criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Can Vader get an extra dodge?

Vader is by far the slowest character in the game. When he goes against 2 or more decent players with sabers, if he misses his Choke on them, it’s really hard for him to come out on top. Anyone feel me? If Han Solo of all characters can get an extra dodge, surely Lord Vader should get one...

Replies

• Raices
    1266 posts Member
    edited September 13
    Nah, this would break him for sure in hero combat
  • Stop trying. Vader is far from slow, he’s miles ahead of all blaster heroes and isn’t that bad when it comes to sabers.

Stop hating on vader.
    I just want balance and BlueBox is clearly biased toward Vader so I’m telling them that they’re wrong.
  • Stop trying. Vader is far from slow, he’s miles ahead of all blaster heroes and isn’t that bad when it comes to sabers.

Stop hating on vader.
    I just want balance and BlueBox is clearly biased toward Vader so I’m telling them that they’re wrong.

The people defending Luke and Yoda aren’t biased though right?

Stop hating on vader.

Vader is still the strongest hero in this game.Yes yoda can buff his mates but Vaders force choke lightsaber throw Combo destroys everyone.
  • No. Just give him 150 damage when using focused rage, 10 swings, & 2.25 stamina regen from empty

This.
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »
    Vader is by far the slowest character in the game. When he goes against 2 or more decent players with sabers, if he misses his Choke on them, it’s really hard for him to come out on top.

He might be slow on swinging but he doesn't miss hitting his target as much as Dooku does. And if you missed your choke just retreat to defensive play style until you recharge it. And while in FR he can go full spam mode against known saber spam characters...

Plus he does decent saber damage while in FR. And I see no point for extra dodge specially if an Obi is around to mess it up. Imho he doesn't need another dodge...the swing back to 10 is the sweet spot and zero changes necessary to any other abilities or cool downs.
  • He can block though...
    Check these posts out:

Stop hating on vader.

That’s entirely your own opinion.

• Psy3d wrote: »
    BlueBox5 wrote: »
    Vader is by far the slowest character in the game. When he goes against 2 or more decent players with sabers, if he misses his Choke on them, it’s really hard for him to come out on top.

He might be slow on swinging but he doesn't miss hitting his target as much as Dooku does. And if you missed your choke just retreat to defensive play style until you recharge it. And while in FR he can go full spam mode against known saber spam characters...

Plus he does decent saber damage while in FR. And I see no point for extra dodge specially if an Obi is around to mess it up. Imho he doesn't need another dodge...the swing back to 10 is the sweet spot and zero changes necessary to any other abilities or cool downs.

Well tbh those players weren’t great.

• CC_1010 wrote: »
    What next? Give Vader a fourth ability? Give him the ability to fly?

I have heard that the developers were thinking about 4th abilities but not that Vader could fly.

Stop hating on vader.

The people defending Luke and Yoda aren’t biased though right?
    Sure they’re biased too. But there’s no one begging for buffs to them anymore.
  • Can I just use his force choke without the possibility of it not registering?. Or, even worse, getting stuck on the animation becoming a helpless target for 15-20 seconds (idk the cooldown time for his choke). I dont understand why his force choke is still a problem.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Can I just use his force choke without the possibility of it not registering?. Or, even worse, getting stuck on the animation becoming a helpless target for 15-20 seconds (idk the cooldown time for his choke). I dont understand why his force choke is still a problem.

It’s cool down is about 25 seconds, which is just too long (considering the amount of damage it does, which according to a saber hero/villain stats sheet does 135 damage).

• Take a seat young Skywalker!
    moistboii wrote: »
    Can I just use his force choke without the possibility of it not registering?. Or, even worse, getting stuck on the animation becoming a helpless target for 15-20 seconds (idk the cooldown time for his choke). I dont understand why his force choke is still a problem.

It’s cool down is about 25 seconds, which is just too long (considering the amount of damage it does, which according to a saber hero/villain stats sheet does 135 damage).

So when you get stuck in the animation that's 25 seconds where you are completely vulnerable. And then sometimes it doesnt even work....
  • Why? Tanks are slow and I don't see you fighting one because of that
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
    Vader is by far the slowest character in the game. When he goes against 2 or more decent players with sabers, if he misses his Choke on them, it’s really hard for him to come out on top. Anyone feel me? If Han Solo of all characters can get an extra dodge, surely Lord Vader should get one...

I think that would make him OP against heroes.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    BlueBox5 wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »

So when you get stuck in the animation that's 25 seconds where you are completely vulnerable. And then sometimes it doesnt even work....

Well sometimes when you Choke someone, they are not lifted up dangling in the air but damage may be still done to them. Although as long as you are performing the Choke animation, you still take 90% damage reduction and apart from a small amount of damage, you can’t be pushed or pulled by an enemy.

• The Vader buff threads never stop.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • As I’ve said on all such threads, except for restoring his 10 swing stamina, leave Vader alone. He’s a well-balanced as a tank for the dark side.