criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Lead Animator at DICE teases possible Hero?

graveyard3377
60 posts Member
edited September 12
He said at the end of the interview that after working on Dooku he's working on something "equally as good if not better." What do you all think it is?

You can watch the interview here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axL0BglpzNk

Replies

• Maybe. I thought it was interesting the first hero he did Maul.
  • I'd doubt it was a blaster hero, they don't get to use many animations, and Dooku has some of the nicest looking animations in the game.

At a guess I'd go with Ventress, since she is basically using a dual wielding version of Dooku's Makashi style.
  • Hopefully it’s either Jyn, Krennic, Mace, Jango, Cad Bane, padme, Poe, or Hux
  • It's not mace, nor jango nor cad bane nor Padme nor Poe nor hux (like hux is even a thought) and never will be
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    It's not mace, nor jango nor cad bane nor Padme nor Poe nor hux (like hux is even a thought) and never will be

Who do you think it is then?
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    I reckon he means ahsoka cuz of how flashy she is, hes the lead animator. I dont think krennic or poe would make him feel really satisfied when hes just been talking about darth maul.
  • I think it's most probably someone new who'll be in upcoming movie. Still there's high possibility of an obvious female saber user for both sides.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    It's not mace, nor jango nor cad bane nor Padme nor Poe nor hux (like hux is even a thought) and never will be

Most likely Ashoka.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Definitely not krennic. Probably a hero from the movie like poe if not ahsoka

Definitely not Poe. He ain't coming lol, Krennic will be eventually.

Why not Poe? Who else would you use from the Sequel Trilogy? They could use another hero and villain and we have Rise of Skywalker content coming later this year.

Poe is in space where he belongs in this game.

Bur for a villain, they should add Bazine Netal.

Best I can come up ls is jetpack Maz :|
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Darth_Vapor3
    4226 posts Member
    edited September 12
    tankertoad wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »

Most likely Ashoka.

Well... Whatever. If not Mace, and of course it’s not Mace, I hope it’s a blaster hero. I’d really like a LS blaster hero with a repeating blaster rifle of some kind.

Ahsoka/Ventress isn’t the end of the world though.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Why not Poe? Who else would you use from the Sequel Trilogy? They could use another hero and villain and we have Rise of Skywalker content coming later this year.

Absolutely. He's a pilot and tbh, barely a Hero.
  • JediJulius
    632 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Han Solo is a pilot/smuggler and isn't exactly a Jedi, Mandalorian, Trandoshan, Special Forces, or a military general (in a conventional sense) either yet he's a hero and I'm sure people would be absolutely livid if he wasn't.

Even if that was the logic, then who else would we use? Rose Tico? Don't make me laugh. Some new side resistance character that appears for 5 minutes in Rise of Skywalker?

While I'm all for adding people like Ahsoka, Ventress, Jyn Erso, Krennic, Dirt Nap Dengar, etc, that doesn't mean the Sequel trilogy should be completely excluded when they could use at least one more hero/villain pair.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Bur for a villain, they should add Bazine Netal.

Best I can come up ls is jetpack Maz :|

Actually, Poe has been on the ground in the comics with Black Squadron (Snap Wexley, Karé Kun, Jess Pava, Suralinda Javos) and in Resistance with Kazuda Xiono.

• ZephanUnbound
    3059 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Sounds like a lightsaber character to me, since he said "equally as good if not better" than Dooku. Gotta be Ahsoka/Ventress I would think, those seem like they'd be the highest priority lightsaber characters currently, since DICE has basically shot down Mace multiple times.
  • Its gonna be Revan, and he's gonna have 4 abilities, it will be stasis field (stun all enemies around him), force wall (knock back all enemies around him), drain life (does damage to all enemies around him and heals him) and his 4th ability will be "aspiring presence", a passive that when near your Ally's they fight harder and get %20 cooldown time on all abilities. And yes revan will be OP. Can't wait! Oh and Revan can be picked on both sides, since he was a master at dark and light.

