criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

DICE Please Celebrate 40 Year Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back next year, in May of 2020

It’s never too early to plan ahead. We’re just over 8 months from a 40 year anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back that came out in May of 1980. It would be so cool for you guys to start celebrating anniversaries as these in the game. I really wished you did something like that this past May when we had the 20th Anniversary of Phantom Menace, but sadly there wasn’t even a mention of it. I know you guys are busy as is, but if planned ahead of time maybe you could start adding such special dates and anniversaries into your internal roadmap, to release Updates themed around those dates, so the game could finally become a platform not only to celebrate upcoming movies, but ones of the past as well.

I personally would love to see some new Appearances from that film come to the game. Like Luke’s Pilot, Bespin or Jedi in Training looks. Then there is Leia’s Bespin dress and of course Chewbacca with C-3PO on his back. A new or old map inspired by the film would be amazing as well. Carbon Freezing Chamber comes to mind.

People have recently been asking to go back to the Original Era. What better way to go back there if not for a 40 Year Anniversary Celebration in May of 2020.

Replies

• I just imagine, how cool it would be, to get all of this. And of course Battle of Hoth for Capital Supremacy and Instant Action. Please DICE, make this happen.
  • I just imagine, how cool it would be, to get all of this. And of course Battle of Hoth for Capital Supremacy and Instant Action. Please DICE, make this happen.

Glad to hear! :)