criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

September Community Calendar

2Next

Replies

• xjippyx wrote: »
    No match for a good blaster should carry across to GA as well. Would switch that mode up having heroes but no lightsabers.

Realistically it would not be much different to GA without heroes. Sorry but the most iconic Star Wars characters tend to be those with light sabers. Blaster characters are the proverbial dime a dozen (no disrespect intended). They really aren't too different from the "generic" classes in many cases.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Now this is a calendar filled with real events.

Not really. It's just another "let's restrict content and call it an event" event, like @Empire_TW always rails against. These are absolutely not "real" events. Real events would be something like "Target System weekend" or "6v6 HvV" or "additional star card slot weekend" or "Extraction with Heroes weekend".

Not "addition by subtraction".

Extraction 100% doesn't ever need heroes, it needs 2 more maps.
    An event that has heroes only in Extraction. That’s sounds great to me.
  • Congratulations you killed your playerbase with this weekendevent. Don't beleve me run de numbers afterwards.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    rh5xykbmy615.jpg

Now this is a calendar filled with real events.

Not really. It's just another "let's restrict content and call it an event" event, like @Empire_TW always rails against. These are absolutely not "real" events. Real events would be something like "Target System weekend" or "6v6 HvV" or "additional star card slot weekend" or "Extraction with Heroes weekend".

Not "addition by subtraction".

Extraction 100% doesn't ever need heroes, it needs 2 more maps.

You're missing the point. I'm pointing out ways that they can hold limited time events that actually bring new experiences that we haven't had before. "Let's killswitch half the characters" isn't exciting or innovative to many of us. Maps have nothing to do with the point here. Un-killswitching heroes in Extraction for 2 days would most assuredly provide a new experience that none of us have had. You know it would be a simple thing for them.

I don't get paid to be a game designer (or a QA tester, for that matter) but I can come up with better ideas for events than the guys who do.

Honestly if you don't like the events then don't play them. I get that the whole addition by subtraction thing comes into play but I would much rather have the team work on kickass updates and release ***** events. If they put more time into events thats less time towards the updates. Sadly I do wish we did have more events like the all 8 heros for GA but the devs are doing a good job with content and we shouldn't botch that becuase some events are *****
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • I want to be excited for offline, but I just can't.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    I hate to be the cynic in the room but is the reason for the delay of the Community Calendar that you had to remove the Luke Skin challenge? Because it is...kinda missing.

Nope, the delay was literally because we were behind a little after Gamescom, it is always a weird time around July>September time.

The reason why the Luke Skin challenge isn't in this Community Calendar is that Ben had written it incorrectly in the Community Transmission for September when it was always intended to be October, sorry for the confusion with that.

That’s good to know!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Really enjoying BOOTS ON THE GROUND!!! Thanks guys, it has freshened up some of the maps on Galactic Assault!
  • of course, you gonna bring back the old HvsV ! ;)
  • What happen to the single player aka instant action? not happening I guess
  • R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
    54 posts Member
    edited September 15
    This Boots on Ground event sucks. There could be a permanent GA variant of this mode but with only vehicles or starships omitted-not heroes. This no heroes/no vehicles game mode just sucks. Its too bland and devoid of action without them. The objectives can be difficult enough with heroes and vehicles.

What time does it end tonight? Hopefully soon. Played probably 90% less because of this awful event & that includes 90% of my friends playing a lot less too. It’d be fine on different modes &/or smaller maps but its making GA awful & boring.🤬
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    What happen to the single player aka instant action? not happening I guess

Thats with the update on the 25th
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • What time does trash on ground event end?
  • moistboii wrote: »
    What time does trash on ground event end?

Not soon enough. 🤔😐😮 The calendar said 15Sep19 at 4am UTC which it was at 12am US Eastern Standard Time. None or rather most of my friends & I did not play GA in this severely stunted mode so we got by on HvV. I went to check GA but Crap on teh Ground was still going. It can’t end fast enough.🤬

End this madness and let us have our vehicles, heroes & villians back

PLEASE!

K THX😁

• Boots on the ground hasn't bothered me. Though I suspect the Blaster Heros only HvV will be lopsided towards the dark side.. by a lot. The light side blaster heros are a bit weak but really they are about right, the dark side blaster heros are op..

Saber users should all drain about half the stamina that they currently do blocking blaster shots.

Iden's alt fire isn't blockable, so should have dmg reduced (especially since leia's alt fire was nerfed), or slow down the recycle. The stun then face-melt-dead is ridiculous... head shots should only do increased dmg for the first few hits, or any auto-aiming should not work as a head shot (talking about pc not console)... or a single headshot should instantly break any stun. Something. And after a stun there should be a brief 2 or 3 second stun immunity from any source.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Will Co-Op allow us to be matched with randoms, or will we have to pull people off our friends list and party up before connecting?

Will Instant Action allow for XP/Milestone completion? Looking forward to the CTs that explain everything.

I'd like answers to this, please.

For Co-Op, I believe you can either party up or leave it up to matchmaking. As for Instant Action, I don't think we can get XP or milestone progression since it's offline.
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    What happen to the single player aka instant action? not happening I guess

Not until the update on the 25th.
  • If I wanted to play Blast, I would play Blast. This “event” is nothing more than Blast on steroids
  • I can't wait for heroes to return, because i know now that they are the only ones that are not afraid to get into a fight and to play the objective. People rely way too much on the heroes and I cannot wait for them to return so I will finally have players willing to play an objective.
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Honestly if you don't like the events then don't play them.

I didn't. I pretty much never do, unless it's HU. I played HvV, like usual.

I get that the whole addition by subtraction thing comes into play but I would much rather have the team work on kickass updates and release ***** events.

It should be pretty clear by now that they aren't capable of either. Over the course of a year and a half, they've given us maybe 3 to 6 months worth of "good" content, if you were to smoosh it all together. I couldn't imagine the game without General Greebs (ARC Trooper was pretty cool too!), so that definitely passes the "kickass" smell test, as well as the ability to turn sabers off and on. Otherwise it has been mostly "meh" tempered with the fact that they seriously break something every single update, like when they brought us the emo wheel (which nobody asked for) and in the process broke emotes for MONTHS....not to mention their recent rollback of "Super Magnetic Saber Funtime X".

I'm still looking forward to the Luke skin, but it's gonna be weird considering their character model looks somewhere between a 50 year old Luke and Steve Buscemi, but whatever....they keep trying to improve him. I see it often (little changes in his face model) in their updates, so that I appreciate.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • @F8RGE
    Loved the no heroes weekend! Can that be permanently arranged?
  • The no match for a good blaster event was awesome for Heroes vs villains. That event should be every weekend cause it's nice to mix things up. I played better with certain blaster characters in this event like I finally broke through and came in first place with Iden Versio twice on HvV. Also I came in first with Captain Phasma too. I hope you guys do this event like every weekend.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!