criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Community Transmission - October Timed Quests

Prev1
F8RGE
885 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 1
grejt4qu9gb7.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

We’re back and this time we’ve got the details on some upcoming Timed Quests. Back in May we had the May the Fourth event, which allowed you to unlock the Princess of Alderaan appearance for Leia Organa. We decided it was time to do another event, and this time we have both an appearance and emote up for grabs.

We’ll be running both Timed Quests for a week, starting on Friday 11th October and finishing the following Friday, on the 18th.

Here’s what you have to do to unlock them both.

fapd44f2h251.png

COMMUNITY QUEST - IT’S NOT IMPOSSIBLE

It’s now been over 40 years since Star Wars: A New Hope gave us our first look at Luke Skywalker, in particular his look from his time on Tatooine as a Farmboy. If you want to unlock this appearance here’s what you’ll have to do.

Objective: Defeat Enemies in Co-Op

Head on into Co-Op and defeat 150 enemies. This total does carry over, so you won’t have to achieve the full amount in a single game. This is an individual tally, not a team based one.

Claim the Appearance: Complete the objective and login

As soon as you have defeated 150 enemies you will automatically unlock the appearance. From here you can go into the collection menu to equip it.

g33kc2vp8z0u.png

p5eocnxa8bhl.png

COMMUNITY QUEST - EXACT REVENGE

Throughout July we gave you the opportunity to unlock various voice lines, and of these, one of them was Darth Maul saying “Kenobi”.

We know we have a lot of Darth Maul fans within the community and the feedback was clear, you wanted the “KENOBI!” scream. You wanted it, here’s how you can unleash the inner Dathomirian in you.

Objective: Capture Command Posts on Felucia

For those of you wanting to belt out “KENOBI!” at the top of your lungs you’ll be needing to head to Felucia and capture some Command Posts. You’ll be required to assist in the capture of 15 Command Posts, do so and the emote is yours.

Claim the Emote: Complete the objective and login

Much like the Timed Quest for the new Luke Skywalker appearance, claiming your new emote is a simple process. Once you’ve achieved the 15 Command Post captures you’ll automatically unlock the Kenobi! emote. Head to the collection menu to equip it.

THE RECAP
  • Timed Quests for both Farmboy Luke appearance and Kenobi! emote.
  • Both quests start at 12:00 AM on October 11th CEST.
  • Both quests finish at 06:00 AM on October 18th CEST.
  • Defeat 150 enemies in Co-Op to unlock the Farmboy Luke Appearance.
  • Capture 15 Command Posts on Felucia to unlock the Darth Maul Kenobi! emote.
  • Once unlocked, both appearance and emote will be in your collection menu.
  • Both appearance and emote will only be unlockable during this time, however there is a chance that they will return in other similar events in the future.

ce24u04svm0h.png
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• These look like great rewards!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Just a shame you have to play online to get them. Maybe next time!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • TheScape
    2251 posts Member
    The only complaint I have is that I will be in China for the whole duration of the event :neutral: It's nice that you can play remotely on PS4...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Are both challenges only for Co-Op or is the Maul challenge able to be done in either CS or Co-Op?
  • Where can I do a Kenobi emote quest?
    Capital supremacy, CO-OP or instant action? Or on all?
  • Need both of them
  • So for CS, will Felucia appear more often in the map rotation then? I can see myself getting frustrated with hardly ever getting to play on the map due to random matchmaking shenanigans. Or will this also be able to be accomplished through Co-Op?
  • So for CS, will Felucia appear more often in the map rotation then? I can see myself getting frustrated with hardly ever getting to play on the map due to random matchmaking shenanigans. Or will this also be able to be accomplished through Co-Op?

Same question...@F8RGE
  • darkshadowspike
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2
    I would like to have access to the new lukas outfit, but I don't play online because my internet is very slow, so I'm happy for the colleagues who play online who had this new look, but I will be left unfortunately I won't be able to ...
    Just a shame you have to play online to get them. Maybe next time!!

So we offline players are just [Removed] i guess? I'm love with insant action , but this is disappointing i hope that future skins and emotes would be unlockable with credits or crystal instead of online challenges , so offline players can atleast have a chance of getting them ...... ugh...

