criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Community Transmission - Cooperation Update & Release Notes

Replies

• awakespace wrote: »
    • Yoda's Dash Attack damage has been reduced from 130 to 85 points. The dash attack while breaking block also dealt a lot of damage. We're adjusting it to have a damage level that takes the block breaking into account.

Very much disagree with this, I do! 85 is junk damage. Perhaps if it was 130 if not blocked and 85 if blocked that would be okay... But now Yoda has gone back to being overly low in his ability to deal damage with his slow swing speed and now super low dash damage. This is a classically overdone DICE nerf that will barely affect GA but make Yoda much weaker in HvV

Actually these nerfs will improve the quality of play on GA and CS greatly. Yoda can already block everything, can heal himself and has high stamina. He's still a very viable hero, but now isn't this annoying cheese that creates nassive imblances in health pools.

But he will not one-hit AI on CS anymore...
  • F8RGE wrote: »

LIGHTSABER HEROES
    • Made changes to reduce the risk of rubberbanding when deflecting a lightsaber attack.
    • Adjusted all Lightsaber Heroes' dodge timings in order to let them move after the dodge animation earlier.

i6kyuhp9h1vf.gif

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• This update sounds beautiful. I love it

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• Hi @F8RGE

Could we have an explanation as to why ‘death from above’ was knowingly turned into the worst card in the game.
  • The best thing I read...

Updated staggers to give more control to the player being attacked.

Plus finally rey and obi plebs will stop exploiting full stamina drain. Can't wait to see the changes in action!
  • Hi @F8RGE

Could we have an explanation as to why ‘death from above’ was knowingly turned into the worst card in the game.

Because it was glitched. The card was always supposed to work as the description suggested. In fact, I barely learned of this glitched card a few days ago while reading a nerf Boba topic

The Hero With No Fear.

• Overall, this is a fantastic update. I can't wait for instant action and hero AI. Great work in general.

However, a couple of changes which were unwarranted:

- Iden Secondary Fire nerf? Not needed. She was already well balanced (a little underpowered against the Jedi if you ask me), and her main weapon for damaging the Jedi just got a noticeable nerf. This shouldn't have happened.

- Boba Death From Above card will now be useless. Yeah, it was glitched and it acted as a bonus health card because it was passive, but now that it only offers damage reduction while Boba is flying AND using barrage, it will be utterly useless! Boba will get about 2.5 seconds of damage reduction while he's in the air using an ability? Come on, that's worthless. It should be a passive damage reduction against blasters.

Other than these two things, this update was brilliant.
  • adamjbamford
    1308 posts Member
    edited September 28
    Hi @F8RGE

Because it was glitched. The card was always supposed to work as the description suggested. In fact, I barely learned of this glitched card a few days ago while reading a nerf Boba topic

A better option would be to simply change the description.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Hi @F8RGE

A better option would be to simply change the description. My mind boggles at how stup1d dice can be sometimes.

No, Boba shouldn't be getting around 705 health (Not sure if this is the real number. Got it from forum people) compared to other blaster heroes and villains, while he has the fastest mobility in the game bar none.

They just need to marginally increase all Blaster heroes base weapon damage values as a whole, including Fett's

The Hero With No Fear.

• Hi @F8RGE

A better option would be to simply change the description. My mind boggles at how stup1d dice can be sometimes.

No, Boba shouldn't be getting around 705 health (Not sure if this is the real number. Got it from forum people) compared to other blaster heroes and villains, while he has the fastest mobility in the game bar none.

They just need to marginally increase all Blaster heroes base weapon damage values as a whole, including Fett's

@DiamondxStyles I agree they should increase general blaster hero weapon damage including fett’s.

I also agree he has amazing manoeuvrability.

I would rather they revert his jetpack speed to launch and remove auto recovery, and then he could have a bit more health, since he is wearing armour not wet tissue paper.

705 is the correct number and I feel it’s not too overpowered, just tweak him in other areas.
  • Overall, alot of good things in this update. Please consider adding splitscreen to instant action.
  • Hi @F8RGE

@DiamondxStyles I agree they should increase general blaster hero weapon damage including fett’s.

I also agree he has amazing manoeuvrability.

I would rather they revert his jetpack speed to launch and remove auto recovery, and then he could have a bit more health, since he is wearing armour not wet tissue paper.

705 is the correct number and I feel it’s not too overpowered, just tweak him in other areas.

Not a bad idea, but his health still should not be more than say, Han's or Leia's, both of which have much less movement speed. It's not overpowered per se, but it's not balanced relative to the other blasters considering his maneuverability. Armor or not, there's a reason Anakin is not launch Anakin simply because he is the most powerful Jedi.

