criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Explanation as to why i think the event isn't fun

First of i was surprised that the dev team reads the forums, i'm glad that they do and take our posts into consideration.

Anyway. I bought this game because i love Star Wars, and in this franchise the entire story basically evolves around the fight between the Jedi democracy, and the Sith. Playing as a common soldier is simply too plain and boring to me, which is why i dont play Battlefield at all. Star Wars and their unique heroes with amazing lore offer you the immerse experience of being someone significant in this gray world, you feel like you can change the world around you and that others notice your work too. You feel like a signifcant part of your team. Vehicles on the other hand have amazing designs especially ARC-170 it's amazing inside and out, taking the vehicles away you take a good portion of Star Wars to me. Maybe others prefer to play this game only for shooting, not me.

Replies

• Rah_Boogah wrote: »
    Reasons for why most people don’t like the event - play blast if you want trooper only game modes ;)

Dude....play HvV then lol.

• Its only for one weekend and is the opposite to HU so it evens out. It comes down to preference what you like more and i think many people like this event as do many people dislike it.
    Im not a fan of it either but heck its only till sunday ima survive dat
  • Great. Now I have to edit the title of my thread
  • So what do you do in CS or GA when you don’t get your hero right away? Quit? And if you normally don’t play those modes, then why are you complaining about a two-day event?
  • Nexor wrote: »
    First of i was surprised that the dev team reads the forums, i'm glad that they do and take our posts into consideration.

Anyway. I bought this game because i love Star Wars, and in this franchise the entire story basically evolves around the fight between the Jedi democracy, and the Sith. Playing as a common soldier is simply too plain and boring to me, which is why i dont play Battlefield at all. Star Wars and their unique heroes with amazing lore offer you the immerse experience of being someone significant in this gray world, you feel like you can change the world around you and that others notice your work too. You feel like a signifcant part of your team. Vehicles on the other hand have amazing designs especially ARC-170 it's amazing inside and out, taking the vehicles away you take a good portion of Star Wars to me. Maybe others prefer to play this game only for shooting, not me.

I like the trooper only modes like blast and extraction a lot but I agree that this takes away from the game experience for the large modes. I’d be happy if this could be made into a settings/option for players to agree to beforehand but making it an event I would avoid
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    So what do you do in CS or GA when you don’t get your hero right away? Quit? And if you normally don’t play those modes, then why are you complaining about a two-day event?

To your information i'm mostly at the top of the leaderboard, and get to play the hero first. When i don't i simply grind more points so when they die i have about 8k or so, giving me 2 heroes already. People tend to overextend and be aggressive, it's the matter of minutes before they lose their hero. And no, i dont camp in the selection screen, there are other more efficient methods
  • I wish there were still vehicles. In CS at least.
  • I’m gonna leave you a positive comment before the array of LOLs and negative comments calling you a hero main arrive.
    My main enjoyment of this game is playing heroes. I’m not saying I dislike playing as troopers, I do like it. In fact I used to play Battlefield 3. But in a Star Wars game, my main appeal are heroes which is why my main mode is HvV and why getting my hands on a hero is my goal whenever I play CS or GA. I pretty much never play reinforcements because I don’t want to spend BP on them. I am good playing any trooper class but my main appeal will always be heroes which is why this event is not of my particular interest.
    Being that said, I am extremely glad they finally did this event and it’s something that has been requested for such a long time, by myself included as I know trooper-only gameplay is important to a big portion of the community which is why I also strongly advocate for a large scale trooper-only mode even if it not particularly my cup of tea.

• anidriX wrote: »
    I’m gonna leave you a positive comment before the array of LOLs and negative comments calling you a hero main arrive.
    My main enjoyment of this game is playing heroes. I’m not saying I dislike playing as troopers, I do like it. In fact I used to play Battlefield 3. But in a Star Wars game, my main appeal are heroes which is why my main mode is HvV and why getting my hands on a hero is my goal whenever I play CS or GA. I pretty much never play reinforcements because I don’t want to spend BP on them. I am good playing any trooper class but my main appeal will always be heroes which is why this event is not of my particular interest.
    Being that said, I am extremely glad they finally did this event and it’s something that has been requested for such a long time, by myself included as I know trooper-only gameplay is important to a big portion of the community which is why I also strongly advocate for a large scale trooper-only mode even if it not particularly my cup of tea.

This is a very mature comment. If only the rest of forums could learn from you, but they'll just bash the op calling him a hero lord
  • If heroes are loved so much by so many, and they’re what makes this game fun for the masses..., then these forums should be flooded with threads wanting Heroes Unleashed as permanent mode, yet it’s not. You have no more right to a hero mode than I do to a trooper mode and viceversa.

I could easily say go play overwatch or stick to heroes and villains, it’s battlefront, we need both HU and BOTG because there’s more than one camp that loves battlefront.
  • Nexor wrote: »

You know, you are not the only person playing, and besides, this is the first trooper event in almost 2 years, heroes had plenty. And this is not herofront 😑
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Nexor wrote: »

You know, you are not the only person playing, and besides, this is the first trooper event in almost 2 years, heroes had plenty. And this is not herofront 😑

Where did he say it was? I know he vented out in a childish way in the other thread but in here he just said his appeal with this game is playing heroes and gave legit reasons. Why is that subject to criticism?
  • bfloo
    15830 posts Member
    They should have just pulled the heroes in 1 mode, not both GA & CS.

Love or hate the hero lords, they have a legit gripe.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• It's boring to me too. Geonosis GA in particular is awful with vehicles imo; without them it's even worse.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    They should have just pulled the heroes in 1 mode, not both GA & CS.

Love or hate the hero lords, they have a legit gripe.

I imagine they considered only one mode, but ending up just changing both. Maybe next time, if there is a next time, they will have enough feedback/data to choose the more appropriate mode and just change one mode.
  • I wish there were still vehicles. In CS at least.

I’m with you except I prefer GA over CS. No T-47 on Hoth. No speeder bikes on Endor. No star fighters anywhere. All EA had to do was simply remove heroes from GA but they couldn’t even get that right. I really don’t understand the decision making by the devs.
    #StarWars-y