Leave it out with the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • F8RGE
    885 posts EA Community Manager
    Are both challenges only for Co-Op or is the Maul challenge able to be done in either CS or Co-Op?

CS for Maul
  • Ridley12
    3 posts Member
    edited October 1
    I wish you could play Instant Action to get the emote since I assume it's basically the same as playing Capital Supremacy (haven't played it yet, but looking forward to playing it.)
    Commander Ridley, at your service.
  • Are Wednesdays still double xp days?
  • Are Wednesdays still double xp days?

For the foreseeable future.
  • Just a shame you have to play online to get them. Maybe next time!!

I guess #singleplayers don't matter that much.
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • for the emote does it work if i capture a command post on felucia in instant action?
  • On the subject of new appearances, specifically for heroes and villains, I have created a list of personal suggestions that I would like to see in-game, as well as a description of what each one is (for those whose titles may seem vague).

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/146827/new-appearances-for-heroes-and-villains/p1?new=1
  • for the emote does it work if i capture a command post on felucia in instant action?

No, CS only, per Ben.
  • The new Luke skin is a little horrible.

Of the like 5 faces Online I've found of young farm boy Luke I am pretty sure they picked the one with the fattest cheeks. The actual photo they based it on DOES look a lot like this. It is not a very flattering picture of Mark Hamill though, it looks like he hung out around the food buffet to long, lol, real chubby baby cheaks. DICE would have been better off picking his less pork out photos but oh well, what can you do.

However, calling it horrible is not accurate, they just based it on an unflattering photo, that's all.

That said thanks devs for the new Luke skin.

P.S. - but can you slightly tweak the cheeks and bring them in just a tad, thank you. 🙂👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • flcnrelic wrote: »

lol
  • Ridley12 wrote: »
    I wish you could play Instant Action to get the emote since I assume it's basically the same as playing Capital Supremacy (haven't played it yet, but looking forward to playing it.)

Offline "Instant Action"? Yes it's basically phase #1 "Capital Supremacy". Which is in and of itself a copy (sort of) of "Conquest" mode (though with slightly different rules).

Online "Co-Op" is basically the same thing as SWBF (2015)'s "Turning Point" (except without the bombardment upon taking the CP).
    “There is always hope.”
  • Xena
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2
    I would like to have access to the new lukas outfit, but I don't play online because my internet is very slow, so I'm happy for the colleagues who play online who had this new look, but I will be left unfortunately I won't be able to ...

So we offline players are just [Removed], i guess? I'm love with insant action , but this is disappointing i hope that future skins and emotes would be unlockable with credits or crystal instead of online challenges , so offline players can atleast have a chance of getting them ...... ugh...

Yeah.. offline is not often a priority :confused:
    And your Dukat avatar made me lol, love it.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I bought war front battle 2 for having offline content and an arcade campaign now with isntant action plus an offline mode I think developers care about who can't or can't play offline, I think everyone should benefit not only the public who play online, and I believe that because they have put one more offilne game mode to Dice Ea Games if you want to please all players, keep bringing new content to all players, we are all priorities, do not forget one audience and benefit another , we all have equal rights, everyone likes to play it any way I want everyone to be satisfied, I don't care how I play online or offlane I just want the same benefits for everyone, because I don't think only of myself, it's very inhuman do people who play online find themselves worthy of everything and others, no matter ??? I fight for a BF star war for everyone.
  • flcnrelic wrote: »

Accually matter
  • I am okay with the event exclusives, so long as events repeat once in awhile (I.E. a year), but not if they are “vaulted.”
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Fantastic. Looking forward to this. B)

I still really want special community event Voice Lines and animated Victory Poses for Anakin and Dooku, though. :'(
    "All wings report in."
  • These are kind of cool and I’m not complaining, but wouldn’t it make more sense from a business point of view to make them purchasable with credits? New players would be encouraged to either support the game with money, or work hard to get more credits, and experienced players would finally have some more stuff to use their pile of credits on.
    These are kind of cool and I’m not complaining, but wouldn’t it make more sense from a business point of view to make them purchasable with credits? New players would be encouraged to either support the game with money, or work hard to get more credits, and experienced players would finally have some more stuff to use their pile of credits on.

