criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Clone Commando

Prev1
F8RGE
824 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 12
cexs81nifxrs.png

Incoming transmission!

The Clone Commando is a resilient fighter who is built for survivability, even against the toughest foes. With the ability to reconfigure his blaster into a grenade launcher he comes well equipped to handle any situation that he’s dealt with.
Should he find himself cornered or in need of making some space he can use his Repulsor Blast to knock enemies away.

As a leader on the battlefront he can strengthen himself and his allies by granting a damage protection buff, using Battle Focus.
aahgqaikw3qr.gif

bhaddj165h7v.png
Primary Weapon: DC-17m Repeating Blaster Rifle
The DC-17m is the unique weapon of the Clone Commando and became standard issue throughout the Clone Wars.
Due to its ability to reconfigure into a standard blaster rifle or grenade launcher it is capable of fulfilling various combat roles. It’s versatility makes it a dangerous weapon to come up against.

99xi25f8pvyv.png
Left Ability: Anti-Armor Attachment
The DC17m reconfigures into a grenade launcher that fires up to 3 small grenades, with high efficiency against vehicles and shields. If the grenade launcher runs out of shells the ability will revert into its cooldown state. Once in cooldown the DC-17m will revert back into a blaster rifle.

Reconfiguration into a blaster rifle can also occur manually, regardless of how many shells you have left. After each shell is fired there will be a brief reload time while the Clone Commando equips another shell into the chamber.

mpk4teigy0si.png
Middle Ability: Battle Focus
The commando goes into battle focus and immediately grants himself and allies around him a damage protection buff, which lowers all damage taken by 25%. Additionally, any damage the commando deals will heal a percentage of his base health.

cpbz7ibyyta0.png
Right Ability: Repulsor Blast
The commando extends his left arm and discharges a shockwave from his arm-mounted repulsor, that instantly knocks nearby enemies to the ground.

uwh5ypgjb3t6.png
Gamescom Progress
A few weeks ago we were at gamescom where we showcased the Clone Commando for the first time. Since then we’ve made further improvements and changes to him, including:
  • Added the repulsor gadget to the Clone Commandos arm
  • Further improvements and refinements to the abilities
  • Added a first version of a passive messaging system that shows allies and enemies that the Battle Focus buff is active
  • General balance tweaks
  • Updated icons for Battle Focus and Repulsor (ones above are from gamescom)
  • Tweaked default look with details added to key areas

The Clone Commando is due to be released later this month as part of the Cooperation update on the 25th of this month. We’ll be back before then with a Transmission on Felucia and of course, the full release notes. We’ll see you there.

Repulsor It
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• so gassed for these guys!
  • Honestly cannot wait to play as commandos! My most anticipated addition to the game.... besides jango... always praying for jango 😂

Thank you so much for adding the commandos!
  • Great... .more team buffs for LS. Just what they need
  • Looks good, thanks!
  • Manoffluff
    8 posts Member
    edited September 12
    “Default”........ potential commando skins incoming...??? Please
    Post edited by EA_Tom on
  • is this a trooper that will have a better chance against heroes??? excited for that
    I'm love sand
  • Coming a Coruscant map with 2 new Heroes for the Clone wars content????? Ashoka , ventress padme ??? The Clone wars Heroes dont have a blasterhero padme was good Hero with ashoka
  • Ultras
    57 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Cant wait to see them!... Trailer!... Trailer!... Trailer!... ;D

Z4C1ik3.gif

• 🔥Devs are on fire today🔥

👍🏻
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    1241 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Versatti wrote: »
    Why are you giving the Republic another damage reduction buff when the Separatists don’t have one?

This will be the 57th buff available to them if you take into consideration that Yoda and Finn can buff allies too.

I don’t get it?

Fixed
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Why are you giving the Republic another damage reduction buff when the Separatists don’t have one?

This will be the 57th buff available to them if you take into consideration that Yoda and Finn can buff allies too.

I don’t get it?

Fixed

Ah yes... Sorry I was thinking just of CS when I wrote that.
  • NomiSunstrider
    2843 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Its all great but why another lightside buff..
    Now last phases in GA matches will be even more unbalanced.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• @F8RGE Does the new Clone Commando replace the Wookie Warriors on all Clone Wars maps?
  • Should be fun to play. Looking forward trying clone commando out.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • Battle Focus seems like it is going to be VERY OP. The light side already has so many area of effect buffs it's crazy... But now it's not even limited to heroes. I think a self-buff is fine but to buff everyone by 25% in addition to the hero buffs already present?? I guess we can look forward to never getting past the Juggernauts ever again. Or the last phase of Kamino, which was already a nightmare.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4122 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Ok then... The Clone Commando will be entertaining the game as the most powerful non-hero unit available.
  • I’m excited! :)
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • I hope there is the Clone Commando Theme when you spawn as them!
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Thank you, this will be all i will play as for the republic from the 25th onwards.
  • Karioscia wrote: »
    @F8RGE Does the new Clone Commando replace the Wookie Warriors on all Clone Wars maps?