Either buff their healths, or keep Boba's =/< Their healths

The Hero With No Fear.

awakespace wrote: »
    • Yoda's Dash Attack damage has been reduced from 130 to 85 points. The dash attack while breaking block also dealt a lot of damage. We're adjusting it to have a damage level that takes the block breaking into account.

Very much disagree with this, I do! 85 is junk damage. Perhaps if it was 130 if not blocked and 85 if blocked that would be okay... But now Yoda has gone back to being overly low in his ability to deal damage with his slow swing speed and now super low dash damage. This is a classically overdone DICE nerf that will barely affect GA but make Yoda much weaker in HvV

Actually these nerfs will improve the quality of play on GA and CS greatly. Yoda can already block everything, can heal himself and has high stamina. He's still a very viable hero, but now isn't this annoying cheese that creates nassive imblances in health pools.

I agree that they will be fine in GA and CS - the presence nerf and the dash damage reduction will work well in those modes. My complaint is that Yoda has incredibly weak damage ability in hero modes now. I think the dash damage reduction to 85 should only be when going through blocking villains - otherwise it should still do 130.

Frankly, you shouldn't be getting any damage for hitting that on a blocking target. Plus, that would put blaster heroes at yet another disadvantage. I think 85 is about right.
  • What a big update, congratulations !

Looking foward to Instant action (Hoping for a split screen option in the future).

Can the new damage sound be disabled in options, for those who would find it annoying?

Split screen added to Instant Action is the biggest thing I would like to see added to the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Could we get instant action split screen?

I hope they keep us updated on this.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Will the team battles or onslaught in arcade have other ai in them now like arc troopers and drodekas?

AI heroes in Arcade would be cool.
  • JediFlight wrote: »
    Would LOVE to see a lot of options in Instant Action such as:

-Split-screen
    (Even if default graphical settings need to be.
    toned down to allow it)
    -AI trooper skins
    -AI vehicles
    -All maps
    (including smaller maps like Jabba's Palace)
    -The ability to select skins from the in game.
    respawn menu like you can online
    -Time of day selection (for maps that allow it)
    -Number of kills before round ends (like 2005 had)
    -Ability to play as troopers/reinforcement only
    -Starfighters
    -Ability to choose a sequence of maps that auto.
    start after the end of a round and selecting your.
    team in game instead of going back to the main.
    menu like the original had
    -Different Instant Action modes like 2005 had
    (Conquest, Big Team Battle, CTF, Hero Battle,
    Walker Assault, ect.)

I do not mean to sound greedy because I'd be happy with just half these options. But I think this offline content is what will really shape this game's future so that when online is no longer supported it doesn't just turn into a glorified frisbee.

Also would appreciate the ability to have 2nd player in arcade sign in to their own profile so they can have their own guns and star cards/settings set up every time they play.

#Split-ScreenPlayersMatter

This is an awesome list, especially the split screen.
  • Overall, alot of good things in this update. Please consider adding splitscreen to instant action.

I would love to see this.
  • I've always thought Extraction should be part of Strike. NICE!

NOW just give us MORE MAPS FOR STRIKE and fix the HORRIBLE MATCHMAKING FOR STRIKE and we'll actually be getting somewhere!...

• *fingers crossed*
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    edited September 24
    ASCENTlX wrote: »
    Seriously have to disagree with the Yoda change. Doing one is fine (health nerf OR damage nerf) but now he is subpar at supporting heroes as what presence gives barely covers a saber swing. Offensively, fine, make that choice. But do take in mind his swing speed is already the lowest and now his dash will be the weakest. He will be pointless to play as for both roles now.

^^

This also alters the balance of other heroes. Yoda's gets hit through his dash constantly, so this may just make dashing a hindrance to Yoda. What an absurd thing to do. He may be trading 85 damage for 125/130/145/160 etc damage every time he dashes. How broken and useless

At 700 Health, he could go up to 960 and easily match a Vader in Showdown. Now he is so far below Vader, who can spam through his dashes now and cheese for the kill, it's ludicrous.

exactly agree regarding dash damage change

I personally think the presence change is fine and needed for GA/CS, but the overall dash damage change makes no sense
  • WwwaaAAAAiit... did it just say heroes have no cooldowns on abilities anymore?? Lmao. ... that's not going to be good. Imagine millions of freezes, pulls, force pushes, infinite phasma droids, boba rockets. No thanks. That better not be what they meant there D;
  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    WwwaaAAAAiit... did it just say heroes have no cooldowns on abilities anymore?? Lmao. ... that's not going to be good. Imagine millions of freezes, pulls, force pushes, infinite phasma droids, boba rockets. No thanks. That better not be what they meant there D;

No?

e0h2ruoqp3ox.jpg

The Hero With No Fear.