Not necessarily, having people playing the game is just as much important, and with this event you force people to play if they want the thing, this is a way to showcase new additions to the game too and hopefully bring in new people or people who left. No point in adding paid content if people won't pay for it
  • rmngrnk
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2
    I will not be able to participate in this event because of my work trip .. and therefore I will lose the opportunity to get Luke’s skin and emotion for Maul like Leia in a white dress :( I believe that these new skins and emotions should be sold for loans or diamonds, so that all players have the opportunity to get them. That would be right. I can’t lose my job for this challenge :D
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Where can I do a Kenobi emote quest?
    "Capital supremacy", "Co-Op" or "Instant Action"? Or on all?
    For the emote does it work if i capture a Command Post on Felucia in "Instant Action"?
    Ridley12 wrote: »
    I wish you could play "Instant Action" to get the emote since I assume it's basically the same as playing "Capital Supremacy" (haven't played it yet, but looking forward to playing it.)
    Just a shame you have to play Online to get them. Maybe next time!!
    flcnrelic wrote: »

Hmmmmmmmm.
    I would like to have access to the new luke outfit, but I don't play Online because my internet is very slow, so I'm happy for the colleagues who play Online who had this new look, but I will be left out unfortunately I won't be able to ...

Owch.
    I bought war front battle 2 for having offline content and an arcade campaign now with isntant action plus an offline mode I think developers care about who can't or can't play offline, I think everyone should benefit not only the public who play online, and I believe that because they have put one more offilne game mode to Dice Ea Games if you want to please all players, keep bringing new content to all players, we are all priorities, do not forget one audience and benefit another , we all have equal rights, everyone likes to play it any way I want everyone to be satisfied, I don't care how I play online or offlane I just want the same benefits for everyone, because I don't think only of myself, it's very inhuman do people who play online find themselves worthy of everything and others, no matter ??? I fight for a BF star war for everyone.

Whoops, Google Translate really did a scramble on that one above. I'm sure he didn't intend to word it that harshly, Google Translate can be brutal.

Here let me help you Vini..
    I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for having Offline content and an Arcade campaign. Now with "Instant Action" Offline mode I would like to believe developers care about who can or can't play Offline. I think everyone should benefit not only the public who plays Online. And I believe that because Dice Ea Games have put one more Offline game mode because you want to please all players.

Keep bringing new content to all players, we are all priorities, do not forget one audience and benefit another. We all have equal rights, everyone likes to play it the way they want. Everyone has the right to be satisfied. I don't care how I play Online or Offline, I just want the same benefits for everyone, because I don't think only of myself. It's very pitiless, do people who play Online find themselves worthy of everything and others don't matter ??? I fight for a Star Wars BF for everyone.

There hows that? I think that holds the energy of what you were trying to say.

You do have a valid point. I too do not understand why we can not level up in "Instant Action". The A.I. is very good.

I do understand that DICE felt (in the past) it was too easy in Arcade, therefore too easy to level up. But now with the learning A.I. "Instant Action" game mode, that is no longer the case. Well unless of course your Online in Co-Op and have a double or triple experience weekend that is, lol. Which is your whole point I guess. Why should only Online people benefit from this? Why can they level up and Offliners cant? Why can they earn skins Online and Offliners cant? I hear you bro.

I play On and Offline so it's not as frustrating to me but I feel your pain.

Maybe the devs could offer people Offline to be able to purchase the skins. This way you still get it. If they do not wish to make it able to be opened up via "Instant Action."
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • clubprivat
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2
    When the support of the game ends, will we receive the event skins(Leia and Luke) for free or do we have to purchase them in the future?

For the emote does it work if i capture a Command Post on Felucia in "Instant Action"?
    I wish you could play "Instant Action" to get the emote since I assume it's basically the same as playing "Capital Supremacy" (haven't played it yet, but looking forward to playing it.)

Hmmmmmmmm.
    I would like to have access to the new luke outfit, but I don't play Online because my internet is very slow, so I'm happy for the colleagues who play Online who had this new look, but I will be left out unfortunately I won't be able to ...

