criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Heroes vs Villains, forced rotating between characters every death

Will19531
30 posts Member
edited October 2019
EA I see what you guys are trying to do with Heroes vs Villains allowing people to have a chance to play a hero someone else started the game with by making them pick a new hero when they die. However, it has snowballed past the point of being helpful or fun. The last game I played I was double teamed by two heroes and died within the first 60 seconds of the game. I immediately was told I can’t play the hero I chose anymore, 60 seconds into the game. Someone else stole my hero before the next time I died. This is extremely frustrating, I eventually got to be my original hero 5 mins later after having to play musical chairs between two heroes. I think you guys have honestly ruined HvV. The last game I got so fed up that here I am in first place on my team and I’m running to the boundaries to kill myself every other death. Not only was I not helping my team but I probably killed myself 8 times throughout the match. Please put it back to the original amount of rotating you are required to do, whatever you guys changed it to is no longer fun and I can no longer play my favorite game mode. If anyone reading this agrees I would appreciate your input
Post edited by Will19531 on

Replies

• Gizmoe
    132 posts Member
    Forced events,
    forced to swap heroes, it’s okay. If you get a hero you don’t like just kill yourself. (Respawn)

This is like a Reich.
  • I actually do this sometimes but it takes a life away from your team and wastes time leaving your team to fend for itself 3 vs 4
  • Will19531
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The amount of rotating the used to make you do was bearable
  • Gizmoe wrote: »
    Forced events,
    forced to swap heroes, it’s okay. If you get a hero you don’t like just kill yourself. (Respawn)

This is like a Reich.

I’ve actually also had it not let me and respawns me as the hero I don’t want. Has this never happened to you?

• Gizmoe
    132 posts Member
    Will19531 wrote: »
    Gizmoe wrote: »
    Forced events,

This is like a Reich.

I’ve actually also had it not let me and respawns me as the hero I don’t want. Has this never happened to you?

Just about every game where I die, it happens.
  • Not sure I follow. I've been playing HvV for last 2 hours and kept same character?
  • SASLoner wrote: »
    Not sure I follow. I've been playing HvV for last 2 hours and kept same character?

It depends on how often you die, if you are doing well you rarely have to switch. But like I said I died once in the beginning of the match and had to switch after just 1 death
  • SASLoner wrote: »
    Not sure I follow. I've been playing HvV for last 2 hours and kept same character?

Also if you are trying to learn a new hero you really have no chance as every other death you are forced to switch. How often were you dying?

• Don’t go back to the character select screen after you die - just wait and you’ll respawn as the hero you were
  • Also if you are trying to learn a new hero you really have no chance as every other death you are forced to switch. How often were you dying?

I don't die much actually.

• OcDoc
    2093 posts Member
    I haven’t played HvV since the new update. Are you saying the respawn timer went away after you die? Can you not just die and wait out the timer and automatically be the same character?

If it is only when you hit the change character button... well, that seems like it is really just a matter of people being upset they can’t bypass the respawn timer.
  • Will19531
    30 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I actually haven’t tried just waiting but that would take awhile. Recently when I’ve been playing I didn’t have the problem of being forced to switch heroes as much. I’m not sure if I was some part of test or if they changed it. Recently I’ve been the same hero all game