criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

STRIKE: jet-troopers shouldn't be able to pick up the objective

Btech3_14
276 posts Member
edited January 24
Droidekas shouldn’t be able to place bombs and activate terminals because they’re a really fast unit, they can roll behind the enemies lines and interact with the objectives and the defending team can do nothing to stop them.

Once I tried something in STRIKE on the KAMINO map: I chosed the droideka rolled over the flag, picked it up and rolled in the objective area and my team immediately won the round...
Post edited by Btech3_14 on

Replies

• I think a better argument might be that droideka shouldn't be able to place bombs and activate terminals because they don't have any hands (or any means of activating it, due to their tiny blaster arms). Although I suppose if they get into JUST the right angle, they might be able to headbutt a terminal until it activates. I'd be up for seeing that animated.
  • OcDoc
    2132 posts Member
    I had heard that was an issue on Strike. I think that is pretty messed up and would completely keep me from playing that mode.
  • Btech3_14 wrote: »
    Droidekas shouldn’t be able to place bombs and activate terminals because they’re a really fast unit, they can roll behind the enemies lines and interact with the objectives and the defending team can do nothing to stop them.

Once I tried something in STRIKE on the KAMINO map: I chosed the droideka rolled over the flag, picked it up and rolled in the objective area and my team immediately won the round...

I re-open this discussion and I want to add some words to it.

Drodekas and especially jet-troopers should NOT be able to pick objects or interact with them. I won and lose countless strike matches in choosing a jet-trooper taking the object and flying towards the delivery area in no time, this is not fair for the other team.
  • I thought they said they would fix this??
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    I thought they said they would fix this??

Only for the first order jet-trooper, sadly
  • That's stupid
  • Sometimes it's necessary to break through the wall of death troopers or Wookies. So if you get rid of jet troopers being able to carry, then you should delete all other reinforcements.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Btech3_14
    276 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Sometimes it's necessary to break through the wall of death troopers or Wookies. So if you get rid of jet troopers being able to carry, then you should delete all other reinforcements.

Ok, but if a match last less than 2 minutes, because a jet-trooper immediately flies to the delivering zone, where is the fun in playing STRIKE in the first place?

Even in Galactic Assault jet-troops cannot carry disruptor rifles to make vulnerable walkers.
  • Sometimes it's necessary to break through the wall of death troopers or Wookies. So if you get rid of jet troopers being able to carry, then you should delete all other reinforcements.
    Strike without reinforcements, spawn timer, and squad spawning would be a vast improvement, IMO. Specifically, I hate the ST maps with the new reinforcements.