the map behind the junkyard and laid down a bunch of mines, gas grenades and kept going into predator mode, it took me like 8 tries, but I finally did it. Whew what a tough one!!! I'll try to do it again and record a video so others can try to use my approach if they get stuck.

Thanks for the help!!!

Gordon
  • jonci
    1062 posts Member
    Have you done Hope cannot save them one yet, that's a bit of a pig now, had to redo it when for some reason they all reset lol.
  • Hi Jonci,

No not yet, but it is the next one up on the list, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably try it sometime today, lol. I've now managed to complete all 3 tiers on the Light Side and all 3 tiers on the Dark Side up to Hope Cannot Save Them. I'm trying to do all the arcade scenarios before I jump head first into multiplayer as I want to get a good feel for the game so I don't bog a team down due to my unfamiliarity.

Thanks for the heads up on the next scenario, I think :D :#

Gordon
  • jonci
    1062 posts Member
    Arcade set it to hardest level minimum recharge etc.
  • All,

Beat it once, but I having trouble beating it a second time, (I want to record it). This one seems to be more heavily dependent on random elements of the scenario that change each time than others which seem to be weighted more towards technique.

Gordon
  • 808Exile wrote: »
    All,

Beat it once, but I having trouble beating it a second time, (I want to record it). This one seems to be more heavily dependent on random elements of the scenario that change each time than others which seem to be weighted more towards technique.

Gordon

Here ya go. I did it way back when and didn't have maxed out cards. lol

My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Pretty intense Kevlegs, That will be useful once I start that level. First I need to complete and record Scum and Villainy Tier 3 again.

Thanks, I'll be referring back to it soon, (I hope).

Gordon
  • 808Exile wrote: »
    Pretty intense Kevlegs, That will be useful once I start that level. First I need to complete and record Scum and Villainy Tier 3 again.

Thanks, I'll be referring back to it soon, (I hope).

Gordon

I just went through all the DS levels in one go. lol. Took me an hour and I recorded them all. I must say, they seemed a bit easier than when I first went through them. I'll upload the vid soon. Not sure if I should do one long clip or cut it up into levels/
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Use Boba
  • 808Exile
    13 posts Member
    edited September 14
    Hi All,

Well I beat Scum and Villainy Tier 3 a 2nd time as Bossk and recorded it this time in the event it might help someone else. I've found you just have to keep trying and constantly use each of the special abilities non-stop. I haven't managed to beat it as Boba Fett yet.

Hope this helps someone else.

Gordon

• I just got on a roof and stayed opposite the cantina.

Threw you a like and a sub on ur page. :)
  • Kevlegs,

Thanks I appreciate that. Do you mean as Boba Fett? I tried to fly up to the top of one of the domes and fight from there, I came close a few times, but they didn't spawn fast enough to keep the timer going. Apparently the rebels aim isn't so good when your high up as it minimized the number of hits I was taking.

I'll probably try it again at some point, but after the difficulty I had in beating it twice, I'm not eager to frustrate myself again, lol. I'll let Hope Cannot Save Them frustrate me next, lol.

Gordon