criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Shout-out for Boots on the Ground event.

Prev134
Ppong_Man12
2570 posts Member
edited September 11
So who’s excited and going to be playing this mode, hope we have a ton show up to play this weekend so this thing gets some traction. Also a big thanks @F8RGE and the devs for making it happen.

Replies

• but i have just F8rged a new purple saber..

:(
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    Next event will be heroes only, can't wait.

But you won't have troopers to farm, you'll be as useless as in HvV :open_mouth:

Wew, good thing i only do showdowns then.

So why do you care about troopers only in GA, CS? 🤔🤔
  • Next event will be heroes only, can't wait.
    Same here :)

Enjoy trying to find a game :smiley:
  • Want to know where the title comes from?

https://lol.disney.com/games/rogue-one-boots-on-the-ground-star-wars-arcade

Hint: I think we're getting something around the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series!
  • Beyond keen. Only thought it was gonna be for CS, so glad it's gonna be for GA as well. GA will actually be a good mode for a weekend.

Truly hope this event is a regular occurrence as I can guarantee a lot of people will favour it.
    Wait it’s for both, dang, I liked the idea of having events that are just in one mode so if you don’t want to play it you can play the other mode.

• SWymsa wrote: »
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Next event will be heroes only, can't wait.

But you won't have troopers to farm, you'll be as useless as in HvV :open_mouth:

Wew, good thing i only do showdowns then.

So why do you care about troopers only in GA, CS? 🤔🤔

Your right, just wanted to clown around.
  • I heard the next heroes only event is called "force unleashed" you can play as the same hero and the cooldowns are as fast as the option in arcade at maxed.
  • Nien_nunb wrote: »
    I heard the next heroes only event is called "force unleashed" you can play as the same hero and the cooldowns are as fast as the option in arcade at maxed.

yxzwodh4iaep.gif

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.

He is the best there is. . .

The best there has ever been. . .

And he knows it.

• So who’s excited and going to be playing this mode, hope we have a ton show up to play this weekend so this thing gets some traction. Also a big thanks @F8RGE and the devs for making it happen.

I'm excited! :hushed:
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I’m in! Will redownload Friday

Better start downloading now
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I'm gonna try it out because I like blast once in awhile, but it honestly sounds a little boring without heroes. I applaud no vehicles. Vehicles are wayyyyy more annoying than heroes. Definitely looking forward to blaster HvV though. That's gonna be fun. Boba will dominate for sure

You mean that petty scum I ate?
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I’m in! Will redownload Friday

Better start downloading now

Lol probably a good call
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm gonna try it out because I like blast once in awhile, but it honestly sounds a little boring without heroes. I applaud no vehicles. Vehicles are wayyyyy more annoying than heroes. Definitely looking forward to blaster HvV though. That's gonna be fun. Boba will dominate for sure

He should have just used Air Recovery on you

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.

He is the best there is. . .

The best there has ever been. . .

And he knows it.

🤣🤣
  • What about Palps in the blasters event? I consider him a blaster hero since he has no saber. I guess hes technically a hybrid. Is he supposed to be excluded in both events? I hope hes a part of blasters only cause if not DS will only have 4 choices

No way, starfighters are annoying but vehicles are fine. Speeders are easy to kill or avoid if you see them coming, armor can be killed easy with heavy's ion weapon, and artillery is already meh. Heroes / hero spam / skilless players always racing to be a hero / hero obsession / hero handicap are all 10x worse than anything in the game. GA and CS without heroes will best thing as heroes make them a trash experience, especially GA. Wouldn't mind a similar event that still keeps heroes out but also has ground vehicles included.

That's cool man. I know alot of people share your opinion, but I know alot also share mine. Heroes arent going anywhere. As a once in awhile event this is fine, just like HU. I will say that hero cost should be raised to 6 or 8k and number limited to 2 per side in all phases tho. Vehicles ***** me off alot more than heroes LOL but that's just me. Just my 2 cents😁
  • So who’s excited and going to be playing this mode, hope we have a ton show up to play this weekend so this thing gets some traction. Also a big thanks @F8RGE and the devs for making it happen.

