criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Grevious new Star Card "Flesh is Weak" gives Grevious protection equallent to additional 180 health

officernickwilde
9 posts Member
edited October 2019
So on the Star Card it says that for every 10% health Grevious is missing, he gains 5% dmg protection (which then stacks), doing some math on this, these 5% dmg protection gains added together grants Grevious another 180 health, which is more than the 150 (or 100 for Anakin) health bonus the BONUS HEALTH Star Card grants other heroes/villains (eg. Vader). Which seems a little unfair by its own... but...

Combine this with the Beating Heart Star Card (Which lets him regen 100 hp upon his by default 250 regeneratable health) and Grevious can regen up to 350 health where he also has a protection worth of 150 health (So in reality this is up to 500 regeneratable health if you count in the protection Flesh is Weak gives him).*

So looking at what you get when you combine these Star Cards, being able to regen 3/4 of his total health if he would escape a battle with next to no health he seems rather op now imo. And a perfect Jedi slayer perhaps (Which obviously, is what he is in the movies/series) if you select SITH TRAINED in the remaining Star Card slot, giving him extra 30 dmg per lightsaber swing (Still weaker than Ani I believe, but quite powerful) you will basically be able to stalk heroes in any mode, dealing them some dmg and retreating if you have to, leaving your enemies with permanent scars while you can happily regenerate up to half of your total health depending on how much permanent dmg you've taken. (700).

I've seen several ppl in CS use this strategy with him where really the only way of stopping him is draining all his health in 1 go, as if he escapes, he will be back in a good shape just a few seconds later ready for a rematch. so please DICE, nerf Flesh is Weak.

This is how I got the numbers 150 and 180:

720*1.05-720+640*1.05-640+560*1.05-560+480*1.05-480+400*1.05-400+320*1.05-320+240*1.05-240+160*1.05-160+80*1.05-80 = 180

1.2*450-450+1.05*400-400+320*1.05-320+240*1.05-240+160*1.05-160+80*1.05-80 = 150

I made some corrections as JediJulius pointed out some of my numbers were wrong, everything should be right now (Credits to him)

* From a reply below:
JediJulius wrote: »
… most lightsaber hits and explosives will skip entire sections of this damage reduction altogether making the total granting almost always less than a hypothetical 180 health.
Post edited by officernickwilde on

Replies

• JediJulius
    743 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Beating Heart was removed/changed as all Heroes now have a HoK built in.

Additionally, the extra health cards for Lando, Chewie, and Vader grant 150 extra health, not 100. This is much closer to the 180 granted for Grievous, and you are also assuming that he hits the damage reduction points in his health equally and exactly, despite the fact that most lightsaber hits and explosives will skip entire sections of this damage reduction altogether making the total granting almost always less than a hypothetical 180 health.

Grievous' default regeneration is only 250, not 350 like you suggest. You are incorrectly blowing up numbers and using ideal situations to make this sound more powerful than it really is. Other extra health cards also grant more than you think. Only Anakin's grants 100 instead of 150, and that's because it used to be 200 which was stupidly OP especially when he was much stronger.
  • Gizmoe
    132 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Cough not strong enuf

Post edited by Gizmoe on
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Beating Heart was removed/changed as all Heroes now have a HoK built in.

Additionally, the extra health cards for Lando, Chewie, and Vader grant 150 extra health, not 100. This is much closer to the 180 granted for Grievous, and you are also assuming that he hits the damage reduction points in his health equally and exactly, despite the fact that most lightsaber hits and explosives will skip entire sections of this damage reduction altogether making the total granting almost always less than a hypothetical 180 health.

Grievous' default regeneration is only 250, not 350 like you suggest. You are incorrectly blowing up numbers and using ideal situations to make this sound more powerful than it really is. Other extra health cards also grant more than you think. Only Anakin's grants 100 instead of 150, and that's because it used to be 200 which was stupidly OP especially when he was much stronger.

Yeah I went back into the game checking this once more, and youre right, its 250 regeneratable health plus the 100 extra health and the BONUS HEALTH star card gives 150 extra hp as well.

I also didn't know some attacks bypass the protection this star card grants him, like you said I just assumed the Star Card affected all types of dmg dealt to Grevious as it doesn't say any exceptions on the Star Card desc.

Still tho, these star cards combined does give a more powerful effect than the corresponding Star Cards for other heroes/villains, and looking in game, Grevious have clearly became a lot more powerful opponent especially in CS & GA lately

I will correct my post from your info <3
  • ive actually been considering that star card... and what it means

if he has been knocked down to and can only regenerate 250hp, and he is then sitting at 250/250 hp
    does that mean he has 0% reduction or is it giving him reduction based on 250 out of his theoretical max health of 800 giving him approximately 35% damage reduction while sitting at 250/250 health.

does anyone know for sure?

• wwkingms wrote: »
    ive actually been considering that star card... and what it means

if he has been knocked down to and can only regenerate 250hp, and he is then sitting at 250/250 hp
    does that mean he has 0% reduction or is it giving him reduction based on 250 out of his theoretical max health of 800 giving him approximately 35% damage reduction while sitting at 250/250 health.

does anyone know for sure?

to clarifiy i guess im asking if the damage reduction is on missing RECOVERABLE health or whatever your health is out of 800