WwwaaAAAAiit... did it just say heroes have no cooldowns on abilities anymore?? Lmao. ... that's not going to be good. Imagine millions of freezes, pulls, force pushes, infinite phasma droids, boba rockets. No thanks. That better not be what they meant there D;

@KaPowaFie Read it properly mate! :D

No cooldown if they're interrupted.
  • Extraction into Strike Rotation? YEEEEES finally! Extraction is almost dead on PC, this will help finding games and also makes sense since its still a small-scale objective based trooper game mode. Please keep it that way! Also, can we maybe get 2 more Extraction maps sometime? Maybe Bespin Administrators Palace since its not in Strike yet? And maybe Crait or Geonosis? The Sullust Refinery Map form the last game was awesome too, maybe you cant bring that one back!

Very glad about this change, remember splitting up the playerbase into too many small gamemodes is what ruined the last game, so KEEP IT this way!
  • cool update! I'm happy the KENOBIIIIII emote is in the game before it's unlocked, so we can check it out
  • One of the best updates yet!
  • Skins still don't change before the match starts :(
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • Keep the skins with Luke coming, Im all for Farmboy but good lord does he need more
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Grievous is just never gonna have his actual bugs fixed, is he.
    HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke

Nice
    The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal should not stack anymore.

Good
    LIGHTSABER HEROES
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the deflect animation to not show locally, even though the player is deflecting.
    • Made changes to reduce the risk of rubberbanding when deflecting a lightsaber attack.
    • Updated staggers to give more control to the player being attacked.
    • Adjusted all Lightsaber Heroes' dodge timings in order to let them move after the dodge animation earlier.
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber Heroes would deflect the wrong Blaster bolt color.
    Hopefully good?
    BOBA FETT
    • Boba Fett's jetpack fuel now displays the amount of fuel constantly when dodging or replenishing. Previously this was updating only every second and leading to misunderstanding about the amount consumed.
    • Fixed an issue where the Death from above star card effect would happen without having to activate the Rocket Barrage ability.

Good
    CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Captain Phasma can now pick up the Sentry Droid. This should help Phasma relocate as it was currently very frustrating to be locked in place or have to lose your turret for the duration of the cooldown.
    • Captain Phasma's Sentry Droid now is destroyed when she is defeated.

Finally that annoying sentry will go away!
    REY
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Rey's Dash Strike to completely deplete the stamina bar of a Lightsaber Hero when blocking.

I was kind of getting used to this as a decent gameplay mechanic, since I think her dash should break block, but it's fine either way
    YODA
    Reduced Yoda's health bonus from the Presence ability
    • Base health bonus on troopers reduced from 100 to 70 points
    • Base health bonus on Heroes and Yoda reduced from 200 to 150 points
    • Reduced the delay until health starts depleting from 10 to 8 seconds. Yoda's Presence was the strongest bonus health in the game by far. We're trying to reduce its impact on big game modes.

Sounds good

Yoda’s dash shouldn’t go through block in the first place. It’s still 85 unblockable damage. Yoda still has a lot going for him in HVV, I don’t get this exaggeration from people saying he’s underwhelming in any regard. Block spam may be somewhat annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as saber spammers, which an ability like this is catered towards.
  • @F8RGE Still no fix for the Obi-Wan push glitch?
  • Relieved to hear that the game-breaking changes made to lightsaber combat are finally being removed.

On another note, the game would definitely have a much more cinematic feel if there was a skin for the clones and droids that changed to the appropriate legion depending on the map (i.e. 41st and 41st strike at random on Kashyyyk).
  • Ghost38
    7 posts Member
    edited September 25
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • Visual issue with the default appearance of AI Clone Troopers on CO-OP and Instant Action being Phase 1 by default.

Hey @F8RGE, could you guys let the phase 1 shinies be the default look for the clones on Geonosis and Kamino on every game mode, or at least on Instant Action, please?

And is there any chance we get an option to select the AI skins for Instant Action in a future update? Please?
    ASCENTlX wrote: »
    Seriously have to disagree with the Yoda change. Doing one is fine (health nerf OR damage nerf) but now he is subpar at supporting heroes as what presence gives barely covers a saber swing. Offensively, fine, make that choice. But do take in mind his swing speed is already the lowest and now his dash will be the weakest. He will be pointless to play as for both roles now.

