criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Please fix the unrealistic lightsabre reach!?!?

AW_Cramer
188 posts Member
edited October 3
Seriously!?!? How long do we have to put up with getting hit by lightsabres that are on the ground when we've already jumped or jetpacked 10 feet in the air!?!?

Please fix this

Replies

• Just look at this example of Boba Fett jetpacking away from Luke and he still gets hit when he is clearly nowhere near him!!! @F8RGE

• AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Seriously!?!? How long do we have to put up with getting hit by lightsabres that are on the ground when we've already jumped or jetpacked 10 feet in the air!?!?

Please fix this

It's mostly the input lag between you, your opponent, and the servers

CoD has a lot of this too. Ever shot 5 bullets on your screen into an enemy in what should have been a kill, only for you to be killed, then in the killcam show you shooting only twice?

This game has that same problem

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• Does the community just want this game to be completely ruined or something? Yeah I get a little bit of saber reach after you've been buzzing around like a fly with your rocket trooper trying to shoot your rockets at me the whole match. Come on man....
  • I don't think it is just input lag. You can do it yourself from the saber side. Point and swing and watch yourself sometimes go warp speed to an opponent or sometimes get damage on them when they are 15-20 feet away. It happens a lot of you just spam the swing button.

It will also pull you to them if they roll through your swing. Just keep swinging as they roll and you will twist around and be smacking them as they come out of their roll without even aiming.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Does the community just want this game to be completely ruined or something? Yeah I get a little bit of saber reach after you've been buzzing around like a fly with your rocket trooper trying to shoot your rockets at me the whole match. Come on man....
    It completely ruins any gameplay involving sabers. They can spam and spam and auto lock onto you with no skill required.

They should make the blaster bolts 5 feet wide to make it even :). Kidding aside there is a lot of room for improvement. Ideally get rid of the saber lock on and teleporting and ability canceling. If you can't do that, make blaster shots to the face stagger saber users and cancel abilities, stop dodges and momentum, etc like saber hits do to blaster users.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    Does the community just want this game to be completely ruined or something? Yeah I get a little bit of saber reach after you've been buzzing around like a fly with your rocket trooper trying to shoot your rockets at me the whole match. Come on man....
    It completely ruins any gameplay involving sabers. They can spam and spam and auto lock onto you with no skill required.

They should make the blaster bolts 5 feet wide to make it even :). Kidding aside there is a lot of room for improvement. Ideally get rid of the saber lock on and teleporting and ability canceling. If you can't do that, make blaster shots to the face stagger saber users and cancel abilities, stop dodges and momentum, etc like saber hits do to blaster users.
    What they should really do is make headshots stagger. If getting whacked by a laser sword will stagger you, getting your head burnt off by a blaster should too.

PSN: this_old_mouse

Lmao You must be joking. It's not nearly as bad as it was when that one update cranked it to overload but it's still a trash mechanic that needs to go.

Please fix this

Yep, I died in a match today on Takodana as a result of this very same nonsense. I was near the turbolaser located by Slave I, and a Luke player (whom my Electrocute failed on despite their not even blocking) was somehow able to land two lightsaber attacks when they were stationary on the ground and I was up in the air. The killing blow landed when I was at the highest point of a Palpatine jump.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN

What they should really do is make headshots stagger. If getting whacked by a laser sword will stagger you, getting your head burnt off by a blaster should too.

Yes.

If sabers are going to keep all these ridiculous mechanics, then blasters should get them, too. Add stagger to their shots, increase aim assist to allow blasters to track as easy as sabers do, and magnetize blaster shots to mimic the rubberbanding from sabers.

Also, any stationary or charge ability should get passive mitigation and CC immunity.

Claw Rush gets 40% mitigation and CC immunity - give that to Shoulder Charge and Charge Slam. Instead of removing counter-play for just some abilities - it needs to be removed from all abilities. Fair is fair.

Before anyone takes this seriously; I’m joking... kinda.

Yes.

If sabers are going to keep all these ridiculous mechanics, then blasters should get them, too. Add stagger to their shots, increase aim assist to allow blasters to track as easy as sabers do, and magnetize blaster shots to mimic the rubberbanding from sabers.

