criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Star Wars Resistance Season 2

lowell
1953 posts Member
edited October 2019
I just watched the Season 2 premiere today and it was cool that there wasn't a major time skip since we're still picking up from TFA/Season 1 and now we're probably between the ending of TFA and the beginning of TLJ, when the Resistance is packing up and evacuating from D'Qar.

Looking forward to the next few episodes hitting against the TLJ timeline and moving beyond it. This season is apparently 19 episodes:

It was pretty funny to see MB-13A back again, basically he's like the Phasma of this show (alluding to how Rian Johnson said Phasma was the Kenny from South Park of the ST films). It was also great to find out Neeku got them almost near D'Qar by 3 parsecs so we shouldn't underestimate him with his navigation skills. The tavern got kind of wild with the zero-gravity but they're still celebrating the escape so that's a pass.

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3917 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Just about to watch the episode now!
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Watched episode 2 today and finally glad we're in the TLJ timeline now. Can't wait to see what happens next and if Pyre does get to be promoted to Phasma's position or not.
    Interesting to see Jace return in the episode after being carried away by the First Order in the last season. I actually did predict he would turn to the First Order but saw that capture as him being like others that were previously captured. I'm guessing he was either conditioned into being a pilot after capture or was recruited by them but we didn't see it happen.

I am more curious about the allegiance of Kaz's family, First Order or New Republic/Resistance or now independent and awesome to see Kaz's father/NR senator being fully visible on screen now.

Didn't realize coaxium still existed in the destruction of vessels since it would explode on impact but it's odd we didn't see any of the bodies of the crew of the Fulminatrix like Captain Canady lying around, maybe they just disintegrated or something?

Really cool dogfight between the Aces and the TIEs in space while Kaz, Synara, Neeku, and Kragan's Warbird pirates salvage the coaxium for the Colossus. This could be a good map for the game to replace the current D'Qar map or be an additional map.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Do you honestly enjoy this show? I mean look at It's YouTube reception. Not very popular amongst fans.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    David1543 wrote: »
    Do you honestly enjoy this show? I mean look at It's YouTube reception. Not very popular amongst fans.

The creators are ending the show on their own terms since they're tying the three ST films together through this final season. Wouldn't be surprised if things from the show appear in TROS like how elements of Rebels showed up in Rogue One.

r7mkyvfqdgg31.jpg

It was in production around TLJ wrapping up physical production but before JJ Abrams came back for TROS.

Plus, Season 1 will be up on Disney+ for those who haven't had a chance to watch it, maybe you should try it because it moves kind of faster in the second half of the season to get ready for TROS.

Also, check out this speculation for TROS based on what Sheev did last year on the final episodes of Rebels (also voiced by Ian McDiarmid himself):
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    *Observes with amusement*

Oh, I have to finish watching season one. Made it to about the episode when a bunch of pirates hit the base during a storm or something. My mate doesn't want to watch it; they hate it. Watching Star Wars stuff alone doesn't bother me, but it's just kinda not the same. We used to watch the Clone Wars & Rebels together, so...

;-; *When Star Wars makes you grow apart, sad days*

But if season 2 of Resistance is out now all the more reason to binge the first season to completion and get it out of the way...
    Wknuto!
  • I didn’t know it tied into The Rise Of Skywalker? Does anyone know if it serves as lead up to TROS or if it’ll have a sort of coda to the Skywalker Saga (though it’s probably too early to tell)?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I didn’t know it tied into The Rise Of Skywalker? Does anyone know if it serves as lead up to TROS or if it’ll have a sort of coda to the Skywalker Saga (though it’s probably too early to tell)?

They basically had some brief insider knowledge about how TROS is going to go down but basically as far as I can tell, what's being done with Journey to TROS and Galaxy's Edge publishing programs, Galaxy's Edge's park story (along with Smuggler's Run and ROTR), and this show will likely collide once the events of TROS begins.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-star-wars-resistances-final-season-builds-up-to-the-1838632003

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-star-wars-resistance-is-ending-before-the-rise/1100-6470187/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_source=reddit.com

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-final-season-interview
    Post edited by lowell on
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    *Observes with amusement*

Oh, I have to finish watching season one. Made it to about the episode when a bunch of pirates hit the base during a storm or something. My mate doesn't want to watch it; they hate it. Watching Star Wars stuff alone doesn't bother me, but it's just kinda not the same. We used to watch the Clone Wars & Rebels together, so...