No, both will be available on every Clone Wars map, just like the Droideka and the B2 or the TX-130 and the AT-RT
  • Looks incredible.
    Friendship ended with ARC Trooper. Now best friends with Clone Commando.
  • KotasMilitia
    390 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Commando looks cool, with the exception of the damage reduction buff. This is as strong as Vader's maxed out card for focused rage, and it also heals him while he's doing damage. This is literally just a better version of Vader's card for Focused Rage, which I think is ridiculous. A reinforcement ability shouldn't be a better version of a heroes/villains.

Edit: it also buffs others! Way better than Vader's ability!
  • Does the middle ability stack with Finn's? That will be 75% damage reduced troopers walking around...
  • Are you Devs still looking into the ability to add landing/takeoff abilities for starfighters like planes and helicopters can in Battlefield? *this also existed in the older Battlefront games*

A few tips

* Use the assets from the campaign where landing and takeoff occurs
    * Use assets from out of map function where starfighters come to a slow down then a total stop that already exists in Starfighter arcade.

Thanks, I know a lot of us would love to see this make a comeback.
  • Will come out OP, then rage, then nerf and useless.

Same as it ever was.

DICE sure hates DS
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • But why a repulsor? Why not stick to the lore and give him a sniper attachment for his rifle? He has everything else, except for the shield but you compensated for that, for close encounters he has his blade, strong armor and his buff. 🤔
  • They did not mention Melee Strikes ? I thought they had a vibrosword as well, I watched some game footage and it looked like a regular punch or pistol whip type thing? Did I miss something?
  • They did not mention Melee Strikes ? I thought they had a vibrosword as well, I watched some game footage and it looked like a regular punch or pistol whip type thing? Did I miss something?

That’s their vibro blade it’s a built in blade to their hand plates, so it’s going to be the commandos melee move instead of hitting with their guns etc
  • Manoffluff wrote: »
    They did not mention Melee Strikes ? I thought they had a vibrosword as well, I watched some game footage and it looked like a regular punch or pistol whip type thing? Did I miss something?

That’s their vibro blade it’s a built in blade to their hand plates, so it’s going to be the commandos melee move instead of hitting with their guns etc

Thank you Manoffluff , I looked it up in Wookiepedia , I'm guessing that it was that something from BF in (2015) version ??
  • Manoffluff wrote: »
    They did not mention Melee Strikes ? I thought they had a vibrosword as well, I watched some game footage and it looked like a regular punch or pistol whip type thing? Did I miss something?

Thank you Manoffluff , I looked it up in Wookiepedia , I'm guessing that it was that something from BF in (2015) version ??

No problem man! And It’s from the republic commando game, only other game they’ve appeared in.... officially, it was pretty op in that but obviously for BF sake they’ve seemed to have it as just a standard melee
  • All I want for Clone wars era now is the dwarf spider droid to counter the ATRT
  • Pliz buff the empire jump trooper and the droideka.end buff the Republic tank and fix the speeders :D
  • Can we get a tweak for the DC-17m blaster's sound effects? The Gamescom version lacks the oomph of the original blaster from the game.
  • I’d personally trade their generic rag doll ability for the classic sniper, but they look great
  • Is this out yet? I just joined a match and it wasnt available.
  • EatThatPie wrote: »
    Is this out yet? I just joined a match and it wasnt available.

25th it releases bud
  • Looks great, can’t wait to play them, just don’t know why they thought battle focus would be a god ability to add
  • LS does not need another damage reduction . Just give it to the clone commando
  • This build kinda looks op. In CS the republic seems to do better even with just one enforcer type reinforcement, adding this sounds like seps will lose every time. I honestly wouldn't mind buffing the droideka, it really isn't that great and the grenade launcher attachment sounds like the perfect counter.
  • From the abilities they sound like they will be potentially op so everyone prepare for a million posts when they get releasesd screaming for a nerf
  • Im not saying I will be calling for nerfs but the battle focus seems a bit much doesnt it? I mean the card that leia got replacing her HOK should have a max of 25%, the commando having that seems a bit much
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • So....what do the droids get?
  • So....what do the droids get?

The Droideka was added without an immediate clone reinforcement, this is the counter