criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

CS matches are TOO LONG and as a result, players join games long in progress.

I can’t stand joining a CS match and seeing that the top players have 200+ kills and it’s like the fifth time being back on the ground phase. It’s not fun. It ruins the flow of the game for the joining player and gets incredibly boring for players who were there from the beginning.

No doubt this problem is due to the changes to the ship interior phase

Replies

• They are indeed too long.
  • Yes, they're too long. The ground phases should build the percentages faster IMO if you have a majority of spots.

And yes, this mode constantly has people leaving and joining the game because of the length of games. I mean, just last night I was playing....I had an hour to play and promptly started a game. Well, an hour later it was still going and I had to quit without ever even finishing one game. Yeah, it was a great game but...

Games that are racking up 250 kills are just way too long and that shouldn't happen.
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    Every game I was in before the change dragged on and on also.

Not sure exactly how long, I'd drop out after the 3rd planet phase, which was usually an hour in.
    I don't think I've gotten credits from cs in months
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Waaaaaay too long. Most times I join a game with players over 100 kills. Today I joined with players over 200 and it took 4 times to destroy the power cell. I played for over 1.5 hrs. The match had to be over 2.5 hrs. I rarely start in a fresh game.

When I do finish a game and look forward to starting fresh....I have to play the same map....again...come on guys. 1 map and we move on. Nobody wants to be on the same map for 3+ hrs!
  • Every cs match I’ve been in have been over 1.5 hours for a long time. After a three and a half hour match last week I decided I was done with cs until something changes smh
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    Every cs match I’ve been in have been over 1.5 hours for a long time. After a three and a half hour match last week I decided I was done with cs until something changes smh

It just drags on and on, playing the same map over and over and over.

h846398gb27k.png

• Maybe rounds should end after X amounts of failed attempts to blow up the ship.
    Also the ground phase could be shortened successively as was already suggested on the forum.

Win or loss, at a certain point the round should end in some form.

• Games for me vary a lot. Some last anywhere from between 1 ground phase and a single attack/defend, to a 2hr slugout.
    I like long matches, but as a post above says...it kills me a bit to see its the same map for the next match. Actually quite a few lobbies seem to die at this stage (if long match), as i expect everyones looking for another map, or have had enough lol
  • Was literally in a match last week that lasted for 3 HOURS. That was honestly insane.

An easy way to fix this would be to remove a single capture point upon each return to the ground so everyone can get back up into the sky faster.

Would also help to have the 2nd objectives return in the ships so you're not met with an entire team blocking the doors. Could even keep the HP of the objectives the same as with less people guarding them, you'd be able to damage them more quickly.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • BradCafe wrote: »
    Was literally in a match last week that lasted for 3 HOURS. That was honestly insane.

An easy way to fix this would be to remove a single capture point upon each return to the ground so everyone can get back up into the sky faster.

Would also help to have the 2nd objectives return in the ships so you're not met with an entire team blocking the doors. Could even keep the HP of the objectives the same as with less people guarding them, you'd be able to damage them more quickly.

Agree. Two good suggestions.

I like this mode a lot but it can be beyond brutal at times with the length of matches. I mean, I like the longer matches....But to me longer shouldn't ever go over about 45-60 minutes. Anything beyond that I usually just quit the match.
  • There was the suggestion some time back to decrease the amount of tickets needed each time you get to ground phase again

E.g. first ground phase 100%
    Second Ground phase 75%
    Third Ground Phase 50%

This would make ground a lot quicker
  • The ship phase is the problem. It’s too easy to defend only one area.
  • The ship phase is the problem. It’s too easy to defend only one area.

If we are talking about the Droid ships phase 2 I agree. I don't think it is hard to destroy the clone core, there are just so many ways to cheese them I rarely see them last 1 attack, and if the droids win the ground phase again, they certainly aren't surviving a second assault.
  • Nithorian wrote: »
    The ship phase is the problem. It’s too easy to defend only one area.

If we are talking about the Droid ships phase 2 I agree. I don't think it is hard to destroy the clone core, there are just so many ways to cheese them I rarely see them last 1 attack, and if the droids win the ground phase again, they certainly aren't surviving a second assault.

Yeah. The Droid ship is much harder to take than the Clone’s.
  • But the length of CS matches is the modes strength and sets it apart from other games IMO. But they really should put the ship phase back to how it was.
  • I honestly think the change made them too short.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    But the length of CS matches is the modes strength and sets it apart from other games IMO. But they really should put the ship phase back to how it was.

How is it a strength when people are getting bored halfway through the match?

I'm not opposed to long matches, frontlines on Battlefield1 could have epic 2 1/2 hour wars, but cs just feels repetitive.

h846398gb27k.png