criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

4k/Ultra Settings: RTX 2080 super or RTX 2080 ti needed?

Derelderp
172 posts Member
edited September 12
Hey, i changed my old 1080p Screen for a Curved 2160p Screen.
I was aware that my GTX 1070 will run 1440p at max, if set to ultra settings and wanting minimumfps of 60.
It does well. Only on Kashyyk when jumping as a hero i sometimes drop to 53 FPS but thats okay.

So i was thinking about getting a new GPU that does minfps of 60 in 4K+Ultra Settings.

The RTX 2080 Super seems to underperform slightly in this scenario.
Weirdly enough, there are old Benchmarks that claim the 1080ti could run the game on 4k with ultra settings at minFPS of 60, which doesnt make sense.

I also found that on Naboo specifically, the 8 GB of Vram is not enough, 10.5 GB is needed.
Thus i would need a RTX 2080ti but im not really ready to spend so much money, i would rather wait for the 3080 next year then.

Does anyone play the game with a RTX 2080 Super in 4K?
What are you average and minimum FPS?

Reaming Specs of my rig (Built 08/2016):
Case: Fractal Design R5
CPU:Intel Core [email protected] Stock
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series h-115i
Power Supply: Corsair RM550X
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vegance LPX DDR4-3000
MB: Asrock Z170 Extreme 4
SSD: 500 GB SSD (850 Evo)
HDD: 3x3 TB HDD Raid 0 (WD Green)

Replies

  • Lol. Man, you got a NASA computer.

    How is it you are coming here to ask those questions?

    Regular ppl dont have those rigs (over 3000 euro).

    Go to Tom's Hardware or to nVidia forum or to Guru3d forum where other space computers owners show off on their 'ferrari rigs'.
  • You PC bro?
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol. Man, you got a NASA computer.

    How is it you are coming here to ask those questions?

    Regular ppl dont have those rigs (over 3000 euro).

    Go to Tom's Hardware or to nVidia forum or to Guru3d forum where other space computers owners show off on their 'ferrari rigs'.

    so let me get this straight because he has an above average computer he shouldnt ask in a Forum about a game questions about a Game?

    What kind of thinking is that? Because he invested more money than an average person into a computer to play his favourite Games he should be cast out?

    ON the Topic:
    Shouldnt there be Game specific Game Benchmarks for the current GPUs?

    Im havin stable 60Fps on Ultra setting with an AMD RX 580 but since my CPU sucks major.... well lets say i have long loading times due to DDR3 RAm and a ***** CPU so i cant help you mate
  • Derelderp
    172 posts Member
    edited September 12
    3000 USD?
    When i order my PC it was 1700 Euro.
    F.ex. alle Hard Drives were Taken from my old PC.

    In 2019, a 6700K with 4 Cores is barely middle class.
    Look at the new Ryzens where 12 cores are available for less than USD 500.
    My CPU isnt High End at all.

    Same for the GTX 1070.
    You can buy that for USD 230 today.
    Thats not high-end either. It wasnt even back in 2016, where the high-end segment was represented by the gtx 1080 and the Titan Cards.
    It not beeing high end is the reason why this thread event exists in the first place...

    The RAM with 32GB is the only thing that you may consider high-end.
    Funny enough, this isnt because of Gaming.
    For my work i have 20GB Ram used on windows Desktop lol.

    Maybe its our Age difference. I suppose your still going to school and do not have an income?
    Wait until your adult. When i was in school i too had to stick to bad GPUs like the HD2400 pro (40 USD at release) the HD 2600 XT(100 Euro at release) or the HD 4850 (200 Euro at Release).
    Only when i turned 19 and went to university i got my first (and until today the only) high-end GPU which was the HD 7970 (600 Euro).

  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    My system is better spec than that and i still get Lag lol even though my onscreen FPS says otherwise.

    So to the OP do some research and get what you can afford to future proof it.
  • Derelderp wrote: »
    3000 USD?
    When i order my PC it was 1700 Euro.
    F.ex. alle Hard Drives were Taken from my old PC.

    In 2019, a 6700K with 4 Cores is barely middle class.
    Look at the new Ryzens where 12 cores are available for less than USD 500.
    My CPU isnt High End at all.

