criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Co-Op for Original Trilogy Era

Prev1
Alwe15
1460 posts Member
Title, again.

I love the PT era Co-Op and would want for Co-Op to be brought to OT.

This might also encourage some development on new OT reinforcements.

Replies

• Alwe15 wrote: »
    Title, again.

I love the PT era Co-Op and would want for Co-Op to be brought to OT.

This might also encourage some development on new OT reinforcements.

Yeah! Like imperial sentry droids could be a new enforcer and others too.
  • Yes, needs to happen
  • Palpa
    140 posts Member
    Yup. Do this. And Sequel Era.

theres not enough heroes in the sequel era. Isnt one point that everyone in co-op can be a hero?
  • Y E S
  • theres already and IA cross era mod out, so....
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Completely agree. We need both the OT and ST to be brought to Co-Op. This is such a no-brainer; my assumption is the dev team is already working on them and they'll be our next source of drip-fed content.

I hope you are right. Would be awesome 👍🏼
  • Derelderp
    178 posts Member
    edited October 5
    Agreed. All 3 heroes (finn, phasma, leia) i still need to level in order to get 100% of all achivements done are not includes in the current mode which sucks qq

Thus, +1 for this
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    I really hope adding all the eras and maps is in the works. It would allow an option to play relatively weak heroes like Leia.

Yes indeed! For me, getting some of those harder challenges.
  • Palpa wrote: »

theres not enough heroes in the sequel era. Isnt one point that everyone in co-op can be a hero?

There is on LS.

Han
    Chewwy
    Luke
    Rey
    Finn
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member

Yes. Sequel Era included 👍🏼
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member

• i believe they kept it to PT trilogy for CW season and testing, and afterwards they will implement it
  • SQJACKIE
    1027 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

The problem with Sequel Trilogy is the maps. How do you move on Crait with three thousand bots shooting at you. In CS would be very hard to adapt too
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    Palpa wrote: »

There is on LS. Not on DS...yet.
  • I’d really like confirmation that this is part of their future plans.
  • It's coming OP patience.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    KilroyWH78 wrote: »
    i believe they kept it to PT trilogy for CW season and testing, and afterwards they will implement it

🤞🏼
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    SQJACKIE wrote: »

The problem with Sequel Trilogy is the maps. How do you move on Crait with three thousand bots shooting at you. In CS would be very hard to adapt too

That's a valid point. Crait is a wide open space with tunnels that don't join 🤔

Perhaps not including Crait? What would that leave us with? Jakku and...
  • Co op and Instant Action have totally revived my interest in Battlefront 2 and as someone who generally sucks at Online first person shooters, getting to mow down wave upon wave of AI players with a bunch of human characters who AREN'T trying to kill me has been the most fun I've ever had with the game. The OT and Sequel Trilogy maps and characters definitely need adding to both of these, I really want to play Co op on Hoth, Endor and the Death Star, and I'd personally love to see the smaller OT maps from the first Battlefront game make an appearance here too (Jabba's Palace and Bespin). Would love some Star Fighter options in there too, I know they wouldn't really count when capturing a post, but I really want to take to the skies in a Naboo N1 again.

This.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Co-op and CS both need OT era added in. Hopefully they're planning on doing this after the Clone Wars year is over. In addition to fleshing out instant action, adding more maps to Extraction and Hunt modes, and making a trooper-dedicated version of GA, bringing the OT era to these modes is one of the most important things that needs to be done with this game before support ends.

ST trilogy is lacking in content as much as the movies themselves, all we can do is hope that the last movie will be better at it, amongst other things
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »

They may have to edit the map layout like they did for Kamino.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member

If the tunnels all joined up?

Perhaps. I could even see the normal interior of the map work for a supremacy mode. But only for like 3 command posts.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member

Perhaps. I could even see the normal interior of the map work for a supremacy mode. But only for like 3 command posts.

Yeah. If it was interior only it would be quite a short match though.
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    It's coming OP patience.

Is this for certain?
    It's coming OP patience.

Is this for certain?
    Yes they specifically said on Twitter a while back that they were moving away from Clone Wars content. They also said they would work on the Original Trilogy eras and provide content for the new era for the up in coming film as well.
    “There is always hope.”
  • +1 for OT co-op, it's the most fun I've had with this game. I think it should be one of the main modes from now on.

Btw, wasn't an era select mentioned way back in August? I'm sure I read it somewhere.
  • DJLutherKing
    225 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Yes to OT and ST but first I want them to add more units such as vehicles and the hanger in Kashyyyk as the final phase. As well as make Geonosis more difficult Jedi/Sith battle at the end.
    Post edited by DJLutherKing on
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4025 posts Member
    edited October 8

SKB & Takodana.

As for Crait, run fast! Also use vehicles.

Love OT. Co-op should be for all eras.
    #StarWars-y
  • SQJACKIE
    1027 posts Member
    KilroyWH78 wrote: »

ST trilogy is lacking in content as much as the movies themselves, all we can do is hope that the last movie will be better at it, amongst other things

aNoThEr ***** dEsErT
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    It's coming OP patience.

Is this for certain?
    Yes they specifically said on Twitter a while back that they were moving away from Clone Wars content. They also said they would work on the Original Trilogy eras and provide content for the new era for the up in coming film as well.

Ah yeah, tbf it was mentioned on here too, I think.

Although not specifically for Co-Op. Fingers crossed though🤞🏼
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    Dantooine wrote: »
    +1 for OT co-op, it's the most fun I've had with this game. I think it should be one of the main modes from now on.

Btw, wasn't an era select mentioned way back in August? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

👍🏼

Best mode, hands down.
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member

SKB & Takodana.

Oh yeah. Forgot about those lol
  • Would be awesome hopefully it’s something dice are working on right now and with any luck could be added soon

Honestly kylo and Phasma are enough. I don’t particularly care to play a hero 24/7 and very often seen only two heroes been played at a time in co op especially toward the end. Sometimes in those big conflict areas an enforcer is more fun. I know I’d pick a Wookiee warrior on Felicia any day over any of the other heroes
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    Dennis retweeted this tweet this morning:

1om0klz5obr31.png
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    Palpa wrote: »

Honestly kylo and Phasma are enough. I don’t particularly care to play a hero 24/7 and very often seen only two heroes been played at a time in co op especially toward the end. Sometimes in those big conflict areas an enforcer is more fun. I know I’d pick a Wookiee warrior on Felicia any day over any of the other heroes

Absolutely. I rarely pick a Hero unless we're about to lose. Don't necessarily need all four at the same time!
  • It's coming OP patience.

Not to be that guy but - You have a source for that?
  • Alwe15
    1460 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    It's coming OP patience.

Not to be that guy but - You have a source for that?

I think it was a tweet or something about moving on from CW. Not specifically about Co-Op.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Dennis retweeted this tweet this morning:

1om0klz5obr31.png

Nice to see him communicate something that doesn't have clone wars in it.

There is on LS.

Han
    Chewwy
    Luke
    Rey
    Finn

+Lando!!

DS
    Kylo
    Phasma

Iden? I can't remember been a while since era points/lock
    Bossk He can be thrown in anywhere and often is.