;-; *When Star Wars makes you grow apart, sad days*

But if season 2 of Resistance is out now all the more reason to binge the first season to completion and get it out of the way...

Pairs pretty well with the last arc of the Poe comic series from Marvel, which takes place post-TLJ but recaps both films from different points of views and talks about what Black Squadron did during the timeline of TLJ (Snap, Jess Pava, Karé, Suralinda).
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Well, we're finally getting somewhere with the Colossus and it was interesting to see both them and the First Order have similar tasks at the same time.
    Interesting that Doza is asking Yeager is prepping the Aces (including Kaz) to fight the First Order as quick as possible. I think we could very well see them in TROS providing backup for the Resistance in a space battle with the Colossus on the same screen like the Ghost and the Hammerhead Corvettes were in the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

The First Order has a different view of how a squadron works: survival of the fittest, every pilot fending for themselves to complete the mission makes the TIE corps stronger once the weak dies. Guessing Tam might have second thoughts on joining them as the season keeps going.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Been looking forward to this for a while and just checked out episode 1 last night, can't wait to catch up on 2nd and 3rd episodes. Really under rated series imo
  • bfloo
    16631 posts Member
    Hope you all like it, I never made it through the 1st episode of season 1, the kid annoyed me more than Ezra did.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1953 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Hope you all like it, I never made it through the 1st episode of season 1, the kid annoyed me more than Ezra did.

Definitely gets more intense and darker once Season 1 gets into TFA timeline territory with Poe and BB-8 out of the window and the last episodes of Season 1 and Season 2 is an upgrade from the first half of Season 1, from my look.
  • bfloo wrote: »

To each their own, it's understandable that not everyone is going to enjoy the series. Personally I've liked each of them, though Clone Wars will always be my favorite.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Thoughts on episodes 4-6:
    Hunt on Celsor 3 was okay and does show more of what is needed for a large group of people on a space station on the run to survive.

The Engineer is interesting and Neena's ideology kind of aligns with the FO's Survival of the Fittest motto. It's odd they sent in an Nikto alien instead of a human to infiltrate and sabotage the Colossus. Perhaps, they thought the residents of the station would find closeness with aliens more than humans because most of the platform's demographics are non-humans.

From Beneath wasn't the route I wanted them to go but it's a must for them since Flix would get them free fuel from his family. Also, pretty cool to see that after Flix and Okra were confirmed to be a couple, they are actually portrayed exactly that in the show. It does remind me of the Sabine episodes in Rebels Season 3 where she repaired her relationship with her family, which gave the Alliance more allies in return. This might be what the Colossus needs to do later in the season to help Leia rebuild the Resistance for TROS: gather more allies across the galaxy.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Resistance Season 2 is expected to keep airing through TROS and past it in December so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the series finale air in January or February than March, if there's going to be no breaks at all.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsResistance/comments/dtk3tn/december_episodes/
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episodes 7-9 thoughts:
    The Relic Raiders is what I feel will relate to being the most importance tie-in episode so far to TROS. The Tehar Twins that are Force-sensitive and escape from Kylo's wrath managed to uncover a Sith Temple that was recently raised under a Jedi Temple that was built over it. Mika Grey is the equivalent of Maz Kanata for this series and is capable of foiling Kylo's new plans for the FO, considering he sent his Raiders (could be a FO reinforcement for this game, maybe show up in TROS, need to see more of their actions in the show before making further judgement) to go after these Jedi/Sith articfacts.

Rendezvous Point was a good episode despite not getting somewhat a proper conclusion to the story at the end of it. I do think Venisa will eventually get Leia's message from TLJ and join the Colossus and reunite with Torra and the Captain again and help them gather up more allies and then rejoin with the rest of the Resistance. That is what is seem to be setting up. With Tam, I think Venisa's message got through to her what Kaz and Yeager wanted to say overall but Jace is in the way and I don't think she'll escape the FO without his help or him alerting Tierney or Pyre (wherever he is, haven't seen him in this episode).

The Voxx Vortex 5000 is ok but had more of the Freemaker Adventures vibe (if you watched that or the other LEGO Star Wars shows). It does call back to the original premise the show was aiming for in the first trailer of Season 1 and so far does show a greater development of how Ace Squadron working together (especially if they're going to provide support for the main Resistance fleet in the final battle in TROS).

