criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Remove Boba’s Dodge

2Next

Replies

• awakespace wrote: »
    Pigfoot wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    Disagree with this thread

why do sabers want to be able to slaughter Boba so easily?

if Boba kills a Jedi 1v1 the Jedi should be embarrassed, so why should Jedi have such an easy time killing Boba?

I get that in HvV Boba is highly mobile and can be a lot to deal with in team play when it is very high level

Mostly it is because the light side can't get back together - can't regroup and get's picked off by the dark side gang rush

My solution would be give Leia a jetpack (or just let her fly since it's cannon - lol) - and have Finn's undercover team give him Jedi running speed - give the light side ranged users greater mobility

Dark side has Boba, Palp, and even Bossk who have much more maneuverability than any light side ranged user - thus they can regroup

Don't neuter one of the most unique play styles in the game

He needs a nerf. Air recovery needs to go & his rockets need nerfing. Can 1 shot blaster heroes & if the card wasn't bugged he'd do 783 with anti hero rockets. That is not balanced. It's not balanced that if he fails to dodge he has a safety net feature. I don't see jedi with this feature & it makes sense for them to recover mid-air.

I could see some tweaks being fine. I think his air recovery should be something that needs to be manually done and not automatic for sure. Still right now it only works sometimes and at certain distances. For instance if you are at the very edge of Anakin's pull you will usually recover (but not always), but if you are in the middle of his range you will almost always crash to the ground and take at least two hits before you can stand up and dash out. If Anakin, also does his HM you will take over 500 damage.

If you want air recovery to go completely then he needs to have more health and more health regeneration. I prefer it as is personally.

Yes he can do a lot of damage with the rockets, but even if a blaster just rolls twice they will only take about 300 of it. And if you are a saber you can just jump and avoid it all together. I'm fine with the rockets being nerfed a bit, but if they make his blaster better to compensate, in any way (e.g damage, spread) he will be even more difficult to deal with when facing high level players.

He doesn't need more health or regen. He has more maneuverability than every blaster hero & saber hero. He also can have 705 health at all time with his damage reduction.

Rockets need a nerf. No ability should have the ability to 1 shot

• awakespace
    1195 posts Member
    edited September 23

if Boba kills a Jedi 1v1 the Jedi should be embarrassed, so why should Jedi have such an easy time killing Boba?

I get that in HvV Boba is highly mobile and can be a lot to deal with in team play when it is very high level

Mostly it is because the light side can't get back together - can't regroup and get's picked off by the dark side gang rush

My solution would be give Leia a jetpack (or just let her fly since it's cannon - lol) - and have Finn's undercover team give him Jedi running speed - give the light side ranged users greater mobility

Dark side has Boba, Palp, and even Bossk who have much more maneuverability than any light side ranged user - thus they can regroup

He needs a nerf. Air recovery needs to go & his rockets need nerfing. Can 1 shot blaster heroes & if the card wasn't bugged he'd do 783 with anti hero rockets. That is not balanced. It's not balanced that if he fails to dodge he has a safety net feature. I don't see jedi with this feature & it makes sense for them to recover mid-air.

I could see some tweaks being fine. I think his air recovery should be something that needs to be manually done and not automatic for sure. Still right now it only works sometimes and at certain distances. For instance if you are at the very edge of Anakin's pull you will usually recover (but not always), but if you are in the middle of his range you will almost always crash to the ground and take at least two hits before you can stand up and dash out. If Anakin, also does his HM you will take over 500 damage.

If you want air recovery to go completely then he needs to have more health and more health regeneration. I prefer it as is personally.

Yes he can do a lot of damage with the rockets, but even if a blaster just rolls twice they will only take about 300 of it. And if you are a saber you can just jump and avoid it all together. I'm fine with the rockets being nerfed a bit, but if they make his blaster better to compensate, in any way (e.g damage, spread) he will be even more difficult to deal with when facing high level players.

He doesn't need more health or regen. He has more maneuverability than every blaster hero & saber hero. He also can have 705 health at all time with his damage reduction.

Yes - I was saying if you remove air recovery altogether, he needs more heath and regen. Right now his heath and regen are fine.

