criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Clone Commando OP

Hello Dice
I would like to start off by saying that Felucia is an absolutely beautiful map. Good job on that one my friends. On to the point, since playing capital supremacy post update I have not once won a match as the droids. The Clone commando is so utterly broken and unreasonable to take down, it almost makes me think that you guys didnt think or test out anything about this new unit before deploying them. Not only do they nearly one shot tanks but their damage resistance ability is entirely to strong. Legit take me 5 swings with a saber character to take one down and not to mention theres usually 3 or 4 grouped up together launch these pesky armor piercing grenade launchers at you, you might as well just throw master chief into the game with a rocket launcher. This update is way worst then OG Anakin in my opinion due to the volume of these units are on the field and I can not stand to play this gamemode any longer. Please hot fix clone commandos asap.

Replies

• rhere's nothing wrong with the commando's they probably have blue or purple starcards.... those make them tougher to take out.
  • they need to make the clone commandos 1,500 battle points or 2,000. thats all i want
  • Spawn_AC
    4 posts Member
    edited September 27
    The clone commandos are not OP. Wookies can 1 shot infantry and 5 shot heroes. Clone Commandos are only really a threat at close range because there weapons spread is so high. If they are grouped to together or have high star cards then yes they will be hard to kill. They can only 2 shot tanks from behind. Someone is saying this was worse than the Anakin update and Anakin was able to get unlimited retribution, could 1 shot everyone from 360 degrees in a 10 block radius, had 1,000 health and if buffed by Yoda would get even more than that. Flame troopers can kill heroes in 4 seconds, Wookies can kill heroes in 2 seconds, death troopers can kill heroes in 4 seconds. B2 battledroid can kill heroes in 3 seconds. (All With there overload abilities) Even if they aren't on the one that can't kill you in below 10 seconds is the flame trooper. Republic Commando doesn't even have a overload ability. So clearly the problem isn't that they are so called "OP" the problem is that there can be up to 7 of them in the field at one time and that are 1000 points which you can get in literally 30 seconds into the game. Dice was thinking when they nerfed Yoda's presence because if he had pre-nerf presence Republic Commandos would actually become a real problem,
    Post edited by Spawn_AC on
  • I see you comparing blaster damage to other reinforcements when there is no comparison between their damage versus the commandos. While I do think the cooldown for the RPG launcher the commando has needs to be bumped up to 15 seconds instead of 10, the "OP" that people are talking about is the group mitigation which also happens to be bugged by the way. They synergize with Yoda and Obi-wan a bit. If you think about it, the commando is giving the defensive king a 50% damage mitigation and Yoda gives the commandos a buffer to their HP as well as himself and the commandos give him a 50% damage mitigation.
    Even worse, they synergize with Finn. Big deals HP+damage reduction+ damage bonus paired with the commandos battle rhythm.
  • Spawn_AC
    4 posts Member
    edited September 28
    Like I said the problem isn't the Commandos themselves it's the fact that there can be up to 7 of them in the field and that they are 1,000 battlepoints making them really easy to get. All that needs to happen is that they need to make commandoes 2,000-2,500 battlepoints and only put about 3-4 at a time. I'm comparing damage because someone is comparing the commandos to wookies and droidekas (Droidekas in general need a buff though) . Not to mention they are only good up close. Also there 50% damage reduction is only available for 10 seconds with a 20 second cooldown.

