criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

The point of Co Op is to capture command posts

The past several days it's become pretty clear a lot of people are playing Co Op ONLY to level up their troops. The sheer number of times we've been defeated at the first or second command post because one or several players, rather than working toward the victory, have grabbed a hero and are just off by themselves slaughtering AI for BP.
Here's the thing.
First, we lose. And losing sucks.
Second, when you're occupying a command post, the enemy will swarm, giving you MANY opportunities for ridiculous kill steaks and assists. WAY more than if you're on your own taking down strays running around the battlefield.
Yeah, you might still get 1st or 2nd place, but we lose. And it's also not fun to be the only person trying to complete the objectives. I love pairing up with another live player of a different class and covering them. Working together is fun, y0. If you just wanna slaughter, then go do a battle royale mode. There are several.
/RANT

Replies

• Also, pay attention to which post your team is presently trying to occupy, and consolidate effort there. Where you go, your AI teammates will follow. The more troops are at the post, the faster you capture it. It's pointless to wander off and try to capture one solo, if the rest of your team is all at a different location. You're just going to get fragged and not help your team at all.
  • Can’t say I’ve had this issue myself. Besides, the jokes on them. They would get more xp capturing points and proceeding to the next stages than running off and getting a few kills on a single phase.
    Teamwork is always a problem though when a bunch of randoms get together. No voice chat doesn’t exactly help. But like I said, I’ve not had an issue with what you’re experiencing. Are you sure it’s not a rage reaction at people getting heroes before you?
  • I thought they were just *****... I usually hold them alone while the muppets are little yellow dots in the distance. lol

Luckily it's not hard enough to need all the team mates anyway.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif

• OcDoc
    1943 posts Member
    Let the (friendly) bots sit in the control points. I gotta go kill somebody, maybe even everybody.

And it isn’t like my team loses, so I don’t see the problem.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Are you sure it’s not a rage reaction at people getting heroes before you?

I don't think so, mostly because the command post icons show how many teammates are occupying them, and I'll always go where someone else is (or spawn on them). Often I choose default spawn point because no one is working the objective, and when I select their spawn point I can see them just running around as Dooku. Always Dooku...

Again, this is NOT every time I play, but frequently enough that I notice. To be fair, I might notice because I'm not a [email protected]***** at this game. I'm good enough to play and score, but I'm never going to run the tables, so playing without support of another live player is definitely something I'd notice more than someone who's been playing since launch and routinely gets #1 ranking.

But yeah, joke's definitely on them, because as Bossk I can mine the command post and get 8 kills at a whack when the enemy surges and rushes the post. It's hilarious. I've taken him from level 1 to level 35 in less than a week!

• Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    I haven’t experienced this problem because the majority of the AI is at the command posts. So if you wanna get a ton of kills with a hero you kind of have to play the objective as that’s where the AI head to
  • vonVile
    354 posts Member
    edited October 9
    The past several days it's become pretty clear a lot of people are playing Co Op ONLY to level up their troops. The sheer number of times we've been defeated at the first or second command post because one or several players, rather than working toward the victory, have grabbed a hero and are just off by themselves slaughtering AI for BP.
    Isn't this what BF2 is all about? To be the first one to grab a Hero and not care about the map objective. That's the way DICE designed it.
  • The past several days it's become pretty clear a lot of people are playing Co Op ONLY to level up their troops. The sheer number of times we've been defeated at the first or second command post because one or several players, rather than working toward the victory, have grabbed a hero and are just off by themselves slaughtering AI for BP.
    Here's the thing.
    First, we lose. And losing sucks.
    Second, when you're occupying a command post, the enemy will swarm, giving you MANY opportunities for ridiculous kill steaks and assists. WAY more than if you're on your own taking down strays running around the battlefield.
    Yeah, you might still get 1st or 2nd place, but we lose. And it's also not fun to be the only person trying to complete the objectives. I love pairing up with another live player of a different class and covering them. Working together is fun, y0. If you just wanna slaughter, then go do a battle royale mode. There are several.
    /RANT

You sound like a nice player to play with
  • chairmankaga525

I've seen the same in my co-op matches too, but not a majority of the time. Send me a friend request, so we can hook up on co-op if you plan on PC.

IGF_SithSynergy
    "Peace is a lie"
  • Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    What do you play on pc or console if your ps4 i would happily help you out in co op I always play the objective
  • I'm not really seeing this issue in-game, & quite frankly even with rather uncoordinated teams once you've learned the "ideal" command posts to target on each level, you can at least start to capture & easily contest them until your teammates get their act together.
  • I've played around 150 matches of Co Op now. I've lost maybe 3 or 4 times. The thing is, it's incredibly easy to win if all 4 people are on one point. Laughably so. Hence why some of us just go at different points to farm more kills, and exp. I get your point on playing OBJ, but at the same time, people want to level up their heroes, and they want more of a challenge. Going off on your own and fighting hordes of enemies is infinitely harder than sitting on one point, with all your friendly AI around you, and your 3 other co op friends, getting lucky to slaughter one group of people before your buddies do.

This game mode can be done with just 2 people working together, which is why it really puzzles me why you need 3 people to start the game. It's not hard at all. And it's much more fun to just slaughter AI then to sit on an OBJ and wait for AI to come to you. Sometimes the AI bunches up and goes to the opposite OBJ where no one is and just stays there. I cannot tell you how many times that's happened to me and my friend. Hence why we just go out and slaughter them.