criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Community Transmission - Felucia and Capital Supremacy

Prev1
F8RGE
885 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 19
bht0xj3va0dm.png

Incoming transmission!

“The Separatists’ invasion of Felucia is nearing its end. With only a single, powerful vehicle left to cover the evacuation of a Felucian farming community, the clones struggle to maintain their last line of defense long enough for Republic transports to collect a large cache of valuable medicinal plants from the village.

As the droids advance towards the clones’ position, the squad opts to go on the offensive and destroy the dreadnought responsible for the attack. The droids have a plan of their own, however: Ensure the Republic can’t escape with the plants by bringing down their Venator.”

tyqtlru7snnf.png

Similar to other Capital Supremacy planets, Felucia is broken up into multiple areas with each of the 5 Command Posts having a set theme.

Command Post Village
Felucian Villages have an aesthetic that almost blends into the environment, almost as if the villages had been constructed as to no obscure or take away from the natural beauty of the planet. Those defending this Command Post will want to utilize the village structures for additional cover, while also taking advantage of the slight increase in height.

Command Post Sarlacc
Very few creatures across the galaxy are as feared as the Sarlacc. Even in death the Sarlacc poses a formidable sight. What was once an area where none would dare enter, at least by their own choosing, is now a battleground for the ongoing conflict between Separatist and Clone armies on Felucia.

This Command Post is located upon a narrow structure that overlooks the now deceased Sarlacc. Defending the entrance to this structure will be pivotal should you want to keep hold of the Command Post.

Command Post Farm
Farming is an important aspect of Felucian society, as they can often be found scattered across the planet’s lush and vibrant landscape. While this one idyllic farm had spent its best years being tilled and cultivated, it’s now a location that bears the scars of battle. This Command Post is relatively open with the bulk of the cover coming in the form of various bits of equipment, but with entrances in multiple directions, you’ll need to keep an eye on out for flanking enemies.

Command Post Caves
A network of open-air caves run amongst the Felucian landscape and have become a critical area, as both the Separatists and Republic fight for control over them. A fairly secluded location, you will have to get close in order to be able to see the Command Post, as it’s located within the network of caves itself.

At least the Rancor that used to dwell here is long gone, but the remnants of it still remain.

Command Post Swamp
Used as a dropsite by the Republic, this location in some swamplands has become of key strategic importance. This Command Post, while surrounded by fairly open terrain has considerable amount of cover in the form of a Republic dropship and various supply crates. Make use of this cover as without it, you’ll be an easy target.

As beautiful as Felucia is, the environment can also be hostile to those that traverse its lush and vibrant landscape. Mushrooms can explode and certain plants can leave behind a hazardous gas that will harm anyone that gets caught within it.

While the planet surface is more than enough to keep your attention, you may want to glance upwards on occasion as you’ll sometimes see both the Felucian Ripper and Manta flying through the skies.

Felucia arrives later this month as part of the Cooperation Update, which is currently targeting a release date of September 25.

We’ll be back with the full release notes early next week.

Punch It
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Sounds awesome!

And also very spacious and big..... wonder how big this is compared to the other maps
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Random bit of info, but the area of Felucia you'll play on has the name "Tagata"

Always love having the small details so this is cool to know
    Manoffluff wrote: »
    Sounds awesome!

And also very spacious and big..... wonder how big this is compared to the other maps

Quite big, has a fair amount of verticality too.

Epic! Felucia deserves it. I’m ready.
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    This sounds like the episode of cw where the One, the Only, Hondo! was harassing the farmers...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Amazing. Can't wait for the Community Update video lol.
  • I wanna kick some guys into the sarlacc, is it possible?
  • Which time of day is the map set on? Day time? Evening or even night time?
  • Would have been great to see a live Sarlacc like The Force Unleashed. Still, sounds decent.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • This sounds like an awesome map! I can't wait to play it next week!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I have high hopes for Felucia. This is a true Conquest map designed from the ground by DICE, and the first one for this game. It should be magnificent. I’m expecting to.
  • Where are the screenshots for this thing if its ready for next week lol?
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Ok, but where is Ahsoka?

She will come in 2020, along with Asajj Ventress and Padme Amidala when the seventh season of Clone Wars will release.