I think since we got 10 episodes left (still feel like it's going to air through the final weeks of the year, pass the end of the Mandalorian Seaason 1, up until the first week of February before TCW Season 7 comes ) and at least 2 and a half weeks before TROS comes out, the next few episodes are going to have to step it up with bringing the stories closer to the main saga, especially with the First Order-Resistance War evolving in TROS, since we're getting more survival, filler-like stories in some of these episodes and not much "War" battles or reunification with the main Resistance command. I'm going to read the Journey to TROS and some of the Galaxy's Edge books and comics and check out the Rise of the Resistance ride videos online to get ready and also feel that watching this show moving ahead so far doesn't make me feel the need to rewatch TFA and TLJ in a way so I'm just going to do that before catching TROS in theaters later this month.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episode 10 thoughts:
    Kaz's Curse is probably the last filler episode I think we're getting now as we are days away from TROS. We get more of that TFA revisit when the Guavian Death Gang and their starfighters make an appearance due to the Colossus traveling to their territory to make another hyperspace jump. The whole curse stuff is not needed in this series but it does make Kaz remind me of Luke when he was in his X-Wing in the trench run in the Battle of Yavin.

All the recent episodes (including this) since episode 2 have just made me more anxious for next week's episode, which features Kaz and Neeku on a Star Destroyer as disguised radar technicians and ends up being the same ship Tam and General Hux are both on so can't wait for it.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Just saw Episode 11 but just wanted to get this out of the way:
    This episode wasn't a lot, especially to tie-in with TROS. There was talk of the Supreme Leader (it's Kylo at this point since I think we're past the TLJ timeline) wondering about how refueling stations are needed in the FO and relating it to the pursuit of the Colossus between Pyre and Hux in this one.

Kaz and Neeku were mostly just already done some work ahead on their current assignment: scavenging a part from a FO refueling station for the Colossus. Tam and Jace were on a supply run where Kaz and Neeku and Pyre and Hux were.

Jace and Tam each in their own separate occasions spotted Kaz and Neeku, Jace interacted with and reported them and was really just acting in a snooty way towards his old home. Tam, despite not interacting with Kaz and Neeku, helped them escape the station.

Pyre and Hux discovered Kaz and Neeku escaping and managed to lose them. Hux then shouted at Pyre after they escape and demanded the Colossus be destroyed, there's a lot of callback to the way he did the Republic speech in TFA and Resistance Season 1. Pyre contacted Tierny about how Tam and Jace at least discovered Kaz and Neeku infiltrating the station and decided it's time to escalate the measures to use Tam to help them destroy the Colossus once and for all.

We got 8 episodes left in the series and apparently, it's going to air straight through TROS's release and the end of the Mandalorian all the way to February before TCW Season 7 arrives.

This episode is someway like the mid-season finale of Season 2 despite the airing schedule is just going to go quick and dump them out week by week without a winter break like Season 1 was or how Rebels was.

If any watchers felt kind out of tired getting through the last few episodes, this is the episode to bring you back into the show before watching TROS.

There are 2 more episodes airing this month post-TROS release so if you see them before you actually see TROS, I don't think you'll be spoiled anyway but probably just enjoying the tie-ins.
  • bfloo
    16631 posts Member
    Are you the only one who watches this show?

At least the old rebelz thread we had 4 or 5 of us who suffered through it

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1953 posts Member

No, there are some people who watch it and talk about it through social media or Reddit.

They are also responsible for finding out Disney's not giving the show a winter break like Season 1 last year and Rebels before and just airing it right through TROS and the Mandalorian's last Season 1 episodes right up to February.

But the greatest thing is that watching this show is kind of a way of not having to rewatch the films to get ready to see TROS since it's bridging the trilogy together.
  • Your alone in this thread. Have fun
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Your alone in this thread. Have fun

Eh, I'm excited to see the remaining 8 episodes left in the series and I don't mind a future ST drop in the game could be a month's worth of content from the entire two seasons, which is not much.

This preview for the next two episodes is intriguing, though:

• bfloo wrote: »

Suffered thru it?! That's a little bit of an overreaction. It's star wars, it's a show, you should just get over the fact that people can talk about a SW show they like with free will and without being charged for just because you don't like it. No bother picking on others just because they're not talking about the clone wars, life is not about the CW, and neither is SW revolving around just the CW.
  • Rebels was a great show. So many great moment and characters, plus it does a great job finishing arcs from Clone Wars and leading us into Rogue One and A New Hope.

