criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

The Boba Problem

adamjbamford
1177 posts Member
edited September 14
Boba is undeniably in need of nerfs as he has very few weaknesses. Consider:

-705 health with starcard

-600 damage ability with little skill required

-Insta-recovery rendering force pushes useless and allowing bad players to flourish.

-Ability to run away at the first sign of trouble until his point and click ability is charged

Need I say more?

*Just to clarify, I’m not saying a good player can’t kill boba, or that there’s no counters to him, I’m just saying he’s a bit overkill at the moment.

Replies

• Yeah, Barrage needs to be brought down. Ether it’s nerfing the cards, base damage, or a combination of the two.

If/when that happens, I would like to see some buffs, to compensate; Conc, regen, etc.

I don’t think recovery needs to be removed; just limited. I’ve always liked the idea of recovery being manually triggered, but would burn 40% of fuel with each use.
  • Caggiamichele59
    229 posts Member
    edited September 14
    As a solution we could replace the flaming skill of rockets with a fire dwelling like the flameter for.
  • As a solution we could replace the flaming skill of rockets with a fire dwelling like the flameter for.

@Caggiamichele59 sorry, what do you mean? Are you suggesting replacing barrage with a flamethrower?
  • Caggiamichele59
    229 posts Member
    edited September 14
    As a solution we could replace the flaming skill of rockets with a fire dwelling like the flameter for.

@Caggiamichele59 sorry, what do you mean? Are you suggesting replacing barrage with a flamethrower?

Yes replace the ability of rockets with a flamethrower (sorry for my English)

• I wish they’d stuck with his design in the first game with his single wrist rocket and his flamethrower.

• I wish they’d stuck with his design in the first game with his single wrist rocket and his flamethrower.

Yes
  • Take out air recovery and air dodge and he will be fine.
  • My personal changes would be
    Nerf rocket barrage damage
    make air recovery cost like half of the jetpack fuel
    Buff health regen to 200 (was supposed to happen in patch notes but never actually happened)
  • Boba needs his air recovery removed and just make it so he cant be knocked out of the air by projectiles.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
    Buff health regen to 200 (was supposed to happen in patch notes but never actually happened)

All this plus buff his blaster at range. Air recovery costing half the fuel would be a good compromise

All this plus buff his blaster at range. Air recovery costing half the fuel would be a good compromise

Recovery should only take fuel if it can be triggered manually.

I don’t want to lose half my fuel because recovery manually triggers when I don’t need it. With how many things knock him down, he would never have fuel if it automatically triggered.

Recovery should only take fuel if it can be triggered manually.

I don’t want to lose half my fuel because recovery manually triggers when I don’t need it. With how many things knock him down, he would never have fuel if it automatically triggered.

Oh yeah I'll cosign to that. If it's in the game it should be manual anyway
  • Does anyone else have issues triggering air recovery? When I get pulled by Anakin, there are many times where I rapidly tap the dodge button as early as possible to recover, yet it never kicks in and it can be 3 seconds of falling until I land on the ground , and often get killed. Yet there are other occasions where it automatically triggers after just 1 second, when I didn't even press anything. Seems very unreliable.
  • Barrage is quite the health drainer compared to everything else, wouldn’t that be considered OP?
  • I personally don’t mind that his hero barrage does as much damage as it does, it is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing, and it is his only viable way to damage opponents.

I think he would be perfectly balanced if his air recovery from force abilities was removed, ie if Obi-Wan, Luke or Anakin push/pull him, he can’t recover from these abilities, or there is a delay of say, 3 seconds - I don’t like the idea of thermal detonators and trooper abilities that do 150 damage being able to insta-kill a 650 health hero.

TLDR; rocket barrage is fine, tweaks to air recovery are needed, and also a longer cooldown for For the Hunt.
  • The aim of his gun is horrible and weak

Maybe your aim is horrible and weak.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

You need a buff. He does 209 damage to the head & 120 to the body wth
  • Wow, a logical thread.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853

It certainly doesn’t fair very well at range.

No, in most cases it server lag and aim drift
    Not everyone uses mouse keyboard you dadgum donut
  • NomiSunstrider
    2859 posts Member
    edited September 16
    The aim of his gun is horrible and weak

No, in most cases it server lag and aim drift
    Not everyone uses mouse keyboard you dadgum donut

What has mouse and keyboard got to do with anything you dumbo. Or you can't aim with a controller?

And aim drift is a totally different thing and has nothing to do with his gun.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif