criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Can Leia get a thermal detonator already

Shes almost useless in hvv she needs to get rid of that stupid flash bang

Replies

• Also replace her shield with a diffuser or disrupter
  • Her abilities are the worst ones:
    - Flashbang: poor effect on the enemy (I have been flashed by Leia and despite I can't see almost nothing I can see her health bar).
    - Blaster ability: a lot of recoil, stormtrooper skill (cannot hit a sheet).
    - Shield: horrible, useless in HvV. A bit useful in GA, but who chooses Leia in GA?
  • Do it. Give it to her.
  • Leia is pretty bad. My HHV team was ahead by around 15, so I switched to Leia. The rest of my team were able to carry us to the victory still. Although I imagine the other team got a little excited to see an easy kill.

That is about the only time I will play Leia. When we are so fair ahead, the second string (third string really) can go in. Or we or so far behind, it doesn't matter.

I was able to get a few eliminations, but like a lot of blasters she struggles to finish off people before over heating. The tree house was not a great place for secondary fire.

Maybe they could buff the secondary fire a bit to make it more useful. That might only take some value adjusting rather than a complete redesign.

They could also give those effected by Leia's flash grenade an increased damage rate. Somewhere around 30% from her gun only. 10% from other sources.
  • Just buff flash grenade. Give it a damage value and it would be a good ability.
  • I wrote a post a little while ago out lining how I think Leia should be buffed.

F8RGE gave me a reply saying “tweaks on in the cards”, so hopefully we can see her improved soon. We’ll see, though. The devs have been very reserved making hero balance changes recently.
  • Make the flash lower defense like the sonic imploder in the last game.
  • I'm surprised people are saying how bad Leia is. I'm fairly good as her on HvV (can usually end up in the top five), her E-11 can be a beast (especially with the two star cards), her secondary fire's great for taking on blocking saber heroes, and her shield CAN be useful (but mainly in GA). If I see Leia in GA, odds are she's like the light's version of Bossk; a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut of laser death who's going to make life painful for most of the match.

Never, EVER seen the flash grenade be even remotely useful or stop anyone, though. Totes agree on a powerful thermal detonator as a replacement.
  • Just give her the original (unnerfed) officer flash grenade and let her shield start health regeneration instantly for all allies, who enter it. She would be much more useful then.
  • Would make more sense than a flash. I mean if devs really want the game to be "authentic"
  • No. It would cease to be unique ability to become a discount Detonite that cannot be triggered on command.
    Flash Grenade has the potential to be a great ability but it needs buffs on many levels.

1. Blinding Effect should be total within radius for a good 4 seconds.
    2. Blinding Reveal starcard effect should be applied by default without any need of a starcard.
    3. Blinded enemies should get a severe movement reduction, sort of Finn’s Big Deal old mobility reduction or even a tad more.
    4. Have it do a decent amount of damage instead of nothing at all. 100 sounds fine.
    5. Cards. Card 1 increases blinding duration, card 2 increases AoE and card 3 increases damage; maybe by up to 50 to give her a OHK ability.

There, a unique and very useful ability.
  • Anything but that useless flash pls
  • @F8RGE

We want a Thermal Detonator!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Boushh used a thermal Detonator
    Leia used a Thermal Detonator when disguised as Boushh to “negotiate” a better price for Chewbacca, such as.
    But in this she gets a Flash bang for little efficiency. The bomb did meh in Campaign and it doesn’t really help in Multiplayer.

Today all it does is blind and deafen a player, deals no damage and doesn’t snare and slow them down or highlight them like a Officer troopers Standard issue grenade

Leia needs a revamped Grenade ability
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Boushh used a thermal Detonator
    Leia used a Thermal Detonator when disguised as Boushh to “negotiate” a better price for Chewbacca, such as.
    But in this she gets a Flash bang for little efficiency. The bomb did meh in Campaign and it doesn’t really help in Multiplayer.

Today all it does is blind and deafen a player, deals no damage and doesn’t snare and slow them down or highlight them like a Officer troopers Standard issue grenade

Leia needs a revamped Grenade ability

Plus, all that usually happens if you use her flash bang on someone in HvV is that they do floaty jumps until it's worn off, so it's harder to hit them; just as I imagine how all people who get a flash bang in their face are capable of doing.
  • Flash grenade should be massive but a long cooldown.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I'm glad it's not just me, I've thought about this since launch. Flashbang is about useless which ***** because I love the new Leia skin
  • Impact-Flashbang grenade: A grenade with the combined effect of the heavy and officer's.

Blind effect + 100 (maybe 150) damage.
  • A gang bang would be better
    9wexqoicrpnu.png