criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Reduce Iden’s Alt. fire damage.

Prev1
She does 150 damage with each blast of secondary fire to enemies standing close by. This is too much since it can be done every 2.3 seconds. She is a cheap character and by ‘cheap’, I mean she is really easy to use. Her blaster damage per second is excellent and Stun Droid and Droid Shield are also good abilities. Han’s Detonite Charge does 200 damage to enemies standing close by and yet it has a cool down of what 15 seconds? Nerf Iden. She’s a cheap character.

Replies

• Only if the rate of fire is increased
  • Nah her alt fire is fine. Shes already a free kill. Alt fire is the best thing she has going for her and would be terrible if it got nerfed.

She is not a free kill and Alt. Fire is too powerful, since it can do 150 damage every 2.3 seconds. 100 - 120 damage would be ok or else keep the 150 damage but allow her to use it every 5 seconds or so.
  • You know, talking about balance there are many different ways to do it, directly or indirectly. You can nerf directly said character, you can buff his natural counters that have trouble expressing themselves because of their own predators in front, you can buff players who have issues against said character, you can rework said character keeping him at the same level roughly but with a playstyle that poses less problem to those you are playing.
    So i think it's much more of a discussion than what you've proposed here.
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »
    Nah her alt fire is fine. Shes already a free kill. Alt fire is the best thing she has going for her and would be terrible if it got nerfed.

She is not a free kill and Alt. Fire is too powerful, since it can do 150 damage every 2.3 seconds. 100 - 120 damage would be ok or else keep the 150 damage but allow her to use it every 5 seconds or so.

She's a free kill.
    Every blaster is free kill. She is the least free kill out of all of them besides Phasma

PSN: this_old_mouse
    She does 150 damage with each blast of secondary fire to enemies standing close by. This is too much since it can be done every 2.3 seconds. She is a cheap character and by ‘cheap’, I mean she is really easy to use. Her blaster damage per second is excellent and Stun Droid and Droid Shield are also good abilities. Han’s Detonite Charge does 200 damage to enemies standing close by and yet it has a cool down of what 15 seconds? Nerf Iden. She’s a cheap character.

No
  • CC_1010
    2557 posts Member
    BlueBox5 wrote: »
    Nah her alt fire is fine. Shes already a free kill. Alt fire is the best thing she has going for her and would be terrible if it got nerfed.

She's a free kill.
    Every blaster is free kill. She is the least free kill out of all of them besides Phasma and Boba

• CC_1010 wrote: »

She's a free kill.
    Every blaster is free kill. She is the least free kill out of all of them besides Phasma and Boba
    I don’t even classify him as a blaster. He’s a jetpack hero.
  • She just got nerfed so no
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • They already nerfed the fire rate on it. Damage is fine.
  • They already nerfed the fire rate on it. Damage is fine.
    They nerfed it by three tenths of a second. Big deal
  • It’s the only thing keeping her relevant
  • Psy3d
    883 posts Member
    Iden can destroy Yoda with alt fire...she's a walking mortar. A party of well coordinated Iden and phasma can cut through most randoms in HvV with ease...given that some braindead is hogging Ani.

The only time she isn't a free kill is IF she is being controlled by a very good player, or IF you are just bantha poodoo out of luck and stuck on a terrible team.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • No, she fine
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Iden is a free kill, lol.

Sabers are too oppressive towards blaster at the moment for her to matter.
  • IMO her alt fire needs to be increased to stand a chance against sabrelords. I used to kill my share of heroes with her now it seems like she does no damage at all!
  • DXlolman
    887 posts Member
    edited October 7

@BlueBox5 your conviction is underwhelmingly wrong.

150 every 2.3 seconds
    That’s 65.2 DPS
    But including the charge up its way below 50 dps. And it’s only useful against sabers who can just jump avoid her alt fire so it’s not Guaranteed In 50 DPS.

Her primary fire does 20-36 per bolt and she fires 12 bolts rounded up per second.
    That’s 240-432 DPS practically more useful than her secondary fire.

Han can inflict way more with his sharpshooter ability killing anyone right under 800 hp in less than a second and one more shot after that for those at 800.

So she is just fine the way she is.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Nah her alt fire is fine. Shes already a free kill. Alt fire is the best thing she has going for her and would be terrible if it got nerfed.