I’m looking forward to this weekend, and am surprised the event is on both big modes. Curious how it will play though I’m afraid everybody will jump onto the reinforcements as a hero substitute since they will keep them in. Still glad this event is happening.

Good one! :)

• skincarver wrote: »
    So who’s excited and going to be playing this mode, hope we have a ton show up to play this weekend so this thing gets some traction. Also a big thanks @F8RGE and the devs for making it happen.

I’m looking forward to this weekend, and am surprised the event is on both big modes. Curious how it will play though I’m afraid everybody will jump onto the reinforcements as a hero substitute since they will keep them in. Still glad this event is happening.

Yea trooper only mode still missed the mark unfortunately. But the reinforcements will get hit hard.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Reinforcements aren't heroes so it's not gonna be a problem
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Not a problem per se but as the others have mentioned, it misses the mark as being a “trooper” event.
    Having reinforcements at the event, it might turn out like blast but on a larger map. I too would have preferred troopers and vehicles rather than reinforcements.

skincarver wrote: »

Not a problem per se but as the others have mentioned, it misses the mark as being a “trooper” event.
    Having reinforcements at the event, it might turn out like blast but on a larger map. I too would have preferred troopers and vehicles rather than reinforcements.

Troopers-only in large modes would be boring, and I love troopers. Troopers-only in a small objective mode, now that needs to happen. Reinforcements are still easy to kill even when playing as troopers, and are needed in big modes to push objectives / clear out groups.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Beyond keen. Only thought it was gonna be for CS, so glad it's gonna be for GA as well. GA will actually be a good mode for a weekend.

Truly hope this event is a regular occurrence as I can guarantee a lot of people will favour it.

Agree.

I’ll be returning to GA this weekend.

It’ll be attack if the aerials for sure. However it’s still better than trying to chase down competent Yoda players.
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited September 12
    lowell wrote: »
    Want to know where the title comes from?

https://lol.disney.com/games/rogue-one-boots-on-the-ground-star-wars-arcade

Hint: I think we're getting something around the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series!

I'm guessing the LOL person isn't looking forward to Rogue One content coming to the game, then.

Well, more for me and everybody else who wants it.

If they LOL this post, that confirms it!

Troopers-only in large modes would be boring, and I love troopers. Troopers-only in a small objective mode, now that needs to happen. Reinforcements are still easy to kill even when playing as troopers, and are needed in big modes to push objectives / clear out groups.

Afaik turning point was an infantry mode and is still one of the most liked modes from bf15.
    I wouldn’t find a large all infantry mode boring.
    I know reinforcements can be(!) easy to kill, it all depends on the amount of spawnable units.
    I simply don’t like tiered unit gameplay, that playing as infantry means you’ll always have an uphill battle when surrounded by stronger units.
    Killing a reinforcement with a trooper is not the issue. The lack of a true infantry mode is.

Afaik turning point was an infantry mode and is still one of the most liked modes from bf15.
    I know reinforcements can be(!) easy to kill, it all depends on the amount of spawnable units.
    I simply don’t like tiered unit gameplay, that playing as infantry means you’ll always have an uphill battle when surrounded by stronger units.
    Killing a reinforcement with a trooper is not the issue. The lack of a true infantry mode is.

Turning point was amazing but felt more like a medium-sized mode; GA and CS feel larger. Co-Op is basically turning point anyway.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Turning point was amazing but felt more like a medium-sized mode; GA and CS feel larger. Co-Op is basically turning point anyway.

But co-op is playing vs bots which I am not a fan of 🤷🏻‍♂️

But co-op is playing vs bots which I am not a fan of 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah true but if the AI are a decent challenge then it'll offer something different and even attract a different audience to the game
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Beyond keen. Only thought it was gonna be for CS, so glad it's gonna be for GA as well. GA will actually be a good mode for a weekend.

Agree.

The fact that people are reinstalling the game / returning to GA because of this event says something.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Beyond keen. Only thought it was gonna be for CS, so glad it's gonna be for GA as well. GA will actually be a good mode for a weekend.

Agree.

The fact that people are reinstalling the game / returning to GA because of this event says something.

Yeah. I hope Dice will take note of the fact.

• See you all Sunday for a whole day of it!! I'm too busy Friday and Saturday unfortunately 😔