criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

I will say it..............this event sucks.

Prev13
IMHO of course,

Having a trooper only mode is something that was highly requested. I can attest to seeing that myself right here in this very forum. I didn't request it, but just saying I did see it.

But why oh why are there no vehicles? Without vehicles or heros it felt immediately like blast. And after short periods I did not want to play it. And preferred instead to look for a Battlefield 4 match.

Although I didn't graduate Harvard or MIT, I do consider myself a scientist, and I do wonder about my current feelings concerning this event and how it exactly changes things and why.

But on the bright side, to me it felt like the droideka was a lot more menacing during this event. They are like paper tigers against ANY light saber wielder, but when there is no heros? They seemed a lot more deadly. And commanded a respect that was similar (although not quite as extreme) as the early days of Anakin's release as a playable hero. So maybe the droideka needs a slight buff to their shields or maybe how should I say a "selective" buff, being troopers VS them = one set of numbers and Lightsabers VS them = a different set of numbers.

Oh well, as others have pointed out its just a weekend event, but It did yield some interesting observations to how it all flows and meshes together.

Replies

• Look I'm sorry, but if you didn't graduate Harvard or MIT then I'm not taking your opinion seriously.

It's not fair.
  • SrawDawg
    907 posts Member
    edited September 13
    Dexyn wrote: »
    It really isn't fun, it's like playing Battlefield 4 Conquest Mode but no vehicles on land, water or air. Linear and dull.

Good comparison. I was hoping this event would have had a Battlefield esque feel to it but as soon as I saw the vehicles were also set to 400K I quickly lost interest.

I hope EA and DICE can realize after all this game and Battlefield has gone through these past few years is that I think the majority of Battlefield and Battlefront players want player controllable vehicles to be around. And vehicles and is what I think sets this game and Battlefield apart from all the other games out there.
  • Something I just thought of, maybe Dice is doing it like this to show us all that without heros and vehicles you basically have just a run of the mill shooter like.....ahem.......COD?????
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    Something I just thought of, maybe Dice is doing it like this to show us all that without heros and vehicles you basically have just a run of the mill shooter like.....ahem.......COD?????

Or maybe they're doing it to show hero scrubs up as embarrassingly bad players without hErO sKiLlZ? 🤷‍♂️

LOL or that.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Look I'm sorry, but if you didn't graduate Harvard or MIT then I'm not taking your opinion seriously.

It's not fair.

Why do you think you need to go to Harvard or MIT to be a respected scientist? Haha
    Look I'm sorry, but if you didn't graduate Harvard or MIT then I'm not taking your opinion seriously.

It's not fair.

x42vk3r2ipai.png
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Who woulda tot that stripping the game of it's most unique element would make it boring?...

Yes, stripping the game of heros feels like it has stripped it of its power.

For most it has.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6982 posts Member
    edited September 13
    It's like Call of Duty but without killstreaks. You have the food, but it has no flavor.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Event isn’t for me, but I know others enjoy it and it’s a nice change of pace.

Just avoiding trooper modes until Monday.

It's not fair.

Why do you think you need to go to Harvard or MIT to be a respected scientist? Haha

Well actually I don't think that but I feel as if the majority feel that way.
  • It's like Call of Duty but without killstreaks. You have the food, but it has no flavor.

Good point.
  • SrawDawg
    907 posts Member
    edited September 13

It's not fair.

x42vk3r2ipai.png

Do you realize the importance of that scene? Palpatine by his choice placed Anakin on the Jedi councel as his personal emissary to the Jedi but Mace Windu told him that he was on the council by Palps authority but did not have the rank of Jedi master. That angered Anakin, but if you think back to the scene where he was a little boy at the dinner table with his mother and Qui Gon and Obi Wan and Jarjar, Anakin told Qui Gon that he pod raced, which Qui Gon replied "very fast, very dangerous, you must have jedi reflexes". This of course was just an observation and guess by Qui gon without even knowing his personal "midi-chlorion" count which gave a visual statistic of his power in the force.

Which goes back to the argument of a natural Jedi like Rey VS a school trained one like Ren.
  • Event isn’t for me, but I know others enjoy it and it’s a nice change of pace.

Just avoiding trooper modes until Monday.

