criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

September Community Calendar

Prev1
F8RGE
824 posts EA Community Manager
rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Replies

• I’m really looking forward to the upcoming event
  • This is the best update month yet.
  • Blaster only event should bring about the best of hero gameplay in this game.
  • Blaster hero only event and no Vehicles (YES!) or Hero’s event both sound fun, should be interesting. Looking forward to trying out Clone Commando, can’t wait for the CT next week about them.
  • Awesome. Awesome.

Y'all might get me to return to the game come the end of the month.
  • OcDoc
    1780 posts Member
    I really like it that you are mixing up the events a little. While I like saber play and the fast paced nature of HU, I also like variety. By giving a blaster only HvV event and a trooper only weekend it also includes the players that feel left out because they aren’t fans of saber play or the inclusion of heroes in the large scale modes.

Nicely done!

Only thing I am not sure of is how HvV will work with the limited availability of blaster heroes. I guess there will be no character switching and I suppose we will just have to see how that goes.
  • On the Boots on the Ground Event, this appears to be trying to appease the Trooper-only crowd for a weekend, but leaves in the reinforcements. I'm pretty confident I will enjoy CS ground phase more this way. I'll probably try to play OT and ST content in GA as those maps don't have infiltrators. Enforcers and aerials don't bother me as much as most of the Trooper-only crowd.
  • I know Co-op isn’t going to be a very deep game mode, but I can’t help but be excited for a cooperative mode in the game.
  • I hate to be the cynic in the room but is the reason for the delay of the Community Calendar that you had to remove the Luke Skin challenge? Because it is...kinda missing.
    PSN: Agent_TSCX
    Join me, and together we will rule the Galaxy!
  • Can't wait for felucia will be fun to have a brand new map for CS. But where is the luke skin event hasn't been mentioned apart from that great month
  • GA and CS will finally be playable. Sucks its only a Weekend.
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Can't wait for felucia will be fun to have a brand new map for CS. But where is the luke skin event hasn't been mentioned apart from that great month

It’s not part of this month. It’ll be later this fall. Perhaps even October.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    I hate to be the cynic in the room but is the reason for the delay of the Community Calendar that you had to remove the Luke Skin challenge? Because it is...kinda missing.

Nope, the delay was literally because we were behind a little after Gamescom, it is always a weird time around July>September time.

The reason why the Luke Skin challenge isn't in this Community Calendar is that Ben had written it incorrectly in the Community Transmission for September when it was always intended to be October, sorry for the confusion with that.

Appreciate the clarification.
    I hate to be the cynic in the room but is the reason for the delay of the Community Calendar that you had to remove the Luke Skin challenge? Because it is...kinda missing.

Nope, the delay was literally because we were behind a little after Gamescom, it is always a weird time around July>September time.

The reason why the Luke Skin challenge isn't in this Community Calendar is that Ben had written it incorrectly in the Community Transmission for September when it was always intended to be October, sorry for the confusion with that.

Interesting, why is this only being mention now?
  • Disappointed with the "Boots on the Ground Event." It's a great idea and I like it, but working on Finn's Head Shots milestone and Boba's Triple Rocket Barrage milestone, and no way to earn them while the event is active. Looks like Co-Op will allow XP though (as there is a 3X XP event for the mode), so maybe we will be able to achieve milestones that way? Will Co-Op allow us to be matched with randoms, or will we have to pull people off our friends list and party up before connecting?

Will Instant Action allow for XP/Milestone completion? Looking forward to the CTs that explain everything.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Very good. Thanks.
    how about a Halloween event next month like last year? That was really fun.
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Would love to get Split-Screen on PC so my son and I could play BF2 together.. I know a few mods enable it and it looks like you guys just ripped it out of the PC game. WHY DO DEV's DO THAT when you already have it implemented. We end up playing other games that have Co-Op on PC I can't see why this is a feature PC players don't get..

And yes I'm salty about many games not just BF2 lol but I know this game has support for so turn it back on. =) plz and thx
  • @F8RGE @Guillaume_Dice Any plans on looking at intense barrage. Boba shouldn’t be dependent on one card and no ability should do 600 damage, especially when it’s so easy to land.
  • All I'm seeing here is no Luke skin. If you're into disappointment, you're in luck, because DICE never fails to disappoint.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I literally know so many people that would play this game with me if it had crossplay with Xbox and PS4. This update sounds good though. I remember in the old Battlefront II, Instant Action was literally all I ever played lol.
  • Eh. I can take a break from Capital Supremacy one weekend then take a break from Hvv the next
  • Best CC ever
  • Any news ab the luke skin
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Any news ab the luke skin

Next month.
  • Yes, can't wait for the Instant action and Co-op stuff, looks sooo good
    Yeah, you know who I am...
  • "also this month the planet felucia and the clone commando reinforcement will be added"

why is this like an afterthought and WHEN will they be coming..?
  • May install the game again
    i6x22ww2vsgy.png

Please bring back Leia's Princess appearance instead or at least along side Luke appearance when you release it.
  • I mean I want Luke skin as well but if we can't have it yet then please bring Leia's skin back... and well I wan't Leia's Princess skin more than that Luke skin. :) Actually rather let everyone get Leia's Princess skin with credits (although I would be fine to pay real money for that skin) when ever they want it.
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    4946 posts Member
    edited September 11
    F8RGE wrote: »
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

No heroes and vehicles in CS AND GA this weekend. FINALLY.