• Will there be any "live" Sarlaccs, that will be in any of the felucia maps, to interact with players?! :* :o :#
  • This is awesome but I was kinda hoping for some new photos or a video to go along with it.
  • Can’t wait to be playing on this map, hopefully there will be a Felucia only playlist.

And I wonder if there will be a Ayla secura Easter egg on the map
  • GoodBytes wrote: »
    Looks good, but it's disappointing to see both the Rancor and Sarlacc are deceased. I was hoping for a neutral third faction that attacked anyone who got too close. At least there is some hostile foliage to watch out for, even if it's just exploding gassy mushrooms.

It would be nice if there was another sarlacc that is alive and could eat you, besides the one at command post sarlacc.
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Ok, but where is Ahsoka?

She will come in 2020, along with Asajj Ventress and Padme Amidala when the seventh season of Clone Wars will release.

We will probably only get ahsoka and ventress, and not padme. There will probably only be two heroes that will be added for the return of the clone wars.
  • More pictures!!!!!!! I really want to see the map!! Also, any possibility for Galactic Assault (honestly, the story so far sounds like it would work as follows,
    1. Clones secure a landing zone for their gunships to land
    2. Gather Medicinal plants from around the map, maybe there are 3 spots the clones have to gather from and then deliver them back to the gunship locations
    3. not sure this last phase, maybe defend the gunships as they take off?
    This map could prove to be a really unique GA experience. Maybe have an objective for both the droids and the clones. Maybe while the gunships are landed the droids can attack them and destroy them.)

Would be cool, if you need any ideas DICE, feel free to ask me, I'll give you my email! I have a bunch of ideas for this game that would bring it back to life 10-fold hahaa
  • Was hoping to see some images for the map but I’m looking forward to the 25th
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Ok, but where is Ahsoka?

99gb1neqyqq0.gif
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • @F8RGE What is the “single powerful vehicle”?
  • I really hope this comes to GA
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited September 18
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Sounds awesome!

Very exciting! This is what I feel like Battlefront maps have been lacking - especially verticality. So many of the maps in this game seem really flat with only some minor height to them. Hope it's featured prominently in this map, and excited to see the size as well.

Two questions if you don't mind:

1) How does it compare to Kashyyyk CS? Same size? Bigger? Smaller? Bigger but feels smaller, smaller but feels bigger?
    2) Is Tagata the name of the map, or an area of the map? If so, what is Tagata? A jungle on Felucia? A town on Felucia? Don't think I've ever heard of it before and it is a curious choice of name instead of something simpler like "Jungle" or "Swamp" or "Marshlands." Excited!
  • what do the explosive mushrooms look like? if i don't know i'll run into one and go flying
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Sounds awesome!

Very exciting! This is what I feel like Battlefront maps have been lacking - especially verticality. So many of the maps in this game seem really flat with only some minor height to them. Hope it's featured prominently in this map, and excited to see the size as well.

Two questions if you don't mind:

1) How does it compare to Kashyyyk CS? Same size? Bigger? Smaller? Bigger but feels smaller, smaller but feels bigger?
    2) Is Tagata the name of the map, or an area of the map? If so, what is Tagata? A jungle on Felucia? A town on Felucia? Don't think I've ever heard of it before and it is a curious choice of name instead of something simpler like "Jungle" or "Swamp" or "Marshlands." Excited!

Im guessing Tagata is the name of the area sort of how the area on Genosis is Trippa Hive and Kashyyyk has Kichario Beach. (Sorry for the misspells I don't want to look up the names)
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

• i think so
    Random bit of info, but the area of Felucia you'll play on has the name "Tagata"

love random info
  • ANauj_skers
    29 posts Member
    edited September 18
    Is the single, powerful vehicle an AT-TE? If so, what will the separatists have to counter it?
  • CalkEstis
    16 posts Member
    edited September 18
    Is the single, powerful vehicle an AT-TE. If so, what will the separatists have to counter it.

i believe they are referring to the venator. i may be wrong. it would be cool to have another map for AT - TEs. or one AT-TE
  • CalkEstis wrote: »
    Is the single, powerful vehicle an AT-TE. If so, what will the separatists have to counter it.

i believe they are referring to the venator. i may be wrong.

That’s a good point. You are probably right, but it would be cool if the republic had an AT-TE and the separatist had something to counter it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!