Kylo, Grievous, Anakin, Dooku, Han with head shots, Chewy Furious, can all take out a full heath player at least as fast if not faster than Boba's rockets. 1 shot is only if the player is dumb and standing there - all of the other players can do the same DPS if the opponent just takes it. I'm fine with a bit of a nerf but it's not some disaster that needs to be addressed.
    Disagree with this thread - and the other nerf Boba threads - it's the wrong approach IMO

+1. Couldn't have worded it better myself. Boba needs a couple of tweaks, sure, but not flat-out nerfs without buffs to compensate.

Yes - I was saying if you remove air recovery altogether, he needs more heath and regen. Right now his heath and regen are fine.

Kylo, Grievous, Anakin, Dooku, Han with head shots, Chewy Furious, can all take out a full heath player at least as fast if not faster than Boba's rockets. 1 shot is only if the player is dumb and standing there - all of the other players can do the same DPS if the opponent just takes it. I'm fine with a bit of a nerf but it's not some disaster that needs to be addressed.

There is a reason he has always had less health than han or the other blaster heroes. Why should he, if air recovery is removed have as much health as han or the other blaster heroes when he is faster than everyone in the game. That's not balanced. Stop trying to defend it bro. Point of the matter is not a single hero should have 1 shot abilties. With the logic you just tried to spit, that's like saying heroic might should do 400 damage cause dummies hit him.

All those heroes you mentioned can be block & chewie has to get a stun off he wants to murder you.
  • Nerf Boba all you want good Boba players will always be good.
  • Nerf Boba all you want good Boba players will always be good.

bjqjx4h37w22.jpg
    Can't take you serious
  • @Pigfoot Oh wow you know how to search previous conversations, congratulations do you want a cookie bud???
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    Nerf Boba all you want good Boba players will always be good.

bjqjx4h37w22.jpg
    Can't take you serious

Lmao. This is hilarious.
  • I’m sorry you guys couldn’t beat launch Anakin and only ask for nerfs lol.
  • I thought this was about Boba, but I’m reading these posts and all of a sudden it’s about Anakin.

He got his nerfs, time to change Boba. His combat isn’t what’s makes him a topic of discussion. It’s the jetpack and it’s mobility.

No other shooter can get away from saber combat as easy as holding a button.

Being able to basically 1v20 with a single hero is not balanced.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • ... time to change Boba. His combat isn’t what’s makes him a topic of discussion. It’s the jetpack and it’s mobility.

This is basically it. Some are upset that a blaster hero can often evade a saber user.

The roll has already been nerfed to make most Blasters easier pickings. Now the nerfers are coming for Boba.
  • awakespace
    1195 posts Member
    edited September 24
    I thought this was about Boba, but I’m reading these posts and all of a sudden it’s about Anakin.

He got his nerfs, time to change Boba. His combat isn’t what’s makes him a topic of discussion. It’s the jetpack and it’s mobility.

yup - there are a handful of saber mains that think the game has a problem if they can't run up and smash all the blaster users - old story

There is a reason he has always had less health than han or the other blaster heroes. Why should he, if air recovery is removed have as much health as han or the other blaster heroes when he is faster than everyone in the game. That's not balanced. Stop trying to defend it bro. Point of the matter is not a single hero should have 1 shot abilties. With the logic you just tried to spit, that's like saying heroic might should do 400 damage cause dummies hit him.

All those heroes you mentioned can be block & chewie has to get a stun off he wants to murder you.

And every character can avoid Boba's barrage too - some completely and some pretty well - not sure what point you are trying to make...

And, I'm going to speak my opinion just like you - no need to tell me what I should be doing... there are 7 billion people on this planet and most of them think they know best - pretty funny odds - so just keep in mind the odds of you knowing best are absurdly low - discussion is most useful when people are focused on finding the truth, not focused on being right / winning the argument

Anyway, I'll say again Boba can't one shot - one shot is like what Heroic Might used to be - on hit and instant death - Boba's rockets only deliver that damage if someone just stands there and takes all 7 rockets directly

Yes Boba's mobility is the reason he has less health and regen than others, but his blaster is weaker than every other blaster in DPS and spread. The air recovery was introduced because Boba couldn't really function around characters like Anakin and Chewy - and I get that you just want to ground him and kill him more easily

You mentioned Han - Han is clearly more powerful than Boba - but yes also easier to kill - that's the tradeoff

I'm not really trying to defend Boba, I just want the game to be balanced AND varied - Boba adds another dimension - and if there is a change to be made, I would much rather add mobility to the lightside shooters than take away unique characters uniqueness