Resistance is good, but I don't have near the interest in the sequel time frame. They've done a good job with the characters and station dynamic overall. The season 1 finale was great, much like how Rebels season 1 finale arc. Rebels sort of took off from there, and Resistance is sort of doing the same. I really like how they've transitioned into season 2 with more of an exploration angle. It's reminiscent of Star Trek, BSG, or the Babylon 5 spinoff Crusade.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

Suffered thru it?! That's a little bit of an overreaction. It's star wars, it's a show, you should just get over the fact that people can talk about a SW show they like with free will and without being charged for just because you don't like it. No bother picking on others just because they're not talking about the clone wars, life is not about the CW, and neither is SW revolving around just the CW.

Dammmnnnn
    that is some serious salt there lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Rebels was a great show. So many great moment and characters, plus it does a great job finishing arcs from Clone Wars and leading us into Rogue One and A New Hope.

Resistance is good, but I don't have near the interest in the sequel time frame. They've done a good job with the characters and station dynamic overall. The season 1 finale was great, much like how Rebels season 1 finale arc. Rebels sort of took off from there, and Resistance is sort of doing the same. I really like how they've transitioned into season 2 with more of an exploration angle. It's reminiscent of Star Trek, BSG, or the Babylon 5 spinoff Crusade.

Honestly, while people are saying the saga's over, the ST timeline won't technically be over until the series finale airs so the story of this war won't be complete unless we get to the end of this series.
    Some people have said the plot of TROS moves pretty quickly and there are some stuff that aren't explained entirely like Sheev's return and him taking over the FO so I wouldn't be surprised if the dialogue from Fortnite makes it into Resistance or something.
  • I only watch the story episodes and completely avoid the filler ones. So episode 11 was pretty good, Kaz wasn’t a baffoon and the First Order are involved
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    I only watch the story episodes and completely avoid the filler ones. So episode 11 was pretty good, Kaz wasn’t a baffoon and the First Order are involved

It's looking likely that the remaining episodes this month and going into January and likely Feburary (for the series finale) will just be story and no filler.

Maybe Lucasfilm has some kind of rule that they can't show payoff or more central tie-ins in the shows until the film's released (kind of similar to what happened with Rogue One and Rebels)?
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Yep, the remaining episodes in January will be story, not filler and the series finale is actually not in February but a 1-hour episode airing on January 26th (guessing TCW Season 7 is coming immediately once February starts).

Here's the sypnosis of the remaining episodes of the show in January:

Sunday, Jan. 5

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD and Disney Channel

Star Wars Resistance “The Mutiny“

(6:00-6:30 P.M. EST on Disney XD/10:00-10:30 P.M. EST on Disney Channel)

Kragan buys a secret weapon to capture the Colossus and take over. When Synara discovers this plan, she tries to warn Kaz and crew, but it may be too late.

*Joe Manganiello (“Magic Mike”) and Daveed Diggs (Broadway’s “Hamilton”) guest star as Ax Tagrin and Norath Kev, respectively.

TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 12

Star Wars Resistance “The New World“

Doza takes the Colossus to a hidden world on the outer rim, only to find it’s inhabited by beings who don’t like them.

TV-Y7 FV

Star Wars Resistance “No Place Safe“

(6:30-7:00 P.M. EST on Disney XD/10:30-11:00 P.M. EST on Disney Channel)

Kaz decides to join up with Poe and the Resistance, but things go awry when he discovers the First Order has located the Colossus.

*Lucy Lawless (“Ash vs Evil Dead”) guest stars as Aeosian Queen.

TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 19

Star Wars Resistance “Rebuilding the Resistance“

Resistance recruits need an escort getting off of Dantooine, but, unfortunately, Tam is assigned to destroy the recruits.

*Daveed Diggs (Broadway’s “Hamilton”) and Lucy Lawless (“Ash vs Evil Dead”) return as Norath Kev and Aeosian Queen, respectively.

TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 26

Star Wars Resistance “The Escape“

(6:00-7:00 P.M. EST on Disney XD/10:00-11:00 P.M. EST on Disney Channel)

Kaz and Yeager attempt to rescue Tam from the First Order while trying to evade capture on a Star Destroyer. Meanwhile, the Colossus is in trouble and faces an impossible choice.

