criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Is jedi outcast worth getting now on ps4

So this was recently released on the ps4 and I never played it when it first came out. Is the game worth getting or not just curious as it's pretty cheap and if its great I'll get it. Is the story good and will it matter I never played the ones before as its a sequel

Replies

• I never played it but some other people liked it
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    So this was recently released on the ps4 and I never played it when it first came out. Is the game worth getting or not just curious as it's pretty cheap and if its great I'll get it. Is the story good and will it matter I never played the ones before as its a sequel

It’s out already? Is it true that the multiplayer modes are intact, and what’s different from the original?
    I think it’s great to experience it and Jedi Academy in their full glory once again, but I’m interested in what this could come to. If this is successful this could give rise to remasters of the other Star Wars games, like Dark Forces with proper dual analog support (unless the PC version already has that?), or rereleases of the other Star Wars games that had their servers shut down!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Rtas
    1574 posts EA Moderator
    I've played it on the Xbox One through BC and I really enjoyed it, it can be a little weird to get used to if you've not played it before but it's got a really great story.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

It’s out already? Is it true that the multiplayer modes are intact, and what’s different from the original?
    I think it’s great to experience it and Jedi Academy in their full glory once again, but I’m interested in what this could come to. If this is successful this could give rise to remasters of the other Star Wars games, like Dark Forces with proper dual analog support (unless the PC version already has that?), or rereleases of the other Star Wars games that had their servers shut down!

Yeah it came out the other day on Tuesday I think. I don't think it has multiplayer though that hasn't been included but yeah more star wars games remastered would be great
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    I've played it on the Xbox One through BC and I really enjoyed it, it can be a little weird to get used to if you've not played it before but it's got a really great story.

I ended up just buying it looking forward to try it out
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Yeah it came out the other day on Tuesday I think. I don't think it has multiplayer though that hasn't been included but yeah more star wars games remastered would be great

Did the original have multiplayer? I could’ve sworn I read that the multiplayer modes were re-added.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

Did the original have multiplayer? I could’ve sworn I read that the multiplayer modes were re-added.

Yeah the original had multiplayer but the ps4 version doesn't

I just checked and a few websites mentioned it was coming, but the option isn’t even present from what you and a reviewer mentioned.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

I just checked and a few websites mentioned it was coming, but the option isn’t even present from what you and a reviewer mentioned.

Definitely no online atm don't know if they are planning on adding it haven't read anything on that

Definitely no online atm don't know if they are planning on adding it haven't read anything on that

Unfortunately, it could have been a misinterpretation on their part (I saw it mentioned on resetera and CBR, but I don’t think I checked where they got their information from).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Since they said they were bringing the Y-axis option due to demand, maybe we could ask them to restore multiplayer, if it’s possible anyway?
    I actually have a few questions about the game, but first I’d like to ask if it’s okay to ask about the entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Series?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member
    So is the newer version any good? Tempted to pick it up.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • EA_Rtas
    1574 posts EA Moderator
    DarthJ wrote: »

I ended up picking it up on the Switch and I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty great to be able to play it on the move.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Got it on ps4 only played a small bit but I'm having fun with it definitely worth picking up I'd say
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member

Got it on ps4 only played a small bit but I'm having fun with it definitely worth picking up I'd say

Cheers mate. 7.99 seems like a bargain on the store so I might do that. Not bothered about graphics as long as it plays well and has a good story (I rebought most of R* ps2 games on the ps4, they are still great)
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member
    I got it, playing the first level. Finding shooting difficult for some reason and checkpoints seem miles apart. Have to get used to it like the good old days again!

Having fun though. Find it hilarious how you are in an abandoned imperial outpost shooting at stormtroopers and in the middle of the firefight you hear them shout 'let me see some identification' haha
  • Batman20
    2115 posts Member
    edited November 3
    I got it, playing the first level. Finding shooting difficult for some reason and checkpoints seem miles apart. Have to get used to it like the good old days again!

Having fun though. Find it hilarious how you are in an abandoned imperial outpost shooting at stormtroopers and in the middle of the firefight you hear them shout 'let me see some identification' haha

I agree about the checkpoints they are pretty far apart in terms of the controls I'm OK with them. It is an old game so controls will always be weird. I have played manhunt by rockstar on ps4 and the controls for that are horrible but still a good game
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member

I agree about the checkpoints they are pretty far apart in terms of the controls I'm OK with them. It is an old game so controls will always be weird. I have played manhunt by rockstar on ps4 and the controls for that are horrible but still a good game

Just realised when you manually save you can reload from that point....would have saved me a lot of replay time haha