Owch.
    I bought war front battle 2 for having offline content and an arcade campaign now with isntant action plus an offline mode I think developers care about who can't or can't play offline, I think everyone should benefit not only the public who play online, and I believe that because they have put one more offilne game mode to Dice Ea Games if you want to please all players, keep bringing new content to all players, we are all priorities, do not forget one audience and benefit another , we all have equal rights, everyone likes to play it any way I want everyone to be satisfied, I don't care how I play online or offlane I just want the same benefits for everyone, because I don't think only of myself, it's very inhuman do people who play online find themselves worthy of everything and others, no matter ??? I fight for a BF star war for everyone.

Whoops, Google Translate really did a scramble on that one above. I'm sure he didn't intend to word it that harshly, Google Translate can be brutal.

I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for having Offline content and an Arcade campaign. Now with "Instant Action" Offline mode I would like to believe developers care about who can or can't play Offline. I think everyone should benefit not only the public who plays Online. And I believe that because Dice Ea Games have put one more Offline game mode because you want to please all players.

Keep bringing new content to all players, we are all priorities, do not forget one audience and benefit another. We all have equal rights, everyone likes to play it the way they want. Everyone has the right to be satisfied. I don't care how I play Online or Offline, I just want the same benefits for everyone, because I don't think only of myself. It's very pitiless, do people who play Online find themselves worthy of everything and others don't matter ??? I fight for a Star Wars BF for everyone.

You do have a valid point. I too do not understand why we can not level up in "Instant Action". The A.I. is very good.

I do understand that DICE felt (in the past) it was too easy in Arcade, therefore too easy to level up. But now with the learning A.I. "Instant Action" game mode, that is no longer the case. Well unless of course your Online in Co-Op and have a double or triple experience weekend that is, lol. Which is your whole point I guess. Why should only Online people benefit from this? Why can they level up and Offliners cant? Why can they earn skins Online and Offliners cant? I hear you bro.

thank you very much my friend for helping me the google translator is not doing well in his role, and one more thanks for seeing my side.
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    Head on into Co-Op and defeat 150 enemies. This total does carry over, so you won’t have to achieve the full amount in a single game. This is an individual tally, not a team based one.

Damn wish it was out the other day got 160 odd kills 60 odd assists and only 4 deaths on naboo.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3941 posts Member
    edited October 2
    Deleted
    Post edited by Jett_Fett_91166 on
    #StarWars-y

Hmmmmmmmm.

Owch.

Thank you very much my friend for helping me, the Google Translator is not doing well in its role, and one more thanks for seeing my side.

Any time friend, any time. 🙂

“There is always hope.”
  • Can we get 75%+ damage reduction during emotes. Sometimes, you want to emote someone(s) to enhance the moment but then people exploit that to kill you in second(s).
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    When the support of the game ends, will we receive the event skins(Leia and Luke) for free or do we have to purchase them in the future?

Hopefully support doesn’t end for the next few years. They still have a lot of content left to add as well as features to iron out.
  • Felucia only playlist for event?
  • Why can't I just use credits to buy the Luke skin?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Wheres my darth maul pose that i unlocked playing community challenges!? And im missing one other thing from those same community missions. I played every day and that didn’t unlock! Ive also never heard back from dice after i filed a complaint
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Are both challenges only for Co-Op or is the Maul challenge able to be done in either CS or Co-Op?

CS for Maul

So... It’s going to be cancel and re-search in CS until you get Felucia? Over and over again for a week?

And suddenly it’s individual success, not community?

This won’t be a problem for many, but it will for many.

Your decision making never ceases to amaze.
  • Exact Revenge challenge isn’t tracking
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 11
    DICE's F8RGE said that the Luke skin and Darth Maul emote event has been moved to next week do to a complication, so they are giving us a Triple Experience Weekend instead.

Here's the thread and proof:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1516040#Comment_1516040
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Has anyone unlocked the new Luke skin cause I’ve done the 150 kills and it’s not in my collection menu???
  • Has anyone unlocked the new Luke skin cause I’ve done the 150 kills and it’s not in my collection menu???

Did you read the post directly above you?
    “There is always hope.”
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    733 posts Member
    edited October 11
    Can't wait to get these, but the triple XP will come in handy.
    "All wings report in."

Did you read the post directly above you?

Yeah I thought the same thing. I was kinda mad but it’s alright. They should make up for it by adding more skins...