TV-Y7 FV

https://www.wdtvpress.com/disneychannel/pressrelease/january-2020-programming-highlights-for-disney-channel-disney-xd-and-disney-junior/
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episode 12 review:
    "The Missing Agent" is giving me the feeling of how the last episodes of Rebels were like. Wondering if we're past the events of Galaxy's Edge and start moving towards TROS or the list that Norath Kev had will aid Leia's main Resistance group somehow.

It's odd though that Pyre would send a bounty hunter like Ax Tagrin after Resistance agents, especially Norath when he and Tierney can just deploy forces quickly as possible.

In the trailer, it looked like Pyre's fleet is going to deploy orbital bombardment on the planet so I think there might be a possibility of the civilians of the town where Kaz, Yeager, and Synara traveled to evacuating to the Colossus or somewhere else.

It's great that we got a cliffhanger like last year's season finale, I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Episode 13 review:
    It was interesting how Kaz is starting to take action as quick as other ST characters we've seen like Poe since he just decided to ambush some stormtroopers with Norath and wear their uniforms to rescue Yeager and Synara. Kaz was able to almost kill Pyre (the E-11 Kaz had was set to stun) so since he isn't under Kylo's command in TROS, it might be likely that he could be eliminated in the series finale. CB-23 really fought back against Tierney and Ax Tagrin, this is what I wanted to see more of BB-8 doing in TROS when fighting the First Order but it was still prety awesome.

"Breakout" definitely pushes the edges of how the First Order is getting closer and closer to tracking down the Colossus. Star Destroyers were almost able to pursue it before it jumped to hyperspace. Luckily, the Ace Squadron finally now show their strength in countering the First Order's TIEs and stayed behind to escort the four from Varkana back to the station.

Six more episodes to go and I hope the rush that's currently carrying in the series doesn't end since it's been enjoyable. I do wish we get Sheev's message in the series finale, kind of odd they didn't show it in the film and would be disappointing if we don't get it anywhere in canon except Fortnite.
  • bfloo
    16631 posts Member
    Someone watch this show so he has some one to tal to about it, please :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episode 14 review:
    "The Mutiny" was good in the fact that it challenges the leadership of Captain Doza as whether or not he should be the one in charge of the Colossus.

Kraglin didn't always have the full allegiance to the station and that's truly revealed here and in the TROS Visual Dictionary with both appearances of the Crimson Corsair. I actually thought we see his crew again from TFA (including now Kix) but it was just a quick cameo.

What I really enjoyed is that Neeku turns out to be quite the spy for Doza when he gains responsibility to work on repairing Kraglin's Super Battle Droids and a regular Battle Droid (reminds me of Roger (RO-GR) from Lego Freemaker Adventures) and turns out to secretly control them himself.

I also liked the fact that Synara's true family is revealed to be with the Colossus, she got tired of being abandoned and then called back again many times by Kraglin and his pirates. They could've imprisoned or executed Kraglin and the pirates if they wanted to but she gave him the most humane way to pay her debt to him: letting him and the pirate gang flee the Colossus on the Galleon with the hyperdrive removed.

5 more to go (2 next week, 1 the week after, and one-hour series finale in the third week) and can't wait to see its full connections to TROS!
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episode 15 & 16 review:
    "The New World" and "No Place Safe" were okay as one story. But the art design for Aeos Prime caught my eyes more.

Really great that it's shown again in the galaxy that while there are factions like the First Order that desires power and will do what it takes to get it, no matter the cost, there are still individuals that will take the higher road and help others like Kaz, healing an Aeosian, representing to the Queen and her people that they're not the evil ones that will do harm but will be the one to fight back at it.

The synopsis for "No Place Safe" was misleading when it said Poe since we got Norath instead. There was a good mention of Batuu in there, I do wonder where the series is so far on the timeline since we're near the end of the season and the show. Neeku's reaction to Kaz leaving was really funny.

Amazing atmospheric battle, similar to what we saw on the Season 1 finale on Castilon. We got the FO TIE Bombers from the Allegiance comic in action, yes!

It's interesting Kaz almost took out the bridge of Pyre's and Tierney's Star Destroyer but Tam then absorbed it. Well, there's some nod to Pyre fearing what Kylo's going to do to him if he fails and it's great to see Tam get promoted to 2nd Squadron Commander, wonder what Rucklin's reaction will be like.

1 episode next week and 2 the following week. We're almost done with the ST timeline and I can't wait to see if this show fills in the gaps TROS left at the beginning.
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Episode 17 review:

"Rebuilding the Resistance" kind of brought what I wanted to see in "No Place Safe", the Colossus joining with the Resistance.