    Same for the GTX 1070.
    You can buy that for USD 230 today.
    Thats not high-end either. It wasnt even back in 2016, where the high-end segment was represented by the gtx 1080 and the Titan Cards.
    It not beeing high end is the reason why this thread event exists in the first place...

    The RAM with 32GB is the only thing that you may consider high-end.
    Funny enough, this isnt because of Gaming.
    For my work i have 20GB Ram used on windows Desktop lol.

    Maybe its our Age difference. I suppose your still going to school and do not have an income?
    Wait until your adult. When i was in school i too had to stick to bad GPUs like the HD2400 pro (40 USD at release) the HD 2600 XT(100 Euro at release) or the HD 4850 (200 Euro at Release).
    Only when i turned 19 and went to university i got my first (and until today the only) high-end GPU which was the HD 7970 (600 Euro).

    Just search for the prices of all the rig components (his screen included) and they sum up to 3000 euro. So ***** if u dont know what you are talking about.

    case, motherboard, ram, SSD's, graphics (2080 gti or super), monitor, power supply, cooling system, processor. Thats A RIG, not just the gpu.

    just the monitor 600 < monitor < 1300 euro

    nvidia RTX 2080 ti 1000 < graphics < 1200 euro

    Just that is minimum 1600 euro

    Case (Fractal Design R5) 100 euro

    Intel Core i7-6700K 260 euro

    Corsair Hydro Series h-115i 120 euro

    Corsair RM550X 100 euro

    32 GB Corsair Vegance LPX DDR4-3000 180 euro

    Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 150 euro

    500 GB SSD (850 Evo) 80 euro

    3 TB HDD Wd green 100 euro e/u = 300 euro

    1600 + 100 + 260 + 120 + 100 + 180 + 150 + 80 +300 = 2890 euro.

    Tadaaa.

    Not bad for calculating it in an overall glance.

    So, the guy is driving a Ferrari, or at least a sports car, and then he comes to regular drivers with regular cars and ask them how their cars are performing (he knows the answer already) and what they think they must do with his Ferrari (to ppl who does not know about driving a Ferrari).



    Come on.

    Thats why i tell him to go to specialized sites where ppl have similar rigs to ask them.

    Here the majority plays on console (same hardware specs, more or less) and most of pc users are very fortunate if they can have a 1080 placed inside their pc's alongside a decent cpu.









  • FYI

    3zcwr3p470mh.jpg
  • I use a 2060 and can get 60+ FPS on ultra so you should be fine
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol. Man, you got a NASA computer.

    How is it you are coming here to ask those questions?

    Regular ppl dont have those rigs (over 3000 euro).

    Go to Tom's Hardware or to nVidia forum or to Guru3d forum where other space computers owners show off on their 'ferrari rigs'.

    LOL what? Not only that rig is FAR from a “NASA” computer, it’s costs FAR less than 3000 euros, probably close to three times less.

    @OP I have an i7 7700K with a 1070ti and 16GB and while I play on 1080p, I get around 150 fps on all maps on Ultra so you don’t need to go overkill to reach your target. Also bare in mind that if you update your CPU whether you go for an AMD or an 8/9th gen Intel you will need to update your Motherboard. Besides, 12 cores for gaming? I don’t know of any game that goes that high.
    Anyways, I don’t know what’s your full purpose for your PC but if it’s strictly for gaming I would definitely not go for that as you are spending $500 on CPU + $650+ for
    the 2080 and that’s without the New motherboard.

    Go for an i7 9700K, an RTX 2070 and a Z390 MoBo, and you’ll save yourself around $300 dollars or more.

    Now, this is a personal advice. Sacrifice 4K for higher Frequency rate. I’d get a 1440p monitor with 144hz and 1ms response time, you will not regret it. The MSI Optix MAG271CQR is 144hz 1440p 27’’ curved. It’s $381 on Newegg if you are from USA. If you are a fan of shooters like me, 144hz is the way to go and you will squeeze more juice of the higher frame rate you’ll get from your RTX 2070. Besides, on top of the already over $300 you saved, you can return your new 4K monitor and be well below your initial budget.