• All that needs to be done is fix the value for the damage mitigation and also have it ignore heroes if it is possible. Also improve the accuracy of the commandos blaster for better mid-range engagements and also adjust the damage of the RPG launcher they have or increase its cooldown because it 2-3 shotting a tank is not okay for 1 player just like it was not okay for balance when speeder bikes were able to one-shot heroes with laser barrage.
    Since Dice added the commandos to the enforcer class, you can't reduce the number of enforcers just to reduce the number of commandos on the playing field. That would just hurt the game even more and punish players who like to play an enforcer class that are not commandos.
    As for that 10-second cooldown for the mitigation buff, isn't that before you equip the star card to increase the duration of the "middle" ability?
  • Op indeed
  • GarthRevan
    123 posts Member
    edited September 29
    Hello Dice
    I would like to start off by saying that Felucia is an absolutely beautiful map. Good job on that one my friends. On to the point, since playing capital supremacy post update I have not once won a match as the droids. The Clone commando is so utterly broken and unreasonable to take down, it almost makes me think that you guys didnt think or test out anything about this new unit before deploying them. Not only do they nearly one shot tanks but their damage resistance ability is entirely to strong. Legit take me 5 swings with a saber character to take one down and not to mention theres usually 3 or 4 grouped up together launch these pesky armor piercing grenade launchers at you, you might as well just throw master chief into the game with a rocket launcher. This update is way worst then OG Anakin in my opinion due to the volume of these units are on the field and I can not stand to play this gamemode any longer. Please hot fix clone commandos asap.

You speak from my heart. Who ever designed balancing screwed up. As droids you just get stomped all the time and you have nothing to beat it. Its HORRIFIC!!!!! I have just won once as droids in a considerable numbers of games and that with a real superior team. Normally even if one team has the way better players it doesnt matter: Whoever has the clone wins.

The 2000BP BX droid has a pea shooter and when the clone commando on top buffs everyone you need so many hits its better to take a regular to get a kill. I had full 7 hits with the vibro on a clone commando and he still had health left and then head shoted me. Its a joke. Oh yeah and best when cthe clone commando gives protection to Anakin. What can you do ? Almost nothing.

Talking Anakin: Try to escape ???? oh no he just pulls you from a 100 meters distance. So you eventually kill him? Doesnt matter the next one is about to spawn in in 3 seconds....

Oh and the super battle droid the only that has some chance on the droids side: forget it you just get killed in a heartbeat by Anakin, Obi Yoda and now the clone commando on top. If you want to kill the clone commando as super battle droid you need to switch to overload and just hit all the headshots to have a chance. Pray he doesnt push you....

Clone Commandos should be 2500 BP and BX just 1000 and their thermal view cool down halfed and the fog made poison. That would make sence and Anakins pull swaped to a push.

I have played the clone commando and easily got 3 kills with 3 rockets several times. I took tanks down easily with 3 hits. I knocked down Dooku and killed him easily. BX ? No Problem ... turn your protection on and just shoot it.... it may hit you as many times as it can... no problem. All for just 1000 BP.
  • Spawn_AC
    4 posts Member
    edited September 29
    GarthRevan wrote: »
    Hello Dice

You speak from my heart. Who ever designed balancing screwed up. As droids you just get stomped all the time and you have nothing to beat it. Its HORRIFIC!!!!! I have just won once as droids in a considerable numbers of games and that with a real superior team. Normally even if one team has the way better players it doesnt matter: Whoever has the clone wins.

The 2000BP BX droid has a pea shooter and when the clone commando on top buffs everyone you need so many hits its better to take a regular to get a kill. I had full 7 hits with the vibro on a clone commando and he still had health left and then head shoted me. Its a joke. Oh yeah and best when cthe clone commando gives protection to Anakin. What can you do ? Almost nothing.

Talking Anakin: Try to escape ???? oh no he just pulls you from a 100 meters distance. So you eventually kill him? Doesnt matter the next one is about to spawn in in 3 seconds....

Oh and the super battle droid the only that has some chance on the droids side: forget it you just get killed in a heartbeat by Anakin, Obi Yoda and now the clone commando on top. If you want to kill the clone commando as super battle droid you need to switch to overload and just hit all the headshots to have a chance. Pray he doesnt push you....

Clone Commandos should be 2500 BP and BX just 1000 and their thermal view cool down halfed and the fog made poison. That would make sence and Anakins pull swaped to a push.