Only blaster heroes next weekend. This is good.

Triple XP for Co-Op the weekend after. More XP is always good, and this'll get people playing the mode. And Commandos and Felucia will be out by then.

Now this is a calendar filled with real events. By far the best calendar released. FINALLY.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • that is nice
  • Nice!! No heroes is good.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • So for the blasters only HvV event, does that mean Palpatine will also be playable, or will the Dark Side be restricted to just Boba, Bossk, Iden, and Phasma? He doesn't have a blaster, but he was excluded from the sabers only event last time, so not sure if he would therefore be included in this one.
  • i4i0853ht4zn.gif
    Man I can't be any more excited. I can't wait. 🤗👍🏼

Let's do this!
    i6x22ww2vsgy.png

“There is always hope.”
  • ngi69ibmrm7n.jpg
    "not needed we are this weekend... a quick blaster death they will suffer... work on your saber swing we will"
    never a dull moment... thank you
  • Chico
    413 posts Member
    edited September 12
    T0TALfps wrote: »

Interesting, why is this only being mention now?

I have a bad feeling about this. Being away 2 weekends in October, gives me a 50:50 chance of being around for the challenge.
  • Man just create a combined galaxy tour in one big mode war mode wher two side can pvp each other.Air space ground underground, water you name it!
  • Lets just hope its balanced
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Now this is a calendar filled with real events.

Not really. It's just another "let's restrict content and call it an event" event, like @Empire_TW always rails against. These are absolutely not "real" events. Real events would be something like "Target System weekend" or "6v6 HvV" or "additional star card slot weekend" or "Extraction with Heroes weekend".

Not "addition by subtraction".
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Not really. It's just another "let's restrict content and call it an event" event, like @Empire_TW always rails against. These are absolutely not "real" events. Real events would be something like "Target System weekend" or "6v6 HvV" or "additional star card slot weekend" or "Extraction with Heroes weekend".

I have to agree. Any “event” should be an optional participation setup, with the standard game rulesets still available.
  • Still serious bug fix is needed!
    Honestly I wouldn't mind wait a little bit longer for content if all the game breaking bugs are fixed.
    (not to mention that almost every content drop came with serious bugs/issues)
    Please guys focus on Bug Fix!!
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Will Co-Op allow us to be matched with randoms, or will we have to pull people off our friends list and party up before connecting?

Will Instant Action allow for XP/Milestone completion? Looking forward to the CTs that explain everything.

I'd like answers to this, please.
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Extraction 100% doesn't ever need heroes, it needs 2 more maps.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Funny how everyone complained about the lightsaber only event stating its locking content but everyone is excited for blasters only.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Where's some new Luke appearances?? You really need to finish up the New Hope appearances, 2 years in and no New Hope Appearances for Luke is ridiculous...

Most wanted skins:
    Old Ben Kenobi
    Padawan Obi-Wan
    Farmer Luke
    X-wing Pilot Luke
    Padawan Anakin
    New Hope Han Solo
    Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (with or without helmet)
    Chewbacca with C3-PO backpack (C3-PO in pieces, C3-PO would have voice lines)
    Dagobah Luke (with Yoda backpack? Yes!)
    Bespin Luke
    Bespin Han Solo
    Endor Luke (complete the set)
    Finn in Stormtrooper Disguise (with or without helmet, put some blood on helmet)
    Senator Palpatine (In the Red Robes)
    Old Man Luke (ep 7)
    Boba Fett in Jango Fett's Armor
    Hooded Darth Maul
    Battle Damaged Vader
    Battle Damaged Phasma

Leia is good, Lando is good, Rey is good (unless something new in Ep9), Kylo Ren is good (unless something new in Ep9), Bossk is good, Iden is good, Yoda is good, Grievous is good, and Count Dooku is good to go with the appearances we have (unless someone can think of something cool for them).

Han and Finn in Stormtrooper would be super easy to do, as would the Battle Damaged Vader/Phasmas. I want my Luke's...
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Extraction 100% doesn't ever need heroes, it needs 2 more maps.

You're missing the point. I'm pointing out ways that they can hold limited time events that actually bring new experiences that we haven't had before. "Let's killswitch half the characters" isn't exciting or innovative to many of us. Maps have nothing to do with the point here. Un-killswitching heroes in Extraction for 2 days would most assuredly provide a new experience that none of us have had. You know it would be a simple thing for them.

I don't get paid to be a game designer (or a QA tester, for that matter) but I can come up with better ideas for events than the guys who do.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• No match for a good blaster should carry across to GA as well. Would switch that mode up having heroes but no lightsabers.