    Good luck.
  • I use a 2060 and can get 60+ FPS on ultra so you should be fine

    The performance is not the same depending on the monitor u are using.

    Its not the same playing at 1080p than 2160p. A graphics card capable of mantaining a 60 fps stable frame rate @ultra on 1080p monitor maybe can give you no more than 20 fps on a 2160p one. More resolution = more gpu calc power because each frame generated is bigger in data.
  • 4k 60hz is only for the good look, not for good online gaming.

    If you would spend so much money, why would you aim for 60hz? Once you tried playing with higher refreshrates you sure dont want to go back to 60hz. 4k 60hz is the worst price-performance deal you can do. No matter how good your system is, when your monitor is 60hz, you are stuck there forever. There are some 4k monitors wich can do higher refreshrates than 60hz but they are expensive (1k€+)

    I dont know, but i think your monitor is 4k 60hz. If you can, i would try to get the money back. Buy a 120/144hz 4k monitor and then buy a 2080ti. Then you have all options you want to have. Playing games for the looks in 4k at whatever refreshrate you can get. And playing online games in qhd on ultra with easy 144hz.
    Everything else is in my opinion a waste of money. When you want to aim for 4k, then right.

    Peronally i think 4k is atm not the best price-performance deal ou can get, i would wait a few years.

    I play on PC with an i5-8600k, Strix RTX 2070 OC, 16Gb 3200Mhz ram on an qhd 27inch 144hz ips monitor and with ultra settings i get (with a few adjustments) 100-130 fps and surly dont want to go back to 60hz.

    So basically either aim at qhd 144hz+ or 4k 144hz+. 4k60hz is just a dead end for the future imo.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Derelderp wrote: »
    3000 USD?
    When i order my PC it was 1700 Euro.
    F.ex. alle Hard Drives were Taken from my old PC.

    In 2019, a 6700K with 4 Cores is barely middle class.
    Look at the new Ryzens where 12 cores are available for less than USD 500.
    My CPU isnt High End at all.

    Same for the GTX 1070.
    You can buy that for USD 230 today.
    Thats not high-end either. It wasnt even back in 2016, where the high-end segment was represented by the gtx 1080 and the Titan Cards.
    It not beeing high end is the reason why this thread event exists in the first place...

    The RAM with 32GB is the only thing that you may consider high-end.
    Funny enough, this isnt because of Gaming.
    For my work i have 20GB Ram used on windows Desktop lol.

    Maybe its our Age difference. I suppose your still going to school and do not have an income?
    Wait until your adult. When i was in school i too had to stick to bad GPUs like the HD2400 pro (40 USD at release) the HD 2600 XT(100 Euro at release) or the HD 4850 (200 Euro at Release).
    Only when i turned 19 and went to university i got my first (and until today the only) high-end GPU which was the HD 7970 (600 Euro).

    Just search for the prices of all the rig components (his screen included) and they sum up to 3000 euro. So ***** if u dont know what you are talking about.

    case, motherboard, ram, SSD's, graphics (2080 gti or super), monitor, power supply, cooling system, processor. Thats A RIG, not just the gpu.

    just the monitor 600 < monitor < 1300 euro

    nvidia RTX 2080 ti 1000 < graphics < 1200 euro

    Just that is minimum 1600 euro

    Case (Fractal Design R5) 100 euro

    Intel Core i7-6700K 260 euro

    Corsair Hydro Series h-115i 120 euro

    Corsair RM550X 100 euro

    32 GB Corsair Vegance LPX DDR4-3000 180 euro

    Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 150 euro

    500 GB SSD (850 Evo) 80 euro

    3 TB HDD Wd green 100 euro e/u = 300 euro

    1600 + 100 + 260 + 120 + 100 + 180 + 150 + 80 +300 = 2890 euro.

    Tadaaa.

    Not bad for calculating it in an overall glance.

    So, the guy is driving a Ferrari, or at least a sports car, and then he comes to regular drivers with regular cars and ask them how their cars are performing (he knows the answer already) and what they think they must do with his Ferrari (to ppl who does not know about driving a Ferrari).



    Come on.

    Thats why i tell him to go to specialized sites where ppl have similar rigs to ask them.