^^

This also alters the balance of other heroes. Yoda's gets hit through his dash constantly, so this may just make dashing a hindrance to Yoda. What an absurd thing to do. He may be trading 85 damage for 125/130/145/160 etc damage every time he dashes. How broken and useless

At 700 Health, he could go up to 960 and easily match a Vader in Showdown. Now he is so far below Vader, who can spam through his dashes now and cheese for the kill, it's ludicrous.

exactly agree regarding dash damage change

I personally think the presence change is fine and needed for GA/CS, but the overall dash damage change makes no sense

I think the presence values on him should be left alone at 960 max, but nerfed for surrounding troops in GA/CS. It's annoying that Yoda gets this health nerf yet Vader is still there at 950 base along with Rage which adds 150? 200? Either Vader's health card needs to be reduced to provide 900 base like Anakin's Tenacious, or Vader needs to gain less bonus health from focused rage.

Meanwhile other DSers need buffs

The Hero With No Fear.

• I hope we don’t lose daily crates, they have charm.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Increase the credit gain in arcade, offer nothing new to spend credits on. How dice.
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    edited September 25
    Zepheon wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke

Nice
    The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal should not stack anymore.

Good
    LIGHTSABER HEROES
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the deflect animation to not show locally, even though the player is deflecting.
    • Updated staggers to give more control to the player being attacked.
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber Heroes would deflect the wrong Blaster bolt color.
    Hopefully good?
    BOBA FETT
    • Boba Fett's jetpack fuel now displays the amount of fuel constantly when dodging or replenishing. Previously this was updating only every second and leading to misunderstanding about the amount consumed.
    • Fixed an issue where the Death from above star card effect would happen without having to activate the Rocket Barrage ability.

Good
    CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Captain Phasma can now pick up the Sentry Droid. This should help Phasma relocate as it was currently very frustrating to be locked in place or have to lose your turret for the duration of the cooldown.
    • Captain Phasma's Sentry Droid now is destroyed when she is defeated.

Finally that annoying sentry will go away!
    REY
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Rey's Dash Strike to completely deplete the stamina bar of a Lightsaber Hero when blocking.

I was kind of getting used to this as a decent gameplay mechanic, since I think her dash should break block, but it's fine either way
    YODA
    Reduced Yoda's health bonus from the Presence ability
    • Base health bonus on troopers reduced from 100 to 70 points
    • Base health bonus on Heroes and Yoda reduced from 200 to 150 points
    • Reduced the delay until health starts depleting from 10 to 8 seconds. Yoda's Presence was the strongest bonus health in the game by far. We're trying to reduce its impact on big game modes.

Sounds good

Yoda’s dash shouldn’t go through block in the first place. It’s still 85 unblockable damage. Yoda still has a lot going for him in HVV, I don’t get this exaggeration from people saying he’s underwhelming in any regard. Block spam may be somewhat annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as saber spammers, which an ability like this is catered towards.

It's not about it going through block, it is fine if it only does 85 when breaking block; the issue is that his dash only delivers 85 when his opponents aren't blocking. Combine this with significantly lower swing speed than every other saber user and you have Yoda being offensively handicapped.

So imagine a 1v1 situation where Yoda does a dash inflicting 85 damage and his opponent does a normal attack and does 150 damage; and then yoda starts swinging with his regular attack, but by the time Yoda can swing twice, his opponent has delivered three more swings since Yoda swings so slowly. Now Yoda has lost 600 health and taken only 367 from his opponent (and this is with his extra damage star card equipped). Previously he would have done 412. He was already underpowered, but at least his dashes we deadly and with a certain high level play style, he could be formidable.

The reason people wanted Yoda to break block in the first place was because of his slow swing speed, so that he could have an alternate play style that made up for his weakness. Now he is just weak.
  • 1514668586380.gif

Looks so interesting! Good job guys =)
    General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• Bless DICE for instant action.
  • I can't put into words how excited I am for this update! Just for Co-Op and Instant Action alone, but I'm really impressed with the amount of gameplay improvements and bug fixes included, too. Not to mention, epic new content like Felucia and the Clone Commando. I can't wait! Well done, DICE. Outstanding work! :sunglasses:

At last, Battlefront II has Instant Action. :blush:
    qzvva95gmks2.jpg
    "All wings report in."
  • So Lightsaber users have rubber banding improvements for their dodging, does this apply to blaster hero's too? Or are they still bantha fodder? Very disappointed Boba's Rocket Barrage wasn't toned down, and where's Liea's buff at? :frowning:
  • wrote:
    KENOBI!
    As far as community requests go we feel that we have our finger on the pulse with what it is you want. However, we might have underestimated your burning desire to scream KENOBI at the top of Dathomirian lungs.

We’re pleased to confirm that coming in October will be a community quest which will enable you to unlock the Darth Maul “Kenobi” emote.

giphy.gif
    I love it!

So how about a Krayt Dragon Call for Kenobi sometime?
    Wknuto!