criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Split GA Into Trooper Assault And HU

ROMG4
2887 posts Member
While I've been against introducing Heroes Unleashed as long as GA stayed the same

In my opinion I believe it's time to split GA up into two modes

Trooper Assault would only contain Infantry, Reinforcements, and Vehicles all at the same or higher BP cost

Heroes Unleashed would have everything be 75% off like normal. Both reinforcements and Vehicles

This would solve a large amount of grievances that have developed over the past two years. Players that dislike Cross Era, tiered combat and spam no longer have to deal with it and players that love it have an entire mode for it

This would improve the game
OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
The OOM-9 Thread
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Replies

• I agree.
  • I don't believe BP costs should be altered / lowered, etc.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Agree @ROMG4 100%, you would think the hero mains would love this.
  • GA is what keeps me playing. The only permanent change I would tolerate to it is an era lock. Otherwise, it’s fine as is. HU and BotG are fine for a weekend now and then.

I know right?

Honestly this would solve so many grievances since at this point we have two competing player bases inside of one single game. The Hero mains want nonstop chaos, to feel powerful and cool, and to have big battles. Trooper players generally just want a game built on teamwork, fortification, and frantic fire fights. Both sides ultimately want different things so ultimately this is just the best solution

It would also provide GA a good bit of contrast between it and CS which has more or less replaced GA as the primary mode

If they do this the game will be way better off than it is now
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I don't believe BP costs should be altered / lowered, etc.

More or less agree on Trooper Assault (I'll be calling Assault like you said from now on)

However In order to make it work and not just be an awkward divide, Heroes Unleashed should indeed have the BP cost cut to 75% in order to deliver on the chaos that Hero players want

I don't see any problems in playerbase divide from this. Team Fortress 2 has CTF for players that just want to relax, do dumb stuff, and have endless matches

BF2 has more than enough players who want the type of gameplay both of those modes would offer and ultimately satisfy more or less everyone
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • No, GA is fine without any major changes, only small changes needed

I agree with this.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    I’m a hero main mostly, and I hate this.

You hate heroes unleashed or the trooper event, I was actually referring to heroes unleashed for the hero guys and boots on the ground for the infantry guys, something for everyone.
  • Just port over Sullust Extraction maps.
    #StarWars-y

You hate heroes unleashed or the trooper event, I was actually referring to heroes unleashed for the hero guys and boots on the ground for the infantry guys, something for everyone.

I hate heroes unleashed and I dislike trooper event
  • This would be the best move, theres a huge portion of players who ONLY play HvV. This will move them into galactic if heroes and vehicles are more integrated
  • Well this discussion was pretty good and balanced

Well I'm famished, I'm going to go get something to eat

See yall later
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Agree @ROMG4 100%, you would think the hero mains would love this.

I know right?

Honestly this would solve so many grievances since at this point we have two competing player bases inside of one single game. The Hero mains want nonstop chaos, to feel powerful and cool, and to have big battles. Trooper players generally just want a game built on teamwork, fortification, and frantic fire fights. Both sides ultimately want different things so ultimately this is just the best solution

That's the Hero Lords and Trooper Grunts sorted. What about arguably the largest player base on this game? The all-rounders, like me.

• OoiiHooked_22
    2244 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    While I've been against introducing Heroes Unleashed as long as GA stayed the same

Trooper Assault would only contain Infantry, Reinforcements, and Vehicles all at the same or higher BP cost

Heroes Unleashed would have everything be 75% off like normal. Both reinforcements and Vehicles

This would solve a large amount of grievances that have developed over the past two years. Players that dislike Cross Era, tiered combat and spam no longer have to deal with it and players that love it have an entire mode for it

No, and know why, because both modes are stupid and boring after some time. HU is fun for a day or two, but then it becomes tiresome and unbalanced due to 9 heroes on each side with constant spam.
    And Boots on the ground becomes boring without the heroes after some time.
    The standard GA is balanced between these two events, and thats why its the only legit "event" that should be permanent.

Well sayed, both events would become unplayed after some weeks, same as Ewok Hunt.
    NOOOOOO! LIKE we have the player base for 2 events to be made permanent. Try to find a game of hero star fighters or ewok hunt & tell me you can find full lobbies. Those are events that should've remained as events. After 2 weeks everyone was bored of them & they might as well be removed.

Preach.

@rollind24 obviously there are others that feel the same way about my “trolling”
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

I know right?

That's the Hero Lords and Trooper Grunts sorted. What about arguably the largest player base on this game? The all-rounders, like me.

I play everything, not just heroes, but in Heroes Unleashed I can play as a hero and vehicle relatively quickly in a fast paced chaotic game vs vanilla GA or this event here its soooo boring i don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

I know right?