I noticed the pacing felt different as well. It didn't feel as "hectic" or explosive. Consider this as the other end of the spectrum opposite of Heroes Unleashed.
  • This event is nice but highlights how much of a trash shooter this game is. Any battlefield game over hero-less GA & capital. Heroes honestly make this game

It's not fair.

Ha!! What majority? The average person that couldn't give an example of something as simple as one difference between a proton and neutron? Who asked for their opinion anyway haha

It's not fair.

Ha!! What majority? The average person that couldn't give an example of something as simple as one difference between a proton and neutron? Who asked for their opinion anyway haha

I was always interested in understanding how things work.
  • It just feels like a below average shooter...it's not that good but it's not that bad either.

It's not fair.

I was always interested in understanding how things work.

Yeah I'm just saying that whatever the majority thinks usually doesn't matter.
  • Just played some of the original Battlefront 1 since it can be bought in the Xbox Store.
    Simply troopers & vehicles, no heros or reinforcements, why is it so hard to replicate that for a weekend event?
    This event is interesting but it falls short on what it could've been, thanks to the decision making on what's restricted.
  • I agree with you. I am glad that they've done this event so the community can see how boring GA is with only troopers. I played three rounds, and that was enough. What a snooze fest.

This.
  • Just played some of the original Battlefront 1 since it can be bought in the Xbox Store.
    Simply troopers & vehicles, no heros or reinforcements, why is it so hard to replicate that for a weekend event?
    This event is interesting but it falls short on what it could've been, thanks to the decision making on what's restricted.

I do not understand that either. It reminds me of requesting a HvV starfighter and initially being excited they had made it then being let down when I found out you could not play as hero starfighters the entire round and how hard it was to get matches.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Who woulda tot that stripping the game of it's most unique element would make it boring?...

i can give you someone who would do that.... he goes be "Cyro" and he's a crazed obsessed star wars fan bent on destroying SWBF2 and he want to make it boring.
  • Awesome event, now feels worthy of the Battlefront name. However I do agree that it should have kept vehicles and it does show that it is just an average shooter, but it is soooooooo much better without Heroes

I thought vehicles counted as part of the trooper aspect?
  • Bunebe89 wrote: »
    Boring as hell. Even though I don't play with heroes often, it is nice to have them on the battlefield. It brings variety and challenge.

Interesting observation, Ive commented before that they should (if nothing else) add AI starfighters to CS and have them fighting and crashing down around you. I think you are exactly right, it does add a lot to the formula and the whole experience.

This event is basically the alley fight scene in Big Trouble In Little China but without the 3 storms or Jack Burton and ***** Chi....and the truck.
  • Bunebe89 wrote: »
    Boring as hell. Even though I don't play with heroes often, it is nice to have them on the battlefield. It brings variety and challenge. I wonder how they came up with this event.

- So let's do an event guys. Think something creative.
    - Why don't we just cut the content.
    - Hurraayyy!!

Amen brother. Pure borefest. Heroes add variety and chaos which make it more fun. I cant stand vehicles, but even I can admit they make the modes better

Would you like AI controlled vehicles to play against though?
    Bunebe89 wrote: »
    Boring as hell. Even though I don't play with heroes often, it is nice to have them on the battlefield. It brings variety and challenge. I wonder how they came up with this event.

- So let's do an event guys. Think something creative.
    - Why don't we just cut the content.
    - Hurraayyy!!

Amen brother. Pure borefest. Heroes add variety and chaos which make it more fun. I cant stand vehicles, but even I can admit they make the modes better

Would you like AI controlled vehicles to play against though?

I'd prefer them to stay player controlled, but it wouldnt bother me if they were AI.
  • Good times, just need cargo and dropzone now.
    Awesome event, now feels worthy of the Battlefront name. However I do agree that it should have kept vehicles and it does show that it is just an average shooter, but it is soooooooo much better without Heroes

I thought vehicles counted as part of the trooper aspect?

Vehicles are reinforcements, so if other reinforcements are included, so should vehicles. But troopers or not, that means they should be included?
  • Lol I like the event cause it's a nice breath of fresh air but, the shooting aspect of this game is mediocre & has been stale for idk a year now. Just a worst version of battlefield atm.