criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Will I ever learn not to play with randoms in HvV?

I do it all the time.. Got some time so I'll do some HvV, no friends on, no problem...

And then it starts... The guy that bails after 30 secs.. The guy that doesn't move and leaves after 5 mins. The guy that runs off on his own...
If the moons align and you get a decent team, you know you'll be in matchmaking hell when it splits you up soon after.

Just make HvV a pre-made only game so it can be enjoyed...
My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif

Replies

• Psy3d
    863 posts Member
    Be better and have zero expectations from randoms. Don't do pleb mistakes like going against 3/4 enemies all by yourself, run if you have to. Stick with your team(find them even if they don't) and be the guardian of your blaster team mates. Pretty much do what you expect from the randoms...even if your own team will bait you to get or steal your kills at the end.

I never play in a party and many times with randoms have very good results.
  • Early in the morning and very late at night are the best times to play HvV solo. Far less premades
  • Yeah. I have no friends so I play with randoms all the time.
    Yeah I'm so sad
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • I do it all the time.. Got some time so I'll do some HvV, no friends on, no problem...

And then it starts... The guy that bails after 30 secs.. The guy that doesn't move and leaves after 5 mins. The guy that runs off on his own...
    If the moons align and you get a decent team, you know you'll be in matchmaking hell when it splits you up soon after.

That's a big Roger Roger!

It's so rare to have a fun randoms match at this point.
  • Yeah, I find it to be a mixed bag of competent and incompetent players.
  • I use HvV as practice mode. I try not to get mad at bad teammates, but i always do. I try to ease my mind by using it as a test arena for card combos
  • When I play Captain Phasma my team runs away, when the other team does it they stick together.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Be better and have zero expectations from randoms. Don't do pleb mistakes like going against 3/4 enemies all by yourself, run if you have to. Stick with your team(find them even if they don't) and be the guardian of your blaster team mates. Pretty much do what you expect from the randoms...even if your own team will bait you to get or steal your kills at the end.

I clearly have zero expectations from randoms and know how to play and what to do in HvV... Yes you can have a good result with randoms but the pairing with muppets is a more frequent occurrence.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif

• You win some and you lose some, we’ve all been there lol matchmaking in this game is atrocious
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • I thought you have been playing this game quite a lot and know how randoms play. I play only with randoms and it is fun and usually I choose my hero ramdomly, unless I know team will be bad, because you will never know is your team good or bad, how many quitters there will be and so on.
  • Playing randoms last night on Bespin while I waited for my friend to get off work. All 3 teammates immediately all ran off in separate directions haha. I just shook my head and respawned as Maul, then camped on the catwalks and got cheap off the map kills as much as I could. Still got stomped because the LS was an obvious premade who stuck together like glue for the whole game.
  • I have never played HvV any other way. Playing with randoms can be both fun and incredibly frustrating, especially when you go up against a premade group. But sometimes... you get those magical matches where the two teams are on an equal skill level and you just barely win and it’s from skill , not saber gang banes.

Besides, I don’t go in expecting to win most matches. I go in to have fun.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I predict that you won’t learn. Enjoy the frustration.
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    If you're going to make it a pre-made only mode, please do it just for console.

Have good results...except when vs'ing me hehe :P
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Yeah. I have no friends so I play with randoms all the time.
    Yeah I'm so sad

It's probably sadder to actually have a bunch of players you team up with to play HvV haha
  • I'd rather there be no pre-mades. All a bunch of stick together and emoting annoying people they all are. Couldn't do well alone to save themselves and I'm pretty sure I've hardly ever seen most of the pre-mades do well in GA at all. Most of them are a joke.
  • Psy3d
    863 posts Member
    the pairing with muppets is a more frequent occurrence.

That's a given if you're like me who always play alone...pretty much for any online MP game (CoD is even worse). I allocate for like 4 HvV or HS matches for the day when I'll play this game...sometime lose all 4 and sometime nuke the opposition with some randoms.

Still don't know how you are buddy so dunno ;)

the pairing with muppets is a more frequent occurrence.

That's a given if you're like me who always play alone...pretty much for any online MP game (CoD is even worse). I allocate for like 4 HvV or HS matches for the day when I'll play this game...sometime lose all 4 and sometime nuke the opposition with some randoms.

Still don't know how you are buddy so dunno ;)

How many times I got to tell you. I'm the all time greatest. That should be enough to tell you who I am. You and the rest of the Australian server all belong to me, and any gameplay you or anyone else is lucky enough to enjoy is because I was too busy killing someone else at the time.
  • Psy3d
    863 posts Member
    ....I'm the all time greatest....You and the rest of the Australian server...

Damn stop dropping truth bombs...it hurts us old timer casuals. I'll keep my working eye out for you ;)
    ....I'm the all time greatest....You and the rest of the Australian server...

Damn stop dropping truth bombs...it hurts us old timer casuals. I'll keep my working eye out for you ;)

Hell of a game on naboo just now :P
  • Psy3d
    863 posts Member
    edited October 7
    Ohh ur the fudge cake guy? Well can't do much with 1 afk and 1 one stationary bossk for a team. Think the glitchin Obi was getting me before any of the other LS did ;)

Edit...I think I did have a round of comfy GA ad bossk...in naboo. :D

Ohh ur the fudge cake guy? Well can't do much with 1 afk and 1 one stationary bossk for a team. Think the glitchin Obi was getting me before any of the other LS did ;)

Nope, not the fudge cake guy. No idea who that is haha. I was on DS team.

