criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Troopers only is the worst event

Prev1
Title says it all. This event was heavily requested by about a dozen or so players on this forum and I have yet to find a lobby testifying to the popularity of this event. Its really funny how the most vocal on this forum screech about heroes but they sure must be loving the linear and boring gameplay (assuming they can find lobbies). Heroes unleashed had tons of players and lobbies compared to this event. Dont try to pander to the 12 or so players on this forum that do nothing but complain

Replies

• What the hell are you talking about with no lobbies? I play on Aussie server which is the least populated and there are a lot of games still. Quit acting like you have any idea of the state of the lobby size when you can't see all the current active lobbies.
  • @F8RGE can we get a poll for which event to make permanent?

Why not both?
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Can't wait they put istant action in the game, so all those bad players who whine about heroes can just play their game rofl

So not many.....
  • Look at the bright side guys and gals... Borderlands 3 came out and it has a BILLION guns 😁
  • It's a two day event. It will be over before you know it. I could understand people being annoyed if DICE had plans to change GA and CS to Boots on the Ground permanently, but it's literally only for a weekend. Just don't play this weekend or play other modes. Easy as that.
  • Look at all these hero-mains getting owned by good trooper players because they can't play without the hero handicap lol.

The event is excellent. You've had half a dozen hideous HU events, you can survive through one trooper event.

It looks as though you are arguing with yourself coz of the names haha ...it's ironic.
  • Heroes ARE essential though, objectives are not very fun to complete because theres no reason to. If we have a poll on making heroes unleashed or this event permanent, the poll would embarrassingly favor heroes unleashed. I hope the developers realize what's best for the community and make HU permanent and upscale blast for those who dont like heroes or vehicles

You base your claim on not having any reason to play the objective... which as the name implies, is the objective, the point of the game, so I must take it you only play for the killstreaks, or anyway for some other reason that still defies the game's goal, that renders your claims rubbish.

PTO is what's this game is and should be about, I know many people think it's about getting a hero and killing as many things as possible and staying alive the whole match, but that's not it, to win you need the objective and that's a fact.

And yet most players don't like a boring one dimensional aspect like only playing troopers because its not fun. Majority of players on consoles do not use the forums or else youd be seeing a very one sided vote AGAINST events like this. This game isn't meant to be just troopers only

So do you have the actual stats to back this statement up, I couldn’t find them.

This forum is not reflective of the game. They can look at data.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    @F8RGE can we get a poll for which event to make permanent?

This forum is not reflective of the game. They can look at data.

I don’t think they know that yet, they believe a super small sample size is the majority.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    I think a majority of people would like a balanced well conceived game. Not hero smash up trooper Haha I got kill streak.

And this game IS a shooter first. CS and GA have heros as part of the team, they aren't hero modes.

Agree.
  • with these restricting events...... i hate them... they take the fun out of the game. so when they appear i don't play SWBF2. especially after them locking the blaster hero's last week....and forcing you to use a saber character. i don't like when they force you to use someone that i don't even like and use.....

these restricting events should be a option for the player to decide if he or shes wants to do them.
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    edited September 14
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I think a majority of people would like a balanced well conceived game. Not hero smash up trooper Haha I got kill streak.

And this game IS a shooter first. CS and GA have heros as part of the team, they aren't hero modes.

Exactly. CS feels like a much more balanced game without heroes even with some of the more powerful reinforcements.

• hosco33
    261 posts Member
    edited September 14
    Heroes ARE essential though, objectives are not very fun to complete because theres no reason to. If we have a poll on making heroes unleashed or this event permanent, the poll would embarrassingly favor heroes unleashed. I hope the developers realize what's best for the community and make HU permanent and upscale blast for those who dont like heroes or vehicles

That repulsive term, "community", we were able to save our a*es from in real life, is chasing us like a rabid dog. Hopefully they'll start giving us offline cool content and smart AI and we all can love the game however each one of us, whole different beings, want.
  • I like it. There is certainly enough reinforcements to warrant no heros mucking things up. Tho I would like to see armor and fighters allowed. Perhaps make it a permanent addition to the mode selections.
    My opinion, they should completely separate the use of heros and troops. At most only allow one hero on each team. But that's just my opinion.