And again - if DICE wants to nerf his rockets and improve his blaster - that's fine with me - but I think people are going be complaining even more when facing great players as they get shredded by his main weapon instead of his barrage - and people will be complaining more against not good players who find some far off ledge and snipe - right now Boba is encouraged to get close because of his blaster's sub par performance and the huge spread of his rocket barrage
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Disagree with this thread - and the other nerf Boba threads - it's the wrong approach IMO

+1. Couldn't have worded it better myself. Boba needs a couple of tweaks, sure, but not flat-out nerfs without buffs to compensate.
    No. He either needs significant nerfs or outright removal.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Overpowered isn’t a unique playstyle, or a playstyle at all.
  • bfloo
    16073 posts Member
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Overpowered isn’t a unique playstyle, or a playstyle at all.

ok, so remove all the heroes from infantry modes and rebalance them for HvV.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

No. If anything was to be changed, Concussion Missile needs a substantial buff, and his health regen ought to be 200 if his rockets and air recovery were nerfed. I'd also like a scope or fine aim on his EE-3 as it has no secondary fire to make up for its lack of range & zoom.
    lerodemmy wrote: »

No. If anything was to be changed, Concussion Missile needs a substantial buff, and his health regen ought to be 200 if his rockets and air recovery were nerfed. I'd also like a scope or fine aim on his EE-3 as it has no secondary fire to make up for its lack of range & zoom.

His gun doesn't need ADS.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• bfloo
    16073 posts Member

Yes it does, Boba is the only character who actually consistently uses a scope in the films.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

It really does
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Overpowered isn’t a unique playstyle, or a playstyle at all.

ok, so remove all the heroes from infantry modes and rebalance them for HvV.

Sure, I don’t care
  • bfloo wrote: »

Yes it does, Boba is the only character who actually consistently uses a scope in the films.

I think this would be a bad idea gameplay wise. We would get annoying camping Boba's perched as snipers in unreachable places...
    bfloo wrote: »

I think this would be a bad idea gameplay wise. We would get annoying camping Boba's perched as snipers in unreachable places...

Not if it was only a small range buff nothing mad, just a few metres. It wouldn’t be that bad if his rockets were nerfed and his jetpack slightly nerfed too.

I respect what you’re saying but I don’t think people are asking for it to be a sniper, just a rifle is viable at mid range.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    It’s seriously a disgrace that one character can be so overpowered. And it’s pathetic watching this forum defend it to their dying breath.

Boba is fine the way he is.

😂😂 I would have agreed with you had you not said "Anakin is perfectly balanced in GA" and that "not everything revolves around HvV" when it's hilariously the opposite.

Anakin was a broken mess in GA due to the sheer amount of blueberries that would be dumb enough to light him up, while he was easily dismissed in HvV provided you were playing with friends. The complaints came from GA players

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

😂😂 I would have agreed with you had you not said "Anakin is perfectly balanced in GA" and that "not everything revolves around HvV" when it's hilariously the opposite.

Anakin was a broken mess in GA due to the sheer amount of blueberries that would be dumb enough to light him up, while he was easily dismissed in HvV provided you were playing with friends. The complaints came from GA players

It was both.

Pull > HM > PS > two free hits was a 100-0 combo and was complete trash to go against.

Once PS lots it’s knockdown and Ret active time was reduced, he was in a decent spot, HvV wise.

It was both.

Pull > HM > PS > two free hits was a 100-0 combo and was complete trash to go against.

Once PS lots it’s knockdown and Ret active time was reduced, he was in a decent spot, HvV wise.

I should have specified on post PS nerf. The combo was absurd lol

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Of course he's easy to deal with when you're pub stomping
    I’m sorry you guys couldn’t beat launch Anakin and only ask for nerfs lol.

Nowhere did I say pub stomping, but yes, he's easy enough to deal with while pubstomping as well

Nowhere did I say pub stomping, but yes, he's easy enough to deal with while pubstomping as well

You implied it lol. " He was easily dismissed in HvV provided you were playing with friends" pub stomp
  • DiamondxStyles
    1764 posts Member
    edited September 24

You implied it lol. " He was easily dismissed in HvV provided you were playing with friends" pub stomp

Not a specification of playing with friends against randoms, or playing against other friends. No implications there and beside the point either way.

The crux of the message being that coordination and brains were the only thing making Anakin a normal character. Anakin's abilities were a punish to bad/uncoordinated players, but there exist far too many bad players, which results in the good randoms getting punished as well