Felt like overtime was going to go forever haha.
  • This is what happens when you have total strangers with no communication playing a mode where teamwork is essential.

It's a flawed mode.
  • 20% of the problems would go away if the devs would time the afk'ers out after 45 seconds instead of the usual 17.5 frigging hours!
  • tts42572
    1143 posts Member
    Many people are just playing this mode to level heroes so they can then go own hapless infantry in Ga & CS.

People don't really care about winning....I know I don't. Isn't like there are stats or win/loss records. I just play with whatever hero I feel like and mess around. Yeah, I generally try to stick together but it gets boring playing that way every match.

It's way more satisfying running off and taking on the other team 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 and trying to take them out than running in a pack of 4 an overpowering the other team all match......even if I know my team will lose.

Again....it isn't like it matters. That's how EA has created this game. Winning/losing isn't important.
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    Many people are just playing this mode to level heroes so they can then go own hapless infantry in Ga & CS.

People don't really care about winning....I know I don't. Isn't like there are stats or win/loss records. I just play with whatever hero I feel like and mess around. Yeah, I generally try to stick together but it gets boring playing that way every match.

It's way more satisfying running off and taking on the other team 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 and trying to take them out than running in a pack of 4 an overpowering the other team all match......even if I know my team will lose.

Again....it isn't like it matters. That's how EA has created this game. Winning/losing isn't important.

Pretty much all I play is HvV. CS and GA are sheet shows and have been ruined by the devs. I play to win, not level up.
  • This is what happens when you have total strangers with no communication playing a mode where teamwork is essential.

It's a flawed mode.

This so much. Without at least a few troopers running around like in 2015BF, it really blows chunks.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    None of my friends play BF2 so I’m pretty much stuck playing solo. I try not to rage when my teams go alone to die but I usually fail.
    I just wish they added voice communication to at least HvV and HS.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    None of my friends play BF2 so I’m pretty much stuck playing solo. I try not to rage when my teams go alone to die but I usually fail.

I feel your pain there. I have 3 friends who play regularly and one is hanging by a thread
  • anidriX wrote: »

I’m with ya on that one man. I’ve got a few but it’s a skeleton crew.
  • OcDoc
    1943 posts Member
    I don’t mind playing with randoms. It keeps things interesting and feels better when we win against a good set of pre-mades.

If your team kinda stinks... Hopefully you can find one dude on your team worth working with to get a little bit of a snowball effect going. A lot of times, once you get a little string of kills a third player will sort it out that they need to stay close to you and sometimes you can mount a comeback. Not saying always, but it seems to work most of the time.

And after a couple games things get reshuffled anyway so it isn’t like I am stuck in a bad situation for a long time.

Here is when things go bad for me... when I am having an off day (usually low on sleep) and not playing my best and I happen to get matched up consecutively against good teams (while on bad teams). Sometimes, I just don’t have it in me to win the match FOR my team and my patience is running low. OP’s post reminds me of those days. But those days are fairly rare for me overall.
  • DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 7
    If you are a skilled or competent player, I see absolutely no reason you're playing alone with pubscrubs. At the very least hit up a 'looking for group'

Encountering even an average to mildly competent team is almost an immediate L. Even if it isn't a personal K/D or score L, it will likely be a game L.

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• If you are a skilled or competent player, I see absolutely no reason you're playing alone with pubscrubs. At the very least hit up a 'looking for group'

You shouldn’t have to.
  • If you are a skilled or competent player, I see absolutely no reason you're playing alone with pubscrubs. At the very least hit up a 'looking for group'

You shouldn’t have to.

Why though?

I'd agree if there was a solo queue/ranked or group queue

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• tts42572 wrote: »

DICE could fix that mindset by leveling down the rank of characters who lose (until a minimum of 40). That way, the rank would truly mean something.
  • I do it all the time.. Got some time so I'll do some HvV, no friends on, no problem...

Its not our fault when your friends are not online to play with you.

• hosco33 wrote: »
    tts42572 wrote: »

DICE could fix that mindset by leveling down the rank of characters who lose (until a minimum of 40). That way, the rank would truly mean something.

This would be an awesome idea. Could work like Halo 3's old rank system, but it'll never happen unfortunately

The Hero With No Fear.

• Kind of irony that the first solo queue I did in quite a while, gave me 3 blueberries that helped me in 35 and 0'ing the enemy team LOL

I could only assume it was a 3-man and, plot twist, I was the blueberry

The Hero With No Fear.

• LafenChuck wrote: »
    I do it all the time.. Got some time so I'll do some HvV, no friends on, no problem...

Its not our fault when your friends are not online to play with you.

Think you kinda missed the point. Not to worry though. lol

giphy.gif

• Maybe the devs should add a "HINT: Stick with your teammates - Especially Finn and Phasma - and don't rush the enemy by yourself! " to the loading screen just to remind casual players.

I mean, its not rocket science, but the amount of time you see just dumb play...

Totally agree on booting AFKs earlier. There should also be some sort of general health or damage buff to the smaller side if you're playing 3v4 due to AFKs / dropouts to keep it vaguely competitive.