I play everything, not just heroes, but in Heroes Unleashed I can play as a hero and vehicle relatively quickly in a fast paced chaotic game vs vanilla GA or this event here its soooo boring i don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Try killing the bad guys, always works for me.
  • ROMG4
    2887 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Alwe15 wrote: »

I know right?

giphy.gif

If you think being an all rounder is bad try being a small gamer main. It's way worse for me because I am, I guess was a Strike/Blast main

Population for both modes has been all but eradicated due to a lack of new content. I really don't even have a reason to play the game anymore
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • @ROMG4

the lack of TLC to Strike is hugely disappointing. Multiple cargo maps could have at least been folded into that mode. Multiple multiple mapsin strike are very unbalanced. There's been absolutely 0 attention given to that mode whatsoever.

To help people that wanna play trooper play it's real simple. Add in turning point give it 3 maps. Add in cargo give it 3 maps. Things that have been requested by a very large population of this game from the start.

People that say that we should not have more content because they won't have trooper fodder are completely wrong and the problem with this game. Just adding cargo with a handful of maps (and extraction) would cause a huge portion of people to return. You just won't be able to kill him with your light saber.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Ever thought it's possible to enjoy an event and not want it to become permanent?

I know right?

giphy.gif

If you think being an all rounder is bad

I don't. It's great. I have two large modes to choose from. So, urm...I don't advocate turning one of those in to something I won't play...

I know right?

giphy.gif

If you think being an all rounder is bad try being a small gamer main. It's way worse for me because I am, I guess was a Strike/Blast main

Population for both modes has been all but eradicated due to a lack of new content. I really don't even have a reason to play the game anymore

Oh also, I'm technically a SFA main...so I know ALL about lack of content and abandonment...
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think anybody wants the event perminent , what so many want is a trooper only mode. I don't know why that keeps getting conflated

His suggestion is to add a trooper only mode while replacing the standard mode with heroes unleashed. The majority would be very unhappy with that.

I know right?

giphy.gif

Oh also, I'm technically a SFA main...so I know ALL about lack of content and abandonment...

You've actually recieved more content than us poor folks in Strike and Blast

You got some new Hero ships, we haven't seen a single new weapon, map, or anything!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

I know right?

giphy.gif

You got some new Hero ships, we haven't seen a single new weapon, map, or anything!

We had two Falcons...on top of the Falcon we already had...

Is that content?
  • I just want statistics for heroes unleashed
  • ROMG4
    2887 posts Member

I know right?

giphy.gif

We had two Falcons...on top of the Falcon we already had...

Is that content?

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

I agree. The two events are both better than the standard ruleset, where limited access the grossly advanced units allows for massive kill streaks and the contributions of a few deciding matches for many.

I can’t believe real players actually prefer to just stomp on others because their unit is much better. It's very revealing about those who would rather play this way.

I agree. The two events are both better than the standard ruleset, where limited access the grossly advanced units allows for massive kill streaks and the contributions of a few deciding matches for many.

I can’t believe real players actually prefer to just stomp on others because their unit is much better. It's very revealing about those who would rather play this way.

Agree, some form of competition is the only reason I play online games, otherwise I’d stick to arcade. It’s like playing offline vs ai or offline vs a bud, ai sucks and the only fun is beating you bud lol, for me anyway.

Think if pro sports or events were like this, imagine having a suped up NASCAR with double the horsepower, double the handling, had better fuel efficiency, it wouldn’t win because of a better driver, only a better car. But hey, that’s where we’re at these days, look at the people paying for SAT/ACT scores for a degree that’s unearned and should be false.

I know right?

This

No, and know why, because both modes are stupid and boring after some time. HU is fun for a day or two, but then it becomes tiresome and unbalanced due to 9 heroes on each side with constant spam.
    And Boots on the ground becomes boring without the heroes after some time.
    The standard GA is balanced between these two events, and thats why its the only legit "event" that should be permanent.

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.

He is the best there is. . .

The best there has ever been. . .

And he knows it.

Thats a BAD idea.
    Personally I like the normal version of GA (but with 2 heroes and 6000BP cost)

Agree, some form of competition is the only reason I play online games, otherwise I’d stick to arcade. It’s like playing offline vs ai or offline vs a bud, ai sucks and the only fun is beating you bud lol, for me anyway.

Think if pro sports or events were like this, imagine having a suped up NASCAR with double the horsepower, double the handling, had better fuel efficiency, it wouldn’t win because of a better driver, only a better carBut hey, that’s where we’re at these days, look at the people paying for SAT/ACT scores for a degree that’s unearned and should be false.

Let’s take that a step further, the previous winner gets the upgraded car as a reward, why else would they race? Certainly not for the win, that would be boring and unrewarding.
    #infantrylivesmatter