I have played the clone commando and easily got 3 kills with 3 rockets several times. I took tanks down easily with 3 hits. I knocked down Dooku and killed him easily. BX ? No Problem ... turn your protection on and just shoot it.... it may hit you as many times as it can... no problem. All for just 1000 BP.

The Clone Commandos damage reduction is bugged. It's supposed to do 25% but it's doing 50%. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also Anakin would have be standing within lightsaber range for the buff to be active. 99% of the time Anakin players are running off by themselves. Your telling me that Anakin it standing shoulder to shoulder with the Commando for a full 10 seconds?
  • The damage reduction is not the only problem, anti armor is a huge middle finger to AATs, while the droids don't have such an effective counter to the saber tank, this translates in the republic having tanks and CIS not, try to use one and you'll get deleted by concentrated fire from commandos. Heavy with ion turret/torpedo setup is nowhere near as effective.
  • A damaged clone commando can kill a full strength hero, absorbing light saber attacks. I just played capital supremacy and just about every time I was killed, it was by a clone commando. It's too much.
  • What's really weird about clone commandos is, they don't feel OP at all in PVE. The grenades are good but not utterly devastating and Battle Focus is a nice support power but it doesn't turn you into a freaking Terminator like it does in PVP. It's like they were meant to be godly against bots instead of players but the values got switched.
  • GarthRevan
    123 posts Member
    edited October 3
    The damage reduction is not the only problem, anti armor is a huge middle finger to AATs, while the droids don't have such an effective counter to the saber tank, this translates in the republic having tanks and CIS not, try to use one and you'll get deleted by concentrated fire from commandos. Heavy with ion turret/torpedo setup is nowhere near as effective.

Couldnt agree more - its horrific and the tanks then go against the villains which have to fight OP Anakin anyway - and now on top are bombarded by Tanks and Clone Commando rockets!

• Couldn't agree more. The Commando Clone doesn't necessarily seem broken until any of their abilities are used. I played yesterday and it did not matter what we did, there would be max in play numbers all clustered together. Near impossible to combat against. Even more so since, the special unit values are glitched and Tanks, Heroes cost 800,000 BP. - SERIOUSLY?

Having said that, I think playing against Commando Clones together with Heroes would have been so frustrating.
    There was one player in our Capital Supremacy game who had 351 eliminations. More than 170 eliminations than the next player. I think Dice need to limit how many times you can use the clone because that player would die and just respawn as one...

I had just said to friends that Star Wars was finally in a really good place only to be absolutely destroyed repeatedly, with no hope of winning as the droids.

HOPE CANNOT SAVE THEM.
  • I agree the clone commando is WAY too difficult to kill. Maybe it is just the perks from star cards, I dunno, but it is near impossible to kill. It's the same as when they first introduced Anakin, it makes the game infuriating to play. Please fix this. I know a lot of people have said it's fine the way it is, but I can see from the comments and agreements that the majority of players feel it does need to be changed.
  • Commando cost now 2000.
  • And it still doesn't help when you have officer spammers who get 2000 in one life.
    That has not helped the state of the game and LS just sits there with all their mitigations and the DS can't do anything. Fix this *****, DICE.
  • Yeah the Commandos are another beauty of imbalance.
  • The childish Republic super fans requested a niche character in lore that is soo niche and over powered and so expensive for the Republic to even produce due to the specialized tech they received. Literally during the Clone Wars we have a higher chance of seeing every walking and talking alien species than the likely hood of you even seeing a single Clone Commando! It's a Niche character we shouldn't even have cause the Republic sent Clone Commandos on solo squad missions to sabotage Separatists assets so seeing them in front line combat ruins the game for me and allot of other players! But the Republic super fans are quick to point out the Commando Droid wasn't seen in the movies okay but its also not a Niche character like a Clone Commando the Separatists mass produced everything so we will assume Commando Droids were on more important levels of ships / bases! #RemovetheCloneCommando
  • Hey and the clones get free ATTEs on Felucia! And also the droids most of the time come from the side where they have to fight uphill and against the sun!! brilliant!