Can't agree with this more. She's easily a free kill against saber heroes and if you have infantry with a blaster that does splash damage, she can be taken out really easily. Her pulse cannon seems to have a significant damage dropoff at distance, along with the fact that it takes time to charge and shoot, and she doesn't have a particularly powerful blaster or other abilities that do significant damage so her alt fire doesn't need to be nerfed. She's not like Bossk who has abilities that can get kills and melt infantry without needing to be near the objective. Iden is more of a support hero and needs to have an advantage to be effective. Without a powerful blaster and without secondary abilities like Han, Chewie, Lando, or Han that can really deal damage to infantry without long charges, her alt fire is fine.

Can't agree with this more. She's easily a free kill against saber heroes and if you have infantry with a blaster that does splash damage, she can be taken out really easily. Her pulse cannon seems to have a significant damage dropoff at distance, along with the fact that it takes time to charge and shoot, and she doesn't have a particularly powerful blaster or other abilities that do significant damage so her alt fire doesn't need to be nerfed. She's not like Bossk who has abilities that can get kills and melt infantry without needing to be near the objective. Iden is more of a support hero and needs to have an advantage to be effective. Without a powerful blaster and without secondary abilities like Han, Chewie, Lando, or Han that can really deal damage to infantry without long charges, her alt fire is fine.

Idens pulse doesn't have damage drop off. Also its really fast to shoot. The charge up is how long you have left before it auto fires.

Idens pulse doesn't have damage drop off. Also its really fast to shoot. The charge up is how long you have left before it auto fires.

There's definitely a damage dropoff. Using it in the interior of Crait vs the first two phases of Starkiller Base at distance, the same shots get OHKs vs needing multiple shots to take down infantry. Closer up, body shots are a OHK but at distance, no.
  • Enzyoo
    263 posts Member
    What's wrong with her?

Take that away from her and what does she have? A bubble which doesn't protect from lightsabers, a simple stun and a sniper which literally nobody uses.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif

There's definitely a damage dropoff. Using it in the interior of Crait vs the first two phases of Starkiller Base at distance, the same shots get OHKs vs needing multiple shots to take down infantry. Closer up, body shots are a OHK but at distance, no.

Really? I one shot troopers on crait and geonosis. Am i missing something?
  • Actually laughing out loud at the idea of any blaster hero needing a nerf, let alone Iden "jack of all trades" Versio. O-oh no, she does as much damage after a significant charge-up and at close range as nearly every saber hero can do whenever they damn well please and at greater range.

The only possible reason I can think to nerf Iden is if we're finally giving up the pretense of blaster heroes being in the same class as saber heroes and bringing them all down to the level of the most busted-***** gunslinging losers, Leia and Lando.
  • CC_1010
    2557 posts Member
    While I hate Idens stun and her alternate fire, it’s the only thing going for her. Teams need to adjust if they want to defeat a protected Iden. How often did I hammer:”don’t ignore the blaster heroes you fools!” Into the chat lol.
    Randommates just don’t like to think. It’s not natural for them.
    I would deal with the shooters myself if my aim wasn’t that horrible.

When Iden is a cheap hero what are all the saber heroes then?
  • MC_XIX
    2086 posts Member
    No thanks. Secondary Fire is her greatest weapon, and it has just received a small nerf.

If it was nerfed, her pulse cannon would need a buff / rework (it kinda does anyway).

Really? I one shot troopers on crait and geonosis. Am i missing something?

I got her recently on Crait in the first phase and the pulse cannon was taking two or three shots to take out infantry at distance, not counting headshots. But moving into the final phase, the area where the FO moves into the part of the base where the shield generators are, the spot right when you enter and the Resistance has cover by the large container in the middle of the path, the pulse cannon from that range was a OHK even on body shots. It feels like there's a damage dropoff between 100-200 meters but at closer ranges, it'll still one-shot infantry.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    No thanks. Secondary Fire is her greatest weapon, and it has just received a small nerf.

If it was nerfed, her pulse cannon would need a buff / rework (it kinda does anyway).

Her Pulse Canon wastes full hp heroes with 3 headshots, and its unblockable. The only thing i would tweak about it is the magnification. It should have a smaller and a bigger magnification option.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• After the latest update her stun droid now hardly ever works, her shield and sniper are largely useless in HvV, and her rate of fire has been nerfed.

