criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Star Wars Resistance Season 2

lowell
1652 posts Member
edited October 7
I just watched the Season 2 premiere today and it was cool that there wasn't a major time skip since we're still picking up from TFA/Season 1 and now we're probably between the ending of TFA and the beginning of TLJ, when the Resistance is packing up and evacuating from D'Qar.

Looking forward to the next few episodes hitting against the TLJ timeline and moving beyond it. This season is apparently 19 episodes:

It was pretty funny to see MB-13A back again, basically he's like the Phasma of this show (alluding to how Rian Johnson said Phasma was the Kenny from South Park of the ST films). It was also great to find out Neeku got them almost near D'Qar by 3 parsecs so we shouldn't underestimate him with his navigation skills. The tavern got kind of wild with the zero-gravity but they're still celebrating the escape so that's a pass.

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3797 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Just about to watch the episode now!
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 14
    Watched episode 2 today and finally glad we're in the TLJ timeline now. Can't wait to see what happens next and if Pyre does get to be promoted to Phasma's position or not.
    Interesting to see Jace return in the episode after being carried away by the First Order in the last season. I actually did predict he would turn to the First Order but saw that capture as him being like others that were previously captured. I'm guessing he was either conditioned into being a pilot after capture or was recruited by them but we didn't see it happen.

I am more curious about the allegiance of Kaz's family, First Order or New Republic/Resistance or now independent and awesome to see Kaz's father/NR senator being fully visible on screen now.

Didn't realize coaxium still existed in the destruction of vessels since it would explode on impact but it's odd we didn't see any of the bodies of the crew of the Fulminatrix like Captain Canady lying around, maybe they just disintegrated or something?

Really cool dogfight between the Aces and the TIEs in space while Kaz, Synara, Neeku, and Kragan's Warbird pirates salvage the coaxium for the Colossus. This could be a good map for the game to replace the current D'Qar map or be an additional map.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Do you honestly enjoy this show? I mean look at It's YouTube reception. Not very popular amongst fans.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 20
    David1543 wrote: »
    Do you honestly enjoy this show? I mean look at It's YouTube reception. Not very popular amongst fans.

The creators are ending the show on their own terms since they're tying the three ST films together through this final season. Wouldn't be surprised if things from the show appear in TROS like how elements of Rebels showed up in Rogue One.

r7mkyvfqdgg31.jpg

It was in production around TLJ wrapping up physical production but before JJ Abrams came back for TROS.

Plus, Season 1 will be up on Disney+ for those who haven't had a chance to watch it, maybe you should try it because it moves kind of faster in the second half of the season to get ready for TROS.

Also, check out this speculation for TROS based on what Sheev did last year on the final episodes of Rebels (also voiced by Ian McDiarmid himself):
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    edited October 20
    *Observes with amusement*

Oh, I have to finish watching season one. Made it to about the episode when a bunch of pirates hit the base during a storm or something. My mate doesn't want to watch it; they hate it. Watching Star Wars stuff alone doesn't bother me, but it's just kinda not the same. We used to watch the Clone Wars & Rebels together, so...

;-; *When Star Wars makes you grow apart, sad days*

But if season 2 of Resistance is out now all the more reason to binge the first season to completion and get it out of the way...
    Wknuto!
  • I didn’t know it tied into The Rise Of Skywalker? Does anyone know if it serves as lead up to TROS or if it’ll have a sort of coda to the Skywalker Saga (though it’s probably too early to tell)?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 21
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I didn’t know it tied into The Rise Of Skywalker? Does anyone know if it serves as lead up to TROS or if it’ll have a sort of coda to the Skywalker Saga (though it’s probably too early to tell)?

They basically had some brief insider knowledge about how TROS is going to go down but basically as far as I can tell, what's being done with Journey to TROS and Galaxy's Edge publishing programs, Galaxy's Edge's park story (along with Smuggler's Run and ROTR), and this show will likely collide once the events of TROS begins.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-star-wars-resistances-final-season-builds-up-to-the-1838632003

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-star-wars-resistance-is-ending-before-the-rise/1100-6470187/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_source=reddit.com

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-final-season-interview
    Post edited by lowell on
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    *Observes with amusement*

Oh, I have to finish watching season one. Made it to about the episode when a bunch of pirates hit the base during a storm or something. My mate doesn't want to watch it; they hate it. Watching Star Wars stuff alone doesn't bother me, but it's just kinda not the same. We used to watch the Clone Wars & Rebels together, so...

;-; *When Star Wars makes you grow apart, sad days*

But if season 2 of Resistance is out now all the more reason to binge the first season to completion and get it out of the way...

Pairs pretty well with the last arc of the Poe comic series from Marvel, which takes place post-TLJ but recaps both films from different points of views and talks about what Black Squadron did during the timeline of TLJ (Snap, Jess Pava, Karé, Suralinda).
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited October 21
    Well, we're finally getting somewhere with the Colossus and it was interesting to see both them and the First Order have similar tasks at the same time.
    Interesting that Doza is asking Yeager is prepping the Aces (including Kaz) to fight the First Order as quick as possible. I think we could very well see them in TROS providing backup for the Resistance in a space battle with the Colossus on the same screen like the Ghost and the Hammerhead Corvettes were in the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

The First Order has a different view of how a squadron works: survival of the fittest, every pilot fending for themselves to complete the mission makes the TIE corps stronger once the weak dies. Guessing Tam might have second thoughts on joining them as the season keeps going.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • EA_Rtas
    1574 posts EA Moderator
    Been looking forward to this for a while and just checked out episode 1 last night, can't wait to catch up on 2nd and 3rd episodes. Really under rated series imo
  • bfloo
    15972 posts Member
    Hope you all like it, I never made it through the 1st episode of season 1, the kid annoyed me more than Ezra did.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1652 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Hope you all like it, I never made it through the 1st episode of season 1, the kid annoyed me more than Ezra did.

Definitely gets more intense and darker once Season 1 gets into TFA timeline territory with Poe and BB-8 out of the window and the last episodes of Season 1 and Season 2 is an upgrade from the first half of Season 1, from my look.
  • EA_Rtas
    1574 posts EA Moderator
    bfloo wrote: »

To each their own, it's understandable that not everyone is going to enjoy the series. Personally I've liked each of them, though Clone Wars will always be my favorite.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Thoughts on episodes 4-6:
    Hunt on Celsor 3 was okay and does show more of what is needed for a large group of people on a space station on the run to survive.

The Engineer is interesting and Neena's ideology kind of aligns with the FO's Survival of the Fittest motto. It's odd they sent in an Nikto alien instead of a human to infiltrate and sabotage the Colossus. Perhaps, they thought the residents of the station would find closeness with aliens more than humans because most of the platform's demographics are non-humans.

From Beneath wasn't the route I wanted them to go but it's a must for them since Flix would get them free fuel from his family. Also, pretty cool to see that after Flix and Okra were confirmed to be a couple, they are actually portrayed exactly that in the show. It does remind me of the Sabine episodes in Rebels Season 3 where she repaired her relationship with her family, which gave the Alliance more allies in return. This might be what the Colossus needs to do later in the season to help Leia rebuild the Resistance for TROS: gather more allies across the galaxy.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Resistance Season 2 is expected to keep airing through TROS and past it in December so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the series finale air in January or February than March, if there's going to be no breaks at all.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsResistance/comments/dtk3tn/december_episodes/