criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Best Characters for Good HvV Teams

adamjbamford
1180 posts Member
edited September 11
Assuming you have a competent team who are willing to work with one another and play to their highest standard, what’s the best choice for both sides.
I’d probably say:

Dark Side:
-Boba
-Vader
-Kylo
-Grievous/Bossk

Light Side:
-Luke
-Finn
-Yoda
-Han/Chewie

Thoughts?

Post edited by adamjbamford on

Replies

• Assuming you have a competent team who are willing to work with one another and play to their highest standard, what’s the best choice for both sides.
    I’d probably say:

Dark Side:
    -Boba
    -Vader
    -Kylo
    -Grievous/Bossk

Light Side:
    -Luke
    -Han
    -Yoda
    -Anakin/Chewie

Thoughts?

I agree with DS. I'd say Boba Vader Kylo pick em because as long as you have those 3, the 4th doesn't matter. LS I'd throw in Finn over Han. Finn, Ani, Luke and Yoda would be a nightmare. Yesterday my boy was Finn and I was Ani and we wrecked DS on starkiller base. I just pulled em to us and he kept recharging me
  • Vader
    Phasma
    Kylo
    Palpatine

Their stuns stacked on top of each other can stun an entire team for 20 seconds.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Finn and Phasma.
  • Assuming you have a competent team who are willing to work with one another and play to their highest standard, what’s the best choice for both sides.
    I’d probably say:

Dark Side:
    -Boba
    -Vader
    -Kylo
    -Grievous/Bossk

Light Side:
    -Luke
    -Han
    -Yoda
    -Anakin/Chewie

Thoughts?

I agree with DS. I'd say Boba Vader Kylo pick em because as long as you have those 3, the 4th doesn't matter. LS I'd throw in Finn over Han. Finn, Ani, Luke and Yoda would be a nightmare. Yesterday my boy was Finn and I was Ani and we wrecked DS on starkiller base. I just pulled em to us and he kept recharging me

Completely forgot Finn existed :D I’ve edited my list now.
    I’d probably say:

Dark Side:
    -Boba
    -Vader
    -Kylo
    -Grievous/Bossk

Light Side:
    -Luke
    -Han
    -Yoda
    -Anakin/Chewie

Thoughts?

Completely forgot Finn existed :D I’ve edited my list now.

Yeah alot of people sleep on Finn. I'm not sure why because he has the best team buff in the game. I mean I dont really enjoy playing as him, but he definitely helps his team alot.
  • Assuming competent players;

DS;

Vader
    Kylo
    Boba (swap for Iden on maps like JP)
    Palp (swap for Maul against double blaster)

LS

Ani
    Chewie
    Yoda
    Luke/Obi

Han is okay in larger maps, but Chewie is the better pick in just about every scenario. Finn is very strong with Yoda, but it comes at the cost of losing Chewie’s CC and excellent poke.
  • JadeRaptor64
    1800 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I'd say for DS:

Vader(Duh.)
    Maul/Palps(Good maneuverability and damage if played well.)
    Iden/Boba/Phasma/Bossk(Any of these when played well can be incredibly annoying to the enemy team. Phasma can stun and damage quickly and has high survivablity. Boba is Boba and is practically impossible to kill in skilled hands, and he has a devastating damaging ability through block. Iden can stun and rapid fire damage quicklyand she can damage through block with her alternate fire. Bossk is best for high passive damage from a distance. He can be very difficult to kill if he slips away due to his regen.)
    Grievous/Kylo(High damage output with Grievous and good crowd control/damage with Kylo.)

For LS:

Yoda/Luke(Fast, annoyingly untouchable if they're good, and hard hitters.)
    Rey/Obi-Wan(Mindtricks galore for immobilization and good damage output.)
    Anakin(Duh, he's Anakin.)
    Finn/Chewie/Lando/Han(All of these can be annoying, but Finn is best with a lightsaber team that sticks together. Chewie and Lando are good for stunning, and Han is best for breaking blocks.)
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Ds
    Vader
    Kylo
    Boba(except on jabba)
    Bossk( only on jabbas palace)
    Grevious

Ls
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan
    Luke
    Rey( on jabbas palace)

Every light side blaster hero is easy to kill when there is a good boba around who has vader & Kylo making his life easier. Jabbas palace palace being the exception
  • Ds
    Vader
    Kylo
    Boba(except on jabba)
    Bossk( only on jabbas palace)
    Grevious

Ls
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan
    Luke
    Rey( on jabbas palace)

Every light side blaster hero is easy to kill when there is a good boba around who has vader & Kylo making his life easier. Jabbas palace palace being the exception

Every time I see a Boba on Jabba's Palace, I always wonder why.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • anidriX
    1036 posts Member
    edited September 11
    Assuming you have a competent team who are willing to work with one another and play to their highest standard, what’s the best choice for both sides.
    I’d probably say:

Dark Side:
    -Boba
    -Vader
    -Kylo
    -Grievous/Bossk

Light Side:
    -Luke
    -Finn
    -Yoda
    -Han/Chewie

Thoughts?