She gets stuck to a lightsaber and she's womped in less than a second.

What on earth are you afraid of her for?

She's a free kill.
    For... Lando?

For... Leia?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I want Alt Fire nerfed, Bossk mines nerfed, Boba barrage nerfed, and generally all this explosive garbage reduced in favor of an overall blaster bolt velocity buff akin to BF2015, a small damage buff, and longer range increase for all blaster heroes

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• MC_XIX wrote: »

@MC_XIX
    You really do defend every single DS character. Did you ever see my request for you to stream?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • The_Rookie wrote: »

She's a free kill.
    For... Lando?

For... Leia?

Oh well everyone but them.
  • The_Rookie wrote: »

She's a free kill.
    For... Lando?

For... Leia?

Oh well everyone but them.
    And Finn
    And Han (shield)
    And Rey
    And chewy if you use the shield well

• Clone201
    3970 posts Member

The Pulse Cannon actually does more damage the further away the targets are, rather than closer. Also zooming in on it increases bolt damage by 80%.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • MC_XIX
    2086 posts Member
    The_Rookie wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

@MC_XIX
    You really do defend every single DS character. Did you ever see my request for you to stream?

I defend any character that I think is in a good spot. What do I need to stream for?

If we do this you realize we have to reduce the standard heavy secondary fire damage too as the standard tl50 has the EXACT same damage as Iden's. Iden's has more aoe and quicker charge with less sloppy aim though and a card or two for it,
    Tactical, competitive 4v4 saber wielding, block holding,dashing only;God!
    When I'm not competition asf in PUGS then i'm being a trooper only gamer; because non-troopers are for fluoride toothpaste using, vaccinated neeewwwbs! I only drink the coldest of non-regular Mountain dew. Someone pass me a cold code red.

If we do this you realize we have to reduce the standard heavy secondary fire damage too as the standard tl50 has the EXACT same damage as Iden's. Iden's has more aoe and quicker charge with less sloppy aim though and a card or two for it,
    Iden’s secondary does 150 and the heavy does 100.

Nope, they do literally the exact same damage , go test it. Heavy can one shot too it just must be a direct impact.
    When I'm not competition asf in PUGS then i'm being a trooper only gamer; because non-troopers are for fluoride toothpaste using, vaccinated neeewwwbs! I only drink the coldest of non-regular Mountain dew. Someone pass me a cold code red.

Nope, they do literally the exact same damage , go test it. Heavy can one shot too it just must be a direct impact.
    No, how about you test it on real players instead of AI. AI take bonus explosive damage, bet you didn’t know that
  • Clone201 wrote: »

The Pulse Cannon actually does more damage the further away the targets are, rather than closer. Also zooming in on it increases bolt damage by 80%.

Whenever I use it, I always zoom and charge it and tested it on Crait because that's the map most conducive to sniper play, and there was a clear damage dropoff. Headshots, there's no difference but one round, I tried to land body shots and there's definitely a dropoff between sniping from distance and charging vs shooting from closer range doing the same.
  • Oidmetala wrote: »

When Iden is a cheap hero what are all the saber heroes then?

This. When you can literally run up to anyone and just press RT while the game auto homes in on enemies, who is really the cheap hero?

No, how about you test it on real players instead of AI. AI take bonus explosive damage, bet you didn’t know that

I do know that, now how about you go try it on an actual player.

Unless it’s been stealth patched in the last 3 months or so, it’s 100 damage. I’m more than certain it was at 100, never 150.

Unless it’s been stealth patched in the last 3 months or so, it’s 100 damage. I’m more than certain it was at 100, never 150.

Ill have to recheck idk anymore either.

Not even close. She doesn't need a nerf at all and her alt fire is great for spam blockers in HvV. Hit her with Kenobi and Rey's mind trick and she's done for. Any saber hero gets in too close, she's done for. Her ease of use means nothing when she can be easily outplayed. I've spent enough time with her to know that she's a glass canon like Han. Not to mention Han's charge (shoulder and detonite) can render Iden's shield useless as she still gets hit with it. Han's blaster out damages Iden's blaster. I know this having gone toe to toe with her as Han and vice versa. Any saber goes through her shield too. Her stun droid doesn't work as consistently as Lando's disabler or Chewie's shock trap either. She's fine as is.