Venisa comes to the Colossus, finally reuniting with Torra and Captain Doza, and Norath and Hugh (from the Season 1 premiere) also arrive with her as part of Jade Squadron.

They're trying to get Resistance recruits off Dantooine and the First Order already is blockading the planet. Ultimately, 2 out of 3 shuttles carrying the recruits successfully made it back to the Colossus. Tam's commander, Lieutenant Galek, got taken out during the battle between the FO and the Aces and Jade Squadron so Tam ultimately got promoted from 2nd squadron commander to squadron leader in celebration of actually Rucklin shooting down that third shuttle. Rucklin got pretty mad that Tam got that promotion.

Yeager and Venisa ultimately talk about how Tam is going to reassess the decision she made to defect to the FO and I think we see that Tam is currently doing that here and ultimately the series finale next week.

Really impressed with the decision with Captain Doza did at the end to unite the Colossus with the Resistance, if you're all pursued by the FO, you might as well team up to take it down.

Two more episodes (as one hour-long finale) to go to finish the show and I'm excited to see the connections between it and TROS.

P.S. It was pointed out that the Jedi Temple on Dantooine from the KOTOR game (which is now Legends) is shown in the show as its first canon appearance:

SPOILER_Screenshot_2020-01-19_at_6.03.45_PM.png

SPOILER_Originalenclave.jpg
  • lowell
    1953 posts Member
    Episodes 18 & 19 (series finale) review:
    Wow, can't believe the show's done immediately a month after TROS is done. Well, the episode didn't go all the way I expected.

Yes, Tam regrets being part of the FO and messages the Colossus to rescue her back on Castilon. Kylo threatens Pyre and Tierney to find the Colossus and destroy it or else he'll use the Force to make them shoot and kill each other. Kaz and Yeager go to where the Colossus was stationed on the ocean in Season 1 and Tam and her squadron (including Jace, forced to assist Tam by Tierney's orders) go on a flight lesson. They attack Kaz and Yeager, forcing Tam to knock Jace unconscious, and shoot the other fighters. She drags Jace onto Kaz's and Yeager's FO transporter, except Tierney found out Tam's plan to go AWOL from the FO and sends the Star Destroyer after them.

They try to escape to hyperspace but get dragged by a tractor beam. While Kaz and Yeager sets the transporter to self-destruct, Jace hears the Colossus being located in the Barabesh system.

Pyre and Tierney calls Tam and Jace traitors and Jace reveals the location but is still marked as a traitor. Kaz and Yeager self-destruct the ship in the Star Destroyer's docking bay.

Kaz and Yeager go after Tam and Tam finally punches Jace in the face for his ***** personality once and for all. The three, leaving Jace, go to send a message to the Colossus, when received leads to all the residents uniting together to fight the FO. After sending the message, they get captured by the stormtroopers. Ace and Jace Squadron unite the starfighters and the people on the Colossus carry out all weapons they have to fight.

Pyre and Tierney prepares to let troops board the Colossus and the residents fight back against them. The starfighter squadron goes after the Star Destroyer engine except it's still shielded. CB-23 turns it off and the squadron succeeds and attacks every other part of the squadron.

Kaz, Yeager, and Tam escape from Pyre again and heads for any remaining ship to escape. Kaz ends up getting stuck and Pyre almost kills him with the laser axe but CB-23 steps in the way, leading Kaz to get back up and fight back against Pyre (fight's basically similar to Finn and Phasma on the Supremacy).

The three finally escape on another troop transporter and Tierney asks Kylo for reinforcements but Kylo instead chokes her for her failure. The Star Destroyer explodes after the squadron take down every component of it on the exterior, leading to Pyre, Tierney, Jace, and all other FO personnel dying.

Tam finally arrives back on the Colossus and ask for forgiveness from everyone and is accepted back as part of the family and they all gather at Aunt Z's for celebration.

That's it, no tie-ins to the films anymore, not even anything related to joining Leia's main group on Batuu or Ajan Kloss or even Sheev's comeback.

They said this was planned for 2 seasons but I'm guessing they had some outlines for a third season but was canceled before anything could be done for connections to TROS, even for this season.

Wondering what will happen to these characters during TROS since the Fireball appears in the Battle of Exegol and where in the timeline the series finale is now, how long is it before the events of TROS happen?

It was an okayish series but TCW and Rebels were more engaging, I think they really emphasized on character development on this show more than the war in the films overall.