Your DS is fine though I’d remove Bossk and add Iden. Another option is Palpatine.

Your LS side is too defensive. You are overkill on buffs with both Yoda and Finn.. The way I see it, your team lacks CC which is vital. In addition, with the Roll’s current state, I find it too risky to have 2 blasters on your team, especially if you have a Boba lurking around.

Tank team

Luke
    Anakin
    Finn
    Yoda

Offense Team

Luke
    Anakin
    Han/Chewie
    Yoda/Rey

Post edited by anidriX on
  • Han
    Obi Orlando
    Luke/ Ani
    Finn

Vador/ Grievous
    Kylo ken
    Sidious
    Boss/ Phasma
  • Thanks for showing my boy Chewie and Grevious
  • My opinion would be:

DS:
    Vader
    Boba
    Kylo
    Grievous

LS:
    Han
    Luke
    Anakin
    Yoda

It was harder than I thought to narrow it down to just 4 per team. I really wanted to include Chewie & Palps as they would come into play on certain maps (Chewie on Jabba's palace, Palps on Geonosis etc). And Obi-Wan, Finn & Iden can all be excellent at supporting their team too.
  • Competitive teams?

Light Side:

Anakin Skywalker. The core to the team and initiator. The most important factor in teamwork because of his abilities.
    Luke Skywalker. The best defender of the blaster hero if one exists. Also good at responding to combos

[option 1]
    Obi Wan Kenobi. Great lockdown and counter attacker. Good at locking the team or locking down villains charging in too quickly
    Han Solo. Primary damage dealer and devastating at finalizer of a combo with his detonite.

if you want more tankiness I like to run:

[option 2]
    Yoda. Health boost says all
    Chewie. Stun sets an easy chain for Anakin's pull to the team. Charge Slam also combos well. Knocks Bobas

[option 3, for Jabba's]
    All lightsaber heroes, add in Rey.

Dark Side:

Darth Vader. Pure tank. Choke sets up Barrages, Frenzies, blaster unloads, etc
    Kylo Ren. The core to the team like Anakin. Pull sets up combos with Freeze to break blocks. Can be used separately and chained with teammates. Frenzy finishes combos

Maul. Choke throw is great at keeping enemies in place for teammates, or throwing enemies out of the action to separate them and focus their friends.

[option 1]
    Boba Fett. Nothing to be said here

[option 2, for Jabba's]
    Bossk. Mines, Mines, Mines, Grenades

I also like Dooku, but he's been broken. :(. Some like Grievous I guess. Never switch out Vader or Kylo for these characters though. Only Maul
  • DiamondxStyles
    405 posts Member
    edited September 11
    Oh and remember, Rey has a 40% damage reduction starcard with her dash strike that allows her to, especially when stacked with Yoda's health boost, negate Bossk mines entirely. Han also has Broad Shoulders. Good for dismissing a Boba barrage if he gets cocky and doesn't wait for a combo. Han will always be focused down; remember that Hans. Chewie's Charging Frenzy also gives him a 60% damage reduction. Same function

Edit: forgot to add Palpatine and Iden into that last one
  • Oh and remember, Rey has a 40% damage reduction starcard with her dash strike that allows her to, especially when stacked with Yoda's health boost, negate Bossk mines entirely. Han also has Broad Shoulders. Good for dismissing a Boba barrage if he gets cocky and doesn't wait for a combo. Han will always be focused down; remember that Hans. Chewie's Charging Frenzy also gives him a 60% damage reduction. Same function

Jedi can easily avoid a big part of the barrage damage just by jumping so I don’t think it’s necessary to waste a slot on that specially since it’s very situational and that most of the opposition will have lightsabers. Best Rey Loadout is Damaging Strike, Focused Sight and Opportunist.

Han on the other hand can really get wrecked by Boba and Broad Shoulders might me handy. However I rather go with more firepower and run Sharpshooter’s Calm instead as Han will always be as you accurately described above, the primary damage dealer. Best Han loadout obviously is Air Burst, Sharpshooter’s Calm and Heavily Modified Blaster.

• Remember that the characters might be important, but using abilities correctly is even more important.

Hypothetical:

Vader lands his choke on Han Solo or Jedi. This is a guarantee that Boba Fett is going to be flying in. Obi Wan responds by mind tricking Vader to stop his uber damage combo, then Anakin or Luke can pull or push Boba out of the sky to prevent his destruction ability.