Also, any stationary or charge ability should get passive mitigation and CC immunity.

Claw Rush gets 40% mitigation and CC immunity - give that to Shoulder Charge and Charge Slam. Instead of removing counter-play for just some abilities - it needs to be removed from all abilities. Fair is fair.

In a way I was joking, but in a way I’m not. From an outsider’s perspective, guns having stagger is a really weird mechanic, but from a gameplay perspective it would actually be pretty balanced seeing as sabers stagger as much as they do. Maybe if a hero takes a large amount of blaster damage in a short burst, it would stagger a bit. Kinda like how hitting AI with bossk’s blaster while hipfiring for some reason staggers them. Hmm

Yes.

The sad part is your post is right joking or not.

Yes.

In a way I was joking, but in a way I’m not. From an outsider’s perspective, guns having stagger is a really weird mechanic, but from a gameplay perspective it would actually be pretty balanced seeing as sabers stagger as much as they do. Maybe if a hero takes a large amount of blaster damage in a short burst, it would stagger a bit. Kinda like how hitting AI with bossk’s blaster while hipfiring for some reason staggers them. Hmm

It would be one step towards balancing sabers and blasters, as sabers have all the advantages right now.

That’s an interesting idea. DICE likely wouldn’t be able to implement that without breaking something, but it’s still interesting.

I think that's pretty much what I said. Seems like a great idea to me. I find it silly you can run straight at someone shooting you in the face and not be inconvenienced.
  • Well, certain parties sort of do the same thing when bombarded with player feedback regarding numerous glitches, the blatant flaws in this game, and the unnecessary game changes.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Chico
    441 posts Member
    Is it just me, or is Luke the worst for this? I got killed by a saber strike by Luke yesterday when he was attacking a team mate a good 3-4 metres away from me. I was nowhere near striking distance, but somehow his hit registered on me.
  • Chico wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Luke the worst for this? I got killed by a saber strike by Luke yesterday when he was attacking a team mate a good 3-4 metres away from me. I was nowhere near striking distance, but somehow his hit registered on me.

Luke is the absolute worst for this. I think it is his swing speed. Rey and Yoda as well. Hilarious for Yoda considering his height and blade length.

Please fix this

CoD has a lot of this too. Ever shot 5 bullets on your screen into an enemy in what should have been a kill, only for you to be killed, then in the killcam show you shooting only twice?

It's not lag mate. Happens all the time even if you're standing 10 feet away

Please fix this

Has nothing to do with lag.

This issue has been made worse due to laziness from the developers, releasing broken patches and then not bothering to fix it or even admit to it being broken.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif

I never play as a sabre user as the melee combat in this game feels terrible. Yes, its nice and easy to get kills at the press of a button, often at arbitrary distances, and sometimes through walls or by somehow moving your opponent to you, but it doesn't really feel like sabre combat at all.
  • Enzyoo wrote: »
    AW_Cramer wrote: »

Please fix this

Has nothing to do with lag.

This issue has been made worse due to laziness from the developers, releasing broken patches and then not bothering to fix it or even admit to it being broken.
    I have 35 ish ping and it happens non stop to me. Definitely a game issue.

I never play as a sabre user as the melee combat in this game feels terrible. Yes, its nice and easy to get kills at the press of a button, often at arbitrary distances, and sometimes through walls or by somehow moving your opponent to you, but it doesn't really feel like sabre combat at all.

The best part is it sometimes even works against you sending you flying off a ledge because of how ridiculous saber tracking is.
  • LOL, seriously? You are trying to fly away and want smaller hitboxes, I think Boba has larger lightsaber hitbox only because of his jetpacks. No, don't fix this, Boba is so pain in the (you know where), that light saber reach should be overextended only for Boba.
  • Summary:

Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.

Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).

Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.

Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because Luke was already dead.
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Summary:

Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.

Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).

Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.

Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because Luke was already dead.

Lol I didn't even watch the video till this comment. That accuracy doe
    quenaelin wrote: »
    LOL, seriously? You are trying to fly away and want smaller hitboxes, I think Boba has larger lightsaber hitbox only because of his jetpacks. No, don't fix this, Boba is so pain in the (you know where), that light saber reach should be overextended only for Boba.

Pretty much this ^^^

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.