Yup, and he will be a unique hero never before seen because of his new playstyle with 2 lightsabers, red and purple. As far as costumes go, he will have his default masked version and then 20k credit unmasked.3qn6fyzqgaeg.jpg
  • Nien_nunb wrote: »
    Its gonna be Revan, and he's gonna have 4 abilities, it will be stasis field (stun all enemies around him), force wall (knock back all enemies around him), drain life (does damage to all enemies around him and heals him) and his 4th ability will be "aspiring presence", a passive that when near your Ally's they fight harder and get %20 cooldown time on all abilities. And yes revan will be OP. Can't wait! Oh and Revan can be picked on both sides, since he was a master at dark and light.

Yup, and he will be a unique hero never before seen because of his new playstyle with 2 lightsabers, red and purple. As far as costumes go, he will have his default masked version and then 20k credit unmasked.3qn6fyzqgaeg.jpg

He's not canon yet but they have had teases about someone like him:

1XZXGHcrDgznIOoP35rWtF3HmPTT3YCvgBLeOGF0B4o.jpg?s=44265786a8e885cfd4228716c263dc9468024aad

And other Old Republic stuff (this might be the canon version of the Old Republic that's rumored to be covered in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy):

The Mandalorian-Jedi War

latest?cb=20100201055556

Great Scourge of Malachor

latest?cb=20160331142001

hqdefault.jpg

Tarre Viszla and the Darksaber

Wouldn't be surprised if they go over more on Mandalorian-related Old Republic lore in the Mandalorian, despite it being in the post-ROTJ timeline.

• Sounds like a lightsaber character to me, since he said "equally as good if not better" than Dooku. Gotta be Ahsoka/Ventress I would think, those seem like they'd be the highest priority lightsaber characters currently, since DICE has basically shot down Mace multiple times.

I wonder if DICE contacted Lucasfilm immediately after Season 7 was announced and asked them to send any assets as soon as they were done with them to DICE so they could make tie-in content to be ready for release with the episodes coming in February.
  • JediJulius wrote: »

Han Solo is a pilot/smuggler and isn't exactly a Jedi, Mandalorian, Trandoshan, Special Forces, or a military general (in a conventional sense) either yet he's a hero and I'm sure people would be absolutely livid if he wasn't.

Even if that was the logic, then who else would we use? Rose Tico? Don't make me laugh. Some new side resistance character that appears for 5 minutes in Rise of Skywalker?

While I'm all for adding people like Ahsoka, Ventress, Jyn Erso, Krennic, Dirt Nap Dengar, etc, that doesn't mean the Sequel trilogy should be completely excluded when they could use at least one more hero/villain pair.

Solo is a completely different style of character. To even compare him and Poe is laughable.
  • What got me most encouraged is that he said Sept would be last month for PT content additions and they are planning giving the OT and ST some lovin! That will get me back into this game.
    After 18 months of PT content I wanna see what these guys can do with the OT and ST!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Granted that prolly won't apply to hero additions...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • To clarify, it was the lead developer who said the OT and ST would be getting some luvin, not the animator.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Solo is a completely different style of character. To even compare him and Poe is laughable.

Hey, last time I checked you're the one who looked at Poe and went "He's just a pilot."
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4226 posts Member
    edited September 13

No he isn’t. And no it isn’t.

But it’s not the best comparison. The best comparison for Poe is Leia.

Of the main three parallel characters between the ST and OT, Poe is analogous to Leia. He’s the true believer. The one who’s emotionally and psychologically all-in for the good fight before the film begins. Just like Leia. He even replaces her as the Leader. Passing of the torch, that.

Rey is Luke. No explanation needed.

Finn is Han. He’s the self centered survivalist who is really a good guy painted in a bad guy environment. He gets swept up in the good fight due to his involvement with the other two high quality characters.

All six are similar in many ways.
  • JediJulius wrote: »

Hey, last time I checked you're the one who looked at Poe and went "He's just a pilot."

I did. You then said the same could be said for Solo.

That last bit you quoted was my response to you.
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    What got me most encouraged is that he said Sept would be last month for PT content additions and they are planning giving the OT and ST some lovin! That will get me back into this game.
    After 18 months of PT content I wanna see what these guys can do with the OT and ST!

i gotta say the inferno squad patch is sick.....wow man thats awesome
  • Most likely working on Ashoka and Ventress for February when season 7 releases. He said he leads a team so they are probably working on Erso and Krennic as well?