Anakin should always be watching Kylo. Kylo Ren jump slightly in the air to initiate his pull. Anakin responds by using Heroic Might and leaving Kylo exposed

and vice versa
  • DiamondxStyles
    405 posts Member
    edited September 11
    anidriX wrote: »
    Oh and remember, Rey has a 40% damage reduction starcard with her dash strike that allows her to, especially when stacked with Yoda's health boost, negate Bossk mines entirely. Han also has Broad Shoulders. Good for dismissing a Boba barrage if he gets cocky and doesn't wait for a combo. Han will always be focused down; remember that Hans. Chewie's Charging Frenzy also gives him a 60% damage reduction. Same function

Jedi can easily avoid a big part of the barrage damage just by jumping so I don’t think it’s necessary to waste a slot on that specially since it’s very situational and that most of the opposition will have lightsabers. Best Rey Loadout is Damaging Strike, Focused Sight and Opportunist.

Han on the other hand can really get wrecked by Boba and Broad Shoulders might me handy. However I rather go with more firepower and run Sharpshooter’s Calm instead as Han will always be as you accurately described above, the primary damage dealer. Best Han loadout obviously is Air Burst, Sharpshooter’s Calm and Heavily Modified Blaster.

I'm talking about Jabba's Palace. I wouldn't really use Rey on any maps aside from Jabba's Palace over Obi Wan or Luke or Yoda

Her damage reduction can easily be replaced for damaging strike. I'd posit her best loadout is 30% increased mind trick duration over the opportunist. Those cards you gave are more Showdown setups imo (except Focused sight). Usually I just go MT duration

As an FYI, I never ever use Rey anyway. She's only like Lv60. I almost always play Anakin. If not Anakin, then Yoda, or Obi Wan
  • A decent Anakin player always ends up top 3. A good player #1.

If a team sticks with Phasma and stays under her protection, they will be very tough to beat. Although that is not really common.

Translation camp her droid
  • anidriX wrote: »

I'm talking about Jabba's Palace. I wouldn't really use Rey on any maps aside from Jabba's Palace over Obi Wan or Luke or Yoda

Her damage reduction can easily be replaced for damaging strike. I'd posit her best loadout is 30% increased mind trick duration over the opportunist. Those cards you gave are more Showdown setups imo (except Focused sight). Usually I just go MT duration

As an FYI, I never ever use Rey anyway. She's only like Lv60. I almost always play Anakin. If not Anakin, then Yoda, or Obi Wan

Dash Strike is her only damaging ability and Damaging Strike increases to a very high 170dmg so I’d never remove it. If you prefer MT then Deep Mind instead of Opportunist.

As for pick it’s more about your profile. Luke and Anakin will always go first. But Rey hits hard and hits fast. If she managed to hit you with Dash Strike she will also get in at least 2 more base hits, that’s 430 DMG! So if you are an aggressive player then I’d pick her before Yoda or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has the opposite playstyle, play defensive, RMT and let your team profit from it and defend your blaster hero. Yoda stands in-between, play defense by buffing teammates and switch to offense by taking advantage of his block break. My point is people sleep a lot on Rey as if she were useless simply because she is not a great pick in 1v1s.

If a team sticks with Phasma and stays under her protection, they will be very tough to beat. Although that is not really common.

In a casual game, maybe. In a REAL match, Han destroys her turret in a heartbeat and Phasma instantly loses all of her value.
    A decent Anakin player always ends up top 3. A good player #1.

In a casual game, maybe. In a REAL match, Han destroys her turret in a heartbeat and Phasma instantly loses all of her value.

Fr, even if the turret isn't destroyed. a rinse repeat until Anakin lands a successful pull, and Han's detonite is coming with either an RMT or AOE to keep her and her team locked. She slows the game down enough for the LS to have comfortable ability recharges lol. No utility besides a gun to do any sort of damage lol
    anidriX wrote: »

Dash Strike is her only damaging ability and Damaging Strike increases to a very high 170dmg so I’d never remove it. If you prefer MT then Deep Mind instead of Opportunist.

As for pick it’s more about your profile. Luke and Anakin will always go first. But Rey hits hard and hits fast. If she managed to hit you with Dash Strike she will also get in at least 2 more base hits, that’s 430 DMG! So if you are an aggressive player then I’d pick her before Yoda or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has the opposite playstyle, play defensive, RMT and let your team profit from it and defend your blaster hero. Yoda stands in-between, play defense by buffing teammates and switch to offense by taking advantage of his block break. My point is people sleep a lot on Rey as if she were useless simply because she is not a great pick in 1v1s.

Fair points, but I think most people sleep on Rey because she has zero combo capacity outside of her dash strike. A lot of people just struggle at being effective with her skillset. I love having a good Rey though.

I can use her well enough, but since I'm the most effective Anakin out of anyone I know, I tend to stick with where I'm going to benefit my friends. (plus Anakin is my favorite outside of Battlefront) Also I have two amazing Rey friends that I'd rather have playing their strengths.

What I do usually is main Luke if Anakin is already taken and I always play Anakin if no one takes him because having an Anakin is very important to winning. You can win without him, it's just more difficult.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    A decent Anakin player always ends up top 3. A good player #1.

In a REAL match, why would Phasma put her droid where Han can blow it up?

I am just messing with you. I didn't say she was impossible to beat just tough in a solid team.