criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Why is running toggle so iffy / inconsistent?

Anyone else notice this / have an issue with this? When you start running (applies to troopers, special units, heroes) and the running doesn't register straight away / you start half-running for a few seconds before properly running / just not running properly at all every time you go to run? Even when using things like vanguard and infiltration. Really irritating.
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• Are you on PS4? When controllers get old and used too much the L3 button gets “Tired”. Lol it happens to me too. Try to blow out under that thumbstick. It might help.
  • IronSoldier
    3764 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Not had this issue on PC.

My control issue mainly are mainly from saber swings not happening when clicking or sensitivity in some vehicles is massively reduced.
  • Cheers for the feedback.

I must just be too much of a sweatlord
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • JadeRaptor64
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I've had this problem as well. Yesterday when I was escaping a Dark side saber cluster fork with a well timed Luke Rush, I was sprinting away and then all of a sudden, I was going for a leisurely stroll. Then Kylo pulled me back and I got beaten to death by lightsabers.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Maybe get some of those thumb grips. They’re pretty cheap.
  • Are you on PS4? When controllers get old and used too much the L3 button gets “Tired”. Lol it happens to me too. Try to blow out under that thumbstick. It might help.

Can confirm that this works, thanks for the tip
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I've experienced the same thing on console. Also the problem with lightsaber swing input not registering or over registering. I wish they just add an "always sprinting" option like a lot of games are adopting.
  • Huge problem with the AT-ST

PS4 joysticks suck fr. They might look good but I had 2 for 2 years and one moves L3 forward when I press L2 and the other one has senvity issues that make me blow the thumbstick. So annoying
    9wexqoicrpnu.png