    Here the majority plays on console (same hardware specs, more or less) and most of pc users are very fortunate if they can have a 1080 placed inside their pc's alongside a decent cpu.








    anidriX wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol. Man, you got a NASA computer.

    How is it you are coming here to ask those questions?

    Regular ppl dont have those rigs (over 3000 euro).

    Go to Tom's Hardware or to nVidia forum or to Guru3d forum where other space computers owners show off on their 'ferrari rigs'.

    LOL what? Not only that rig is FAR from a “NASA” computer, it’s costs FAR less than 3000 euros, probably close to three times less.

    @OP I have an i7 7700K with a 1070ti and 16GB and while I play on 1080p, I get around 150 fps on all maps on Ultra so you don’t need to go overkill to reach your target. Also bare in mind that if you update your CPU whether you go for an AMD or an 8/9th gen Intel you will need to update your Motherboard. Besides, 12 cores for gaming? I don’t know of any game that goes that high.
    Anyways, I don’t know what’s your full purpose for your PC but if it’s strictly for gaming I would definitely not go for that as you are spending $500 on CPU + $650+ for
    the 2080 and that’s without the New motherboard.

    Go for an i7 9700K, an RTX 2070 and a Z390 MoBo, and you’ll save yourself around $300 dollars or more.

    Now, this is a personal advice. Sacrifice 4K for higher Frequency rate. I’d get a 1440p monitor with 144hz and 1ms response time, you will not regret it. The MSI Optix MAG271CQR is 144hz 1440p 27’’ curved. It’s $381 on Newegg if you are from USA. If you are a fan of shooters like me, 144hz is the way to go and you will squeeze more juice of the higher frame rate you’ll get from your RTX 2070. Besides, on top of the already over $300 you saved, you can return your new 4K monitor and be well below your initial budget.

    Good luck.

    Although, you are just right with your last paragraph.


  • Derelderp
    172 posts Member
    edited October 10
    To bring this Thread to an End.
    I didnt have much spare time the last weeks, thats why i took so long.

    After reviewing pretty much all Benchmarks i could find including all Youtube Videos showing used hardware, i have to admit that indeed, the only card that will guarantee you a minimum of 60FPS in 4k, ultra preset, 100% Resolution at all times is the RTX 2080ti.
    Even when going to the limits overclocking an RTX 2080 Super the best you can, you will drop under 60 FPS.


    Considering i needed another PSU anyway for the card, considering the HDDs in the current PC were to be replaced by SSDs soon anyway (they really sucked) and considering the first Games are starting to use 8 or even 12 CPU cores,, thus my 4core 6700k becoming a limiting factor very soon,i decided to build and orderd new System yesterday for USD 3700, including the service for it beeing built by the shop (Mindfactory)

    Now this is what you might call a NASA-PC. Altho, i expect that the CPU and RAM will last for 8-10 years and only the GPU will be upgraded twice after 4 and 8 years respectively. Thats why i choose to go for 64GB Ram. Right now they arent of any use. Call it an investment.

    This Version of the RTX 2080ti has a 3rd power connector and can take 330 instead of the standard 275 Watt, allowing it to be overclock by 20%. I expect that i will be able to use 4k + 120% resolution while remaining at 60 fps min thanks to the overclocking. This will further reduce the aliasing artifacts, altho i have to say that 4k itself reduces aliasing already considerably.

    PS: Prices are in Euro since it is a german shop.
    "Menge" is the german word for "Quantity".


    Einzelpreis: € 3.128,78*
    Gesamtpreis: € 3.128,78*

    Fractal Design Define R6 gedämmt Midi Tower ohne Netzteil schwarz
    Menge: 1

    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12x 3.80GHz So.AM4 BOX
    Menge: 1

    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite AMD X570 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
    Menge: 1

    Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT Tower Kühler
    Menge: 1

    1000GB PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC (M280CS3030-1TB-RB)
    Menge: 2

    850 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold
    Menge: 1

    32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-36 Dual Kit
    Menge: 2

    1000GB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s 3D-NAND QLC (MZ-76Q1T0BW)
    Menge: 1

    11GB MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 1xHDMI 2.0 / 1xUSB-C / 3xDisplayPort (Retail)
    Menge 1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!